This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

Go down 
+21
Ridley's Dad
Mecha
Scolar Visari
Pickles
Jamin
ghana6
Pein
GeneralMLD
DemonWolf
GamerKing
GAYLanced Jack
theone.
Spartan v07
NightFang91
DenEvo
Alan1994
Boba_Fett
TRF
Stigma
Ridley
Shin_Akuma
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 am

TRF wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII were initially exclusives, which is why they sold PSone systems and not gaming PCs. Besides, an exclusive is categorized by its availability, not by the fact that it gives a system an advantage. By that logic, Call of Duty should be a 360 exclusive, even though the versions are pretty much equal on all three systems.
......exclusive based on who the game gives an advantage to...that is one of the most imbecilic things I've ever heard. No Gaming has truly changed for the worse this generation. The one thing that this generation has that the others didn't was a huge sense of desperation in the gaming community, and the companies. Fear and desperation has changed everything.
I don't remember moronic fanboyism being as rampant during previous generations, either.

thats because for the first time a certain fanboy group that will remain nameless..................cant take it that they are last place when they are accustomed to 1st
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII were initially exclusives, which is why they sold PSone systems and not gaming PCs. Besides, an exclusive is categorized by its availability, not by the fact that it gives a system an advantage. By that logic, Call of Duty should be a 360 exclusive, even though the versions are pretty much equal on all three systems.
......exclusive based on who the game gives an advantage to...that is one of the most imbecilic things I've ever heard. No Gaming has truly changed for the worse this generation. The one thing that this generation has that the others didn't was a huge sense of desperation in the gaming community, and the companies. Fear and desperation has changed everything.

agreed. it is sad but sadly definitions of words do change over the course of history

exclusivity in the gaming sense no longer means "only available on one platform", the companies and fanboys have essentially changed it to "who it gives the most, if not all, revenue"

in which case, COD is being considered by more and more as a 360 exclusive, as it is again considered moronic to buy any other version.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

agreed. it is sad but sadly definitions of words do change over the course of history

exclusivity in the gaming sense no longer means "only available on one platform", the companies and fanboys have essentially changed it to "who it gives the most, if not all, revenue"

in which case, COD is being considered by more and more as a 360 exclusive, as it is again considered moronic to buy any other version.
Dont. Fanboys bent the word to fit THEIR agenda. That doesn't change the meaning, it just merely shows people are willing to delude themselves, and companies will cater to said fanboys. No meaning has been changed, the gaming we used to know is still here, its just buried under all the mud that fanboys sling. =/
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 Oxqtc-1
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 am

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

Dont. Fanboys bent the word to fit THEIR agenda. That doesn't change the meaning, it just merely shows people are willing to delude themselves, and companies will cater to said fanboys. No meaning has been changed, the gaming we used to know is still here, its just buried under all the mud that fanboys sling. =/

actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

now, exclusive in the gaming sense.....is changing as we speak, like it or not.

Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:33 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

actually definitions of some words do change over time. Fag, Gay (off the top of my head here) all meant different things over different generations.

I hate that people use the term gay as an insult. Even to inanimate objects.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
thats because for the first time a certain fanboy group that will remain nameless..................cant take it that they are last place when they are accustomed to 1st
I'm pretty sure most PS3 fans don't care that their console sells the least. You make arguments about how the Gamecube gained no support while it was in last place, but that was mainly because a.) it used a very different disc format compared to other consoles, and b.) the sales gap was incredibly large. The PS3 and 360 are practically tied, and a 3 million gap isn't going to sway many developers to provide exclusive support for the 360 over the PS3.

GeneralMLD wrote:
Only by you, maybe. The versions run equally across all HD platforms, and from what I hear, it runs well on the Wii also. If I have more friends playing it on PS3, then it would be moronic of me to buy it for the 360. PC version has mods, no? So wouldn't it be moronic not to buy it on PC? And hell, it you like motion controls, then it would be pretty moronic to not buy it on the Wii. If you want the map packs before anyone else, then it would be moronic to not buy it on the 360. The versions are all the same (except for the Wii, which, again, is a good buy regardless, and especially if you like motion controls).

GeneralMLD wrote:

Yes, but "gay" and "fag" were always slang words. "Exclusive" will always mean "only available in one place or on one platform". Please define "console exclusive" without using the word "PC".
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 pm

I agree with Jamin on the whole "Gaming has changed for the worse this gen" I remember last gen hardly anyone cared about sales, exclusives, and market share.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:
I agree with Jamin on the whole "Gaming has changed for the worse this gen" I remember last gen hardly anyone cared about sales, exclusives, and market share.
Exactly, because PS2 stole all three of those categories. Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Pickles wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:

I hate that people use the term gay as an insult. Even to inanimate objects.

lol I use it all the time. It doesn't mean I've got anything against gays, I just got used to using it because I started saying it in primary school, carried on all my life Razz
Hell, I've met some gay people who use it as a derogatory term, so how bad can it be? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
I'm pretty sure most PS3 fans don't care that their console sells the least. You make arguments about how the Gamecube gained no support while it was in last place, but that was mainly because a.) it used a very different disc format compared to other consoles, and b.) the sales gap was incredibly large. The PS3 and 360 are practically tied, and a 3 million gap isn't going to sway many developers to provide exclusive support for the 360 over the PS3.

GeneralMLD wrote:
Only by you, maybe. The versions run equally across all HD platforms, and from what I hear, it runs well on the Wii also. If I have more friends playing it on PS3, then it would be moronic of me to buy it for the 360. PC version has mods, no? So wouldn't it be moronic not to buy it on PC? And hell, it you like motion controls, then it would be pretty moronic to not buy it on the Wii. If you want the map packs before anyone else, then it would be moronic to not buy it on the 360. The versions are all the same (except for the Wii, which, again, is a good buy regardless, and especially if you like motion controls).

GeneralMLD wrote:

Yes, but "gay" and "fag" were always slang words. "Exclusive" will always mean "only available in one place or on one platform". Please define "console exclusive" without using the word "PC".

agreed with most but the COD part not so much. sales speak for themselves.......60% of it all was on 360, over 4 million on LIVE as opposed to 700000 on PSN. Regardless of your taste, if your friends all have ps3, if u like motion, you like PC mods, it is considered moronic to buy a non-360 version.

just saying, its your choice and preference, just know your a moron if you buy a non 360 copy Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
agreed with most but the COD part not so much. sales speak for themselves.......60% of it all was on 360, over 4 million on LIVE as opposed to 700000 on PSN. Regardless of your taste, if your friends all have ps3, if u like motion, you like PC mods, it is considered moronic to buy a non-360 version.
Why is it moronic? 700,000 people is still plenty of people to play with. I'd be a moron if I bought the 360 version when my friends bought the PS3 version. I'd be a moron if I wanted mods but still bought the 360 version. I'd be a moron if I wanted motion controls and didn't buy the Wii version. I'd be a moron if I wanted the map packs as soon as possible and didn't buy the 360 version. It's all preference, it doesn't make you a moron (unless you bought the DS version Razz).

Your sales numbers only prove that more people prefer to play Black Ops online on the 360. It doesn't make the minority opinion moronic, especially considering the fact that the game is the same on both 360 and PS3.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Why is it moronic? 700,000 people is still plenty of people to play with. I'd be a moron if I bought the 360 version when my friends bought the PS3 version. I'd be a moron if I wanted mods but still bought the 360 version. I'd be a moron if I wanted motion controls and didn't buy the Wii version. I'd be a moron if I wanted the map packs as soon as possible and didn't buy the 360 version. It's all preference, it doesn't make you a moron (unless you bought the DS version Razz).

Your sales numbers only prove that more people prefer to play Black Ops online on the 360. It doesn't make the minority opinion moronic, especially considering the fact that the game is the same on both 360 and PS3.

no it is not teh same

the controller is different, LIVE has more headsets then PSN, LIVE in general being very community oriented, cross game chat and party system, custom soundtrack within the game, DLC timed exclusivity, and even the textures look better on 360 slightly

either way, it all adds up
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

no it is not teh same

the controller is different, LIVE has more headsets then PSN, LIVE in general being very community oriented, cross game chat and party system, custom soundtrack within the game, DLC timed exclusivity, and even the textures look better on 360 slightly

Yes, but whether or not those things matter is opinion. Personally, I prefer L1 and R1 on PS3 for shooting, I don't like talking to little children on Xbox LIVE, I don't use custom soundtracks, I'm not going to buy the DLC anyways, and the textures aren't enough to sway me towards the 360 version. Yes, I like the Party system, but if I have more friends playing it on PS3, then that will outweigh the party system.

You listed a bunch of facts and expect their significance to be universal, but their importance really does vary from person to person.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

no it is not teh same

Yes, but whether or not those things matter is opinion. Personally, I prefer L1 and R1 on PS3 for shooting, I don't like talking to little children on Xbox LIVE, I don't use custom soundtracks, I'm not going to buy the DLC anyways, and the textures aren't enough to sway me towards the 360 version. Yes, I like the Party system, but if I have more friends playing it on PS3, then that will outweigh the party system.

You listed a bunch of facts and expect their significance to be universal, but their importance really does vary from person to person.

not to mention the 360 version of every COD game has more campers and little kids.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

I heard that the PS3 version of "Call of Duty: Black Ops" has more technical problems then the Xbox 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
I heard that the PS3 version of "Call of Duty: Black Ops" has more technical problems then the Xbox 360 version.

Multiplat games that were developed for the 360/PC perform worse on a shoddy PS3 port?

STOP THE PRESSES
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Wow, a certain someone lives in Egypt....by a damn river. The truth of the matter is this... no matter what reviews and all that crap, the winner this generation has to have the SALES and USER BASE. and, no matter how much you bicker about little things, the numbers speak for themselves. 360 is the David that butt raped Goliath, it got a few slashes and cuts along the way but at the end of TODAY 360 is STILL on top. Our exclusives, as "inferior" as you want to call them, sell ( as a whole) more consistently than PS3 ones. Even though this generation the multiplats are the ones getting the big money... and the best multiplats are where? ... Thank you
Back to top Go down
Ridley's Dad

Ridley's Dad

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 pm

DenEvo wrote:
sales mean everything

Nope.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Lolwut, do you even write more than three words on your posts?
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:59 pm

The scene has changed and it keeps changing... whoever cant see that, is in fact, desperate.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

LMAO!! Wow, MLD. That is not what is happening here. Admit it, you and others just delude the term exclusive just to fit your agenda. The term exclusive has not changed, but keep sticking "console", "2010", "Microsoft", and other words in front of exclusive to make yourselves feel better. Its the clearest portrayal of desperation. What a Face You "feel" that something has to "change" or is "changing" in order for you to "win". Razz Like I said, this generation has shown the highest levels of desperation.

It's 360 vs PS3 though. A game like Splinter Cell Conviction isn't an exclusive, but it's a console exclusive (a term used by Sony itself) and counts against the PS3 in a debate. If you just go, "it's on the PC!", then the free online, better graphics, better multimedia, no batteries or play and charge kit, etc. is rendered pointless as well as the PC does the same or does it better. Hell everyone might as well just turn into a PC elitist at that point! Console exclusives count cause well, most people don't play on a PC and a PS3, and because there is little debate to be had if you exclude all those points.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:00 pm

DenEvo wrote:
Wow, a certain someone lives in Egypt....by a damn river. The truth of the matter is this... no matter what reviews and all that crap, the winner this generation has to have the SALES and USER BASE. and, no matter how much you bicker about little things, the numbers speak for themselves. 360 is the David that butt raped Goliath, it got a few slashes and cuts along the way but at the end of TODAY 360 is STILL on top. Our exclusives, as "inferior" as you want to call them, sell ( as a whole) more consistently than PS3 ones. Even though this generation the multiplats are the ones getting the big money... and the best multiplats are where? ... Thank you
lolwut . . . the 360 hasn't moved at all. Nintendo destroyed Sony (and Microsoft) and basically switched places with them. The 360 isn't on top. As for where the best multiplats are . . . again, LOLWUT????????????????????

[quote="BlackStigma"]It's 360 vs PS3 though. A game like Splinter Cell Conviction isn't an exclusive, but it's a console exclusive (a term used by Sony itself) and counts against the PS3 in a debate. If you just go, "it's on the PC!", then the free online, better graphics, better multimedia, no batteries or play and charge kit, etc. is rendered pointless as well as the PC does the same or does it better. Hell everyone might as well just turn into a PC elitist at that point! Console exclusives count cause well, most people don't play on a PC and a PS3, and because there is little debate to be had if you exclude all those points.[/quote
So you pretend certain games don't exist in order to boost the 360's exclusive library.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

i discourage the use of console/MS exclusive, u know that. I say "360 game not on PS3". It aint catchy lol but thats what I say.

but nothing wrong with making a 2010 specific list like im doing now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: