This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why do games do this

Go down 
+2
Arbiteris
GiantRobot2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

Why do games do this Empty
PostSubject: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 pm

How come Fps games in the campaign they try to make it seem epic by giving you "backup" that doesnt do anything. I mean It bugs me, all the COD series and most other fps give you allies that can just shoot at an enemy for like an hour and all it does it mildly annoy them.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Ummm,i dont get what your saying.
Back to top Go down
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 pm

say ur playing Mw2 campaign and your at the first lvl. U will have AI on your team for a bit. They can shoot and shoot an enemy but it wont do a thing to the enemy
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 pm

They are there for dramatic purposes and sometimes storyline. Take CoD: WaW for example. There were a shitload of Russians soldiers when they stormed the Reich in WW2, so the developers must also put a shitload of Russian soldiers in the game.
Back to top Go down
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:12 pm

I suppose it does make it look nice but still i wish they wouldnt leave the work to you, i mean its not like one guy took down the nazis all by himself and just sat behind a rock for 3 secs if he got shot
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 pm

GiantRobot2 wrote:
I suppose it does make it look nice but still i wish they wouldnt leave the work to you, i mean its not like one guy took down the nazis all by himself and just sat behind a rock for 3 secs if he got shot

Yeah but still, it's either that OR...you have no allies and you're a one-man army (highly unrealistic) or you have allies that do all the work and you're barely even playing the game. How would you rather it were executed?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:25 pm

i suppose your right i guess this is just one of my pet peeves with games.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

rainbowsix allys kill enemies all the time
Back to top Go down
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Ya i remember that game. thats why i liked those games they give a tiny squad of non brain dead allies
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 am

Allies are worthless in COD:Finest Hour. Worst in the series. I had an ally(killable) and an enemy hit eachother with their rifle buts for about 5 minutes, then I went to the store for about an hour and they were still swinging at each other. I think the first casualty would have been my PS2 if I didn't turn it off. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do games do this   Why do games do this Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do games do this
Page 1 of 1