This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo 3 Review

Go down 
+7
Pein
Stoney
Stigma
Noelol
Arbiteris
TRF
NarrowElf
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 pm

2007 saw the relase of many great games. BioShock, a game built on story, visuals, and atmosphere. Uncharted a game that was entertaining and resembled a movie. CoD4 a revolution in Multi-Player. Mass Effect, an RPG that while boring does get really good. Halo 3 wanted to be everything but what we got was an overrated, generic FPS.

Graphics-9

The graphics are good for the most part but even for 2007 they aren't great. Nothing is special about the look and just looks like a smoother looking version of Halo 1.

Stroy-5

It's a generic story. It's okay, it has SOME epic moments but all that aside it's predictable and clete and for a story has nothing going on it. It's one of those dumb action movie plots Humans vs. Aliens and in the last hour they bring up something half-way interesting. Also the political stuff really didn't make sence, why do the covenant think they're doing the right thing, NO CLUE!!!

Sound-7

The music is good but there's only like 3 tracks or such and while they are top nothch, the songs do reach points of repetition. The sound design is also good but very silent, not much goes on and in some battles the lack of good sound makes everything feel empty and I don't understand why there isn't any music in multi-player.

Gameplay-6

It's an FPS. The campaign is go here, shoot this, and do that. Boring but yet somewhat fun. It really shows the use of all the weapons but yet it feels multi-player sucks. The campaign is half-way decent but multi-player is just machine gun, grenade, and melee combos. Maybe even a gatling gun to spice up the action. Players rarely do anything else and the bland feeling maps and lack of music don't really help excite me. Theere's a Forge Map Maker but it barely works and it's basically just pasting and deleting objects.

Overall-6

Everything in Halo 3 is either generic, unoriginal, uninspiring, or half-assed. The game IS fun but it's not going to stand out over ssome of the other games released in 2007.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

You take all of these great features in the game and downplay them. Forge is more than just "pasting and deleting objects". There's also a Custom Games mode that you neglect to mention. Forge is only a piece of the puzzle. The rest comes from Custom Games. When you put them together, you get tons of replayability.

As for the music and levels, I think Martin O'Donnell does a great job with the soundtrack and Halo has one of my favorite soundtracks of any game series. I also think Bungie is top of their class when it comes to multiplayer level design, and campaign level design is pretty decent (although I've seen better).
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 pm

TRF wrote:
You take all of these great features in the game and downplay them. Forge is more than just "pasting and deleting objects". There's also a Custom Games mode that you neglect to mention. Forge is only a piece of the puzzle. The rest comes from Custom Games. When you put them together, you get tons of replayability.

As for the music and levels, I think Martin O'Donnell does a great job with the soundtrack and Halo has one of my favorite soundtracks of any game series. I also think Bungie is top of their class when it comes to multiplayer level design, and campaign level design is pretty decent (although I've seen better).

First off I never said the music wasn't good it's just there's only like 4 tracks. Also Custom games is not worth mentioning, OH so you can make a rocket launcher death match GOOD FOR YOU!!! Also Forge is dull and slapped on. Also Multi=player is bad an a lazy excuse for replay value what happened to actual content.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 pm

You sound like a major COD fanboy dude.....
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:

First off I never said the music wasn't good it's just there's only like 4 tracks. Also Custom games is not worth mentioning, OH so you can make a rocket launcher death match GOOD FOR YOU!!! Also Forge is dull and slapped on. Also Multi=player is bad an a lazy excuse for replay value what happened to actual content.
Now you're describing Custom Games by itself. Custom Games + Forge = pure glee. Custom Games alone is only decent fun, and Forge alon is only decent fun. Also, how is the multiplayer a lazy excuse for replay value? Halo is known for its multiplayer. It's not tacked on multiplayer. The multiplayer is the bulk of the package, and it offers a lot of content in the form of tons of maps and gametypes in Matchmaking, as well as unique gametypes released every week, plus Forge, Custom Games, and Theater.

I bought Halo 3 in 2008 when I got my 360 and I still play it to this day.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:

Now you're describing Custom Games by itself. Custom Games + Forge = pure glee. Custom Games alone is only decent fun, and Forge alon is only decent fun. Also, how is the multiplayer a lazy excuse for replay value? Halo is known for its multiplayer. It's not tacked on multiplayer. The multiplayer is the bulk of the package, and it offers a lot of content in the form of tons of maps and gametypes in Matchmaking, as well as unique gametypes released every week, plus Forge, Custom Games, and Theater.

I bought Halo 3 in 2008 when I got my 360 and I still play it to this day.

It's lazy because all in all Halo 3 ACTUALLY HAS NO GOOD REPLAY CONTENT!!! Also, forge is still bad to use and custom games are poor. Come on all I see are rocket launcher death matches.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Dude seriously,you sound like a COD fanboy blindly bashing on Halo.because its pretty damn obvious right now your blindly bashing on Halo.If your gonna bash halo,do it right.Your doing a pathetic job.You might as well yell "Halo sux!!!!!C0d is bettar!!and deAd rIsiNg!!!11!!"
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Dude seriously,you sound like a COD fanboy blindly bashing on Halo.because its pretty damn obvious right now your blindly bashing on Halo.If your gonna bash halo,do it right.Your doing a pathetic job.You might as well yell "Halo sux!!!!!C0d is bettar!!and deAd rIsiNg!!!11!!"

All FPSes fail. They suck hard. Stop talking about Dead Rising and Halo is lik every other FPS now stop being a fanboy please.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

All FPSes fail. They suck hard. Stop talking about Dead Rising and Halo is lik every other FPS now stop being a fanboy please.
Halo is a fairly unique FPS in terms of gameplay. I haven't played anything like it. It's kind of like a slower version of Unreal.

Last edited by TRF on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Is anyone else here besides me facepalming?
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Halo is a fairly unique FPS in terms of gameplay. I haven't played anything like it.

Please tell me you are kidding. It's generic. What you can jump high. Seriously you have you basic weapons, aiming, and grenades. Maps are decent. ...WHAT IS THERE THAT IS FUN!!! COntent is only 10 hours with the forge sprinkles and Multi-Player is slapped on.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:52 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Halo is a fairly unique FPS in terms of gameplay. I haven't played anything like it.

Please tell me you are kidding. It's generic. What you can jump high. Seriously you have you basic weapons, aiming, and grenades. Maps are decent. ...WHAT IS THERE THAT IS FUN!!! COntent is only 10 hours with the forge sprinkles and Multi-Player is slapped on.
You may not realize it, but minor things like jumping high really do change up the gameplay. While most shooters use realistic terrain for maps, Halo uses arena-like maps. Like I said, it's a slower version of Unreal.

Name one game (other than Unreal, which is still pretty different) that is exactly like Halo and I will concede to you.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You may not realize it, but minor things like jumping high really do change up the gameplay. While most shooters use realistic terrain for maps, Halo uses arena-like maps. Like I said, it's a slower version of Unreal.

Name one game (other than Unreal, which is still pretty different) that is exactly like Halo and I will concede to you.

It's not that what you call DIFFERENCE I call BLAND gameplay. It's bland. There is nothing. Most matches are just people running around with machine guns whacking each other. Also Zero Punctuation's review on Halo 3 is basically my thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:58 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

It's not that what you call DIFFERENCE I call BLAND gameplay. It's bland. There is nothing. Most matches are just people running around with machine guns whacking each other. Also Zero Punctuation's review on Halo 3 is basically my thoughts on it.
Running around with machines guns is the standard for first-person shooters! That's like saying all you do in Super Street Fighter IV is punch and kick and all you do in Starcraft II is direct units around the level.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Running around with machines guns is the standard for first-person shooters! That's like saying all you do in Super Street Fighter IV is punch and kick and all you do in Starcraft II is direct units around the level.

But in Halo it is bland.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.
Then that means it's bland in every shooter. Every shooter has machine guns.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

No but Vanquish is more tight. It has stuff that really makes it stand out besides jumping. I mean the gameplay in Vanquish and Gears feels tight whole Halo feels loose and there for bland.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

No but Vanquish is more tight. It has stuff that really makes it stand out besides jumping. I mean the gameplay in Vanquish and Gears feels tight whole Halo feels loose and there for bland.
That's because Gears of War and Vanquish are third-person shooters. They feel tighter because they have cover systems.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

That's because Gears of War and Vanquish are third-person shooters. They feel tighter because they have cover systems.

Fine, why does Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and the rest of those shiz FPSes feel tighter than Halo.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:19 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

Fine, why does Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and the rest of those shiz FPSes feel tighter than Halo.
Because you're not playing as a super soldier. In Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, you're grounded and stuck to the limits of a normal human being. With Halo, you can jump higher and whatnot, and have less limits. See, I told you jumping higher changed the game.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

Because you're not playing as a super soldier. In Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, you're grounded and stuck to the limits of a normal human being. With Halo, you can jump higher and whatnot, and have less limits. See, I told you jumping higher changed the game.

I don't know when I play a game of Halo 3 it always seems like we're trying to grab each others asses because all everyone does is shoot their machine gun blindly and go in for a 50/50 melee killa dn that's it. Nobody uses a shot gun, rocket launcher, hammer. Maybe an energy sword or gatling gun.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

I don't know when I play a game of Halo 3 it always seems like we're trying to grab each others asses because all everyone does is shoot their machine gun blindly and go in for a 50/50 melee killa dn that's it. Nobody uses a shot gun, rocket launcher, hammer. Maybe an energy sword or gatling gun.
It depends on the map you're playing on. The weapon selection is different depending on the map you're on. Yeah, you do see people running at each other, spraying bullets until they get close enough to melee, but if you look at other gametypes on a wider variety of maps, you'll see that that's not all that people do. Every game has an overused tactic, and Halo is no exception, but I think the fact that it has very few overused tactics speaks to its strengths.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

It depends on the map you're playing on. The weapon selection is different depending on the map you're on. Yeah, you do see people running at each other, spraying bullets until they get close enough to melee, but if you look at other gametypes on a wider variety of maps, you'll see that that's not all that people do. Every game has an overused tactic, and Halo is no exception, but I think the fact that it has very few overused tactics speaks to its strengths.

I'm sorry but that is the case for every mode and map.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I like the "Stroy" Part. Stroy makes up the story... lol!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.

I'm sorry but that is the case for every mode and map.
Then you clearly haven't played the game enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo 3 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo 3 Review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next