This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

whats the point of the "console war"

Go down 
+8
GeneralMLD
solidstudios
Master_Chief
Stigma
arnt god of war
Invincible
Alice
ps3 fan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ps3 fan

whats the point of the "console war" Empty
PostSubject: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

in my eyes its like making fun of people who like chocolate icecream instead of vanilla or strawberry etc

the console war will never end because people are opinionated cat
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Hm, everything comes down to personal preference really.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:17 pm

How else are insecure gamers supposed to make themselves feel better about their console?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:39 pm

lol @invincible and ps3 fan being dumbasses and not realizing the console war is fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Console war is a bunch of retarded idiots making fun of each other because they play a different console. But me, I am the person that puts the fuel in the fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Because it's fun to antagonize others.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:45 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
LOL I agree. PS3 fanboys are so easy to piss off that its pretty hard to resist pushing their buttons. lol
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
ps3 fan wrote:
in my eyes its like making fun of people who like chocolate icecream instead of vanilla or strawberry etc

Why haven't you posted this thread at any of the PS3 fanboy sites? Funny how the so called "neutral gamers" always come here to post this stuff. Let me guess, you have a "preference" for the PS3, right? Anyway I think the console wars are fun. Anybody who actually takes this stuff seriously needs to get a life.
Well I'm neutral, I find the console war hilarious. But we all know plenty of people take this seriously, especially those who constantly make videos and also constantly checking videos of their "rivals"
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Alice wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ps3 fan wrote:

Why haven't you posted this thread at any of the PS3 fanboy sites? Funny how the so called "neutral gamers" always come here to post this stuff. Let me guess, you have a "preference" for the PS3, right? Anyway I think the console wars are fun. Anybody who actually takes this stuff seriously needs to get a life.
Well I'm neutral, I find the console war hilarious. But we all know plenty of people take this seriously, especially those who constantly make videos and also constantly checking videos of their "rivals"
Actually I was asking PS3 Fan but I do agree with you about some of these people (Like The Truth) who cant separate their real life from You Tube. Good point. I talk trash out here but I do it because its fun. I own both systems and enjoy them both although I do enjoy my 360 more. But thats just preference. We all have at least some bias towards a console.
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
solidstudios

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:16 am

Alice wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ps3 fan wrote:

same. the console war is pretty funny, but sometimes people take it to far
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:41 am

bragging rights, nothing more
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:57 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Bragging about a console you bought that suits your personal taste, versus a person who bought a console to suit their personal taste?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:01 am

Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Bragging about a console you bought that suits your personal taste, versus a person who bought a console to suit their personal taste?

same as sports team fans. You cant possibly say some friendly fan clashing like ones you see in professional football or hockey is childish or stupid.
Its just our nature.

My team is better then yours. My corporation is better then yours.

Some gamers dont see consoels as mere play-things, but rather something similar to their home sports team. It represents them, and they will cheer it on against the competition.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:09 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

same as sports team fans. You cant possibly say some friendly fan clashing like ones you see in professional football or hockey is childish or stupid.
Its just our nature.

Some gamers dont see consoels as mere play-things, but rather something similar to their home sports team. It represents them, and they will cheer it on against the competition.
You must really take this "console war" thing seriously then, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:59 am

Master_Chief wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
LOL I agree. PS3 fanboys are so easy to piss off that its pretty hard to resist pushing their buttons. lol

Hell yeah, especially one in particular....thetruth!! lmao

Though pretty much most sony fanboys are just as bad as him really.... remember when DQB sold his ps3 and got a 360? Remember the outrage of ps3 fanboys?

When he sold his 360 and bought a ps3 again what did we do? lol exactly!

When I think it was Solidrev...who bought MW2 on 360 and then ps3 fanboys got pissed off, called him an xbot and stuff like that.

And when Destructoid gave Heavy Rain something like 8.9 out of 10 and then gave Deadly Premonition 10/10, ps3 fanboys sent deaththreats to the guy who wrote the review.

Hell, when GOW3 didn't get 10/10 the ps3 fanboys went beserk!

And when games turn multiplat, the amount of complaints and petitions from ps3 fanboys is incredible!

Also, who is it that attacks the ratings for 360 exclusives on Metacritic & other game reviewing sites? Ps3 fanboys! lol

Okay, I'm generalising and only focusing on the diehard sony fanboys, not all ps3 fanboys are like that but seriously, those are the kinds of people which make me love the console war. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:08 pm

I do it for fun.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:22 pm

Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Its just our nature.

You must really take this "console war" thing seriously then, enjoy.

As serious as a sports fan cheers on his favourite team.
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 am

Wait so if use the consoles as teams, and you love both consoles is that the equivilent of saying that your a fan of both the Lakers and Celtics (those two teams hate each other)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Because those people that take it very seriously are so fun to mess with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 am

I love the console war.It kills time
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 am

am203 wrote:
Wait so if use the consoles as teams, and you love both consoles is that the equivilent of saying that your a fan of both the Lakers and Celtics (those two teams hate each other)

that would make you the team fans "wife"..........who loves all teams equally and isnt in the competitive spirit

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats the point of the "console war"   whats the point of the "console war" Empty

Back to top Go down

whats the point of the "console war"
Page 1 of 1