This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?

Go down 
+9
Diplo
TRF
daveMastaKill
Pein
MacReady
Arbiteris
Stoney
NarrowElf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Will you get Halo: Reach.
EVENTUALLY.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Yes, the Standard Edition.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Yes, the Special Edition.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, the Legendary Edition.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Yes, I'll be renting it.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, no more money.
 0% [ 0 ]
No, not interested.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
No, I'm a PS3 fanboy.
No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
No, I'm getting Dead Rising 2.
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?   No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
So that's what I'm getting at. The reason why Halo is so great is simple. There isn't a big enough reason in the franchise to hate it. There are those that love it, those that like it, and then those that wouldn't mind playing it. The series hasn't been milked to death like Call of Duty, each Halo game gives a fair amount of content for the money you pay (yes TRF Razz, even Halo ODST has a fair package when you consider the Halo Mythic disc). The gameplay is fairly rich and unique compared to other FPS's. Etc.
I'll admit that ODST is good as a gateway into the series because of the multiplayer. Although someone who gets into the Halo series via ODST may think that all of the campaigns are as bad as ODST's and never try them.

I never complained about the value of the game. I just complain about how fucking terrible it is.

Its not a terrible game, we are all entitled to an opinion, but it was a good game. I still dont see how you think it was terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?   No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
So that's what I'm getting at. The reason why Halo is so great is simple. There isn't a big enough reason in the franchise to hate it. There are those that love it, those that like it, and then those that wouldn't mind playing it. The series hasn't been milked to death like Call of Duty, each Halo game gives a fair amount of content for the money you pay (yes TRF Razz, even Halo ODST has a fair package when you consider the Halo Mythic disc). The gameplay is fairly rich and unique compared to other FPS's. Etc.
I'll admit that ODST is good as a gateway into the series because of the multiplayer. Although someone who gets into the Halo series via ODST may think that all of the campaigns are as bad as ODST's and never try them.

I never complained about the value of the game. I just complain about how fucking terrible it is.

You thought ODST's campaign was bad? I thought it was alright. Definantely better than Halo 3's. I thought the new gameplay elements were refreshing and the general storytelling was great. The ending sucked though.

Agreed. It killed Halo 3 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?   No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:06 pm

TRF wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
What makes Halo great as a whole is that it raises the bar for console gaming. It has amazing controls, and the game itself is no "simplified version" of PC FPSes. Back in the days, Medal of Honor for the PSX was considered good AI, but in PC standards, it's crap. But for Halo's AI it's beyond amazing for console standards, and PC standards, it's still probably or is better than some of those PC shooters that were out for its time.

Campaign was amazing. Probably the best 10 levels I've ever played in a campaign (Halo: combat Evolved), and it just had so many set pieces that were memorable and the gunplay was just top-notch. The other Halo campaign games are great too, but nothing compared to the first game. Some people say Halo was the first with the regen shield, while some may disagree, if Halo didn't invent the things that it's known for, atleast it perfected those features and it gives more developers confidence to try them out instead of relying on health/armor + multiple weapons settings.

Ask any MLG multiplayer fanatic, and they will say is the Halo games are made for being competitive multiplayer. I'm no multiplayer expert, but I guess it's just Bungie has a lot of knowledge of creating a good multiplayer experience.
The AI in the original Halo was good for its time, but the later games have had atrocious AI.
Really? I feel like it's the same, or maybe quite better.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?   No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

You thought ODST's campaign was bad? I thought it was alright. Definantely better than Halo 3's. I thought the new gameplay elements were refreshing and the general storytelling was great. The ending sucked though.
I thought Halo 3's campaign was somewhat boring as well, but it picked up towards the end, then totally hit rock bottom with Cortana, then redeemed itself with a pretty good last level. ODST I found boring all the way through, especially the free-roam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?   No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Bad Comments but, what makes Halo Great?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3