This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!

Go down 
+16
Stigma
ghost23
Invincible
7th
Paratrooper1n0
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
GeneralMLD
Ihsahn
Stoney
igame
Teckno
PureSexySound
cigar
Ozsem
Skycrawler
Blackou7
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 am

Do you think this is a major blow to 360? Would have been nice to steal an exclusive from PS3, oh well.

Here is the link http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/18/square_enix_premier_live_blog/

inbefore7th coming in to say it won't be linear like FF13 Razz
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Honestly "stealing" an exclusive makes 360 sound pathetic. Just say, "It would've been nice to have it on 360 too". With that said I'm actually kind've glad it'll stay exclusive. I wanna see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Tbh im not fully convinced yet that it will be only PS3 till the last minute. Companies do this with games most of the time. Plus im wondering why they wanted to hire a people with "development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title" on the job listing news a while back. Plus this is the same company which said "Final Fantasy XIII will be an PS3 exclusive in Japan" which ended up having the 360 version aswell.

Square Enix shouldn't be too confident since thier last two of thier last Final Fantasies have been nothing, but big flops. Also to mention that FF XIII was one of the games biggest flops of last year. AND, and this is a big and to what we all know about sales wise (no point repeating it since we all know about games from 360/PS3 blah blah blah.)

I'll mainly wait till more news comes from this and what gets mentioned at this years E3 aswell.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm

It's pretty simple. If it has to stay on PS3 to live up to its potential then so be it. But if the product doesn't take a hit (either graphically or gameplaywise) by going multiplat, then by all means make it multiplat. More gamers=more sales, and if the product is good then it should be available to everyone.

Think of it this way. If Versus XIII is great, then the PS3 will have yet another great exclusive. If Versus XIII is a piece of crap, then it'll just be another reason to talk shit about PS3. It's a win-win for gamers everywhere.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

The trailer for it is masterful... This is the first FF game I have been hyped for... Ever xD

Btw, Cigar, people who use this game as an excuse to talk shit about the Ps3 aren't gamers, but fanboys, there is a massive difference. So either this game is a win or a fail. It better be a win Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Tbh im not fully convinced yet that it will be only PS3 till the last minute. Companies do this with games most of the time. Plus im wondering why they wanted to hire a people with "development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title" on the job listing news a while back.

FFXIII - 2?
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Wasn't the event in Japan? they wouldn't announce anything about it coming to 360 there, cuz no one there would care, if its not announced at E3 this year, then it will pretty much be for sure that it won't be coming to the 360.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:
Tbh im not fully convinced yet that it will be only PS3 till the last minute. Companies do this with games most of the time. Plus im wondering why they wanted to hire a people with "development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title" on the job listing news a while back.

FFXIII - 2?

Nope, FFXIII-2 is going to be multiplat...
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:57 pm

cigar wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

FFXIII - 2?

Nope, FFXIII-2 is going to be multiplat...

That's what I meant, twat.

They wanted to hire 360 developers for XIII -2?
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

FFXIII - 2?

Thats possible. Makes no sense for Square Enix to put XIII, XIII-2, but not Versus.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 am

Final Fantasy has being terrible ever since X, either that or I grew out of it, can't really tell . .
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

FFXIII - 2?

Thats possible. Makes no sense for Square Enix to put XIII, XIII-2, but not Versus.

Well, Versus is being headed by Nomura. Nomura is an uber-PS3-fanboy.

Also, Versus isn't linear (confirmed). Nomura said that the world will most resemble Final Fantasy VII in it's open(ness). That world was huge.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

FFXIII - 2?

Well, Versus is being headed by Nomura. Nomura is an uber-PS3-fanboy.

Also, Versus isn't linear (confirmed). Nomura said that the world will most resemble Final Fantasy VII in it's open(ness). That world was huge.
It wasn't that big. It just had enough content to justify being open world and managed to stay fresh and interesting all throughout.

I'm glad it's PS3 exclusive, though. It won't need 8 discs to play Razz
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am

Skycrawler wrote:
Honestly "stealing" an exclusive makes 360 sound pathetic. Just say, "It would've been nice to have it on 360 too". With that said I'm actually kind've glad it'll stay exclusive. I wanna see how it turns out.

Quite the opposite....stealing an exclusive is just another way of showing the decline of Sony over past gens.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:09 am

I've never cared for the FF series if i'm honest although i'm aware that the fan favourite was FF VII. According to a couple of my mates who are huge on the series VERSUS is been made by the guy who wrote VII. Whether that means anything or not is up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

Quite the opposite....stealing an exclusive is just another way of showing the decline of Sony over past gens.
I think if someone said PS3 "stole" Lost Planet 2 and Bioshock, I would think the same thing-Just makes it seem like they have nothing better to offer than "robbing" someone else. Yes its stupid but its just what I think

Razz
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:53 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I've never cared for the FF series if i'm honest although i'm aware that the fan favourite was FF VII. According to a couple of my mates who are huge on the series VERSUS is been made by the guy who wrote VII. Whether that means anything or not is up to you guys.

It means everything.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:46 pm

It does. I hate to jump on the FF7 fanboyism/bangwagon, but that was my personal favorite long before I knew how overrated it was.

Spectacular RPG.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm

The fact that Nomura is the lead director of Versus already has a certification of greatness.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:03 am

I prefered VIII and IX. Did Nomura only write VII, or did he play any part in future games?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Eww, 8. Shudder. Bad memories.

If he has, he hasn't done well since 9.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Stoney wrote:
I prefered VIII and IX. Did Nomura only write VII, or did he play any part in future games?

I only think he did VII & IX.

Nomura doesn't normally lead-direct games.

He's known for his character design.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am

That would be the first exclusive they would steal. I might get the item if it is good but I shall wait and see.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

Well pull a bioshock for ps3 and get it a year later or something.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Well pull a bioshock for ps3 and get it a year later or something.
Whatever makes you sleep MLD. bom

Edit: Or a Mass Effect 2 rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!   Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3! Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains exclusive to PS3!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next