This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

Go down 
+21
Ridley's Dad
Mecha
Scolar Visari
Pickles
Jamin
ghana6
Pein
GeneralMLD
DemonWolf
GamerKing
GAYLanced Jack
theone.
Spartan v07
NightFang91
DenEvo
Alan1994
Boba_Fett
TRF
Stigma
Ridley
Shin_Akuma
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
theassassins wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
BS, I bet they'll shut up after reading my post.

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Too bad it won't.

Based off of what?

Open your damn eyes.

Hell I don't even have to say anything I haven't said before. This is copied straight from one of my posts on the PS3 Nation forums.

"SONY has COMPLETELY DOMINATED the industry the last two generations. Prior to 2006 you'd have been sent to the looney bin for suggesting MS would be ahead of SONY in 2011. No matter what SONY does from here on out they are GUARANTEED to be the only console company to lose marketshare this generation, and we are talking a TON of marketshare. End of discussion."

Microsoft DOUBLED their marketshare this generation. Sony LOST more than half their marketshare this generation. No matter who ends up getting 2nd or 3rd, Sony still lost.

Ofcourse, the sales don't have a direct relationship with the quality of the console. I think any new gamer would be perfectly content with either the PS3 or the Xbox 360. JUST SAYING BRO.

Most of the new members come on this forum JUST for the console war section. Some of you SERIOUSLY think that PS3 is better than any console in every single aspect and that your opinion is fact. Some of you guys came here to troll X360 fanboys. This is why I think the Console War section should just be removed. There is a difference between a discussion/debate and flame wars about fanboys that believe their console is better than the other as fact.

Sweet Pwnage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:16 pm

TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Analysts...

"I have long been baffled as to why RTS games don’t work on consoles. I think it is partly because of the nature of the gameplay, it’s single-player and it’s turn-based."

Rolling Eyes

Exactly what kind of diversity is the 360 missing but the PS3 has?
Platformers and sports games (well, one sports game).

Yes, but the PS3 lacks a decent RTS. Atleast in terms of exclusives.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
theassassins wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Too bad it won't.

Based off of what?

Open your damn eyes.

Hell I don't even have to say anything I haven't said before. This is copied straight from one of my posts on the PS3 Nation forums.

"SONY has COMPLETELY DOMINATED the industry the last two generations. Prior to 2006 you'd have been sent to the looney bin for suggesting MS would be ahead of SONY in 2011. No matter what SONY does from here on out they are GUARANTEED to be the only console company to lose marketshare this generation, and we are talking a TON of marketshare. End of discussion."

Microsoft DOUBLED their marketshare this generation. Sony LOST more than half their marketshare this generation. No matter who ends up getting 2nd or 3rd, Sony still lost.

Ofcourse, the sales don't have a direct relationship with the quality of the console. I think any new gamer would be perfectly content with either the PS3 or the Xbox 360. JUST SAYING BRO.

Most of the new members come on this forum JUST for the console war section. Some of you SERIOUSLY think that PS3 is better than any console in every single aspect and that your opinion is fact. Some of you guys came here to troll X360 fanboys. This is why I think the Console War section should just be removed. There is a difference between a discussion/debate and flame wars about fanboys that believe their console is better than the other as fact.

Whoa... calm down there smarty-pants. I was only joking.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm

TBH.. Who gives a fuck about this fake console war stuff anymore? None of this stuff matters to your life outside of video games. The real winner of the console war is the person who's played the most games not consoles. Games>consoles.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:33 pm

But the question is. Will Sony surpass Microsoft in sales in 2011?

Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 pm

theassassins wrote:
TBH.. Who gives a fuck about this fake console war stuff anymore? None of this stuff matters to your life outside of video games. The real winner of the console war is the person who's played the most games not consoles. Games>consoles.

If only it were that simple. Although I bet we are going to see alot of similar post like yours if Sony surpasses Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
theassassins wrote:

If only it were that simple. Although I bet we are going to see alot of similar post like yours if Sony surpasses Microsoft.

Yeah, we probably will actually.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Also Firebird Studios(New Studio for M$) is planing on making a new game for the 360. The game is unannounced

Really? I haven't even heard of that company. Did Microsoft just buy that company recently?

