This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the argument for next generation

Go down 
+12
atari_g33k
ghost23
Wolfshiemhere
Noelol
DemonWolf
Fank
GeneralMLD
Arbiteris
Invincible
Pein
Alice
optimusprime
16 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

the argument for next generation Empty
PostSubject: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 am

This is all ifs & buts but by no means impossible

What if either E3 2011 or 2012 Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo release information about their new consoles, MS comes out on top
spec wise and has a few impressive trailers to go with it. MS' console is the most powerful and the gaming websites gush
over what has been shown either in trailer format or behind closed doors. What is the argument for the playstation fanboys then?

Will they say gameplay matters? Will they say Playstation has such and such a engine that produce 7d resolution? will the pay
for online argument still occur? will the youtube penis' thetruthshouldgetsetonfire and pyrothepenishead spout more bile?

this isnt aimed at all the normal playstation gamers, the fans, i'm talking about the arseholes who spout terrific amounts of garbage
about their purchase on the internet when they should be playing the fucking thing!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:54 am

optimusprime wrote:

What if either E3 2011 or 2012 Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo release information about their new consoles, MS comes out on top
spec wise and has a few impressive trailers to go with it. MS' console is the most powerful and the gaming websites gush
over what has been shown either in trailer format or behind closed doors. What is the argument for the playstation fanboys then?

Will they say gameplay matters? Will they say Playstation has such and such a engine that produce 7d resolution? will the pay
for online argument still occur? will the youtube penis' thetruthshouldgetsetonfire and pyrothepenishead spout more bile?

this isnt aimed at all the normal playstation gamers, the fans, i'm talking about the arseholes who spout terrific amounts of garbage
about their purchase on the internet when they should be playing the fucking thing!
If theres a new console in 2011 or 2012 I'm seriously done with consoles. Still trying to enjoy my xbox 360 and ps3 here..
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am

Alice wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

If theres a new console in 2011 or 2012 I'm seriously done with consoles. Still trying to enjoy my xbox 360 and ps3 here..
same..after this generation i might wont buy the ps4 or the next xbox
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 am

It's at least 5 more years before I'm in the market for a new console. Possibly longer. Even when the next gen systems do come out, it will a be a few years later before the games start looking any better then what they do now.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 am

Im not going to buy another console for atleast 3 more years.And If I do buy a console soon after those 3 years,the console has to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 pm

nobody is asking anybody to buy the next gen when it happens.

hell if history shows us the early adopters are always screwed.....by all 3 corporations.

Id personally wait a couple years into the next gen b4 buying.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Fank
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fank

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Im not loyal to a brand or something. When the new generation shows up ,I will check all the information and wait until i know enough to make a good decision. Maybe I will go for ps4, maybe for xbox [add a high numer here] or for Wii Hd or what the fuck nintendo has in its mind.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Fank wrote:
Im not loyal to a brand or something. When the new generation shows up ,I will check all the information and wait until i know enough to make a good decision. Maybe I will go for ps4, maybe for xbox [add a high numer here] or for Wii Hd or what the fuck nintendo has in its mind.

Yeah I'm tempted to get the next gen Nintendo console. Because they have some killer 1st party franchises, they just need a good, powerful system to make them shine! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't want a new console. Soooo expensive.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:28 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

you lot just havent got what i said in the op at all

read it properly or shall i explain now? ok i will Mad

the ps3 fanboys go on and on about graphics/how games are being held back and so forth/power of the ps3

what if the next generation microsofts console was the most powerful whatever, what will these people say then?

thats all i said scratch
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:31 pm

optimusprime wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
what if the next generation microsofts console was the most powerful whatever, what will these people say then?

thats all i said scratch
Those who like the pretty graphics will turn over there, those who liked the games will stay.
Easy as that.

Also, everybody, see: Nintendo 3DS
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 am

Console life cycles will continually get longer and longer with each generation. So its safe to assume theres probably another few years until the next XBOX.
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
nobody is asking anybody to buy the next gen when it happens.

hell if history shows us the early adopters are always screwed.....by all 3 corporations.

Id personally wait a couple years into the next gen b4 buying.

first generation games for new consoles arent that impressive either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I am still enjoying my 360 and PS3 very much, not even thinking about buying a next gen system. If one does come out, I wont buy it for a few years, at least. The only one I would even think about would be Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 pm

I see what the author is trying to say.Ive been wondering the same aswell.

For those who dont understand what hes saying...

Sony(and fanboys) brag about "teh power of teh PS3".So far the ps3 hasnt shown its "awesome power" but sony say that soon it will.Well,this generation is ending in a couple years so new consoles will be released.and of course these new consoles will be more powerful than any console this gen.So where does that put the PS3?The PS3 will then be "teh least powerful" console on the shelves.But sony have stated that "teh ps3 will live alot longer than a few years".
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm

I just bought a PS3 and XBOX 360. My next priority is build a kick-ass PC even if it lasts like 2 years. Guy can't die without playing Starcraft II and Diablo III...
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:47 pm

this generation will last longer than all others because of how expensive game development has become. we still have 3-4 more years.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
this generation will last longer than all others because of how expensive game development has become. we still have 3-4 more years.

The hardware this generation is significantly more powerful than the last. The next generation should be a huge leap in graphics for consoles. That means we should have consoles that are capable of Crysis graphics at max settings and resolution.

The only one who should be worried about building new console hardware at this point is Nintendo since that shitware that you call a Wii was maxed out on Day 1. No high definition support or DVD support. And is only slightly more powerful than the Xbox 1. I bet you it would have had a hard time running Halo 2 on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

The hardware this generation is significantly more powerful than the last. The next generation should be a huge leap in graphics for consoles. That means we should have consoles that are capable of Crysis graphics at max settings and resolution.

The only one who should be worried about building new console hardware at this point is Nintendo since that shitware that you call a Wii was maxed out on Day 1. No high definition support or DVD support. And is only slightly more powerful than the Xbox 1. I bet you it would have had a hard time running Halo 2 on the Wii.

Fanboyish much?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Fanboyish much?

It's the sad truth dude. I've been a Nintedno fan since the N64 days, but I just can't take the Wii seriously. If you have different opinions then I respect that.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:42 pm

I'll buy them if they are good. I hope this time there are no or very very little failure rates, but saying that if the games are good and/or if they do backwards compatibility i'll still get them.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Ozsem wrote:
I'll buy them if they are good. I hope this time there are no or very very little failure rates, but saying that if the games are good and/or if they do backwards compatibility i'll still get them.

I think Microsoft learned there lesson. The RROD shitstorm costed them like a billion dollars or something. It doesn't matter how good/bad a company is, after an experience like that they WILL be more careful.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 am

Doominator99 wrote:

thats not what i was going at in my OP for fuck sake! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the argument for next generation   the argument for next generation Empty

Back to top Go down

the argument for next generation
Page 1 of 1