This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need Help In Console Argument.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Need Help In Console Argument. Empty
PostSubject: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm sort of new to the console war and I'm having trouble arguing with this guy(again I'm a newbie) What should I say?

He said:
"You still have not made a clear point. You wanted to talk exclusive, after it was proven wrong. you jumped on the multi-platform point.

The link you posted above also reinforces what I had mentioned before. PS3 only has 33% of the total games in the lowest score category while 360 has 67%, PS3 is about 44% in all other score categories. If you only focus on exclusives (which define the consoles capabilities btw), you will see what I tried to say.
"

I said:
"I think I made my point. I said there were more games on the 360 than the ps3. Metacritic proves me right that there more AAA and AA games on the 360. When I was mentioning exclusives I was saying that 360 exclusives come out earlier than ps3 exclusives.

Also 33 + 44 doesn't equal 100. "

He said:
"You still have not made a point. Uncharted 1 2007, Uncharted 2 2009. 2 year difference. MGS4 2008, LBP 2008, Resistance 2006?, Resistance 2008 etc. I also read Halo reach has been in development since Halo 3 ended, Alan Wake has also been in development since 4+ years. What else now? Most 360 are made quickly resulting in poor reviews. This whole point of "ps3 games take long" is ridicoulous to discuss though. That's like saying PS3 gets few games 1 year and next year is no games, while X360 gets games every year?

As for metacritic you mentioned, X360 gets 67% of trash/ok games while PS3 gets less trash/ok games. That tells you something. X360 came 1 whole year before PS3 and only has 7 more AAA quality games, less than half being exclusive. Quality>Quantity, common sense because no one would like to buy a product which is not satisfying.

Where are you even brining in 33+44=100% from? Read carefully, "PS3 only has 33% of the total games in the lowest score category while 360 has 67%, PS3 is about 44% in all other score categories.". Coming out 1 whole year after and still managing to out perform all current exclusive X360 games is outstanding. From the site you provided, PS3 exclusive gets #2(Uncharted 2) and X360 exclusive #4(Gears 1) in their own section. Everyone knows it is an exclusive game which shows the consoles capability. Multi-platform games all depend on how the developer spread the resoucres.

Last repeat,
X360 has more games because it came 1 year before Wii and PS3. Not hard to understand. When you compare the year-over-year change, PS3 beats X360.

Not denying it has more games, but it also has the most trash games.

Edit: Forgot to mention 1 more thing: X360 has 3.25% of AAA quality games and PS3 has 4.05% AAA quality games. Got it from the same site.
"

Suggestions? Comebacks? I need help people!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Anybody? Help plz.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Hm... tell the dude it does not matter about the one year, they needed to release in order for their to be the right competition this generation. So the 360 launched in one year, that is a good thing because we get more A, AA, and AAA games this gen because of this. So we still win regardless. We also get the better online, as well as more amazing games in general, XBLA or retail. We also get more games based on the fact that we usually get multiplats not on PS3. The PS3 guys might get better quality games, but we get more great games overall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Maybe I should add something on him only focusing on the single-A games.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 am

UPDATE:

He said he's going to stop before it turns into a potential flamewar. This means one thing:

Need Help In Console Argument. Success_baby1
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:33 am

Kendo wrote:
Hm... tell the dude it does not matter about the one year, they needed to release in order for their to be the right competition this generation. So the 360 launched in one year, that is a good thing because we get more A, AA, and AAA games this gen because of this. So we still win regardless. We also get the better online, as well as more amazing games in general, XBLA or retail. We also get more games based on the fact that we usually get multiplats not on PS3. The PS3 guys might get better quality games, but we get more great games overall.
Yup you pretty much said it all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

my advice is to respect them but own them this will result in the butthurt fanboy saying omg it is impossible to argue with Xbots :O (i have other things to do!!11)<-(is an optinal thing they say)

and on comebacks i dont have any tips just keeping calm will mostly result in the brownie freaking out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help In Console Argument.   Need Help In Console Argument. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help In Console Argument.
Page 1 of 1