This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review

Go down 
+3
zinc
DemonWolf
Pein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

THE STORY
the story is simply amazing.
the story is about how god and heavens were cast out of the human realm and evil is doing a mayhem and killing every human they can,you play as gabriel belmont,he is a warrior in a brotherhood called the brotherhood of light,and he needs to find out whats going on and stop the evil,from first it seems simply enough but then you realize that you need to get a mask that can control every being,but he needs to defeat the lords of shadow,there are 3 of them and they are very powerful,the story is just unbeliveable in my opinion,it starts very slow at the beginning and its kinda a bit boring but the ending is one of the biggest twists in video game history and you would scream "OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!" like crazy,the ending is what made the story amazing in my opinion and after the credits theres EVEN A BIGGER TWIST!!! oh and the voice acting is awesome,theres patrick stewart and jason issacs

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
OMFG!
thats the only word i can say,the graphics are fucking amazing in this game,every little detail in the cutscenes,the art design,the character models everything looks freaking spectacular,the textures are very well and everything about looks amazing,the design of the creatures are outstanding and i cant bring to myself but to give the graphicis a perfect 10!!

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
well the gameplay is hack n slash,its similar to other hack n slash games which is pretty good,the quick time events are awesome and some of them are pretty brutal,you also have shadow magic and light magic,its kinda like rage meters..the light magic can regenerate your health after every hit you make on a enemy,and shadow magic makes your attacks more powerful and your armor and magic powerful,the game has puzzles that are maybe confusing at first but they can be solved after you think a bit more,they are not difficult,some are but as i said,if you think enough you can solve them,theres also few parts in the game that really remind me of shadow of the colosus,you climb on a big titan or a monster and you have to keep stabbing the weak points on his body,the boss battles are amazing and theres tons of variety in them,and also the enemies..my only problem is the camera in this game and they really hurt the experience sometimes,it really looks bad,sometimes the game freezes on some occasions and then it continues

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the fun factor is high,this game is amazing,everything about this game is almost to perfection,this is the best hack n slash action adventure game for me in this generation,plus this game is really long,its way longer than bayonetta,darksiders,god of war 3 and dante's inferno.its actually over 20 hours just on easy,not to mention the fact that this game is really challenging on normal and really difficult on hard..but after you beat it,you might go back and get stuff that you couldnt get in those stages because you need to backtrack (this is optional) so you can find new rooms and stuff that the abilites in those levels werent upgraded.

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:
CASTLEVANIA:LORDS OF SHADOW GETS A...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Cool. Good review but dang, I hate hack n' slash games XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah, very few hack n slash games appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
if its any hack n slash game you should play,its this one..
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 am

NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
if its any hack n slash game you should play,its this one..

I Agree.
I too hate hack n slash games, they do not appeal to be.
But after playing LOS i had fun, great story to.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 am

I tried the demo and really enjoyed it. I'll give the game a rental at some point.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 pm

i dont get it why did gabe become
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 pm

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
i dont get it why did gabe become
Spoiler:
well we will find out in the sequel
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Im gonna get it. I love Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:19 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

In other words you liked that charming little side scroller game that was on all of the old systems. Not this God Of War clone wrapped in a castlevania theme.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

In other words you liked that charming little side scroller game that was on all of the old systems. Not this God Of War clone wrapped in a castlevania theme.
god of war clone? are you kidding me? god of war copied castlevania.castlevania lament of innocence was released in 2003 and not to mention curse of darkness was released near the time when gow1 came out,god of war is ripping off castlevania not castlevania copying gow
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:21 pm

NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

god of war clone? are you kidding me? god of war copied castlevania.castlevania lament of innocence was released in 2003 and not to mention curse of darkness was released near the time when gow1 came out,god of war is ripping off castlevania not castlevania copying gow
I'm guessing you haven't played Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness. They're NOTHING like God of War (other than the genre). Lords of Shadow, however, looks almost exactly like God of War.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

I tried the demo...not too impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review   Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Castlevania:Lords Of Shadow Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: