This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ps3 owners are no longer gamers

Go down 
+7
343_Guilty_Spark
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
raspymanic1
Mr. Cole Drake
Blixtstorm
spartan225
11 posters

Do you agree???
Yes
Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Vote_lcap84%Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
No
Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Vote_lcap16%Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Empty
PostSubject: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:30 am

Most Ps3 owners are no longer gamers they just like to watch their Blu-ray movies and browse the internet,they dont even buy their games! Killzone 2 a AAA game which was hyped for at least 4 years and was built on a brand new engine(i think)and only sold over 1.85 million copies since late february and Halo 3 ODST a game only hyped for 2 years, was being bulit on an old engine and was originally going to be an expansion sells 2 million in 24 hours! Also most preordered games sell more on 360 than on ps3 if the game is on both consoles, for example brutal legend,assassin's creed 2 and modern warfare 2 have more preorders on 360 than ps3! And now forza motorsport 3 has more preorders than tekken 6(on ps3) which is a racing game compared to a fighting game! And one last point: if you add up all the preordered games on 360 to ps3 there is by far more preordered games on 360!

So there you have it Ps3 owners are no longer gamers like us, if I missed any points please post them so I see what they are!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 am

The majority of PS3 owners dont play at all, most bought it since it was the cheapest blu-ray player on the market, when it was released.

The PS3 was a HD-media console, while the 360 was the game console.

Therefore gamers tend to own the 360 and a PC rather then having a PS3, I have a PS3 and a PC with Blu-ray, and from my perspective the PC handles the movies better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 am

So I guess Wii owners are the biggest gamers of all since Mario Kart and Wii Fit have sold more units then most 360 and PS3 games put together, right?
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 am

i dont get how people still buy it for a bluray as there are now lots of bluray players on the market cheeper than ps3 and the ps3 isnt the best bluray player the new players have alot more features like recording and 5.1 built in decoders.

i think xbox should do a dreamcast and bring out a christmas package with xbox and a bluray player lol
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 am

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
So I guess Wii owners are the biggest gamers of all since Mario Kart and Wii Fit have sold more units then most 360 and PS3 games put together, right?

wii fit isnt a game tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 am

It's got games in it. Or what about Wii Sports Resort. That game constantly outsells anything sony or microsoft put out. But I still wouldn't consider Wii owners to be bigger gamers then anyone else.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 am

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
It's got games in it. Or what about Wii Sports Resort. That game constantly outsells anything sony or microsoft put out. But I still wouldn't consider Wii owners to be bigger gamers then anyone else.

you need to look at certain factors 50m wii = more % of games sold 30m xboxes less % of games sold same goes for ps3, i read somewhere that average games played- xboxes sold was something like 7-1 so 7x 32m xboxes = 224m games.
see more than mario kart and wii fit

as for the hardcore gamers ive played including arcade 127 games on my 360 afro

my friend has a ps3 hes played 3 games lmfao
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Sorry but I have to disagree. I know that a lot of people buy ps3 just for blu-ray function but by pressing yes you are sort of saying that no one buys ps3 anymore for gaming... which we know is stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:21 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Sorry but I have to disagree. I know that a lot of people buy ps3 just for blu-ray function but by pressing yes you are sort of saying that no one buys ps3 anymore for gaming... which we know is stupid.

I pressed yes anyways Very Happy But you are right.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I voted yes just to piss off PS3 fanboys who we all know are going to find their way to an Xbox only website to troll and get banned.

As for the topic. I think it comes down to why people buy a console. Wii gets purchased by a lot of moms and dads for their family, usually young kids. The 360 gets purchased by a lot of hardcore gamers and the PS3 gets purchased by a lot of Blu-Ray watchers.

All three get purchased by a little of all groups, but the Xbox 360 is clearly winning hardcore gamers over more than the PS3. Just look at the preorders for Modern Warfare 2. It's about 3:1 in Xbox 360's favor.

Are there lots of hardcore players on the PS3? Yes, of course. But not nearly as many as on the 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:41 pm

127 games is alot, i just got a mear 18, not incueding arcade titles/indie (ive had my xbox for 11months now)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes I agree. All they do is bitch how bad another console is and how great their console and games are, yet most dont buy many Blu-Ray movies (if any AT ALL), and they dont buy their AAA games that deserve to be purchased.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

and yet the wii owners do not play games as much as us or even have a close enough attach rate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm

I accidentally misread the question and hit no. oops. Well here is why there probably won't be a PS4, most bought PS3 for blu-ray, why buy another? Plus sony's market team is utter shit. To be that old and be a fanboy, arguing with youth, so wrong.
Back to top Go down
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I can see you are going to get on my nerves already...
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:05 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Yea,i know what you mean
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
MICHAEL wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Yea,i know what you mean
well he is on my watch list
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 pm

arntson wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MICHAEL wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Yea,i know what you mean
well he is on my watch list

Same
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Im not trying to get banned or anything. I just dont think because a system sells more games necessarily means those owners are the biggest gamers. Wii sells more games then anyone, yet I dont know a single person who plays the thing more then a couple hours a month.

I dont know why PS3 and 360 owners cant all get along. Theyre the two best systems ever created. We should focus our rants on Wii owners if anyone. Its because of nintendo that the market is being flooded with crappy casual games. Developers used to care about the core gamers. Now they want mom and dad to be able to play everything. The wii has hurt the video game industy far more then the PS3 ever could.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Im not trying to get banned or anything. I just dont think because a system sells more games necessarily means those owners are the biggest gamers. Wii sells more games then anyone, yet I dont know a single person who plays the thing more then a couple hours a month.

I dont know why PS3 and 360 owners cant all get along. Theyre the two best systems ever created. We should focus our rants on Wii owners if anyone. Its because of nintendo that the market is being flooded with crappy casual games. Developers used to care about the core gamers. Now they want mom and dad to be able to play everything. The wii has hurt the video game industy far more then the PS3 ever could.

Because PS3 fanboys are horrible sub human elites morons. They awoke a sleeping giant with the whole retard Trey brotherhood. The Xbox Nation is legion and eventually we will winback youtube and re-secure the internet. We are tired of idiotic PS3 fanslaves spewing crap. We were happy to play games in silence, but they pushed us too far.

They is no reconciliation, PS3 fantards need to be taken down.

Oh and I have no problem with Wii owners. They are casual gamers, nothing wrong with that. I don't have to play casual games and they don't have to play hardcore games. Besides, casual gamers don't make videos on youtube calling us out.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry. Im new to this whole internet feud thing. Your problem isnt so much with the console as it is with its fanboys. Gottcha. Ive never actually met someone irl who holds a grudge against a gameing console.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Sorry. Im new to this whole internet feud thing. Your problem isnt so much with the console as it is with its fanboys. Gottcha. Ive never actually met someone irl who holds a grudge against a gameing console.
irl you have to be a total nerd to hold a grudge this feud is all fanboys really so yes your correct
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Yep, I have nothing against the PS3. I prefer the 360, but I was happy to let PS3 owners enjoy their machine. That is until they decided to shit on us for enjoying ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 owners are no longer gamers   Ps3 owners are no longer gamers Empty

Back to top Go down

Ps3 owners are no longer gamers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: