This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.

Go down 
+12
Spartacus
arnt god of war
lilcrossv2
spartan225
toxicavenger778
DemonWolf
shadowmonkey987
GeneralMLD
DeW
CryonicMaestro ZA
handkerchief
II XShogunX II
16 posters
AuthorMessage
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. Empty
PostSubject: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 am

MLD, I really appreciate what you are doing here and I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for all the hard work in geting this forum up and running. I just have a few issues that really bother me.

Let me try and make my thoughts more clear.

I was under the impression that this site was created for Xbox 360 users to discuss all things Xbox 360 without the interferance of PS3 users. Right now it seems like this forum as a whole is more like a "come one come all" type of thing because the rules pretty much state that Ps3 users are allowed here without issue. So far I have seen more "PS3 this, Ps3 that, Uncharted, Killzone etc" posts here than Xbox 360 centric posts. Is this not an Xbox 360 centric website? I dont think the 360 owners here want to be informed about how good of a system the Ps3 is and most definately dont want to run into a Ps3 topic every 4 posts.

The rules basically mean "ok well you can say anything you want about PS3 as long as you don't make your stealth trolling obvious enough to warrent a ban". I ask myself what the hell are Ps3 owners doing on this site? Why did they register? Why do they post Ps3 stuff? The answer is simple. To start arguments and troll people, nothing other than that. I thought this site would be a Ps3 free zone to have discussions with fellow 360 gamers, but from the looks of things Ps3 fans are being welcomed with open arms. Now people are subjected to these petty little arguments and disagreements all over the damn place. What is next, a PS3 sub-forum?

It is a good gesture to be lenient enough towards the Ps3 owners on here and allow them to state there opinion in a intellectual way, but those opinions always start arguments. I leave my PC on all day so I am online alot and I get complaints from users, real Xbox 360 users, about Ps3 guys interfering in their discussion. For instance DEW was casually talking to some guys about how excited he was for Halo ODST and then a Ps3 user came in and started a whole sale-war and back-and-forth bitching. But I am not allowed to ban him since he technically did not break any of the rules.

If you let Ps3 people in like this, then we might aswell refer to the site as Gametrailers.com. I am not trying to be a douche (I am anyway) I am just telling it like it is because Ps3 user do not belong on a 360 centric website at all, it defies the very reason this forum exists. Just ask yourself, why is a Ps3 owner posting here? Because they want to have a "discussion"? No, because they want to bring their opinions into a place where they should not be valued or even present. It will always end in a troll fest at the end of the day. If anybody here honestly thinks that a PS3 user is here to contribute to the site and be a productive member then they are blind. I don't care how nice or tactful the person is, the fact that they enlighten the Ps3 on a 360 forum says more than enough.

Sorry but this had to be said. I am just saying what I feel so you can do with that what you like and judge me accordingly, I will take it as it comes. You are the boss MLD, you can turn this forum into what you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 am

i agree i just think they are just going to start out little and then they will tell thier friends and they will tell thiers and so on and before you know it, it will become out of hand. my suspicious are that the PS3 fans that register on this site just want to create a heated argument and then bash about the site saying "you cant even have discussion about the PS3 and when you tell them the cons of the 360 they ban you". i just think its a trap but hey thats my opinion prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:39 am

matrixrory wrote:
i agree i just think they are just going to start out little and then they will tell thier friends and they will tell thiers and so on and before you know it, it will become out of hand. my suspicious are that the PS3 fans that register on this site just want to create a heated argument and then bash about the site saying "you cant even have discussion about the PS3 and when you tell them the cons of the 360 they ban you". i just think its a trap but hey thats my opinion prove me wrong.

But you are exactly right. They do exactly that. They will always pull that "I am not even allowed to give my opinion on the Ps3." But THIS IS A 360 FORUM, Ps3 opinions dont belong here in the first place, they just cause petty arguments that we Admins have to come fix the whole time.
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:50 am

I agree with you 100% mate. Lets not turn this website into another Cult-website for the Trey Brotherhood and PS3 Fanboys/Brownies alike.

PS3 Fanboys need to be identified and banned on site.
Back to top Go down
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:53 am

My friend shogun told me to join here yes we know each other very good and we both have been playing xbox for 3years . What i like about this site is its xbox and about xbox stuff. I don't want this to become a ps3 fansite! else i would go to ps3.com. So lets make this the best xbox360 site !!!
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:19 am

your right

this is a 360 forum. any talk about the ps3, even positive and healthy debates, is an invitation for flame wars.

sure they might say that were being dicks and limiting freedom of speech (lol), but ur right. I will keep this web site ps3 free.

expect a rules change soon regarding the ps3 fanboys
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
shadowmonkey987

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:09 pm

woot
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/shadowmonkey987/profile
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Wicked! I was concerned about ps3faggots completely ruining this site. Well I'm a mod so I guess I can ban these guys. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I agree we should keep it purely 360 fans only.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 am

I Agree
Back to top Go down
lilcrossv2

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Wait, you bash the PS3 and fans can't defend it? That's not fair. And what if we like all of the consoles? Should I just leave the site?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:08 pm

lilcrossv2 wrote:
Wait, you bash the PS3 and fans can't defend it? That's not fair. And what if we like all of the consoles? Should I just leave the site?
no we have a few members who like and appreciate the ps3 but we just like to keep topics xbox to be honest i dont think we bash it that much
Back to top Go down
lilcrossv2

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh M kay.
Back to top Go down
Spartacus
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Spartacus

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:29 am

I don't have anything against the PS3 in general, but since this is a forum for the Xbox 360, it would be good if they kept their talking outside of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Monashtry
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

I feel multi-console gamers should be allowed in here to post and discuss logically and with an open mind.

The forum is Pro 360 and it should remain that way, those who dislike that should Google for Pro PS3 forums and you'll notice them from a mile away because of their inability to string 2 sentences together as to why they hate Sony's competition, other than to say "me want brain".

At the same time I think we'll see 360 Vs PS3 comparison threads be it games, developer discussion and multi-platform game comparisons so we should remain logical which is a trait of the general 360 gamer, though there are exceptions from all walks, I still believe the most idiotic of zealots are the PS3 zealots.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:55 am

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
I agree we should keep it purely 360 fans only.
I totally agree. Once you start letting PS3 fans in here they will overrun this forum and ruin it. I've seen it happen before. So yeah, I say 360 fans only.
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:16 pm

I think we should make a rule that if you have "PS3" or "TREY" or "Xbox sucks" in your name, and post an anti-360 comment, should they be banned?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
I think we should make a rule that if you have "PS3" or "TREY" or "Xbox sucks" in your name, and post an anti-360 comment, should they be banned?
I ban every ps3 fanboy i see just a few mins ago one popped up
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
What was his name?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
What was his name?
ps3isbetter
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:23 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
What was his name?
ps3isbetter
That's the guy I reported! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.   My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site. Empty

Back to top Go down

My honest thoughts on the "rules" and site.
Page 1 of 1