This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics

Go down 
+24
day walker
GrantedAccess
xjosh360s
Freemon34
Blackou7
A7MAD_AU
7th
redringofdeath
killstopLEGEND
begley
danny100
arnt god of war
Alan1994
Fank
joe11
GeneralMLD
360WNED
Static103
Vogler
spartan225
Master_Chief
ghost23
-jaz350z-
DemonWolf
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 am

killstopLEGEND wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
PS3 fanboys are irrelevant because their console is in last place.
I puked in my mouth when I read this... Im no fanboy but damn, you just said this word for word just like MLD... Mld fanboy much?

Why? are you butthurt that your console is in last place?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 am

killstopLEGEND wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
I puked in my mouth when I read this... Im no fanboy but damn, you just said this word for word just like MLD... Mld fanboy much?
LMAO Somebody sounds butthurt.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 am

killstopLEGEND wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
lol run away troll we don't feed you ur people here
Back to top Go down
redringofdeath

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 am

Good job comparing games from completely different years idiot...
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

redringofdeath wrote:
Its kind of amusing how PS3 fanboys always resort to childish name calling whenever somebody tells them something that they dont want to hear in regard to their precious console and/or corporation.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm

begley wrote:
no its the other way around. 360 fanboys cant recognise amazing graphics. a game with the scale of gow3 comes along and theycall it shite. o yh cus it aint on their system/
who? as far as i know im the only one on here that really bashes gow 3 and ive played it its aa at best. anyways the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies here.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 am

arnt god of war wrote:
begley wrote:
no its the other way around. 360 fanboys cant recognise amazing graphics. a game with the scale of gow3 comes along and theycall it shite. o yh cus it aint on their system/
who? as far as i know im the only one on here that really bashes gow 3 and ive played it its aa at best. anyways the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies here.

Hahahaha, AA at best. No, Dante's Inferno is AA at best, and coincidentally the only thing you have on 360 that can even come close to comparing to it because it's a clone.

Infamous is a fantastic title. They did sacrifice on the textures and models to increase the draw distance, but overall the art style I feel overcomes that. As for comparing it to Crackdown 2, anyone can just as easily compare Infamous to Crackdown 1 and show Infamous's superiority.

There are two things that fanboys of ANy system love to do: compare games that came out a good deal apart, or compare games from two different genres.

For example, having seen the demo for Alan Wake and having played God of War 3 to completion, I can say with a hgh degree of confidence that Gow3's graphics destroy Alan Wake.

However, Alan Wake has a much larger, open world, so the graphics can't be as detailed to allow evironment loading speeds that won't slow it down to a crawl (Two Worlds comes to mind here.) If you look at the character model for Alan wake, you can see joint seems, square fingers, things you would expect to see in a last gen title. However, the game takes place primarily in the dark, and puts more emphasis on mood and lighting effects than textures that wouldn't really pop visually in the dark anyway, so for someone on EITHER side of the argument to compare the two is making a fool out of his or herself.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

Don't under estimate the PS3 zealot, they aren't stupid (as stupid as they seem), they just won't admit it to any one of us or their other zealots that they see the benefits in 360 titles.

They know why people continue to buy the 360 and buy 360 games, it's their twisted 'loyalties' that stop them.

You can see from how defensive or how butt hurt they behave that they are NOT content and that's because Sony has failed to store security in them because Sony is a shell of its former self from previous generations and with good reason.

* REMEDY created open world tech for their game and render most of their environments with procedural generation modeling (like oblivion), so a lot of the environments get built up algorithmically instead of manually. That means that the amount of ingame content, models, textures etc. won't be a problem memory wise (aside from textures, most of the ingame content never does take up much space).

AW is more impressive visually than any PS3 title there is today. I was fortunate enough to see the game, the rep even with his heavy accent played the game through a scene for 8 minutes and I literally did not take my eyes off that screen. He answered one question I asked which I was then reminded I'm not allowed to discuss.
No tricks, no BS. It was played on a 360 dev kit and it outdid GOW 3/UC2 and HR visually. I can say everything i saw was smooth and at 30fps (real) 720p and I heard with my ears what I was seeing was 4 times anti-aliasing, he did mention more on the matter, some which was over my head to grasp and to be honest I was fu**ing glued to the TV watching.

It's that awesome.

PS3 fans can give me their BS but I'll believe my eyes before I believe a 360 hater.

===

Anyone talking shit about AW better wake the heck up! Reality and facts will own your hatred of a superb game.

http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.php?p=60342&postcount=18
http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.php?p=60352&postcount=23
http://forum.alanwake.com/showpost.php?p=60352&postcount=23
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 am

I don't know how to gauge the graphics of Crackdown 2. All I know is I can't wait to play it.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 pm

demondragondude wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
You can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game released 3 years ago. The same way you can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game comes out later this year.

I wouldn't have if ps3 had any more free roam games coming out this year (which we have pics of).

lets hope agent gets some pics soon, its a rockstar game so i dont care what system it's on, 360 already got it's fair share of exclusive rockstar goodness. I'm not going to wait a year till it comes out on 360 though, i already have to w8 long enough.

red dead redemption looks better than crackdown 2 (im getting it on 360,)
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 pm

begley wrote:
gow 3 does look like shit
Back to top Go down
GrantedAccess
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
GrantedAccess

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Infamous didn't impress me too much visually but the gameplay was good. As for Crackdown 2, 1st day purchase. I'm going to have to start raking in the cash o,o...

On the topic at hand -- Crackdown 2 will be an amazing title but the art style is too different to compare with a game like iNFAMOUS or even Uncharted 2. As for the floor textures, I don't see much difference between the two. They both look pretty bland as would mostly any game out now-a-days. When Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III come out, THAT will impress me visually. If the graphics are as outstanding as the trailer, then it will destroy any game graphically this gen except maybe Alan Wake. If you haven't seen that trailer, you must.. I'm hoping it doesn't go Multiplat either way. Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 and all, but Square Enix would lose a huge chunk of their Japanese market. Boycott I here? Crying I here? Nomura quitting I here? Yup. Anyways thats off-topic and I forgot what we were talking about again =x
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm

7th wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
begley wrote:

Hahahaha, AA at best. No, Dante's Inferno is AA at best, and coincidentally the only thing you have on 360 that can even come close to comparing to it because it's a clone.

Infamous is a fantastic title. They did sacrifice on the textures and models to increase the draw distance, but overall the art style I feel overcomes that. As for comparing it to Crackdown 2, anyone can just as easily compare Infamous to Crackdown 1 and show Infamous's superiority.

There are two things that fanboys of ANy system love to do: compare games that came out a good deal apart, or compare games from two different genres.

For example, having seen the demo for Alan Wake and having played God of War 3 to completion, I can say with a hgh degree of confidence that Gow3's graphics destroy Alan Wake.

However, Alan Wake has a much larger, open world, so the graphics can't be as detailed to allow evironment loading speeds that won't slow it down to a crawl (Two Worlds comes to mind here.) If you look at the character model for Alan wake, you can see joint seems, square fingers, things you would expect to see in a last gen title. However, the game takes place primarily in the dark, and puts more emphasis on mood and lighting effects than textures that wouldn't really pop visually in the dark anyway, so for someone on EITHER side of the argument to compare the two is making a fool out of his or herself.
yep aa at best
Back to top Go down
GrantedAccess
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
GrantedAccess

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:51 pm

I can't tell who your saying AA at best too xd. Please specify.
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:27 pm

7th wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
begley wrote:

gow 3 has scale When? last time i checked it was liner as hell, with no branching paths.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm

7th wrote:

"Gow3's graphics destroy Alan Wake."

"played God of War 3 to completion"

"seen the demo for Alan Wake"

Makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
7th wrote:

"Gow3's graphics destroy Alan Wake."

"played God of War 3 to completion"

"seen the demo for Alan Wake"

Makes perfect sense.

God of War 3 is extremely limited in scope compared to the wide open environments of Alan Wake. They can't be compared. Alan Wake is a better looking game though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
bikerkid

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:24 pm

ur comments arent any better lol
butthurt much?
Master_Chief wrote:
redringofdeath wrote:
Its kind of amusing how PS3 fanboys always resort to childish name calling whenever somebody tells them something that they dont want to hear in regard to their precious console and/or corporation.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:15 am

PS3 fanboys are very ignorant, and I laugh when they say PS3 has better graphics than 360.....hell Halo 3 has more detail in its environments than most FPS to this day & it's 3 yrs old. PS3 fanboys think graphics need realism, they are just a bunch of fucktards to think that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2