This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:33 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
No. MS is actually the smartest one here.

Cutting deals with 3rd party devs saves money, cause MS doesnt have to pay their salaries.

Spending a fraction of $ to bribe > buying the developer.

True, but I'd still like to see them have more internal studios churn out high quality games as often as possible.

i can see them buying remedy after alan wake ships. they haven't bought anyone in a while,did they buy turn 10?
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Turn 10 is MS'.
Back to top Go down
Bullyblazer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-09-17

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm

I think they should in time it will cost more so why not get it over with, Sony are doing everything they can to get exclusives. MS should not take any chances and secure the gears series for good.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Turn 10 is MS'.

ah so they always had them. i think that is the only studio they actually had without buying lol.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 pm

they should
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullyblazer wrote:
I think they should in time it will cost more so why not get it over with, Sony are doing everything they can to get exclusives. MS should not take any chances and secure the gears series for good.

MS' strategy is progressive...

Allow me to explain what I mean;

MS released the XBOX 1, it had some great 1st party titles but without any excuses it failed.

Why? 3rd party support & outsourcing hardware to other corporations (nVidia and issue with the GPU's).

MS then release the 360, knowing now where they made their mistakes last generation. So they focus primarily on 3rd party support (success), online (success) & hardware (success even though GPU was built by ATI now AMD, it's MS' legally). So now what does MS need to make their gaming console the ultimate package entirely? 1st party and again it's my belief just like with the other factors they acknowledged and conquered, 1st party is their next step.

All I want to say is, those doom and gloom guys that try and paint MS as being 'in danger' really have no grip with reality. Love them or hate them, MS are one of the best business minded corporations on the planet today, they did not get where they are today by fluke.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Bullyblazer wrote:
I think they should in time it will cost more so why not get it over with, Sony are doing everything they can to get exclusives. MS should not take any chances and secure the gears series for good.

MS' strategy is progressive...

Allow me to explain what I mean;

MS released the XBOX 1, it had some great 1st party titles but without any excuses it failed.

Why? 3rd party support & outsourcing hardware to other corporations (nVidia and issue with the GPU's).

MS then release the 360, knowing now where they made their mistakes last generation. So they focus primarily on 3rd party support (success), online (success) & hardware (success even though GPU was built by ATI now AMD, it's MS' legally). So now what does MS need to make their gaming console the ultimate package entirely? 1st party and again it's my belief just like with the other factors they acknowledged and conquered, 1st party is their next step.

All I want to say is, those doom and gloom guys that try and paint MS as being 'in danger' really have no grip with reality. Love them or hate them, MS are one of the best business minded corporations on the planet today, they did not get where they are today by fluke.

Very true. MS knows business better then most and unlike Sony they make a large profit. I can't wait to see what MS has in store for us this year and next.

MS has been very quite and even held their cards close to their chest at X10. They didn't even make a full appearance at GDC.

My theory is they plan to completely dominate E3 and want everything to be a surprise. If anyone is in danger it's Sony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 33
Location : Canada

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 am

gotta admit MS needs more devs.

Mistwalker = JRPG studio
RARE = Multiple Genre developer
Turn 10 = Racing developer
Lionhead = WRPG developer

Thats it unfortunately.........I guess MS could use a shooter specialist developer in their pocket.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

Posts : 87
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : UK

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
gotta admit MS needs more devs.

Mistwalker = JRPG studio
RARE = Multiple Genre developer
Turn 10 = Racing developer
Lionhead = WRPG developer

Thats it unfortunately.........I guess MS could use a shooter specialist developer in their pocket.

I agree one are in which Sony is winning is the amount of 1st Party developers and most of the release AAA & AA games all the time.

Microsoft do count to much on 3rd party developers and it could backfire, that is my only complaint.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:12 am

Ruffian are MS' also no?

Crackdown 2 developers...

Here's what I know to be part of MGS;

Wingnut
Ruffian
Firebird
343 Industries
BigPark

MS are not unaware of the fact that they need more first party titles (and studios). Like I said earlier, it's a work in progress just as everything else has been (and worked in their favor).

GeneralMLD wrote:
gotta admit MS needs more devs.

Mistwalker = JRPG studio
RARE = Multiple Genre developer
Turn 10 = Racing developer
Lionhead = WRPG developer

Thats it unfortunately.........I guess MS could use a shooter specialist developer in their pocket.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 33
Location : Canada

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Ruffian are MS' also no?

Crackdown 2 developers...

Here's what I know to be part of MGS;

Wingnut
Ruffian
Firebird
343 Industries
BigPark

MS are not unaware of the fact that they need more first party titles (and studios). Like I said earlier, it's a work in progress just as everything else has been (and worked in their favor).

GeneralMLD wrote:
gotta admit MS needs more devs.

Mistwalker = JRPG studio
RARE = Multiple Genre developer
Turn 10 = Racing developer
Lionhead = WRPG developer

Thats it unfortunately.........I guess MS could use a shooter specialist developer in their pocket.

ruffian is 3rd party, merely being published by MS.

343 doesnt make games, they mostly manage Halo Waypoint and strike deals with people to get more halo products out there like novels, comics, toys, basically making sure the story is consistent.

The others make XBLA games, at least I think so.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 28
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 27
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 pm

I think Epic needs to become part of the MS family.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : In the gutter

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

Thats a great look out at it DDD. But for people like myself, what would be the point in buying both consoles? I hope GeoW nevers goes to the PS3, the same way I hope the main story arc of MGS never goes to the 360.

Fuck fanboy wars, but in my opinion the more exclusives each console gets, the better for multi-console owners.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

Thats a great look out at it DDD. But for people like myself, what would be the point in buying both consoles? I hope GeoW nevers goes to the PS3, the same way I hope the main story arc of MGS never goes to the 360.

Fuck fanboy wars, but in my opinion the more exclusives each console gets, the better for multi-console owners.

I think there should always be exclusives. Just not on Sony machines. Sony should die a slow death worse then they caused Sega and MS should get all their once exclusive franchises.

Now that's a nice bright future worth dreaming about. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 27
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 am

Well I support all the companies. Im not biased against them. But put Microsoft vs. Sony this generation, and I will back up Microsoft 110% of the time. But I do not believe Sony should die as a corporation. But Microsoft is better, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 34
Location : Chernobyl NPP, Ukraine

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 am

demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

True is dat my friend
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:38 am

Microsoft's second biggest franchise going multiplatform. Yea not going to happen. Microsoft isn't a pushover like Sony. It's because of Microsoft that Gears is the way it is today. I have no doubt Gears 3 will be exclusive. PS3 fanboys can keep holding their breath. Lawl
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

Thats a great look out at it DDD. But for people like myself, what would be the point in buying both consoles? I hope GeoW nevers goes to the PS3, the same way I hope the main story arc of MGS never goes to the 360.

Fuck fanboy wars, but in my opinion the more exclusives each console gets, the better for multi-console owners.

I think there should always be exclusives. Just not on Sony machines. Sony should die a slow death worse then they caused Sega and MS should get all their once exclusive franchises.

Now that's a nice bright future worth dreaming about. Cool

I hope you are kidding. It's because of Sony and Nintendo that Microsoft got anywhere at all.

Competition is what strives companies to outdo each other.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 am

Alan1994 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

Thats a great look out at it DDD. But for people like myself, what would be the point in buying both consoles? I hope GeoW nevers goes to the PS3, the same way I hope the main story arc of MGS never goes to the 360.

Fuck fanboy wars, but in my opinion the more exclusives each console gets, the better for multi-console owners.

I think there should always be exclusives. Just not on Sony machines. Sony should die a slow death worse then they caused Sega and MS should get all their once exclusive franchises.

Now that's a nice bright future worth dreaming about. Cool

I hope you are kidding. It's because of Sony and Nintendo that Microsoft got anywhere at all.

Competition is what strives companies to outdo each other.

That's very true, I love competition. Back in the day Nintendo and Sega took each other on and we had a true golden age of gaming. Then Sony came along and killed Sega. So I'd love to see Sony get a taste of their own medicine. I want MS to curb stomp Sony.

Just think of it, a world without Sony fanboys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 am

Alan1994 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
If it were going to ps3, that would be good. I mean the more games the ps3 gets from 360 and 360 gets from ps3 = less motivation for fanboys and also people would just say "ah both consoles are good and get each others games" lol I don't like exclusives. I don't see the point really. I hate how people will actually go get just exclusives and refuse to buy multiplatform games just because the "competition" has it too.

It's really pathetic.

Thats a great look out at it DDD. But for people like myself, what would be the point in buying both consoles? I hope GeoW nevers goes to the PS3, the same way I hope the main story arc of MGS never goes to the 360.

Fuck fanboy wars, but in my opinion the more exclusives each console gets, the better for multi-console owners.

I think there should always be exclusives. Just not on Sony machines. Sony should die a slow death worse then they caused Sega and MS should get all their once exclusive franchises.

Now that's a nice bright future worth dreaming about. Cool

I hope you are kidding. It's because of Sony and Nintendo that Microsoft got anywhere at all.

Competition is what strives companies to outdo each other.
lol tru
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 48
Join date : 2010-03-27
Location : Manchester

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 am

I read somewhere ( not sure where ) that EPIC owns Gears of War and they can do whatever they want with it ... it would surprise me if M$ let Gears of War get away though.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 am

Epic owns Gears but whilst they said they could do whatever they wanted with it they also said they were happy with MS and the success MS has brought Gears.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 27
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

So in conclusion. Gears of War will not go to PS3, one way or another. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Mark Rein and Cliffy B both imply this, yeah.

Between us, Cliffy B seems to prefer the 360 from its games to its hardware to even Natal > Move, even though we've not seen enough from both parties (with their offerings yet).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Epic Questing
» Looking for Epic Items::
» Anyone know a good overseas site to buy cd's from?
» New Party Room - Outer Space!!!
» Finding keys

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: