This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Quote :
Call of Duty: Black Ops continues to mark off milestones, as Activision today announced that the Treyarch first-person shooter has reaped $1 billion in revenues since its November 9 debut. According to the publisher, "in all of entertainment," only James Cameron's blockbuster film Avatar has managed to break the billion-dollar mark that quickly.

With $1 billion in the bank, Black Ops .

It helped that Black Ops got off to a fast start. In the first 24 hours, 5.6 million gamers answered the latest Call of Duty for a total of $360 million in sales. Within the first five days, Black Ops sales had reached $650 million. Those numbers trumped last year's opening for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which posted a 4.7 million unit, $310 million one-day total, and reached $550 million in five days.

Naturally, people aren't just buying the game; they're also playing it in abundance. Activision claimed players have spent more than 600 million hours with Black Ops. The publisher cited statistics from Microsoft that the average player logs on to the game more than once a day, with each session lasting more than an hour. Additionally, more than half of that playtime, on average, is spent in the game's online modes.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285717.html?tag=recent_news%3Btitle%3B1

Well Damn!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

See, the thing I hatec about cod getting so many sales is that its hurts many others games out there with multiplayer.Halo included(even though Halo does have a big multiplayer)

i cant beleive after MW2 that black ops would seel even more.And unfortunatly the fact that black ops sold more is going to convince activision to make more and more and more cod games.Thus causing loads of trouble for other multiplayers.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
See, the thing I hatec about cod getting so many sales is that its hurts many others games out there with multiplayer.Halo included(even though Halo does have a big multiplayer)

i cant beleive after MW2 that black ops would seel even more.And unfortunatly the fact that black ops sold more is going to convince activision to make more and more and more cod games.Thus causing loads of trouble for other multiplayers.

It also hurts my beloved Assassins' Creed Brotherhood. AC Brotherhood is great online and almost noone plays it online, anymore. Pisses me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Dev's see this and think that if they focus on MP more then their games will sell. And that means singleplayer is being pushed aside. And singleplayer > multiplayer in most cases.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm done with this franchise now. It's already been burned to the ground in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

IM DONE!!!! THANK GOD MY BROTHER IS GOING TO COLLEGE NEXT YEAR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion   Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops tops $1 billion
Page 1 of 1