This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinect and Move prices compared

Go down 
+7
am203
arnt god of war
Mr. Project Natal
DarkSwarm85
Arbiteris
raspymanic1
ghost23
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Kinect and Move prices compared Empty
PostSubject: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 am

So when Sony announced that Move was going to retail at $49 for controller, $29 for sub controller and a bundle with game, controller and eyetoy for $99, it seemed a decent price right? Well no. Move at its full feature list, is actually more expensive than Kinect. Here's how:

You buy the base bundle which includes: Eyetoy and the Playstation Move controller for $100. Good, go have fun by yourself.
But for many of the games, such as SOCOM, it also requires a Navigation controller in order to control movement $100+$30=$130.
However, there are also games which require a second Move controller in order to track movement in both hands, the fighting game. So thats $100+$30+$50= $180 per player.

Now, as far I am aware, Kinect can support 2 players with one camera and the PS3 is limited to these 4 bluetooth connections so Move games have a maximum of 2 players. Now we do $180 x 2= $360 (oh the irony)

So in order to play every single Move game and experience it at its full feature set, it costs

(100+30+50) x 2= $360

Compare that with Kinect which supports 2 player multiplayer and needs no additional add on

$150 (Gamestop rumored price, subject to change)

While you are able to play Move by yourself at $99, you get much more bang for your buck buying Kinect for a full feature set at $150, and honestly, who plays motion control games by themselves?
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: playstation move is not cheaper than kinect   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 am

heres why :-

PLAYSTATION
1 eye toy = $30 + 4x move wands = 4x $50 = $200 + 4x move navigations = 4x $30 = $120
= $350

XBOX 360
1 kinect = $150 posisbilty and you only need 1 for the whole family
= $150
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 am

lol ghost i just did the same article in console war
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:34 am

raspymanic1 wrote:
lol ghost i just did the same article in console war

lol. I did it 2 minutes before you so I'll merge yours into mine.
Oh and i think you did your calculation wrong, it ends up to $360
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:51 am

Yea.

Overall,Natal is so much cheaper.Not to mention Natal can do a helluva lot more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:10 pm

You wouldnt multiply the whole 180 x 2. Cause that would give you another Eye, which you wouldnt need. It still, in theory, would be more expensive but just less than you said.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
You wouldnt multiply the whole 180 x 2. Cause that would give you another Eye, which you wouldnt need. It still, in theory, would be more expensive but just less than you said.

You are right. Even if you take off $30 for the Eyetoy, its still more expensive than Kinect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

You are right. Even if you take off $30 for the Eyetoy, its still more expensive than Kinect.

Yup. Just less expensive, but not by much still Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I own 2 Dual Shock 3 controllers and 2 360 controllers, so Kinect and Move can piss off!

I have enough controllers as is.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow heres a job for us as the Xbox Republic. Make this known. See, I started already: This is on the dumb ass video posted by one of our "loyal" members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxpbIEojbSg

Apparently Sony doesn't "pay the people in their commercials" to talk good about them and what they say isn't "acting." Kinect is a lot of money? Do some fucking math because if it costs less than $360 dollars to get your full experience, (price of Move averaged if you get everything) than I say its a lot better than move (Price estimate for kinect is $150 on gamestop but multiple articles say $50 and $80. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:49 pm

kinect isnt officially priced yet so...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:03 am

arnt god of war wrote:

I know that. But there is no way that Kinect will be more than $330.
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm

thats if you want EVERYTHING move has to offer also kinect's games are at a full $60 what casual would pay $60 to play with skittles the tiger (that poor little girl she has no clue whats happening to her all over the web) Besides almost all move games are optional with one or two controllers so you don't have pay the another $50. Kinect has alot of potiental but IMHO I don't see anything coming out for it (hardcore wise)
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:49 pm

ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

I know that. But there is no way that Kinect will be more than $330.

dude I advise not to buy Kinect Microsoft is going to make Kinect cheaper here in the US but you guys in Australia are going to suffer with that price tag
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:19 pm

am203 wrote:
thats if you want EVERYTHING move has to offer also kinect's games are at a full $60 what casual would pay $60 to play with skittles the tiger (that poor little girl she has no clue whats happening to her all over the web) Besides almost all move games are optional with one or two controllers so you don't have pay the another $50. Kinect has alot of potiental but IMHO I don't see anything coming out for it (hardcore wise)
your back? i could of sworn you got banned for being a troll awhile ago...
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:16 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

I never got banned because I was never a troll, just to let you all know that Im a multiconsole owner and the ps3 and 360 are equal in my eyes
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 pm

am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

I never got banned because I was never a troll, just to let you all know that Im a multiconsole owner and the ps3 and 360 are equal in my eyes
just so you know thats what they all say Laughing
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 am

arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

believe dude Im not a retarted no life ps3 fanboy I love the ps3 and 360 equally and they both have there pros and cons (bluray, better controller) Im not a troll and give my honest opinion on the argument on hand
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 pm

I was just watching GTTV and saw a interview of Don Mattrick from Microsoft

And he said the the price will surprise people. So I think the $150 pricepoint is lower... Maybe even really low like 50-100$ but probably 75$ for the Kinect....

Maybe even a pricepoint of 50$ without any games....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:20 pm

am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

believe dude Im not a retarted no life ps3 fanboy I love the ps3 and 360 equally and they both have there pros and cons (bluray, better controller) Im not a troll and give my honest opinion on the argument on hand

Umm,sorry to break it to you but 360 controller is way better for most people in the world.

Every troll who has come on here has said what you said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:55 pm

HellJumper wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

Umm,sorry to break it to you but 360 controller is way better for most people in the world.

Controller is preference. I also like the PS3 controller better.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:19 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

It is preference,but for most people the controller is too small for their hands(including me).This is a huge con to the controller.Plus not to mention it has horrible triggers(not even sure if they could even be consdered triggers)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:29 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
am203 wrote:

It is preference,but for most people the controller is too small for their hands(including me).This is a huge con to the controller.Plus not to mention it has horrible triggers(not even sure if they could even be consdered triggers)

Agreed about the triggers, without this attachment I got on mine that makes the triggers convex, not concave, they would be horrible (and it only cost me 5 bucks). But I dont think its too small, I mean I am 6'1" so I dont got small hands and it isnt too small for me.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I was just watching GTTV and saw a interview of Don Mattrick from Microsoft

And he said the the price will surprise people. So I think the $150 pricepoint is lower... Maybe even really low like 50-100$ but probably 75$ for the Kinect....

Maybe even a pricepoint of 50$ without any games....
hehe i was watching it too i enjoyed the bashing
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:15 pm

why r u getting 4 wands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect and Move prices compared   Kinect and Move prices compared Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinect and Move prices compared
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next