This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 To all halo haters on here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 36

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Meh, some people see its influence as a positive thing. But I for one hate regenerating health. Ill take medkits over it any day.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Meh, some people see its influence as a positive thing. But I for one hate regenerating health. Ill take medkits over it any day.

I feel the same, for the most part. Health packs add a little more challenge.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 36

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:11 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
Meh, some people see its influence as a positive thing. But I for one hate regenerating health. Ill take medkits over it any day.

I feel the same, for the most part. Health packs add a little more challenge.

It helps to stop camping too.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-07-14

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 am

tried getting into halo.

Couldn't, the story never stuck to me just like any other FPS.

Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 34
Location : Chernobyl NPP, Ukraine

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am

To all Halo haters on here.... Enjoy this.

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:05 am

Lmao gotta love yahtzee
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 pm

I'd love Halo if you just would unban me from the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 36

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:01 am

Let me show you my personal reason for disliking Halo.

I've been following Halo since 1998, back when it was supposed to be a PC(Mac) game.

This is what it COULD have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoktD1yWBk

Then Microsoft bought out bungie, and made them retool the game in order for them to have an FPS they could use to sell xboxes. Quality sells hardware. thats what Halo CE was.

So the game became an extremely casual generic shooter it can be for casuals. thats the beauty of halo with its diverse fanbase and accessability. but the heroic or higher difficulties are certainly not for casuals. with horrible level design excuse me? they are a nice mix of open world exploration and standard point A to point B that all fpss follow consistent of the same corridors repeating over and over again. kinda makes no sense for a building to change its archecture just because you feel like it. all buildings have a certain design to them.......its common sense.
Yet because this game was extremely hyped from the years before, the game took off like crazy despite being on the xbox, maybe even BECAUSE it was on the xbox. It ended up selling to a lot of people who previously didn't even care about games and expanding the user base is bad?, and only ended up buying Halo, Madden, and Call of Duty 4

It led the way for a series of dumbed down first person shooters which were aimed and marketed at the lowest common denominator of society actually many would say Halo improved future fpss where you choose your guns instead of carrying a fucking armory in your pocket lol , because the market for this was huge, FPS developers only ever poured their money into games for this market, and the oldschool style of FPS like Quake and UT were completely forgotten because looking back on them, the gameplay is dated and uses those old ideas that just dont cut it today.
Also

1. The gameplay is floaty an I feel like I'm under water or some shit.
2. Online is full of 12 year olds. 12 year olds cant teamwork? all popular games have kids on them. and you can mute people.........
3. The campaign Seems like it gets worse with each installment to the series. its a good thing its just a insignificant group of people who think that, being drowned out by the majority that see the quality
4. It made the element of regen health a standard for shooters. many see that as a good thing
5. Its extremely popular despite being an incredibly mediocre series ignoring the composed music, level design, replayability of the MP aspects aside.......AAA based on approx. 90 critics is bad to you? making fun of a AAA franchsie is a obvious sign that the person has no idea what to look for when trying to judge the quality of a game.

ITS LIKE THE TWILIGHT OF THE GAMING WORLD. wrong. halo is AAA quality. it merely has twilights level of popularity, which is good.........get the AAA out to as many people as possible.

I probably wouldn't be so hard on the franchise if it wasn't so overrated. being overrated is MSs doing, not the games fault. They want to hype up their top franchise......thats what businesses do. Good thing Halo is again, AAA quality. You cant technically overrate something thats rightfully quality material.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am

casual generic shooter?Oh cmon man, Halo was one the first shooters that did something different when it came out(along with timesplitters).Every FPS before Halo always worked the same, you get more weapons playing throguh the game.Then you will eventaully will have liek 20 weapons.halo changed that.Plus the game had an amazing campaign(I garentee you wont find much peopel saying otherwise).The story, splitscreen ect were all great.Halo CE didnt get a 97 average on metacritic fr being "mediorcre" liek your saying

Halo GREATLY influenced the gaming industry and has saved a console from a very early death.That is impressive and most games rarely do that.If Halo was mediocre, it wouldnt have accomplished this.I mean seriously, im confident everyone should understand that

Halo saved the xbox, not the other way around.Xbox 360 wouldnt have existed without Halo, and the original xbox would have died long ago.

Your saying Halo is mediorcre but you havnt said how it is.Your just saying its overhyped

Halo games are overhyped but that is the case with all AAA series.its not the games fault for not being perfect and "teh best game ever!" like us gamers hyped it to be.

twilight of the gaming world?You got to be kidding me......

I know its your oppinino and all and I respect that but really you just sound like a purist.If you just dont liek Halo thats fine, but calling it "the twilight of the gaming world" and "a mediorcre series" is taking it a bit far dont you think?I dont like GoW but I dont go saying its a mediocre series that is overhyped ect
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm

I wholeheartedly disagree with you, Akuma. While I do agree on some points (such as the campaigns getting worse each time, with the exception of Reach), I think that Bungie is the master of level design (in terms of multiplayer), and Halo has one of the most addictive multiplayers I've ever played. Sure, the story is mediocre at its best, but the campaigns are still fun (with the exception of ODST).

Don't blame Halo for games like Quake and UT being forgotten. Blame the people that forgot them.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:54 am

Akuma, there was so much ignorance in your statement that I couldn't possibly write a reply long enough to cover your stupidity.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Let me show you my personal reason for disliking Halo.

I've been following Halo since 1998, back when it was supposed to be a PC(Mac) game.

This is what it COULD have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoktD1yWBk

Then Microsoft bought out bungie, and made them retool the game in order for them to have an FPS they could use to sell xboxes.

So the game became an extremely casual generic shooter with horrible level design consistent of the same corridors repeating over and over again.
Yet because this game was extremely hyped from the years before, the game took off like crazy despite being on the xbox, maybe even BECAUSE it was on the xbox. It ended up selling to a lot of people who previously didn't even care about games, and only ended up buying Halo, Madden, and Call of Duty 4.

It led the way for a series of dumbed down first person shooters which were aimed and marketed at the lowest common denominator of society, because the market for this was huge, FPS developers only ever poured their money into games for this market, and the oldschool style of FPS like Quake and UT were completely forgotten.

Also

1. The gameplay is floaty an I feel like I'm under water or some shit.
2. Online is full of 12 year olds.
3. The campaign Seems like it gets worse with each installment to the series.
4. It made the element of regen health a standard for shooters.
5. Its extremely popular despite being an incredibly mediocre series

ITS LIKE THE TWILIGHT OF THE GAMING WORLD.

I probably wouldn't be so hard on the franchise if it wasn't so overrated.

You are an idiot. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
Let me show you my personal reason for disliking Halo.

I've been following Halo since 1998, back when it was supposed to be a PC(Mac) game.

This is what it COULD have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoktD1yWBk

Then Microsoft bought out bungie, and made them retool the game in order for them to have an FPS they could use to sell xboxes.

So the game became an extremely casual generic shooter with horrible level design consistent of the same corridors repeating over and over again.
Yet because this game was extremely hyped from the years before, the game took off like crazy despite being on the xbox, maybe even BECAUSE it was on the xbox. It ended up selling to a lot of people who previously didn't even care about games, and only ended up buying Halo, Madden, and Call of Duty 4.

It led the way for a series of dumbed down first person shooters which were aimed and marketed at the lowest common denominator of society, because the market for this was huge, FPS developers only ever poured their money into games for this market, and the oldschool style of FPS like Quake and UT were completely forgotten.

Also

1. The gameplay is floaty an I feel like I'm under water or some shit.
2. Online is full of 12 year olds.
3. The campaign Seems like it gets worse with each installment to the series.
4. It made the element of regen health a standard for shooters.
5. Its extremely popular despite being an incredibly mediocre series

ITS LIKE THE TWILIGHT OF THE GAMING WORLD.

I probably wouldn't be so hard on the franchise if it wasn't so overrated.

You are an idiot. That's all.
Its an opinion.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
Let me show you my personal reason for disliking Halo.

I've been following Halo since 1998, back when it was supposed to be a PC(Mac) game.

This is what it COULD have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoktD1yWBk

Then Microsoft bought out bungie, and made them retool the game in order for them to have an FPS they could use to sell xboxes.

So the game became an extremely casual generic shooter with horrible level design consistent of the same corridors repeating over and over again.
Yet because this game was extremely hyped from the years before, the game took off like crazy despite being on the xbox, maybe even BECAUSE it was on the xbox. It ended up selling to a lot of people who previously didn't even care about games, and only ended up buying Halo, Madden, and Call of Duty 4.

It led the way for a series of dumbed down first person shooters which were aimed and marketed at the lowest common denominator of society, because the market for this was huge, FPS developers only ever poured their money into games for this market, and the oldschool style of FPS like Quake and UT were completely forgotten.

Also

1. The gameplay is floaty an I feel like I'm under water or some shit.
2. Online is full of 12 year olds.
3. The campaign Seems like it gets worse with each installment to the series.
4. It made the element of regen health a standard for shooters.
5. Its extremely popular despite being an incredibly mediocre series

ITS LIKE THE TWILIGHT OF THE GAMING WORLD.

I probably wouldn't be so hard on the franchise if it wasn't so overrated.

You are an idiot. That's all.
Its an opinion.

There is a difference between having an opinion on something and just plain stupidity. To say that Halo's level design consists of the same old corridor is factually incorrect, and to say that Halo is made for the lowest common denominator of society is just plain stupidity. He is effectively calling the 12 million people who bought Halo 3 jobless criminals who thrive on the pain of others, because those are the real lowest common denominator of society.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 36

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:06 am

Trollface.jpg

Lowest common denominator being casuals. How can a bunch of 12 year olds be criminals.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 524
Join date : 2010-01-08

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Let me show you my personal reason for disliking Halo.

I've been following Halo since 1998, back when it was supposed to be a PC(Mac) game.

This is what it COULD have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoktD1yWBk

Then Microsoft bought out bungie, and made them retool the game in order for them to have an FPS they could use to sell xboxes.

So the game became an extremely casual generic shooter with horrible level design consistent of the same corridors repeating over and over again.
Yet because this game was extremely hyped from the years before, the game took off like crazy despite being on the xbox, maybe even BECAUSE it was on the xbox. It ended up selling to a lot of people who previously didn't even care about games, and only ended up buying Halo, Madden, and Call of Duty 4.

It led the way for a series of dumbed down first person shooters which were aimed and marketed at the lowest common denominator of society, because the market for this was huge, FPS developers only ever poured their money into games for this market, and the oldschool style of FPS like Quake and UT were completely forgotten.

Also

1. The gameplay is floaty an I feel like I'm under water or some shit.
2. Online is full of 12 year olds.
3. The campaign Seems like it gets worse with each installment to the series.
4. It made the element of regen health a standard for shooters.
5. Its extremely popular despite being an incredibly mediocre series

ITS LIKE THE TWILIGHT OF THE GAMING WORLD.

I probably wouldn't be so hard on the franchise if it wasn't so overrated.
Got some nice reasons for your dislike of Halo. Just want to clear some things out though.

I know Halo didn't really do anything new out of all the FPS games that were ever created, but compared to popular games or highly regarded, it's pretty much a breath of fresh air. And it's fun which is important for every game. I know the first game had repetitive levels, but no game is perfect. I could complain how bad the gunplay is in System Shock 2, how Half-Life needs to have more action, or how Serious Sam is repetitive. I wouldn't say Halo dumbed down first-person shooters in general. It basically just took it to a more realistic approach with its two weapon mechanics. The regen life basically makes the game more faster pace and it allows the player to enjoy the game a bit more-but that doesn't mean you can just go to a group of enemies and expect to take everything down. If you really think the Halo games are just for casual, try to play Halo 3, ODST, and Reach with all skulls on + no deaths=Not very easy.

Every serious first-person shooter fan will never forget games like CS, Quake, or UT when it comes to competitive FPS MP. Period.

The "also part":
1. Play Marathon. Marathon is the MAIN INFLUENCE of Halo and you'll know why.
2. Not true. I play a lot of Halo MP and there's a good amount of teens with adults too. And not every game I play have a 12 year old squeaking like an idiot.
3. Most people feel that way, and I can understand that.
4. Regen life is awesome and so is health/armor. Why can't we just get along? It really depends on how the game is made and if it's done properly, I don't see the point why everyone should complain about it.
5. Your opinion. Some people think Doom, Half-Life, UT, Quake, etc...are over overrated too and the list goes on and on. The main reason why Halo got big is because it perfected console shooters and the series is labeled to be one of the most competitive console games. I've played games like GE and PD, but the controls on the n64 just weren't that great. MOH on PSOne was alright, but Halo: CEs controls were just amazing. Not only that, the AI was very impressive for a console shooter. Seriously, the Covenant are so fast and lethal, you'd probably think you were playing a PC shooter or something because most console shooters didn't have very fast thinking and reactive AI. Last but not least, it's a fun game noneotherless.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Trollface.jpg

Lowest common denominator being casuals. How can a bunch of 12 year olds be criminals.

The lowest common denominator of society, like you mentioned in your first post, are the criminals in our society, not the casual gamers. Think about what you type before you post.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
Trollface.jpg

Lowest common denominator being casuals. How can a bunch of 12 year olds be criminals.

The lowest common denominator of society, like you mentioned in your first post, are the criminals in our society, not the casual gamers. Think about what you type before you post.
I think he means the lowest common denominator of gaming society.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 30
Location : Lawlalwaw

To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 am

arbeteris shouldnt you be mowing some lawns to save up money for reach?


just messin with yah lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all halo haters on here   To all halo haters on here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
To all halo haters on here
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» and you guys thought civic was nice....
» HALO 41.CTG DYNAMIC POWER

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: