This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What I don't get about Wii owners

Go down 
+6
Dinoraffe
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Mr. Cole Drake
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

What I don't get about Wii owners Empty
PostSubject: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 am

I own a Wii myself, but it's not my only console. I only keep the thing around so once a year when Nintendo releases their good game, I can get my Mario fix. But fuck, man...I couldn't imagine being stuck with having a Wii as my only console. You would think it must be the same sick feeling the poor bastards who are still stuck with a PS2 have. Except Wii owners say they're fine with it. They're so out of touch with modern games they think the conduit is good! I can't fathom the mental gymnastics they must have to put their minds through to convince themselves the metroid prime trilogy is all they need while everyone else is rocking out to inFamous, Gears 2, and Batman: AA.

No offense to Wii owners as I am one. I just think a lot of them are too loyal to Nintendo and need to stop lying to themselves that it's okay to only get 2 or 3 good games a year. The only thing they have to look forward to this christmas is new super mario bros... I know they must be hurting on the inside...
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:20 am

Good point. The Wii is a "me too" system. It's a nice compliment to a 360, but you can't really get by with just a Wii.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:36 am

I always wonder what goes through their head when they go to gamestop or best buy and see all the previews for brutal legend and Lost Planet 2. Then they leave the store with a copy of wii sports resort and spend the rest of the night playing archery and canoeing. They must be pissed off a little bit.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Oh hell I know what you mean. I would not be able to live off a wii. I can only get my fill from hardcore gaming systems. The only reason I would ever buy a wii for is if my gamecube were to break and I would get a wii just to play the gamecube games as well as some of the interesting wii games. I honestly prefer gamecube because there were more hardcore games on it. It had quite a few cross plats with ps2 as well as its own great titles. Some of my favourites were Conan (underrated), Timesplitters, Monkey ball (not hardcore but fookin addicitive), Resident Evil, 007 Everything Or Nothing/Nightfire/Agent under fire, Soul Calibur, Price of persia, etc.

Yeah wiis alright but I don't think it stands up against ps3 or 360. I feel the same way about ds. Sure it's up to opinion but I feel that psp offers a superior gaming experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Oh hell I know what you mean. I would not be able to live off a wii. I can only get my fill from hardcore gaming systems. The only reason I would ever buy a wii for is if my gamecube were to break and I would get a wii just to play the gamecube games as well as some of the interesting wii games. I honestly prefer gamecube because there were more hardcore games on it. It had quite a few cross plats with ps2 as well as its own great titles. Some of my favourites were Conan (underrated), Timesplitters, Monkey ball (not hardcore but fookin addicitive), Resident Evil, 007 Everything Or Nothing/Nightfire/Agent under fire, Soul Calibur, Price of persia, etc.

Yeah wiis alright but I don't think it stands up against ps3 or 360. I feel the same way about ds. Sure it's up to opinion but I feel that psp offers a superior gaming experience.
I have a PSP too. I really like it. Puts out some pretty impressive graphics for a handheld too. I just wish the battery packs would hold a charge longer.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Well,ive have owned a wii for over 2 years(i still own it).I recenty got me 360.I did get by fine with my wii.It was onyl when i saw my friend play fable and Halo i started craving for a 360.Wii is VERY fun imo.But i could understand if you wouldnt like it.If you a big fps gamer then dont get a wii.If your more casual the wii is right for you.
Back to top Go down
Dinoraffe

Dinoraffe

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm

If they gamer is a casual gamer then there is no problem with only having a Wii.
Back to top Go down
lVlysTicaL NiT3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
lVlysTicaL NiT3

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Dinoraffe wrote:
If they gamer is a casual gamer then there is no problem with only having a Wii.
Yeah but even when I was a casual gamer back in 2006 if I saw a good game I'd want to play it. That is why I bought the 360 because I noticed the last gen systems were dying.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I have no idea why wii fanboys like to brag about the conduit.I was hyped about the game back before its realease because the trailers made itl ook awesome.It was decent.It was fun but wasnt anything special.i hear many wii fanboys saying scince they have the conduit the wii system has many mature games.Ex:person who doesnt own a wii "I dont like the wii because it doesnt have many mature games and not many shooters".Wii Fanboy:"well the wii has the AWESOME shooter called the conduit and its more mature".Do wii fanboys really want us to compare which console has more shooter or good games?Really though
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

I played the Wii all weekend at my cousins, and I would not want to have it as my only console and I wont buy a Wii until it is $99.99.
Back to top Go down
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:36 pm

What you need to understand is that most people who own a Wii are casual gamers. They're not into the hardcore stuff like Lost Planet 2 and Brutal Legend.

Yes, if you're a hardcore gamer, you'll want to spend an extra $50 (well, I guess it's $100 now) on a 360 Elite, but if you're in the market for a console you'll play occasionally, you're deciding between a Wii or a 360 Arcade. And most people (including me) would choose a Wii because a lack of a hard drive is a major put-off.
Back to top Go down
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

but the wii has the classics like Mario,and zeld and back then that was hardcore gaming. So doesn't that make the wii the most hardcore gaming system this gen

(i got this from sonicandtails4lfe)
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:42 am

miroforlife wrote:
but the wii has the classics like Mario,and zeld and back then that was hardcore gaming. So doesn't that make the wii the most hardcore gaming system this gen

(i got this from sonicandtails4lfe)

Hardcore has changed it's meaning. Now it refers to the opposite of casual. It used to mean games for hardcore gamers and Zelda and Mario would still fit that, but now it just means "opposite of casual type gameplay".
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:47 am

tehpanterafan wrote:
What you need to understand is that most people who own a Wii are casual gamers. They're not into the hardcore stuff like Lost Planet 2 and Brutal Legend.

Yes, if you're a hardcore gamer, you'll want to spend an extra $50 (well, I guess it's $100 now) on a 360 Elite, but if you're in the market for a console you'll play occasionally, you're deciding between a Wii or a 360 Arcade. And most people (including me) would choose a Wii because a lack of a hard drive is a major put-off.

You don't need a harddrive to play and the arcade comes with internal memory anyway. Sure the Wii does too, but it's not much either.

It comes down to the games you want to play. You can be casual and still casually play Halo just like you can casually play Mario Galaxy. If your so casual that you only want to play Wii sports cause it was fun in the Walmart electronics area your way to get your kid's soccer shoes, then look no further than the Wii.

It depends on what kind of casual gamer you are and what kinds of games you want to play.

Although Natal will level the playing field when it comes to the casual market. MS already has the hardcore market on lockdown, now they want a piece of that hot soccer mom pie.

Yeah I said it.
Back to top Go down
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:55 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:

You don't need a harddrive to play and the arcade comes with internal memory anyway. Sure the Wii does too, but it's not much either.

It comes down to the games you want to play. You can be casual and still casually play Halo just like you can casually play Mario Galaxy. If your so casual that you only want to play Wii sports cause it was fun in the Walmart electronics area your way to get your kid's soccer shoes, then look no further than the Wii.

It depends on what kind of casual gamer you are and what kinds of games you want to play.

Although Natal will level the playing field when it comes to the casual market. MS already has the hardcore market on lockdown, now they want a piece of that hot soccer mom pie.

Yeah I said it.
Yea, but it comes with a 512 MB memory card. IDK, that's personally a major problem for me. I have a 60GB HDD with a 256MB memory card I bought separately.

And yes, you can play Halo casually, but it was designed for hardcore gamers. Wii Sports/Play/Fit, those can really only be played in a casual sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I don't get about Wii owners   What I don't get about Wii owners Empty

Back to top Go down

What I don't get about Wii owners
Page 1 of 1