This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3

Go down 
+14
gigabite07
danny100
Alan1994
GeneralMLD
Master_Chief
Kendo
lightlamp
Stoney
DemonWolf
Static103
joe11
ghost23
Optimus Lime
343_Guilty_Spark
18 posters
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 Empty
PostSubject: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 am

If they maxed out the PS3 and all versions are identical, doesn't that means the PS3 isn't any more powerful than the Xbox 360?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7573

Quote :
"Our game maxes out the *console*" is an oft-used line by video game PR people. On occasion, the game does end up looking fantastic (games like Uncharted 2), and often... not quite so spectactular (Fracture).

Farrelly also reveals that the PS3 is the lead development platform for this year's revival of the classic FPS franchise, which brings the game to a modern warfare setting, akin to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and its sequel from Infinity Ward. The game is simply titled "Medal of Honor" for the moment.

The full quote:

"We're working hard to deliver the exact same experience across all platforms. I think for me the most important thing is for everyone that plays Medal Of Honor is satisfied... I guess the benefit to the PS3 owner is that we're leading on it, so we'll maximise what that platform can do for our game."

We can always hope for the best, of course. Though it has fallen from grace a little in recent years, Medal of Honor is a quality franchise, and its developers are talented. The game should, in all likeliness, look fantastic, but "maximising" the platform might be going a little far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:39 am

Don't believe this, this is just PR hype.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:15 am

I don't believe in "maxing out a console" crap. Developers will always create new technology which can utilise the hardware in news ways and that will once again lift the bar.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 am

thats bs and never ever believe it if ea. says it
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:24 am

that's a lie
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 am

ghost23 wrote:
I don't believe in "maxing out a console" crap. Developers will always create new technology which can utilise the hardware in news ways and that will once again lift the bar.
very true! It's like when a ps3 game developer says "this isn't possible on 360"!
When we know that in a few weeks or months or maybe already, we have a game that not only looks better than that ps3 game but it is also a better game in general usually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 am

EA seem to be pushing in the direction of the PS3 recently...its the lead platform now, so the 360 will be getting the ported version....I thought it was easier to develope on the 360 and port to the PS3, not vice-versa... scratch
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
EA seem to be pushing in the direction of the PS3 recently...its the lead platform now, so the 360 will be getting the ported version....I thought it was easier to develope on the 360 and port to the PS3, not vice-versa... scratch
It is but then when they get ported to the PS3 sometimes it messes up apparently its easier to port it to the 360
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 am

Its good business to develop for the PS3 as the leading platform then port to the 360 so it will be easy on developers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:20 pm

I Remember during the development of the first BF BC Dice said that the Cell allowed them to run higher rez textures blah blah blah and when BF BC came out it was still better on 360. I doubt this game will be any different.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm

i think he means as far as making it multiplat.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
i think he means as far as making it multiplat.
Thats true and you and I know this but these articles are always written in a way that implies something else to those that dont know any better. Thats how these gaming sites get their hits.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

EA bullshit, it won't max out the PS3 or 360. It will probably be a low AA game with better than average graphics. Fuck EA. The only game I've ever liked from them is Mass Effect 2. Which is more or less a Bioware/Microsoft game.
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 pm

c'mon

developers talking there game up before release ... take this with less than a pinch of salt
Back to top Go down
gigabite07
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
gigabite07

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 am

why does ea keep supporting sony?i mean really 90 % of there title sell better on the 360 then ps3.it like over paying a hooker who doesnt even give you head or anal
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 am

EA just wants us to buy their pre release DLC Laughing
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:33 pm

gigabite07 wrote:
why does ea keep supporting sony?i mean really 90 % of there title sell better on the 360 then ps3.it like over paying a hooker who doesnt even give you head or anal
I agree" i dont get what they are doing by advertising that
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm

I Think EA spouts this crap in an attempt to get more PS3 owners to buy their games. EA knows that 360 owners already do buy games.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 pm

The new Medal of Honor runs on 2 gaming engines:

The singleplayer runs with Unreal (a engine that of this days is more than mastered by the devs on XB360)

And the multiplayer that runs out of DICE engine Frostbite (BF: BC2 shows no difference between consoles.)

So i think the devs really are only trying to gain the audince of the PS3 community like the guys from Dante Inferno did. Besides only PS3 owners ask time and time again to build first on the PS3 and then port to the 360 so they port don't suck (like its a easy thing creating a game from the ground on the fucking PS3...)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 pm

gigabite07 wrote:

It's easier to develop on 360, but ports to PS3 are often inferior. And porting from PS3 to 360 is easier, thus making a much lesser loss in quality.

PS3 to 360 ports are more even in terms of graphics, loading, and framerates than a 360 to PS3 port.

I wouldn't really say that they are really supporting Sony
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 pm

I maxed out the PS3 with my new game Blackbuster Fight Tournament. Its got the best physics in any fighting game, only possible on the PS3. You can play MLD, but only if pay for the DLC thats already on the disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3   EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

EA: Medal of Honor Maxes Out the PS3
Page 1 of 1