This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's start a revolution!

Go down 
+9
Jamin
Pickles
Alan1994
DemonWolf
TRF
Noelol
Teckno
lightlamp
Blixtstorm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Let's start a revolution! Empty
PostSubject: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZlewGCukkk

Now all we have to do is following:

Watch the video, preferably on Youtube.

Comment and "Thumb it up"

This is the verge of a revolution!

IT IS TIME TO ACT NOW!!!

Bronze - Free
Silver - 29.99
Gold - 49.99
Platinum - 69.99

Watch it and comment! We need to get our (the gamers) way! BOYCOTT new XBOX LIVE!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Idk about Reach... lol Ive been waiting too long for it Razz
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 pm

No thanks
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm

This has a 9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Chance not of happening.
Forget all that shit!
Pick what features you want, and base the price on that!
Money Hungry Cunts Mad

Last edited by Teckno on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh gawd...NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE!!!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, I paid for Reach in full, but I will stop paying for Xbox LIVE once it runs out, mainly because I have no reason to keep playing my 360.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am

Nope, nope, nope, nope, NOPE.

I respect Zephyrinix and the idea of Boycotting XBL is a good'un but I cannot.
I need Live too much and I need to play Halo Reach.

I cannot support this I'm afraid. There's gotta be another way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Boycotts have a good history of working. Like the Gamers Union, the L4D2 Boycott, the MW2 PC boycott, and much more that I can't think of right now.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:53 pm

And for this to even work you need more than 1/6 of the current XBL subscribers to unsubscribe in order to make Microsoft loose profit from raising the price to 60 bucks per year.

Think about this. They NOW make 50 bucks a year per subscriber. Next year if the same amount of subscribers pay for XBL they get 60 bucks per person.

This boycott will not work, even if you get every youtuber who plays XBL I doubt it's even near 1/6 of every subscriber. Microsoft will STILL get more profit from this move DESPITE the bad publicity.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Boycotts have a good history of working. Like the Gamers Union, the L4D2 Boycott, the MW2 PC boycott, and much more that I can't think of right now.

What about Blizzards real ID thing?
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Games for Windows Live boycott worked just fine. That's because most PC Gamers dont accept bullshit from people like Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Jamin wrote:
Games for Windows Live boycott worked just fine. That's because most PC Gamers dont accept bullshit from people like Microsoft.

Go head and try it guys. But I'm not going to play offline for a month or 2 just to boycott XBL and end up having it not work anyways.

If it works then thank you for saving me 10 bucks per year.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am

if we boycott then were no better then ps3 fanboys that boycott DMC4 or FF13.......

to be honest their explanation made sense.

- Live was $50 in 2002...........it has way more features now to justify the price increase.
- The dollar rate is also true.........$50 in 2002 is equivalent to $60 now.
- It is also because of PS Plus..................its insulting to have the #1 service at the same price as PS Plus that is still inferior. MS wants to distinguish itself as the premium service.

I have a full time job so really this doesnt bother me...............oh no now I guess I cant have a few coffees on my lunch breaks to make up for it lol Razz
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:39 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
if we boycott then were no better then ps3 fanboys that boycott DMC4 or FF13.......

- Live was $50 in 2002...........it has way more features now to justify the price increase.
- It is also because of PS Plus..................its insulting to have the #1 service at the same price as PS Plus that is still inferior. MS wants to distinguish itself as the premium service.

I have a full time job so really this doesnt bother me...............oh no now I guess I cant have a few coffees on my lunch breaks to make up for it lol Razz
Why was it wrong to boycott DMC4 or FFXIII? The DMC4 PS3 port was disgraceful and there was a ton of content cut from FFXIII when it went multiplat. Those seem like valid reasons to be angry. There's no shame in boycotting anything. I understand sometimes people ask for too much, but the DMC4 and FFXIII boycotts were not asking for too much, and neither is this XBL boycott.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Why was it wrong to boycott DMC4 or FFXIII? The DMC4 PS3 port was disgraceful and there was a ton of content cut from FFXIII when it went multiplat. Those seem like valid reasons to be angry. There's no shame in boycotting anything. I understand sometimes people ask for too much, but the DMC4 and FFXIII boycotts were not asking for too much, and neither is this XBL boycott.

the boycotts were actually to try to cancel the 360 versions out of fanboy anger......thats asking way too much.

boycoting Live over $10.......that too IMO is asking too much.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Ton of content cut for FFXIII? Lmao dude that was a developers decison. The game was like 40 GBs in size yet they decided that most of it should be cutscenes. Don't blame the X360 for FFXIII's linearity. The developers could have EASILY just used ingame compressed cinematics and used the extra space for towns and "extra content". Square just used the X360 as a crutch to dodge the fact that it was their fault the game was ass.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:27 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Ton of content cut for FFXIII? Lmao dude that was a developers decison. The game was like 40 GBs in size yet they decided that most of it should be cutscenes. Don't blame the X360 for FFXIII's linearity. The developers could have EASILY just used ingame compressed cinematics and used the extra space for towns and "extra content". Square just used the X360 as a crutch to dodge the fact that it was their fault the game was ass.

FFXIII looks pretty good to me.

Although I have to agree with you. It wasn't the 360 that was holding FFXIII back, it was Square Enix.

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey weren't linear.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I never said it was the 360's fault for that. Of course it's the developer's fault. That doesn't mean people have to take it. Personally, though, I really liked FFXIII.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am

TRF wrote:
I never said it was the 360's fault for that. Of course it's the developer's fault. That doesn't mean people have to take it. Personally, though, I really liked FFXIII.

Quote :

scratch
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Quote :

scratch
Well of course, they had to cut content because of the 360's format limits, but ultimately it was SE's decision to do so.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Quote :

scratch
Well of course, they had to cut content because of the 360's format limits, but ultimately it was SE's decision to do so.

You mean the game that used up about 45gigs on a duel layered blueray disk?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:41 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Quote :

scratch

You mean the game that used up about 45gigs on a duel layered blueray disk?
I didn't say they had to cut a lot, but they definitely cut some stuff, and it's obviously enough worth boycotting over.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ffxiii-360-less-than-half-the-size-of-ps3-game-blog-entry

You don't get from 39.4GB to 18.3GB by JUST compressing. They obviously cut some stuff out.

Quote :
While the convenience of having the game on a single disc is obviously beneficial, disc-swapping in the Xbox 360 version is kept to a minimum owing to the linear nature of FFXIII itself. Very few locations can be revisited, so there is little actual need to have all three discs installed to the hard drive in the first place, over and above the obvious noise issues related to the Xbox 360 DVD drive.

But who's complaining? Like I said, I loved FFXIII.
Back to top Go down
OnettResident
Seaman Recruit
OnettResident

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Whoa whoa, I only thought they just added 10 bucks to things. I was unaware about this plat stuff.

Can I get more info on this?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 pm

OnettResident wrote:
Whoa whoa, I only thought they just added 10 bucks to things. I was unaware about this plat stuff.

There's no plat or anything, it was just a suggestion. All they're doing is adding ten bucks to the price.
Back to top Go down
OnettResident
Seaman Recruit
OnettResident

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:16 pm

TRF wrote:
OnettResident wrote:

There's no plat or anything, it was just a suggestion. All they're doing is adding ten bucks to the price.

Oh I see, thank God.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's start a revolution!   Let's start a revolution! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's start a revolution!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next