This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard

Go down 
+6
II XShogunX II
Mr. Cole Drake
Ducky
Humantargetman
l SirDumpAlot l
DemonWolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard Empty
PostSubject: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Guess what,
RARE (Conkers bad fur day, Perfect Dark, etc) have announced that they will develop a First person shooter for....
dun dun dun...........

PROJECT NATAL!! Very Happy

Well it's not 100% set in stone but still, imagine that!!

http://www.criticalgamer.co.uk/2009/10/29/rare-to-develop-natal-fps/

And if Rare end up not doing it, we still have Konami (metal gear solid games) to do their magic and make a metal gear solid-style game for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
l SirDumpAlot l
Seaman Recruit
l SirDumpAlot l

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:02 pm

[quote="pspvampire"]Guess what,
RARE (Conkers bad fur day, Perfect Dark, etc) have announced that they will develop a First person shooter for....
dun dun dun...........

PROJECT NATAL!! Very Happy

Well it's not 100% set in stone but still, imagine that!!

http://www.criticalgamer.co.uk/2009/10/29/rare-to-develop-natal-fps/

And if Rare end up not doing it, we still have Konami (metal gear solid games) to do their magic and make a metal gear solid-style game for it.[/wow, but how will they do it i really cant see myself playing a fps with natal owell got to wait to see
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Interesting if true.
I just don't understand how you can make an FPS with Natal.
I guess I could see an on rails shooter, but I just can't think of a way they can do a standard run of the mill FPS, using the "no controller" control scheme.
EDIT: also I don't think this proves whoever doubted Natal is a retard. This is just a rumour. And even if it turns out to be true, I would still be skeptical on if they could pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Ducky
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm

right so im a retard for thinking how restricted gameplay wise natal actually is the most that game could ever become is a rail shooter and honestly knowing rares reputation these days they would sadly fuck it up like they did with banjo kazooie Sad
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:51 pm

lol still a lot of doubt.
Perhaps I can enlighten.

Ok, when you hear that there will be first person shooters on natal you probably automatically assume that you move as if you would if you were the character in the game but of course then what happens if you turn around? You wont be able to see the screen.
So consider this:
you motion your hand in a left or right movement to turn and an up and down movement to aim up or down. You move your legs to walk forward.
You make a different hand motion to shoot and you make a different hand motion to throw grenades and such.

Ok it sounds a little awkward but when it comes to shooting, you don't necessarily need to aim. How about making a hand motion just on the part of the screen where there is an opponent/enemy and that would automatically shoot that spot you targetted with your hand.
It doesn't sound perfect but the people who will be making games for it are talented people and I'm sure they'll manage something.

The worst case scenario would be that we only get games like House Of The Dead but even then, you can still see the fun in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 pm

I've thought about all the things you've listed.
And the controls you mention are beyond akward. They're pointless. There's no advatages to using Natal in that case. You might as well use a controller, because its much more precise.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 pm

A first person shooter on Natal seems like it would be hard to do without a trigger. I was thinking about this the other day and I'm guessing we'll have to push forward to get the gun to fire. Throwing grenades sounds like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 am

Actually Natal uses something alot like the tracking technology they use in modern fighter aircraft. It tracks your pupils and detect where you are looking on the screen. So you aim just by looking at something.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:32 pm

I think it's kind of funny how Sony ripped off the Wiimote and Microsoft ripped off the PSEye. I'm not a big fan of the Wii, but at least Nintendo comes up with original ideas of their own.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:49 am

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I think it's kind of funny how Sony ripped off the Wiimote and Microsoft ripped off the PSEye. I'm not a big fan of the Wii, but at least Nintendo comes up with original ideas of their own.

Sorry to correct you but Project Natal is NOT a rip off of the PSeye. Thats like saying Left 4 Dead copied Dead Rising, it's just not true.

If you want info on Natal, follow https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Project Natal Info wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Sorry to correct you but Project Natal is NOT a rip off of the PSeye. Thats like saying Left 4 Dead copied Dead Rising, it's just not true.

If you want info on Natal, follow https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands

I haven't played Natal yet (obviously) but the demo I saw Morgan Web do on xplay looked almost identical to the shit you play on EyeToy. I'm aware it's a far more advanced piece of technology. But so is Sony's motion wands compared to the Wii remote. Are those not considered a rip off as well?
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:57 pm

i want another conker game... but not in natal
and fps seems hard to develop but we'll see
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

MetalJin wrote:
In my opionion, Natal is going to fail in the couple of months after release.. The only games that is possible for Natal is mini games

Like the Wii failed?

Don't make me laugh. Natal is not for us hardcore gamers. Motion controls are for casual gamers and soccer moms, that goes for Wii and Sony's stupid wand thing too.

Natal is going to be a relaunch of Xbox with tons of marketing to convince Wii type of gamers to buy a new full body motion control game system. Little do they know that they are buying the best hardcore gaming machine available.

The only motion control that failed is Sony's Six Axis and I expect their silly wand to do the same. You have to buy two and you still have to buy a PSeye camera. Who's going to do that. Natal is a single unit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 pm

I think Sony's wands will work well with hardcore games. But having a high price tag and needing a PSeye could spell disaster. What Sony needs to do is package the PSeye, two wands, and a game together at an affordable price. I don't think most consumers will respond to anything less.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 pm

So im a retard because i have my doubts on a thing that is fairly new?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:27 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I think Sony's wands will work well with hardcore games. But having a high price tag and needing a PSeye could spell disaster. What Sony needs to do is package the PSeye, two wands, and a game together at an affordable price. I don't think most consumers will respond to anything less.

I doubt developers are going to make many games for it. You might see a few like RE5, but expect to see the same kind of stuff PSeye already has but with more motion control.

Motion controll just isn't for hardcore gamers. Natal isn't either. MS is planing to take over all those Wii casual with a new toy, Natal, and convert them into real gamers. They might never be hardcore, but MS wants them to NEED Natal and then find out the truth that Xbox 360 is the greatest gaming platform available.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard   Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard Empty

Back to top Go down

Whoever mocked or doubted Natal is a retard
Page 1 of 1