This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"

Go down 
+18
7th
Zombl337
Madtoker
M3A7L04F
Bluenose
Sir.Zillah
Stigma
Alan1994
Lt Xplosi
joe11
Kendo
Superkingz2
arnt god of war
343_Guilty_Spark
Notorious
GeneralMLD
Ozsem
DemonWolf
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

"The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Bluenose wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:
7th made a vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3oe5mMdAo

I only watched about 1 minute of that video. I couldn't stop laughing when he brought up the Dreamcast. As if anyone seriously considers the Dreamcast a viable platform. 7th needs to start taking so reality pills becuase he's living in a fantasy world where the PS3 isn't in last place and will somehow gain the sales of the PS2 launching it into a ten year lifespan. LOL, so sad. The PS3 may be sold for ten years, maybe even 15, but if he thinks that Sony isn't going to switch gears the moment the next gen starts he's kidding himself. Look at the PS2, probably the most popular video game system of all time, but after the PS3 came out Sony stopped giving a crap about it. Game released dwindled and it quickly became a shadow of itself. Unfortunately for the PS3 it's not even half as popular as the PS2 so it's not even going to make it as far as the PS2 did. The fact is, the PS3 doesn't have enough time to make up the sales difference between it and the Xbox 360 before MS drops the next Xbox and with Natal and a newly redesigned Xbox planed for this fall it's the Xbox 360 that's going to have a boost in sales later in the game than the PS3. Lol, the only thing the PS3 has in common with the Dreamcast is that their new competitor has beaten them at their own game. The Xbox brand will be strong throughout this gen and will be stronger than the Playstation brand when the next gen starts. Sony fans better get used to being in last place and watching their cherished 3rd party exclusives jump ship becuase that's what's going to continue next gen and beyond. Sony will never have another PS2 success story, ever.
You should really watch the rest of the video before you start BSing it. In fact i think you already have but just dont want to counter his other points. Lets not get Fanboyism to corrupt our logic.

Nope, I watched up to the Dreamcast part. I have no idea what points if any he made other than using the Dreamcast being sold today by a second manufacture. There's no way I'm going to watch 7 or 8 minutes of Xbox hate or PS3 propaganda or what ever he planed to ramble on about. As for fanboyism, 7th is about as much a PS3 fanboy can be. Thinking the PS3 will magically be as successful as the PS2 is the falacy foundation of PS3 fanboy's failed logic.

Besides, if his opening statement is complete bullshit there's no reason to listen to more of it, no matter what kind of stupid voice he thinks is funny, but isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:49 pm

*Copy and Paste form 7th's video*

I've already destroyed your argument 7th, the gap is the same amount as the 360 sold in it's first year. They have sold the same on average. The 8 million gap was caused do to a price drop in 2008 and the 360 sold the PS3 by a lot.
The Xbox had over 800 games released on it, check all game reviews on metacritic.
Gears of War 2 is on 360 only, there is no PC version
Damn your stupid. And I didn't even have to use the 3 golden points, yet I've destroyed you.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

I've already destroyed your argument 7th, the gap is the same amount as the 360 sold in it's first year. They have sold the same on average. The 8 million gap was caused do to a price drop in 2008 and the 360 sold the PS3 by a lot.
The Xbox had over 800 games released on it, check all game reviews on metacritic.
Damn your stupid. And I didn't even have to use the 3 golden points, yet I've destroyed you.

I had gears 2 and gears 1 beside me and was looking at the viewfinder on my camcorder, and reached over and grabbed the wrong game and didn't realize it until I'd posted the vid XD

I said "What, 400?" as a troll comment because I knew guys like yo would jump to defend the fact that it actually had, all told, 951 titles, though 52 or so of those were exclusive to Europe.

And again, your argument is fail logic because if the gap is the same as the number sold its first year, then your argument that the year head start doesn't matter is destroyed. Also my video included a chart showing that from each system's launch, over the first to years the systems sold the same, but from 2008, worldwide the PS3 has been selling at a higher rate than 360. The gap has been narrowing a year before the launch of the Slim, the Slim just kicked it up by a large notch. the gap was closed by 3 million in just 6 months.

As for Natal, yeah it could boost sales from soccer moms as you guys have said, but are soccer moms going to go out and buy a new console and new games for it when they already have the Wii and quickly realized that when it came to the kind of games they would enjoy on it, Wii Sports was the exception, not the rule? Are they going to take the risk of being burned twice? Are soccer moms gonna buy another system to play one or two games on it at a few parties then shove it in the closet and never play it again like they have the wii? (Nielson has proved this rather conclusively. When it comes to actual usage, Wii is the highest selling console but the least played of the three.)
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

7th wrote:

As for Natal, yeah it could boost sales from soccer moms as you guys have said, but are soccer moms going to go out and buy a new console and new games for it when they already have the Wii and quickly realized that when it came to the kind of games they would enjoy on it, Wii Sports was the exception, not the rule? Are they going to take the risk of being burned twice? Are soccer moms gonna buy another system to play one or two games on it at a few parties then shove it in the closet and never play it again like they have the wii? (Nielson has proved this rather conclusively. When it comes to actual usage, Wii is the highest selling console but the least played of the three.)
I totally agree. Thats why I dont think Natal or Move are going to have any kind of widespread success.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:35 pm

7th wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I had gears 2 and gears 1 beside me and was looking at the viewfinder on my camcorder, and reached over and grabbed the wrong game and didn't realize it until I'd posted the vid XD

I said "What, 400?" as a troll comment because I knew guys like yo would jump to defend the fact that it actually had, all told, 951 titles, though 52 or so of those were exclusive to Europe.

And again, your argument is fail logic because if the gap is the same as the number sold its first year, then your argument that the year head start doesn't matter is destroyed. Also my video included a chart showing that from each system's launch, over the first to years the systems sold the same, but from 2008, worldwide the PS3 has been selling at a higher rate than 360. The gap has been narrowing a year before the launch of the Slim, the Slim just kicked it up by a large notch. the gap was closed by 3 million in just 6 months.

Your first two paragraphs don't matter I guess, but there is a huge ass difference between 951 and 400 games. The Xbox had a larger library than the 360 or PS3 have now.

The 360 outsold the PS3 worldwide in 2008. Let's take a look.

My fingers are cold as shit and I don't feel like typing so much so I copied and pasted this from a comment I put on your video.

"The 360 sold like 5.5 million units in it's first year. PS3 launch to end of 2007 the PS3 outsold the 360 by a couple million units because of a price drop. In 2008 the 360 outsold the PS3 by several million units because of a price drop. In 2009 the PS3 outsold the 360 by a couple million units because of a price drop and slim. In 2010 the 360 will heavily outsell the PS3 because of a slim + price drop + Natal + Halo Reach."

Yeah that's basically what will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"   "The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Three Golden Rules Of Bullshit"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3