This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!

Go down 
+13
Master Chief
DemonWolf
AgentA-Mi6
Mr. Project Natal
spartan225
SeriousSam22
ghost23
Zombl337
Master_Chief
M3A7L04F
Arbiteris
handkerchief
Kendo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! Empty
PostSubject: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:54 pm

I think I have figured it out, you wanna know the reason PS3 games sell like shit. Well the reason could be is that most PS3 owners buy used copies of new games from Gamestop. Considering the fact that Bluray is anti scratch. So 360 owners dont trust Gamestop (hell I dont trust them), and PS3 fanboys are too cheap to consider buying it new from Walmart or Target. This is very interesting. Isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:59 pm

did you just get this from zephyrnix?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:01 pm

*sigh*another "ps3 owners dont buy games thread".
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:02 pm

matrixrory wrote:
did you just get this from zephyrnix?
No I did not. I just figured this as one example or perhaps you could say I figured this from just the amount of used game selling.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Cause they are poor
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Because most PS3 owners bought it as a bluray player. NPD did a report showing how PS3 is driving bluray movie sales yet we dont see it driving PS3 game sales. PS3 software remains very low despite the huge hardware increase. I doubt a person who spends 300 dollars before tax on a console is going to be so cheap as to wait months for a game they want to play to hit the bargain bin.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Because most PS3 owners bought it as a bluray player. NPD did a report showing how PS3 is driving bluray movie sales yet we dont see it driving PS3 game sales. PS3 software remains very low despite the huge hardware increase. I doubt a person who spends 300 dollars before tax on a console is going to be so cheap as to wait months for a game they want to play to hit the bargain bin.
That as well. As well as the used games thing, though not sure why Sony's games dont sell. Well I know I never bought them.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:53 am

Cause they spent $600 + Tax on a machine, and dont realize it has games now lmao
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:17 am

Kendo wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
That as well. As well as the used games thing, though not sure why Sony's games dont sell. Well I know I never bought them.
Yeah well alot the PS3 exclusives are highly overrated and really arent that good. There are really only a few like Uncharted 2 that I would call good but most are disappointing. And alot of Sony's exclusives this gen dont have mass appeal. Heavy Rain will flop because it caters to a niche crowd, Team ICOs game will flop for the same reason. And even Sony's big exclusives are an epic fail. GOW 3 is a generic button masher and the demo didnt impress me at all and the graphics looked like GOW 2 HD. And GT5 is looking downgraded after seeing and playing the new demo. Plus the GT5 series as a whole is going downhill as Forza 3 has surpassed it and has risen the bar. And PD has had to push GT5 back in order to copy some of the features that Forza 3 has like damage and realistic physics (and GT5 still plays like a bumper car game). Judging by the new demo PD is failing miserably as they attempt to bring it up to par with Forza 3. And Forza 3 is sporting better looking graphics too especially in the environments. PD is a lazy developer and Turn 10 has lit a fire under their ass. Turn 10 delivers games fast and delivers them right.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Yeah well alot the PS3 exclusives are highly overrated and really arent that good. There are really only a few like Uncharted 2 that I would call good but most are disappointing. And alot of Sony's exclusives this gen dont have mass appeal. Heavy Rain will flop because it caters to a niche crowd, Team ICOs game will flop for the same reason. And even Sony's big exclusives are an epic fail. GOW 3 is a generic button masher and the demo didnt impress me at all and the graphics looked like GOW 2 HD. And GT5 is looking downgraded after seeing and playing the new demo. Plus the GT5 series as a whole is going downhill as Forza 3 has surpassed it and has risen the bar. And PD has had to push GT5 back in order to copy some of the features that Forza 3 has like damage and realistic physics (and GT5 still plays like a bumper car game). Judging by the new demo PD is failing miserably as they attempt to bring it up to par with Forza 3. And Forza 3 is sporting better looking graphics too especially in the environments. PD is a lazy developer and Turn 10 lit a fire under their ass. Turn 10 delivers games fast and delivers them right.

definitely a lot of PS3 exclusives are overated. I dont see what the big deal with Little Big Planet is and it amazes me that Killzone 2 managed to get 9.5 reviews. I played that at my friends house, who is a ps3 fanboy, and we both hated it. Killzone 2 did nothing new that a FPS has not done before.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:26 am

I agree. Killzone 2 was nothing more than your average shooter. And the dialogue and voice acting was horrible. It didnt bring anything new to the table at all. A very been there done that kind of a FPS.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 am

Master_Chief wrote:
I agree. Killzone 2 was nothing more than your average shooter. And the dialogue and voice acting was horrible. It didnt bring anything new to the table at all. A very been there done that kind of a FPS.

yeh, and PS3 fanboys say gears of war had no colour. Killzone 2 is just as barren as gears of war
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:34 am

ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

yeh, and PS3 fanboys say gears of war had no colour. Killzone 2 is just as barren as gears of war
At least Gears 2 had amazing textures and lighting. Killzone 2 not only had no color but it had alot of sorry looking textures.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:38 am

Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

At least Gears 2 had amazing textures and lighting. Killzone 2 not only had no color but it had alot of sorry looking textures.

sorry i should have made myself more clear. I was talking about gears 1. Even though i loved that game, i must admit it was very bland.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:39 am

ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

sorry i should have made myself more clear. I was talking about gears 1. Even though i loved that game, i must admit it was very bland.
Yeah I agree the first was one was very grey. lol
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:31 am

The only PS3 exclusives I feel I should that are truly amazing to me are Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Other than that the 60GB PS3 (best model) is the perfect PS2 for someone who loves PS2 games. Lol. But yeah I do not understand the point of Heavy Rain.
Back to top Go down
SeriousSam22
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Yeah well alot the PS3 exclusives are highly overrated and really arent that good. There are really only a few like Uncharted 2 that I would call good but most are disappointing. And alot of Sony's exclusives this gen dont have mass appeal. Heavy Rain will flop because it caters to a niche crowd, Team ICOs game will flop for the same reason. And even Sony's big exclusives are an epic fail. GOW 3 is a generic button masher and the demo didnt impress me at all and the graphics looked like GOW 2 HD. And GT5 is looking downgraded after seeing and playing the new demo. Plus the GT5 series as a whole is going downhill as Forza 3 has surpassed it and has risen the bar. And PD has had to push GT5 back in order to copy some of the features that Forza 3 has like damage and realistic physics (and GT5 still plays like a bumper car game). Judging by the new demo PD is failing miserably as they attempt to bring it up to par with Forza 3. And Forza 3 is sporting better looking graphics too especially in the environments. PD is a lazy developer and Turn 10 has lit a fire under their ass. Turn 10 delivers games fast and delivers them right.
but you don't think some of the 360 games are overrated as well, I know this is a xbox fan forum but come on and god of war is not a button masher its hack and slash with puzzles and platforming elements in them Ninety Nine Nights, and the dynasty warrior series are real button masher and I like the 360 games and all but there are 360 games that aren't that special either like halo (its fun and all but the single player is boring to me), Fable, left 4 dead (dead risen is better) banjo kazooie nuts and balls ( no where near as good as the previous ones) and could be a coin toss up for alan wake it might be great or dissapoint like alone in the dark the the new wolfenstien game. no offence master chief
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm

No offense taken. You have your opinion and I have mine.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:33 pm

SeriousSam22 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
but you don't think some of the 360 games are overrated as well, I know this is a xbox fan forum but come on and god of war is not a button masher its hack and slash with puzzles and platforming elements in them Ninety Nine Nights, and the dynasty warrior series are real button masher and I like the 360 games and all but there are 360 games that aren't that special either like halo (its fun and all but the single player is boring to me), Fable, left 4 dead (dead risen is better) banjo kazooie nuts and balls ( no where near as good as the previous ones) and could be a coin toss up for alan wake it might be great or dissapoint like alone in the dark the the new wolfenstien game. no offence master chief

Wow,god of war is the biggest button masher out there.But thats not a bad thing.Some people like button masher's
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
Cause they are poor
Lol they say we are poor because we could not afford a ps3, but I do believe we are the ones who actually bought a console and got games for it unlike most ps3 fanboys who dont buy their games.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 am

I trust gamestop for buying games just not trading them in. also Games that are old i dont trust getting from them.

I bought Cod Modern Warfare 1 for around 49.99 for used!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in JULY. the shit had sticky stuff on the top and scratched like a cat had a rampage on it! WTF
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Well, I have almost 20 Ps3 games unless I count PSN titles, Im not part of that demographic. One of my best friends has like 6 Blu Ray games and 7 PSN games though. For the record, I dont have a single BR movie and I've been a Ps3 owner since march 2007.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:42 pm

I see.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:12 pm

No way lol I buy most my games used. Most people I know buy them used. I don't think the disk scratching thing really makes much difference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next