This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox LIVE vs PSN

Go down 
+24
Twisted Tony
ImYourKillCam
Pein
Mr. Cole Drake
Kendo
Lt Xplosi
Master_Chief
Mr. Project Natal
Blixtstorm
Grim0666
miroforlife
Arbiteris
St3V1E 93
FaTb0y
shadowmonkey987
DemonWolf
arnt god of war
spartan225
CryonicMaestro ZA
Aero250
orca464
fonderplague
lynch006
Zombl337
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:53 pm

One thing about XBL vs PSN that ALWAYS comes out is how people say Xbox LIVE is all P2P and PSN is all Dedicated servers. That's BS.

Xbox LIVE & PSN are both 95% P2P, with the exception on PS3 being Sony's 1st party games, and Xbox LIVE games like Left 4 Dead, Unreal Tournament 3, Section 8, Frontlines Fuel of War and Perfect Dark Zero (PDZ had 32 players on XBL, so I'm not really sure if that was P2P or Dedicated though).

Both services have their pros and cons, it all comes down to opinion. And if you are someone who uses all of Xbox LIVE's features, like myself, you will realize how much worth you get out of Xbox LIVE for a mere $50 a yr ($30-$40 on sale for 12 month subs).
Back to top Go down
lynch006
Seaman Recruit
lynch006

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm

ya that true...i would rather pay for xbl and get new stuff every day or week like sentuamessage and system update to make it better then lookin ps3 depressin dashboard...
Back to top Go down
fonderplague
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
fonderplague

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

lynch006 wrote:
ya that true...i would rather pay for xbl and get new stuff every day or week like sentuamessage and system update to make it better then lookin ps3 depressin dashboard...

So true. Looking at the PS3 dashboard is like an emo kid with tattered clothes sitting next to a rich kid.

Totally diffrent looks between the two.
Back to top Go down
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 pm

i think PSNs great if you are a minimalist and hate lots of features
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:47 am

Xbox live >>> PSN.

imo of course.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:05 am

Whenever I use my friends PS3, I always have to take time to search around for a while before I find out where I need to go. My friend doesnt even know how to navigate the whole PS3 dashboard either and he owns the damn thing. The second I turned on my 360 for the first time, everything was obvious and easy to navigate which is another reason I like Xbox.
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:14 am

Xbox Live Pro's:
- Party System allowing you to gather your freinds and immediately chat with eachother.
- Quality, nothing ever goes wrong, never disconnect.
- Marketplace, organized, more content, more exclusive content, Games on Demand.
- Constant events to keep you entertained.
- 1 vs 100, free, entertaining and rewarding game.
Xbox Live Con's
- Maximum of 100 friends.
- Only 8 people in a party at once.
- Not free.

Last edited by CryonicMaestro ZA on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I do whatever I want !!!)
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:42 am

xbox live is well better
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:58 am

CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
Xbox Live Pro's:
- Party System allowing you to gather your freinds and immediately chat with eachother.
- Marketplace, organized, more content, more exclusive content, Games on Demand.
Xbox Live Con's
- Not free.
with 8 people there tends to be alooooot of talk going on at once more would just make it worse
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Xbox Live is certainly better.
What ps3 fanboys always criticise are:

Not free: but then again, you get much more features and content and the ps3's equivalent is Quore which is not only more expensive but inferior.
Lag: I've never experienced lag in any xbl game! lol I don't know what they mean.

I suppose there's nothing bad about psn but live gives you more!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 pm

arntson wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
Xbox Live Pro's:
Xbox Live Con's
- Not free.
with 8 people there tends to be alooooot of talk going on at once more would just make it worse

Depends who you are and talk to. I am most of the time in a party with 8 members and things get difficult when one of my best friends or clan members come online and I need to make space.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:40 pm

CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
arntson wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
Xbox Live Pro's:
Xbox Live Con's
- Not free.

Depends who you are and talk to. I am most of the time in a party with 8 members and things get difficult when one of my best friends or clan members come online and I need to make space.
i suppose so
Back to top Go down
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
shadowmonkey987

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:35 pm

the max freinds is 100 due to halo2 having a 100 freind limit

if they shut down the servers for that game the freinds list on the 360 would prob be higher
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/shadowmonkey987/profile
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:41 pm

arntson wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
arntson wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
Xbox Live Pro's:
Xbox Live Con's
- Not free.

i suppose so

Yea dude imagine 16 people all trying to talk at the same time in a 4x4 subicle, thats what it would sound like.....aint gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
FaTb0y
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
FaTb0y

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Xbox Live has always been better than PSN in my eyes. Sure we pay 50 bucks a YEAR, but it's for a GREAT online time. I will always prefer xbl over psn.
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

FaTb0y wrote:
Xbox Live has always been better than PSN in my eyes. Sure we pay 50 bucks a month, but it's for a GREAT online time. I will always prefer xbl over psn.

lol we don't pay 50 bucks a month.
Back to top Go down
St3V1E 93
Seaman Recruit
St3V1E 93

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 pm

i own both systems. XBL is so much better than PSN. XBL is more charismatic and more appealing than psn. XBL is simple,quick and lots of fun. psn is really dull and slow.
and the microphones on the ps3 are sore to ware while the xbox 360 head seat is counforatasble and has good grim.

more people play on XBL and thats a fact
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

I think Live is better.But psn isnt bad,its not just as good as live.Does anyone here think MAG will work as they say it will,without lag.
Back to top Go down
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:36 am

Quote :
I think Live is better.But psn isnt bad,its not just as good as live.Does anyone here think MAG will work as they say it will,without lag.

honestly its a sound idea for a game and the PS3 can deffently take that many people HARDWARE wise but NETWORK wise is a different story unless they smart enough to dumb down the graphics and physics more than they already have because it looks like BF2 modern combat. i predict this will be a MASSIVE lag fest. most mmo's even WOW has problems with 100 people or more on a screen and to be honest no other game like this has ever been attempted. as such it will be very interesting to see how the game ends up.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Guess what,i will be getting live tonight.My dad is getting a long enthernet cord so i can connect to the internet.my gamertag will be Zeratul868.Feel free to add me: )
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Guess what,i will be getting live tonight.My dad is getting a long enthernet cord so i can connect to the internet.my gamertag will be Zeratul868.Feel free to add me: )
look forward to it
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:51 pm

arntson wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
look forward to it

srry,i have to wait tommorow.my dad forgot to bring the enthernet cord home from his work today
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
arntson wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
look forward to it

srry,i have to wait tommorow.my dad forgot to bring the enthernet cord home from his work today
well im still looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Yea,cant wait to beat you in halo 3(nah,ur gonna beat me,im just kidden)
Back to top Go down
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:26 pm

psn is ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE vs PSN   Xbox LIVE vs PSN Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox LIVE vs PSN
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: