This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!

Go down 
+7
jaykay
Optimus Lime
-jaz350z-
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
A7MAD_AU
Bluenose
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! Empty
PostSubject: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Sony: The Wii is “not a very precise experience”
April 5th, 2010 at 8:22 am -

This generation has been filled with a lot of attacks coming from all sides of the three companies involved within the industry. While it used to only be Microsoft and Sony taking pot shots, the recent Move hype has pushed Nintendo into the same world of PR tactics that the previously mentioned companies have been employing since day one.

Unfortunately, that PR spin and cut down continues this week with Sony’s Peter Dille stepping up to the plate to take a few more shots in Nintendo’s direction.

Speaking with the Financial Times, Dille makes sure to use this opportunity as one to boast PlayStation Move at the expense of the Wii’s motion technology that he refers to as “not a very precise experience” in the gaming industry.

“The Wii has been wildly successful but at the end of the day it’s not a very precise experience and it relies on the wand. Microsoft’s approach appears to be no wand, no controller, just a camera, which means that your body’s the user interface. Our solution and point of differentiation is around precision, because we’ve got the camera — the Playstation Eye — and the motion controller which has the light at the tip, and the camera tracks the light very precisely in 3D space.

“Hardcore gamers have looked down their nose at motion gaming: it’s not particularly satisfying for them because it’s not terribly precise or challenging, it’s more social. So we’ll have games that the whole family can play that are very social, but we’ll also be able to do hardcore gamer games via a motion device that has never been done before. It’s too early to say what the killer app or signature game is but we’ll continue through the spring and late summer before we make a decision on which game is the poster child or the best one to move the Move.”
RIGHT HERE IS THE OWNAGE! The Dean of Playstation university think Move will be Gimmicky lol its Hilarious!
To be fair, I’ll admit that I do look down my nose at the Nintendo Wii, but it’s not because of the precision or the challenge — it’s due to the gimmick feel that motion gaming provides. Therefore, I also look down at the PlayStation Move for the exact same reasons. Will it be interesting for the first 10-15 minutes? Absolutely. However, after that, who will really continue to use the product? I’m guessing it’ll get as much play time as the Wii does right now; which isn’t much according to past surveys conducted by Nielsen. http://www.playstationuniversity.com/sony-the-wii-is-not-a-very-precise-experience-3517/ If you want to see it for yourself. I have nothing really against Move i say we judge it when it comes out. But i mean the Sony fanboys alone are criticizing it is just dumb.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Sony copies the Wiimote and Nunchuck then talks on how their copy is better.

It better be better, considering it came out 4 years after Nintendo's original device.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 am

Classic Sony.

They improve slightly on what's proven, charge more for it, and convince their fans to be thankful for giving them what they could get cheaper elsewhere. Then they shit on the competition for doing something original and secretly plan to rip it off if it proves to be profitable.

That's the truth about Sony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Classic Sony.

They improve slightly on what's proven, charge more for it, and convince their fans to be thankful for giving them what they could get cheaper elsewhere. Then they shit on the competition for doing something original and secretly plan to rip it off if it proves to be profitable.

That's the truth about Sony.

I know! I do like Sony's products for the most part but seriously, they rip off everyone else and then they, being the hypocrites that they are, slag off the competition. Remember what that guy from Sony said in the interview about Move? He pretty much said "if you want Natal-like technology, buy yourself a ps2 for $90 and get the eyetoy" or something lame like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 am

PSUni is not run by fanboys. There might be fanboys within the site but the admins/mods are quite level-headed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:33 am

Are people in this forum that ignorant? I'm guessing none of you have heard of natal.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 am

If they're criticizing it are they really fanboys? Maybe they just see that motion controllers are gimmicks. I find Natal to be as much of a gimmick as the Move.

Didn't Sony start working on this technology before Nintendo began work on the Wii? All they really did was copy the controller's exterior design, it's all different "under the hood" so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:39 am

jaykay wrote:
If they're criticizing it are they really fanboys? Maybe they just see that motion controllers are gimmicks. I find Natal to be as much of a gimmick as the Move.

Didn't Sony start working on this technology before Nintendo began work on the Wii? All they really did was copy the controller's exterior design, it's all different "under the hood" so to speak.

Sony implemented "wii like" controls with their eyetoy years ago, they had external peripherals that were used to enhance the gameplay - still gimmicky as hell though.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
jaykay wrote:

Sony implemented "wii like" controls with their eyetoy years ago, they had external peripherals that were used to enhance the gameplay - still gimmicky as hell though.
When it comes to motion controls, everyone is guilty of ripping off, including Nintendo and Microsoft. The whole development of motion control peripherals is based on improving preexisting motion control peripherals.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 am

jaykay wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
jaykay wrote:

When it comes to motion controls, everyone is guilty of ripping off, including Nintendo and Microsoft. The whole development of motion control peripherals is based on improving preexisting motion control peripherals.

Yes, which were made by sony in 2002.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:05 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
Are people in this forum that ignorant? I'm guessing none of you have heard of natal.

Are you so ignorant to realise that the technological gap between Natal and Eyetoy is significantly larger than the gap between Wii and Move.

From the outset they may look the same, but Natal tracks depth and movement in a 3D space while Eyetoy just tracked obstructions in a 2D space.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 am

The Fact is im sad that i a 360 fan have more in hopes than the leader of PSU i mean if they think its gimmicky i lose alot of faith of what i had with move.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am

The Deans a fool. Guys like Nick and One-Shot are some of the few neutrels I've come across on that forum.

I actually cant wait to give the Move ago. See if it lives up to its hype. Even though its a rip-off I cant wait to see how good it is.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 am

PSU has some solid members, real neutral types but then there are the zealots. They're vocal too, shame it's those types that paint that place as a zealot haven.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:35 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

Are you so ignorant to realise that the technological gap between Natal and Eyetoy is significantly larger than the gap between Wii and Move.

From the outset they may look the same, but Natal tracks depth and movement in a 3D space while Eyetoy just tracked obstructions in a 2D space.

Are YOU so ignorant, that you don't realize the Wii tracked 2D motion and the move tracks depth in a 3D space, the same as the difference between Natal and Eyetoy.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
The Deans a fool. Guys like Nick and One-Shot are some of the few neutrels I've come across on that forum.

I actually cant wait to give the Move ago. See if it lives up to its hype. Even though its a rip-off I cant wait to see how good it is.

Just because someone isn't "neutral," does that mean they're stupid? Because that's essentially what you're saying. I wonder where I could find some people that weren't neutral...Oh right, this forum.

I've talked to the dean plenty of times. Now, I don't care if you don't like him or anyone else but to call someone a "fool" without knowing them is the same as calling the wii a gimmick w/o playing it or calling Halo gay w/o playing it OR saying there's no difference between DVD and blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:39 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Just because someone isn't "neutral," does that mean they're stupid? Because that's essentially what you're saying. I wonder where I could find some people that weren't neutral...Oh right, this forum.

I've talked to the dean plenty of times. Now, I don't care if you don't like him or anyone else but to call someone a "fool" without knowing them is the same as calling the wii a gimmick w/o playing it or calling Halo gay w/o playing it OR saying there's no difference between DVD and blu-ray.

You dont get it

We know just because you arent nuetral you can still know your stuff

But dean doesnt use any good logic at all.He could be smart in RL but he certainly isnt on the internet
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

But dean doesnt use any good logic at all.He could be smart in RL but he certainly isnt on the internet

He doesn't even cover console war-type things. He writes news articles. I don't understand how you can have an opinion on his logic.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

He doesn't even cover console war-type things. He writes news articles. I don't understand how you can have an opinion on his logic.

He's talking about forum posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:40 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

Are YOU so ignorant, that you don't realize the Wii tracked 2D motion and the move tracks depth in a 3D space, the same as the difference between Natal and Eyetoy.
Was just about to post. Razz

This is just too fanboyish. They're either both rip-offs or neither of them are rip-offs. Both greatly improved upon their brand of motion controls, so to say that Move is a rip-off but Natal isn't is simply fanboyish.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:59 pm

i rather sit down and play, if i wana "move" ill go outside and play some sports
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

C'mon Jaz. Im talking about the BS he posts. For all I know he could be my best mate in real life. When Nick or One-Shot or even Masta Solidus say something positive about the 360 he has to butt in and try to counter it.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

C'mon Jaz. Im talking about the BS he posts. For all I know he could be my best mate in real life. When Nick or One-Shot or even Masta Solidus say something positive about the 360 he has to butt in and try to counter it.

Isn't that the same thing you do on this forum? I mean, I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong, I'm simply saying that it's pretty hypocritical.

btw, when I say "you" I mean this forum in general not you personally.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

Isn't that the same thing you do on this forum? I mean, I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong, I'm simply saying that it's pretty hypocritical.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I rarely defend the 360 or PS3 unless someone says something really stupid. So no its not hypocritical at all. I came here talk about the 360 (and now the PS3) and the PS3 nation (to talk specifically about the PS3). For example someone (not naming names) said "MGS 4 sucks!, I never played it but from what I've seen it does" and straight away I called him out on his BS. And hes a regular poster.

The Dean called this site "a plague in gaming" then he goes and posts anti 360 threads and claims hes not a fanboy? At the very least the fanboys here have admitted to being fanboys.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You dont get it

Thanks for pointing that out.

I rarely defend the 360 or PS3 unless someone says something really stupid. So no its not hypocritical at all. I came here talk about the 360 (and now the PS3) and the PS3 nation (to talk specifically about the PS3). For example someone (not naming names) said "MGS 4 sucks!, I never played it but from what I've seen it does" and straight away I called him out on his BS. And hes a regular poster.

The Dean called this site "a plague in gaming" then he goes and posts anti 360 threads and claims hes not a fanboy? At the very least the fanboys here have admitted to being fanboys.

Like I said, when I say "you" I don't mean you specifically.

Essentially everyone has called this forum a plague on gaming. In some ways it is. It promotes unneeded fanboyism but it is also a great place to come if you don't want to worry about the PS3 or Wii. Personally, I like the forum because I can see all the latest articles that you guys post and I can give my opinion on them. Also, I've made anti-360 videos does that mean I'm a fanboy? No. I'm simply stating my opinion on the given topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!   Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move! Empty

Back to top Go down

Even the Ps3 fanboys are dissapointed with Move!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next