This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Article

Go down 
+12
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Invincible
Freemon34'
Alan1994
Pickles
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
raspymanic1
Pein
TRF
Arbiteris
optimusprime
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Interesting

Them pumping their rescources into a new secret Xboxis very possible.Aanlysts have been saying they expect to see next gen consoles in the working maybe as early as a year or two.

Well,this is ANOTHER prime example why I tell people that they should wait and see before judge.Good things come to those who wait
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 pm

I don't buy into the "Microsoft is saving their stuff for E3" argument. When you've got Sony and Nintendo revealing exclusives left and right, it's a stupid idea to wait and let people get pissed at you.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:01 pm

i think microsoft will announce something else next year or the end of this year,i think it will be stupid even for them to release just 1 exclusive next year or maybe 2,the second one being codename kingdoms
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:10 pm

NobleSix wrote:
i think microsoft will announce something else next year or the end of this year,i think it will be stupid even for them to release just 1 exclusive next year or maybe 2,the second one being codename kingdoms
If Sony and Nintendo are announcing a ton of exclusives, why would Microsoft wait so long and let their userbase sweat it out if they had something up their sleeve all along? It just doesn't make sense . . .
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:20 pm

TRF wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
If Sony and Nintendo are announcing a ton of exclusives, why would Microsoft wait so long and let their userbase sweat it out if they had something up their sleeve all along? It just doesn't make sense . . .

sony doesnt have like 10 or more exclusives coming out next year,so far we know theres killzone 3 and infamous 2,but other than that we dont know still but yeah i get your point
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:12 pm

TRF wrote:
NobleSix wrote:

It does make sense.Keeping secrets and not revealing them left and right like sony does is good.Sony revealed everything except for twisted metal(which was suspected).Imagine if sony waited before announcing all their exclusives,it would of been 10 times better.That is what Nintendo did this E3,unveiled a big surprise of games that none of us knew.

MS right now is focusing on the holiday(as usual).After this holiday is over,it would be a prime time to unveil there 2011 stuff.This is why I tell you and everybody complaning about xbox's 2011 exclusive list to wait until 2011 before complaining.

People like surprises.Surprise=More hype.More hype=very good for whoever is trying to hype it.

Lets say that MS waited to next years e3(or some earlier gaming convention/conference) to unviel there 2011.By then their fanbase would be begging to hear of the exclusives,then next thing ya know,MS to the rescue and unveils there awesome 2011 list

And I know you are gonna debate with this because you hate MS and cant accept that they are smart Very Happy

Last edited by Arbiteris on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
NobleSix wrote:

It does make sense.Keeping secrets and not revealing them left and right like sony does is good.Sony revealed everything except for twisted metal(which was suspected).Imagine if sony waited before announcing all their exclusives,it would of been 10 times better.That is what Nintendo did this E3,unveiled a big surprise of games that none of us knew.

MS right now if focusing on the holiday(as usual).After this holiday is over,it would be a prime time to unveil there 2011 stuff.This is why I tell you and everybody complaning about xbox's 2011 exclusive list to wait until 2011 before complaining.

People like surprises.Surprise=More hype.More hype=very good for whoever is trying to hype it.

Lets say that MS waited to next years e3(or some earlier gaming convention/conference) to unviel there 2011.By then their fanbase would be begging to heard of the exclusives,then next thing ya know,MS to the rescue and unveils there awesome 2011 list

And I know you are gonna debate with this because you hate MS and cant accept that they are smart Very Happy

im with you on this one arbiteris, MS may piss alot of people off, but they're not stupid
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Who knows? Maybe Codename: Kingdoms is a launch title for the new Xbox?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Very good article. Totally agree with it.

Microsoft have given us soo little recently. It's been shocking and very disappointing but I guess that's only if I'm very cynical, it's possible they have something but to leave it so late and to throw it out in one go as opposed to spread it out and give us game after game like SOny and Nintendo is so stupid!

No wonder Peter Molyneux expects Fable III to sell so well, because it's one of the only friggin exclusives (yes I realise it's on pc too but it's first party), that Xbox has announced!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:23 pm

I don't want to see a new xbox anytime soon.

The only thing I could see them improving on is slightly better graphics.

I'm with the arbiter on this one.

It's most likely a surprise from Microsoft in terms of new games.

Like how Sony surprised everyone with Portal 2....and a new Twisted Metal game.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:54 pm

TRF wrote:
I don't buy into the "Microsoft is saving their stuff for E3" argument. When you've got Sony and Nintendo revealing exclusives left and right, it's a stupid idea to wait and let people get pissed at you.

That's always been Microsoft's strategy. More than half the games Sony announces don't usually even have a release dates. Most of Microsoft's games usually have release dates or an estimate of when it will be coming to the market.

But seriously though. Why do people keep acting like Sony has tons and tons of games coming out soon? The only 2 exclusives on the PS3 coming out this year left are LBP2 and GT5. Likewise Microsoft has Halo Reach and Fable 3.

Sony has more ANNOUNCED games coming in the future. Like Ratchet and Clank and Resistance 3, though we don't know shit about those games yet. It's like me getting excited about Codename Kingdoms even though it was just merely announced.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

But seriously though. Why do people keep acting like Sony has tons and tons of games coming out soon? The only 2 exclusives on the PS3 coming out this year left are LBP2 and GT5. Likewise Microsoft has Halo Reach and Fable 3.
The PS3 is also getting The Sly Collection, Final Fantasy XIV, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm, not to mention a huge lineup in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:24 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

The PS3 is also getting The Sly Collection, Final Fantasy XIV, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm, not to mention a huge lineup in 2011.

This year? FFXIV is coming this year?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

FFXIV is 2011 for PS3. The PS3 does get MOH: Frontlines remake, PJ shooter 2, and eyepet though.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Wait, sorry, I was mistaken about FFXIV. The PC version is coming out this year but the PS3 version isn't coming out until 2011. My bad. The other two games I mentioned still stand, though.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Freemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

FFXIV is 2011 for PS3. The PS3 does get MOH: Frontlines remake, PJ shooter 2, and eyepet though.

Yea and the X360 is getting Kinectimals and Kinect Sports as well. See what I did there?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:30 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Wait, sorry, I was mistaken about FFXIV. The PC version is coming out this year but the PS3 version isn't coming out until 2011. My bad. The other two games I mentioned still stand, though.

Oh alright.

"The Sly Collection" is just remastered PS2 games. I say "so what" to that. If Microsoft released Halo 1 and 2 remastered in HD to the X360 I doubt anyone other than massive Halo fans would actually care.

But still it's kind of sad that Reach and GT5 are overshadowing those games you mentioned, I completely forgot they even existed.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Freemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Hehehe by ps3 fanboys logic,FFXIV isnt an exclusive nor is MOH:Frontlines
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Freemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Yea and the X360 is getting Kinectimals and Kinect Sports as well. See what I did there?
Yeah, I agree with you (for once Razz). We shouldn't include casual games because anyone can really make shovelware.

Alan1994 wrote:

Oh alright.

"The Sly Collection" is just remastered PS2 games. I say "so what" to that. If Microsoft released Halo 1 and 2 remastered in HD to the X360 I doubt anyone other than massive Halo fans would actually care.

But still it's kind of sad that Reach and GT5 are overshadowing those games you mentioned, I completely forgot they even existed.
I was actually psyched for Razing Storm, but I thought it was a 2011 release, up until I found out like a week ago that it's a November 2010 release. I'm a sucker for on-rails shooters. The funny thing is, I'm more excited about Fable III than anything else, even though it's pretty much in the shadow of Reach as the defining 360 exclusive of 2010.

Arbiteris wrote:
Freemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Hehehe by ps3 fanboys logic,FFXIV isnt an exclusive nor is MOH:Frontlines
Where do fanboys come into play in any of this? Besides, by 360 fanboy's logic, Frontlines is an exclusive because even though it's a game from a previous gen, it's been altered. Razz

Last edited by TRF on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Freemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

lol. We don't see ppl making fun of eyepet or the ppl the ppl in Sportchampions, but we always see ppl making fun of skittles and avatars running in place. Smile
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:36 pm

@TRF Eyepet is actually fun. yea it is casual but its get A and AA reviews, and that was before the fiwed American version.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Freemon wrote:
@TRF Eyepet is actually fun. yea it is casual but its get A and AA reviews, and that was before the fiwed American version.

Your saying a game with a weird fake looking monkey is fun yet you critisize Kinectimals that actually have more animals to chose from...

lolz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 pm

TRF wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you (for once Razz). We shouldn't include casual games because anyone can really make shovelware.

I aim to disagree at all times. It keeps the forums interesting and active. So for that purpose I disagree that we agree.

TRF wrote:

I was actually psyched for Razing Storm, but I thought it was a 2011 release, up until I found out like a week ago that it's a November 2010 release. I'm a sucker for on-rails shooters. The funny thing is, I'm more excited about Fable III than anything else, even though it's pretty much in the shadow of Reach as the defining 360 exclusive of 2010.

As long as Peter Molyneux keeps his word, Fable 3 should be the best Fable game yet.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

I aim to disagree at all times. It keeps the forums interesting and active. So for that purpose I disagree that we agree.
Yeah, I enjoy the debates we have in practically every topic. You're pretty darn good at it.

Alan1994 wrote:

As long as Peter Molyneux keeps his word, Fable 3 should be the best Fable game yet.
He's been known to over-hype his games, so I figure that as long as I don't listen to a word he says, I should enjoy the game. Razz But yeah, I'm really pumped for Fable III.

Freemon wrote:
Do you honestly think the developers of Sports Champions spent a ton of time on the game? What about Kinect Adventures. Good shovelware is still shovelware, so I think it's best to not include it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Article   Good Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Article
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next