I think it is new, because I looked it up on Wikipedia and on some other sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Game_Studios#Software_Development_Studios

http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2010/06/firebird-studios-dedicated-graphics-department-for-xbox-360/

Thats all I got. I think it is a first Party dev and is a studio that is suppose to push Xbox games to the next level.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:

Who knows,but i know that in late 2008 the same thing was said for 2009 and even 2010.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:

Who knows,but i know that in late 2008 the same thing was said for 2009 and even 2010.
The people that said that before were never considering the fact that the other consoles would continue to sell. That's a very easy thing for fanboys to over look.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.
It's still a stupid term.

Um and? You can call it multiplat not on (INSERT EVERY PLATFORM IN EXISTANCE HERE), or you can call it console exclusive or some shit.
lolwut? If it's on more than one platform, then it's not an exclusive. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Um and? You can call it multiplat not on (INSERT EVERY PLATFORM IN EXISTANCE HERE), or you can call it console exclusive or some shit.
lolwut? If it's on more than one platform, then it's not an exclusive. Simple as that.

You know all these precious PS3 exclusives? Ya in a couple of years you'll be able to play them off an emulator on a PC. clown

Thus demoting their exclusive status.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

You know all these precious PS3 exclusives? Ya in a couple of years you'll be able to play them off an emulator on a PC. clown

Emulate. Key word, bro.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

depends,console exclusive counts.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Well you clearly proved me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Emulate. Key word, bro.

Neutral

You're still playing it on a PC.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Emulate. Key word, bro.

Neutral

So your argument is that if a PC can play it with an emulator then it's not exclusive, but if the PC can play a game without an emulator and it's not on PS3, then it is exclusive? scratch
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 pm

TRF wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Console exclusive is pretty self explanatory. What these guys and mld means is that the competitor doesn't have it so any possible advantage that game has will be given to xbox. Like mgs 1 and ff 7 were on pc but ps1 had the advantage it sold ps1 systems regardless since sega saturn and N64 didn't get them.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:21 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Emulate. Key word, bro.

Neutral

Oh, so it doesn't need to be an official release to affect its exclusivity status. Ok. Razz But still, you don't get the word "Emulate", nor do you know what sort of files are required in order to emulate something. Nor do you understand the legality surrounding emulation. Jump off the subject, BS. Save yourself.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Console exclusive is pretty self explanatory. What these guys and mld means is that the competitor doesn't have it so any possible advantage that game has will be given to xbox. Like mgs 1 and ff 7 were on pc but ps1 had the advantage it sold ps1 systems regardless since sega saturn and N64 didn't get them.
Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII were initially exclusives, which is why they sold PSone systems and not gaming PCs. Besides, an exclusive is categorized by its availability, not by the fact that it gives a system an advantage. By that logic, Call of Duty should be a 360 exclusive, even though the versions are pretty much equal on all three systems.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

MS's Ownage And domination spread along this month, tough PS3 has GT5 releasing in the end of the month.... Both Kinect and GT5 are console sellers, the latter maybe even more so, since a (FULL) GT game hasnt been released in 5/6 years.... The casuals HAVE surprised us before though, look at the wii, a console a great deal of people are growing out off.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

TRF wrote:

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII were initially exclusives, which is why they sold PSone systems and not gaming PCs. Besides, an exclusive is categorized by its availability, not by the fact that it gives a system an advantage. By that logic, Call of Duty should be a 360 exclusive, even though the versions are pretty much equal on all three systems.
......exclusive based on who the game gives an advantage to...that is one of the most imbecilic things I've ever heard. No Gaming has truly changed for the worse this generation. The one thing that this generation has that the others didn't was a huge sense of desperation in the gaming community, and the companies. Fear and desperation has changed everything.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

......exclusive based on who the game gives an advantage to...that is one of the most imbecilic things I've ever heard. No Gaming has truly changed for the worse this generation. The one thing that this generation has that the others didn't was a huge sense of desperation in the gaming community, and the companies. Fear and desperation has changed everything.
I don't remember moronic fanboyism being as rampant during previous generations, either.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:36 pm

TRF wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.

Yea but if it came out the same day do you really think they would have not sold ps1's with those games?it would. Also what i mean is that is why guys like mld mention it as an exclusive,since it will give Microsoft an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

Just the way it is. good things came this gen though,even for sony. since they are in last place it pushes them to make more games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: