This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3

Go down 
+6
Pein
ghost23
Stigma
Frank2368
Freemon34'
Ozsem
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:50 pm

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3713/square-enix-trouble-fitting-ffxiv-on-ps3

LMAO. Remember when 360 was getting bashed cause FFXIII was in 3 disks? Looks like Blu ray isn't as good as what they say it is. Laughing

I would put this on the Sony section, but thats more for positive news.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:41 pm

lol time for BD 2.0 and HVD.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:15 pm

They're not talking about the size of discs Neutral

They mean the the 256MB RAM the PS3 has.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Frank2368 wrote:

I know, It'll take some time for them to use up all 67 GB on the lastest for of BD.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I know, It'll take some time for them to use up all 67 GB on the lastest for of BD.

67GB? Duel layered disks have 50GB.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

They reformated BD's a few months back, duel layers now have 67 GBs.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/67gb-bluray-discs-on-the-horizon/
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Have these come out yet? It's from January and it says, "on the horizon". Some company should try increasing the storage capacity of DVDs too.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Have these come out yet? It's from January and it says, "on the horizon". Some company should try increasing the storage capacity of DVDs too.
Yeah, Sony put in a PS3 FW a few months back. I think they put it in with 3.21, the one that took out linux.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 am

"Limitations of the PS3". I'm gonna love to see Ps3 fanboy reaction to this statement.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:39 am

ghost23 wrote:
"Limitations of the PS3". I'm gonna love to see Ps3 fanboy reaction to this statement.
lol true,i cant wait to see n4g reaction to this lol!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Yeah, Sony put in a PS3 FW a few months back. I think they put it in with 3.21, the one that took out linux.

It's still 50 Gbs of storage. You can't reformat a blu-ray disc without a new Blu-ray disc reader.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 am

MMOs are harder to develop on with less memory. Especially on the PS3 since the RAM for the GPU and CPU is seperated (and only the GPU can access both parts of the 512 MB RAM).

What people don't realize this generation is that limited RAM is a much bigger bottleneck than storage space. You can easily get around the storage limit of DVD with either better use of compression or making the game run on 2 discs.

Some people actually prefer games to run on 2 discs. I like the fact that Halo ODST's campaign disc and the mythic multiplayer disc were kept seperate. I hope Gears 3 runs on 2 discs (1 for campaign, 1 for multiplayer)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Superior on PC? Oh looks like ps3 fanboys are going to get the pc version, you know, like they say they don't want a 360 because the superior games are on pc. So I expect all ps3 fanboys will buy this on pc. In fact, if it sells well on ps3, we can officially call ps3 fanboys the biggest hypocrites ever. (Well we can anyway but now we have more reasons lol)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
MMOs are harder to develop on with less memory. Especially on the PS3 since the RAM for the GPU and CPU is seperated (and only the GPU can access both parts of the 512 MB RAM).

What people don't realize this generation is that limited RAM is a much bigger bottleneck than storage space. You can easily get around the storage limit of DVD with either better use of compression or making the game run on 2 discs.

Some people actually prefer games to run on 2 discs. I like the fact that Halo ODST's campaign disc and the mythic multiplayer disc were kept seperate. I hope Gears 3 runs on 2 discs (1 for campaign, 1 for multiplayer)
QFT
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

It's still 50 Gbs of storage. You can't reformat a blu-ray disc without a new Blu-ray disc reader.
Read this:

Quote :
Already feeling the pinch of a mere 25GB per layer on a Blu-ray disc? Neither are we, but it looks like Sony and Panasonic have been busily working on ways to boost capacity nonetheless, and they've now devised a new method that seems to be on the fast track to becoming a standard. The best news is that it doesn't involve a change in Blu-ray optics, but rather something called the Maximum Likelihood Sequence Estimation evaluation index (or i-MLSE -- the "i' is just for kicks, it seems), which is a new means of estimating the read error rate of discs on the fly that has apparently be made possible thanks to "recent hardware advancements." According to Sony and Panasonic, that should now allow discs to hold up to 33.4 GB per layer, but it's not exactly clear what that means for existing Blu-ray players (a little firmware assistance seems to at least be a conceivable option, though). There's also no timeline for a rollout just yet, but Sony is reportedly now set to propose widespread adoption of i-MLSE to the Blu-ray Disc Association, of which it just so happens to be the leading member.

Source
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

[quote="ghost23"]"Limitations of the PS3". I'm gonna love to see Ps3 fanboy reaction to this statement. [/quote]

Not a fanboy but more of a technological aspect for the PS3. Originally the Cell was intended to function as the processor and memory. They decided to add RAM in their late design of the PS3 just to help out. The PS3 is just harder to code for. Instead of Square blaming it on the PS3 they need to blame it on their coding skills. The PS3 can definitely run anything the 360 can and vice versa. I will admit though that PC gaming (if you have the cash) can show them both up.

For the game itself I am looking forward to playing it on Live. But first I need to get a new 360. Mine rrod again but its out of warranty :( Looking to get one of the new sexy ones.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Jsamps wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Not a fanboy but more of a technological aspect for the PS3. Originally the Cell was intended to function as the processor and memory. They decided to add RAM in their late design of the PS3 just to help out. The PS3 is just harder to code for. Instead of Square blaming it on the PS3 they need to blame it on their coding skills. The PS3 can definitely run anything the 360 can and vice versa. I will admit though that PC gaming (if you have the cash) can show them both up.

For the game itself I am looking forward to playing it on Live. But first I need to get a new 360. Mine rrod again but its out of warranty Sad Looking to get one of the new sexy ones.

Why don't you try fixing it? There are plenty of tutorials on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:44 pm

[quote="BlackStigma"][quote="Jsamps"][quote="ghost23"]"Limitations of the PS3". I'm gonna love to see Ps3 fanboy reaction to this statement. [/quote]

For the game itself I am looking forward to playing it on Live. But first I need to get a new 360. Mine rrod again but its out of warranty :( Looking to get one of the new sexy ones.[/quote]

Why don't you try fixing it? There are plenty of tutorials on youtube.[/quote]

I've xclamped it twice and even tried the heat gun trick. I just cant get it this time.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Jsamps wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

For the game itself I am looking forward to playing it on Live. But first I need to get a new 360. Mine rrod again but its out of warranty Sad Looking to get one of the new sexy ones.

They've been developing on the PS3 for YEARS and Square Enix is a pretty big developer. I can understand them slacking off on the X360 version of FFXIII since all they did was spend a few months porting the naked 40 GB PS3 version to a different platform.

As I said before, MMOs are harder on the consoles because of way less RAM.
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:12 am

[quote="Alan1994"][quote="Jsamps"][quote="ghost23"]"Limitations of the PS3". I'm gonna love to see Ps3 fanboy reaction to this statement. [/quote]

For the game itself I am looking forward to playing it on Live. But first I need to get a new 360. Mine rrod again but its out of warranty :( Looking to get one of the new sexy ones.[/quote]

They've been developing on the PS3 for YEARS and Square Enix is a pretty big developer. I can understand them slacking off on the X360 version of FFXIII since all they did was spend a few months porting the naked 40 GB PS3 version to a different platform.

As I said before, MMOs are harder on the consoles because of way less RAM. [/quote]

No you are wrong. Its the coding period. They have more room for error on the PC and with that they can write sloppier code. With console coding developers have to stay within boundaries to the system which means tighter, less buggy coding. It is entirely possible to have a good mmo on either the 360 or the PS3 but devs want to note limitations by consoles and make excuses. If devs really want to step up their game and code mmo's for the current gen systems they need to do it and not blame it in a console that cant have its hardware upgraded unlike a PC. If the devs BIG or small cant step up to the challenge they need to stfu and stay on the porch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3   Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Square-Enix: Trouble Fitting FFXIV On PS3
Page 1 of 1