This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!

Go down 
+9
M3A7L04F
Blixtstorm
spartan225
DemonWolf
ghost23
dreadraptor85
Pickles
Master_Chief
Stigma
13 posters

Are PS3 owners REAL gamers?
No they aren't
Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_lcap47%Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_rcap
 47% [ 14 ]
Yes, they just need to buy games more often
Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_lcap17%Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
Maybe the people who got it solely for the blueray player are messing up the ratio.
Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_lcap36%Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Vote_rcap
 36% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Empty
PostSubject: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:08 am

As of now according to VGchartz the Xbox 360 has sold 35.11 million units worldwide, and the PS3 has sold 29.01 million units world wide

VGchartz has the total sales of 406 PS3 games, which is 189.96 million total sales

VGchartz has the total sales of 552 Xbox 360 games, which is 317.47 millions total sales

(Top 200 Xbox 360 games outsell all of the PS3 games LOL)

This is not including PSN games, or XBLA games (PS3 would be around 500 games, 360 almost 800 games)

Look at the attachment number

The average number of games per Xbox 360 console is 9.04

The average number of games per PS3 console is 6.54 (PATHETIC)

So the average 360 owner has 2.5 more games than the average PS3 owner, so like, WTF are you guys doing? LMAO!

Are PS3 owners really gamers? Or are the PS3 sales largely contributed to the need of affordable Blue Ray players?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:54 am

While I have explained why I dont bother with VG Charts it is true that PS3 owners dont buy games. I believe that most PS3 owners bought it as a bluray player.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:58 am

They got the ps3 for the Blu-ray player. Good thing I don't even like movies.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:09 am

Most people bought it as a blu-ray player. (Non gamers buy PS3 also.)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:38 am

I personally dont believe Blu-Ray is the future of HD movies. Microsoft is slowly starting to prove that the future is online streaming (Netflix, Zune Marketplace).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:00 am

Pickles wrote:
They got the ps3 for the Blu-ray player. Good thing I don't even like movies.

Yeah I don't like movies that much either. I mean, I don't dislike movies but I would much rather be playing a game!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:09 am

BlackStigma wrote:
As of now according to VGchartz the Xbox 360 has sold 35.11 million units worldwide, and the PS3 has sold 29.01 million units world wide

VGchartz has the total sales of 406 PS3 games, which is 189.96 million total sales

VGchartz has the total sales of 552 Xbox 360 games, which is 317.47 millions total sales

(Top 200 Xbox 360 games outsell all of the PS3 games LOL)

This is not including PSN games, or XBLA games (PS3 would be around 500 games, 360 almost 800 games)

Look at the attachment number

The average number of games per Xbox 360 console is 9.04

The average number of games per PS3 console is 6.54 (PATHETIC)

So the average 360 owner has 2.5 more games than the average PS3 owner, so like, WTF are you guys doing? LMAO!

Are PS3 owners really gamers? Or are the PS3 sales largely contributed to the need of affordable Blue Ray players?
I do believe I made a topic similar to this.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:34 am

Well the attachrate to 360 is:

11 games.

While the PS3 has:

5,2 games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 pm

PS3 Fanboys are the scum of the earth. I bet they wouldn't even their games if they were only a few cents!
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm

66% of them bought it for blu-ray. Not suprised.
Back to top Go down
360forever

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:40 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
PS3 Fanboys are the scum of the earth. I bet they wouldn't even their games if they were only a few cents!

even tho they forked out all that cash for the console?
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:21 pm

I'm sure this will change once GT5 and GOW3 are released. because those are some highly proven franchises from the PS1 and PS2, plus I have a lot of hype for these to games. The only one I had more hype for is Uncharted 2, and it didn't disappoint. As for this kind of stuff I think VGchartz is crap. I have about 40 PS3 games and about 30 360 games.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:36 pm

unfortunately we will never know the true ratio between ps3 owners who bought it for gaming and those who just bought it for blu-ray Sad
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:05 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
unfortunately we will never know the true ratio between ps3 owners who bought it for gaming and those who just bought it for blu-ray Sad
Thats true although the low software sales numbers dont seem to be rising much considering the drastic increase in hardware sales.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:04 pm

I like movies and games. However if they really buy a "Playstation" as a movie player they must be fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!   Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow! PS3 owners really don't buy games!
Page 1 of 1