This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?

Go down 
+12
JubJub5721
toxicavenger778
360WNED
Stoney
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
dreadraptor85
im-360...xbox360
AgentA-Mi6
16 posters
AuthorMessage
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? Empty
PostSubject: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:51 am

In order to play Uncharted 2, White Knight, Yakuza, God of War, Gran Turismo, Killzone and all the other fuckload of exclusives that will never be released anywhere else, I am sure as hell I would much appreciate if anyone bought me a 360 so i could play forza motorsport and gears of war, I dont have much time for multiple systems since i got into college though scratch Sad
Thera are other games I'd want to try as well, PGR and Maybe LO if I had a large vacation, I heard that one is long.
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:31 am

i would accept a ps3 anytime..
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:40 am

Actually I kind of want a PSP GO.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 am

I have a PS3 already and for the most part I'm not too impressed with it except for maybe 3 games. And the multiplatform games are almost always inferior on it. Its an awesome bluray player though.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 am

I had all systems, i sold my wii to my cousin..

But yes I would accept a PS3 as a gift. But thats no reason to think its better then the 360.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:22 am

Obviously, anyone would accept it but I don't think I would play it as much as my 360 tbh. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Sure why not? If its free bring it i say
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I would accept it.Its FREE.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 pm

What a stupid question....I think the majority of us on here have a PS3...its just we prefer out 360........oh yeah I just saw Yakuza 3 was given a European release date! It looks brilliant, but does anyone know if it plays good?.....Reminds me a bit of Shenmue!!! I love that game!..."Do you know where I can find some sailors?" ....Most homoerotic quote of all time! LOL
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:43 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
What a stupid question....I think the majority of us on here have a PS3...its just we prefer out 360........oh yeah I just saw Yakuza 3 was given a European release date! It looks brilliant, but does anyone know if it plays good?.....Reminds me a bit of Shenmue!!! I love that game!..."Do you know where I can find some sailors?" ....Most homoerotic quote of all time! LOL

I have a Love\Hate "relashionship" with Yakuza. First because althought the game is withouth a question really good (i really liked the first and second on the PS2), it does not reach the overall quality of Shenmue. Second the money that SEGA is spending on Yakuza series (4 titles and 1 spin-off by now if i'm not mistaken) could be spend on the final chapter of Shenmue, Shenmue III. But that's just me...
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
I have a PS3 already and for the most part I'm not too impressed with it except for maybe 3 games. And the multiplatform games are almost always inferior on it. Its an awesome bluray player though.
QFT... except for the Blu-ray part. BR is not the future.... DVD's will be a thing of the past... as a matter of fact they kind of already are... DLC is the future. Hard copies of movies don't even move as many units as they used to & like I said a million times if you pay 30 bucks for a movie you only payed 10 to see in theaters just because it's on blu-ray you are a damn fool!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:46 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
QFT... except for the Blu-ray part. BR is not the future.... DVD's will be a thing of the past... as a matter of fact they kind of already are... DLC is the future. Hard copies of movies don't even move as many units as they used to & like I said a million times if you pay 30 bucks for a movie you only payed 10 to see in theaters just because it's on blu-ray you are a damn fool!

I disagree,I dont think DLC will be the future.There are still thousands of people liking to actually own the disc itself.Just like video games.How would you get limited edition movies and games if its DLC?
Back to top Go down
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
MICHAEL wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

I disagree,I dont think DLC will be the future.There are still thousands of people liking to actually own the disc itself.Just like video games.How would you get limited edition movies and games if its DLC?
What do you get with limited editions? Half the time just a bunch of bullshit. There could be limited edition DLC... Just like you can buy limited edition CD's with bonus tracks. When I said that I really meant for movies, if you look at it more people use net-flicks then they actually buy the movies. DLC sales in the millions "MOVIE WISE". SO who cares about blu-ray when you can watch an HD quality movie form your system without getting up to change it. No to mention games on demand is a quick & easy way to but a game without having to leave your house or wait for it in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MICHAEL wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

What do you get with limited editions? Half the time just a bunch of bullshit. There could be limited edition DLC... Just like you can buy limited edition CD's with bonus tracks. When I said that I really meant for movies, if you look at it more people use net-flicks then they actually buy the movies. DLC sales in the millions "MOVIE WISE". SO who cares about blu-ray when you can watch an HD quality movie form your system without getting up to change it. No to mention games on demand is a quick & easy way to but a game without having to leave your house or wait for it in the mail.

Ever hear of collectors?yes,there are many of them.Inlucing me.Saying that everything in the LE is BS.I loved the Halo style xbox.And the odst controller.Those were both from LE.Even the Halo wars LE was awesome.It came with a LIMITED comic that give alot more backstory to the game.Movies are just like games.There are collecters after LE movies too.Just look at LOTR.

Besides,if you download a movie to your dvd player(Or whatever plays your movie),if that dvd player or xbox breaks down.you down "own" that movie or game.Even though you already payed for it.Doesnt seem very convienent.I personally dont have a problem getting off my ass and going to the store to buy something.

Not to mention people who DONT have internet connection
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Already have a PS3.If someone was offering me a another for free obviously id take it .I mean its free
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
JubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm

youd be a fanboy not to except it
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:38 pm

JubJub5721 wrote:
youd be a fanboy not to except it

Umm,99% of people here are fanboys
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Oh yeah I'd accept it. Who wouldn't take a free PS3? Although I'd sell it to by more Xbox 360 games or maybe a Wii so I can play some good old fashioned Nintendo games. What's that? You say Nintendo forces you to play Mario and Metroid with a motion controler shaped like a remote control with a deformed egg tied to it? More Xbox 360 games it is then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am

I would....but I'd only play it for God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Uncharted 2. That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 am

um...why not? I already have one, but it's free and i could sell it to someone to have a little extra money, or put it in another room actually so in the unlikely occurance that someone is watching a movie on it and i want to play it i don't have to wait because then i'd have 2.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 am

yeah i would accept it and the good thing is if you dont like it you can sell for a profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?   Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you guys accept a Ps3 as gift for christmas?
Page 1 of 1