This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DS vs. PSP

Go down 
+21
Bluenose
s2000Joker
Invincible
Stoney
3DO Teabagger
Superkingz2
miroforlife
Pickles
DarkSwarm85
Pein
Lt Xplosi
the RPG guy
Arbiteris
Stigma
joe11
3DO Was Something
xjosh360s
DemonWolf
Angel In Black
ghost23
Kendo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

DS vs. PSP - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm

joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
Na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media options, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me you're joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP… PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... Actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games," how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chinatown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disagree, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excellent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.
this is ds vs psp there is no iphone in it. an iphone is a phone not a handheld

our saying im acting like a ps3 fanboy but Ur bringing in the iphone which is not a handheld, like how ps3 fans bring the p.c. so owned

the ds has more games but the psp is a better overall in online, gameplay Imo, mutiplates, dlc, dc, and media options console and ds is like psn while psp is live because psp's online destroys ds

Also does Ur beloved iphone watch movies, and have umds
Ok about the iPhone. But I do not even own one. I did not mention the iPhone, I said the iPod Touch, only thing about a phone I mentioned was the Windows Phone 7 Series (which the OS is made by Microsoft and has Xbox LIVE support). So...... yeah. When do you play online on a handheld usually? I dont play online on a handheld. Due to the fact my Wifi sucks in my house. The iPhone/iPod Touch does play movies, you download them from iTunes. Analysts believe the iPod Touch to be a platform, Apple believes the iPod Touch to be a platform, hell even Sony and Nintendo (Reggie Fils-Aime) believe the iPod Touch to be a platform. Im going by what the market thinks when I mention that. Who cares about UMDs? Obviously UMD movies were flawed and downgraded DVD movies with so much content cut out, but now they are irrelevant for movies because they did not do well and are no longer supported. They are only supported for games. I bought a PSPgo to stay away from UMD (also bought it because of its design).

Oh and about the multi plats, multi plats from console to PSP suck tbh, they are downgraded and usually play like a PS2 game (which without the second analog stick does not work as well). Btw Sony rarely puts movies on the stores due to them wanting Bluray to sell.

Btw I was talking about if you like media options get an iPod. When did I mention it being a handheld (using the term handheld)?
but still u don't get the point its psp vs ds no ipod

So what the psp can play more movies that the ds and can the ds even do that I don't think so.

when at least the psp mutiplates beat the ds and don't add the consoles to it about mulitpltes keep it psp vs ds this its handheld wars
EX: chinatown wars beats the ds version of the ds in every aspect
lol ds exclusives beat both the psp multiplats and exclusive
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me your joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP.. PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games", how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chiantown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disgaea, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excelent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.

Ipod Touch doesn't come into this.

In fact, why are we even talking about multimedia? That's what ps3 fanboys do when they can't win in the games argument. Shows that putting ds against psp's awesomeness is futile. We all know psp is better, so better that you need to resort to mentioning cameras & stuff & bring in other systems lmao!

And wtf!!
Who cares if the games are ports?! Can you bring your ps2 or ps3 on the train with you and play it?!
Come on then, show us!!!!

And ds has NOT got more A,AA,AAA games really. The best ds games would get like 5/10 on psp just because psp standards are set way higher.

Look, Gta CHinatown Wars is improved in EVERY single aspect on psp yet look, it got a LOWER score.

Why?

You expect more from psp.
I was talking about how if you like media go for an iPod since Joe mentioned it has better media than the DS. But the fact remains that the DS was made for gaming, not media. I would not want to bring my PS2 or PS3 with me on the train (as ports), I would rather bring my 360 with me (Windows Phone 7 Series) or my DS. Most of the DS ports are half assed inferior versions due to most of the games being built on the DS first, many require the touch screen and some are even ported with not enough development. Kinda like 360 games being port to the PS3. I use my PSP quite often, only reason is because I have not gotten any new DS games (new Zelda comes to mind).

iPod Touch is a platform, does it beat the PSP and DS in gaming, hell no. Does it beat them in media, yes it does. Thats quite obvious. Btw the PSP having ports is not a bad thing, but is not a good thing either. I expect original games most of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 pm

joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
Na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media options, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me you're joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP… PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... Actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games," how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chinatown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disagree, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excellent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.
this is ds vs psp there is no iphone in it. an iphone is a phone not a handheld

our saying im acting like a ps3 fanboy but Ur bringing in the iphone which is not a handheld, like how ps3 fans bring the p.c. so owned

the ds has more games but the psp is a better overall in online, gameplay Imo, mutiplates, dlc, dc, and media options console and ds is like psn while psp is live because psp's online destroys ds

Also does Ur beloved iphone watch movies, and have umds
Ok about the iPhone. But I do not even own one. I did not mention the iPhone, I said the iPod Touch, only thing about a phone I mentioned was the Windows Phone 7 Series (which the OS is made by Microsoft and has Xbox LIVE support). So...... yeah. When do you play online on a handheld usually? I dont play online on a handheld. Due to the fact my Wifi sucks in my house. The iPhone/iPod Touch does play movies, you download them from iTunes. Analysts believe the iPod Touch to be a platform, Apple believes the iPod Touch to be a platform, hell even Sony and Nintendo (Reggie Fils-Aime) believe the iPod Touch to be a platform. Im going by what the market thinks when I mention that. Who cares about UMDs? Obviously UMD movies were flawed and downgraded DVD movies with so much content cut out, but now they are irrelevant for movies because they did not do well and are no longer supported. They are only supported for games. I bought a PSPgo to stay away from UMD (also bought it because of its design).

Oh and about the multi plats, multi plats from console to PSP suck tbh, they are downgraded and usually play like a PS2 game (which without the second analog stick does not work as well). Btw Sony rarely puts movies on the stores due to them wanting Bluray to sell.

Btw I was talking about if you like media options get an iPod. When did I mention it being a handheld (using the term handheld)?
but still u don't get the point its psp vs ds no ipod

So what the psp can play more movies that the ds and can the ds even do that I don't think so.

when at least the psp mutiplates beat the ds and don't add the consoles to it about mulitpltes keep it psp vs ds this its handheld wars
EX: chinatown wars beats the ds version of the ds in every aspect
Ok... the fact remains that the DS was not made for movies. Most PSP movies suck btw to be precise. Why would you wanna watch movies (UMD movies which are inferior and not supported) on a non portable (the 3000 is not really portable) device? I think the PSP should be determined superior because of the amount of games, and the amount of quality in games. Not movies or any other media. iPod sucks for gaming because of lack of quality of games. PSP sucks (not really but somewhat) due to the lack of games compared to the competition. DS has a mixture of both.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:24 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me your joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP.. PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games", how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chiantown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disgaea, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excelent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.

In fact, why are we even talking about multimedia? That's what ps3 fanboys do when they can't win in the games argument. Shows that putting ds against psp's awesomeness is futile. We all know psp is better, so better that you need to resort to mentioning cameras & stuff & bring in other systems lmao!

And wtf!!
Who cares if the games are ports?! Can you bring your ps2 or ps3 on the train with you and play it?!

And ds has NOT got more A,AA,AAA games really. The best ds games would get like 5/10 on psp just because psp standards are set way higher.

Look, Gta CHinatown Wars is improved in EVERY single aspect on psp yet look, it got a LOWER score.

Why?

I was talking about how if you like media go for an iPod since Joe mentioned it has better media than the DS. But the fact remains that the DS was made for gaming, not media. I would not want to bring my PS2 or PS3 with me on the train (as ports), I would rather bring my 360 with me (Windows Phone 7 Series) or my DS. Most of the DS ports are half assed inferior versions due to most of the games being built on the DS first, many require the touch screen and some are even ported with not enough development. Kinda like 360 games being port to the PS3. I use my PSP quite often, only reason is because I have not gotten any new DS games (new Zelda comes to mind).

iPod Touch is a platform, does it beat the PSP and DS in gaming, hell no. Does it beat them in media, yes it does. Thats quite obvious. Btw the PSP having ports is not a bad thing, but is not a good thing either. I expect original games most of the time.

Oh my god, are you being serious here?
LMFAO "i would not want to bring my ps2 or ps3 with me on the train, I would rather bring my 360"
xD do you get what I was trying to tell you?

Let's go over it

Ok firstly, yeah ok I agree about the multimedia thing so that's covered.
Now, you claimed psp games are ports and acted as if that's a bad thing.
My counter to that is that it's a handheld gaming console, the point of having ports is so you can continue the console experience wherever you are. You cannot bring a f**** 360 or ps3 or ps2 on the train with you! THAT's where psp comes in. It gives you a similar experience if not the same experience. In your free time @ home you most likely don't play a snes, you play a 360. Like you even said, you would like to bring a 360 on the train with you.
Well, now you can!
All you need to do is bring your psp!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!
YAHOOO!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!! YAYZZZ!!!! YIPPEEEZZ WOOT WOOT !!!

And psp has plenty of original titles, I don't know what you're trying to say.
Are you saying original in terms of games that aren't on any other console? You do realise systems have to have multiplatform titles!! Psp has plenty of exclusives too.
Believe it or not but most of the familiar ps3 titles were built from the ground up for the psp. Eg: littlebigplanet, motorstorm, gran turismo, etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

LMFAO "i would not want to bring my ps2 or ps3 with me on the train, I would rather bring my 360"

Let's go over it

My counter to that is that it's a handheld gaming console, the point of having ports is so you can continue the console experience wherever you are. You cannot bring a f**** 360 or ps3 or ps2 on the train with you! THAT's where psp comes in. It gives you a similar experience if not the same experience. In your free time @ home you most likely don't play a snes, you play a 360. Like you even said, you would like to bring a 360 on the train with you.
Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

Are you saying original in terms of games that aren't on any other console? You do realise systems have to have multiplatform titles!! Psp has plenty of exclusives too.
Believe it or not but most of the familiar ps3 titles were built from the ground up for the psp. Eg: littlebigplanet, motorstorm, gran turismo, etc
Lol I do get what you were trying to tell me of course. This is just a little thing called a joke. Man no one gets it. By 360 I meant of course the upcoming Windows Phone 7 series (which has Xbox Live support and is gonna have gaming support to be unveiled this week in MIX10). So... yeah. All Sony has for PSP are ports/remakes/third party franchises.I understand that the PSP and others need multiplatform titles. But considering this is a handheld it should have a lot more (considering most multiplats are for consoles). GT on PSP I hear is not that good. Maybe its just me.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

Let's go over it

Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

lol are u seriously comparing the psp with 360??? lol psp is nothing like 360 dude and the thing is that hand helds and real home consoles are different why would u want to play fps in a hand held to me it makes no sense to be honest 2d games are more cut out for hand helds exept for 3d like games like (zelda and pokemon they arent fully 3d anyways) and again u cannot compare console with hand helds there two completely different experiences ds is clearly the handheld that has more games suited for its controls unlike the psp u cannot play a tps with 2 bumpers u cannot play 3d games with 1 analog stick u cannot play awesome games on psp its impossible ds clearly has both the features and the games theres no point for this post to keep going on ds won 5 pages ago
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

Let's go over it

Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

lol are u seriously comparing the psp with 360??? lol psp is nothing like 360 dude and the thing is that hand helds and real home consoles are different why would u want to play fps in a hand held to me it makes no sense to be honest 2d games are more cut out for hand helds exept for 3d like games like (zelda and pokemon they arent fully 3d anyways) and again u cannot compare console with hand helds there two completely different experiences ds is clearly the handheld that has more games suited for its controls unlike the psp u cannot play a tps with 2 bumpers u cannot play 3d games with 1 analog stick u cannot play awesome games on psp its impossible ds clearly has both the features and the games theres no point for this post to keep going on ds won 5 pages ago

THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT!!!
You would think that 2D games are better suited for handhelds and for the most part that makes sense BUT the psp says NOOOOOO to that and gives you a console experience wherever you like!!!
So there's no need for compromise. When you turn of your 360 to go out somewhere, you're raelly not leaving it behind, you can carry on Tekken or whatever on psp!
Ds gives you a different experience and I understand that and can appreciate that but when playing a 2d game I'm always thinking about what I'm missing out on. PSP prevents this. Smile

And you CAN play 3D games with one analog stick. I already said in a previous post. If it weren't the case how is it I never found the control scheme a problem in ANY of the 400 psp games I've played yet got pissed off with the ds touch screen on numerous occasions?!

Razz

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/other-gaming-current-gen-pc-f2/why-you-should-buy-a-psp-in-2010-t3508.htm#46264
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:50 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

Let's go over it

Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

You would think that 2D games are better suited for handhelds and for the most part that makes sense BUT the psp says NOOOOOO to that and gives you a console experience wherever you like!!!
So there's no need for compromise. When you turn of your 360 to go out somewhere, you're raelly not leaving it behind, you can carry on Tekken or whatever on psp!
Ds gives you a different experience and I understand that and can appreciate that but when playing a 2d game I'm always thinking about what I'm missing out on. PSP prevents this. Smile

And you CAN play 3D games with one analog stick. I already said in a previous post. If it weren't the case how is it I never found the control scheme a problem in ANY of the 400 psp games I've played yet got pissed off with the ds touch screen on numerous occasions?!

Razz

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/other-gaming-current-gen-pc-f2/why-you-should-buy-a-psp-in-2010-t3508.htm#46264
One more thing.... why would I want a console experience on the go? When on the go I just want something to pick up and play, have fun, and when I get home play the home consoles. Doesnt make much sense.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

Let's go over it

Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

Razz

One more thing.... why would I want a console experience on the go? When on the go I just want something to pick up and play, have fun, and when I get home play the home consoles. Doesnt make much sense.

???

Why would I want an inferior gaming experience on a handheld?

That's got to be the worst argument ever, no offense lol but seriously....I could say "why would I want to play a 360 instead of a wii? Surely its better to play a less decent console because I don't have much time to play games" xD

Look at it this way.

You're playing 360. You're really getting addicted to Tekken. Suddenly you realise you've got to travel somewhere for whatever reason. You're having to quit the game you love and then if you own a ds, you're resorting to some super mario or something. IF you have a psp, you can continue playing the same game with no drawbacks in terms of gameplay, only graphics.
Back to top Go down
Superkingz2
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Superkingz2

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm

DS, PSP, it's all up to personal preference
Personally I am leaning towards the psp
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey guy's...

Explain to me what a GAMING console is made for...

And no "buts"

Ive made my point
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

Let's go over it

Well, now you can!

WOOHOOO!!!! YAY!!!

Razz

omg DDD u dont understand anything i'm trying to tell u come on man no offense but try to pay attention i'm saying that 2d is better suited for handhelds ALL OF THEM not just ds psp is just like having a ps2 with less games and graphics ok??
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

y are u still bringing the ipod fuck it its psp vs ds
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

lol are u ok he just said that the itouch has inferior gaming to both ds and psp calm down
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:38 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

And wtf!!

Why?

lol are u ok he just said that the itouch has inferior gaming to both ds and psp calm down
YES IM OK I JUST HATE to repeat myself
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Hey guy's...

Explain to me what a GAMING console is made for...

And no "buts"

Ive made my point

A gaming console is made for the gameplay. While it's good to have a large game library, if the gameplay isn't very good then it's almost useless. I'd rather have a small but amazing games library than a large crappy shovelware one.

I've made my point.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

omg DDD u dont understand anything i'm trying to tell u come on man no offense but try to pay attention i'm saying that 2d is better suited for handhelds ALL OF THEM not just ds psp is just like having a ps2 with less games and graphics ok??

I understand BUT you need to realise that it's just your opinion. Hell it's my opinion that 3D games are better for handhelds.
You think that handheld gaming should be different to regular console gaming. Fair enough.
I think handheld gaming should match console gaming so you can continue the experience. Also fair enough.

We all have our opinions, I realise that but I'm having a console war here for fun so yeah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

I understand BUT you need to realise that it's just your opinion. Hell it's my opinion that 3D games are better for handhelds.
You think that handheld gaming should be different to regular console gaming. Fair enough.
I think handheld gaming should match console gaming so you can continue the experience. Also fair enough.

We all have our opinions, I realise that but I'm having a console war here for fun so yeah Very Happy
well then if its just your opinion stop saying psp is better than ds if u have no facts about it u preffer a handheld with 3d games and bad graphics for them i preffer a 2d handheld with good graphics and ds still has more features and games and thats not an opinion if u wanna say "which features are those?" just go to the previous pages
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Well since I've beaten FFXIII I can now focus my attention on destroying DDD's arguments. (J/K...sort of) Ever since I stopped posting he's begun posting like a mad man.

First and Foremost, enough with this "Mod" thing, it's completely irrelevant. It's like bragging to a PS3 retard that the 360 is better because you can pirate games. And most people don't even get the mods on PSP. Mods are a PC thing.

Secondly your whole "gameplay" argument is completely scewed. You said the DS has better controls. Better controls can lead to better gameplay. The DS can play games like the PSP, but there are only a couple like those because that's not the main genre for the DS. It's all about the RPGs, Strategy, Platformers, some RTS, and yes, Even Side Scrollers. Meanwhile the PSP could not even use the same gameplay with some games.

Like if the PSP got a port of The World Ends With You, there would need to be a complete gameplay overhaul. In fact, the current The World Ends With You would not be possible on the PSP. Not because of power, but because of the gameplay. Likewise, a game like Ace Attorney has a unique story telling style where you hold the DS like a book. This game would not be the same on the PSP.

In short the DS has better controls and more gameplay options than the PSP. The PSP tries to mimic console games, the DS stays true to the handheld tradition of having many 2D games, but it still has some 3D games. The DS overall has more genres and gameplay styles and Unique gameplay styles not possible on the PSP.

And on a side note most DS games have little or no loading, meanwhile PSP games do have loading. The most loading you do on a DS is during Download play.

Thirdly, No DDD, a console is not made for the gameplay. It is made for the GAMES. Some games like Heavy Rain have very limited gameplay, but are heavily focused on the Story. Yet they are still regarded as great games.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Omg DDD we lost give up son their is nothing to talk about now Ds beats psp in games forget hardware and media opitions we los when Blackstigm came to this and we got completly butt-raped by them
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

lol rape
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:00 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

well then if its just your opinion stop saying psp is better than ds if u have no facts about it u preffer a handheld with 3d games and bad graphics for them i preffer a 2d handheld with good graphics and ds still has more features and games and thats not an opinion if u wanna say "which features are those?" just go to the previous pages

LOL it's your opinion too.

I'm trying to make you see through my eyes and you're doing the same Smile

And psp has more features..... did you not see my response?
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:19 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

LOL it's your opinion too.

I'm trying to make you see through my eyes and you're doing the same Smile

And psp has more features..... did you not see my response?
umm u never responded i made it clear that ds has more features and if u responded back then i made the last response about features and i won there and if u want to see the ds features again go to the previous pages im not gonna copy and paste or type this again just to prove that what i'm saying is true AGAIN
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 pm

oh and my opinion is to preffer 2d games with better controls with better gamplay than 3d games with bad controls and gameplay
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:23 pm

[quote="BlackStigma"]
Quote :
Well since I've beaten FFXIII I can now focus my attention on destroying DDD's arguments. (J/K...sort of) Ever since I stopped posting he's begun posting like a mad man.

First and Foremost, enough with this "Mod" thing, it's completely irrelevant. It's like bragging to a PS3 retard that the 360 is better because you can pirate games. And most people don't even get the mods on PSP. Mods are a PC thing.

Ok, I only ever mentioned the modding thing as an extra in case you wanted to try and debunk my arguments by saying "ooh ds can be hacked!!" lol

Quote :
Secondly your whole "gameplay" argument is completely scewed. You said the DS has better controls. Better controls can lead to better gameplay. The DS can play games like the PSP, but there are only a couple like those because that's not the main genre for the DS. It's all about the RPGs, Strategy, Platformers, some RTS, and yes, Even Side Scrollers. Meanwhile the PSP could not even use the same gameplay with some games.

Controls does NOT equal gameplay. Especially when saying one has better controls is all opinion.
Eg: I personally detest touch screens. I wish my phone didn't have a touch screen and I wish my ipod didn't have a touch screen. Having a touch screen on ds sucks. I can't immerse myself into the games at all. I mean, I always thought N64 controls were bad but having a bloody touch screen is irritating and I would take N64 controls over it any day.
Anyway, controls does not affect game enjoyment though because you can get used to them. It's like difficulty, just because a game's difficult it makes it no worse than a game that's easy. You just keep trying & get better, same goes with controls.
And actually having an analog stick mixed with directional buttons > touch screen & control pad. Why? I'll tell you. Touch screen controls camera better than directional buttons, I'll agree with that BUT the rest of the gameplay lacks from there. Control pad means you can only move in straight directions. Therefore movement is choppy and animation is unrealistic. Psp has an analog stick which therefore gives you 360 degrees movement and more realism & immersion into the experience.
So controls themselves don't influence the gameplay as such but limited controls like ds can lead to disasterpieces.

Ds cannot handle anything psp has really. It tried to get GTA on some occasions but had to settle with a top down game with no voice acting or cutscenes or anything and another game that has the worst movement ever, repetitive and uninteresting level design and just flawed gameplay in general.

Side scrollers, ds beats psp with the exception of Littlebigplanet which is the best handheld side scroller of all time. Let's face it, Scribblenauts has limited gameplay in comparison. On LBP you can create your own 3D levels and litter them with objects. Create anything! But yeah ds has more side scrollers and for the most part they're as good if not better than psp side scrollers.
Strategy, yeah ds beats it for the most part especially that for once, the touch screen comes in handy. BUT the best strategy game on psp pwnz the best ds one, eg: FIELD COMMANDER. Psp controls didn't affect it in the slightest.

RPG's? Ah no.
Psp has games like Final Fantasy Crisis Core... the greatest handheld rpg of all time. It also has Monster Hunter Freedom, the hugeest rpg (well if you call it an rpg) ever and it has plenty of other fully 3D rpgs.

And PLATFORMERS?! Nooo way. Sorry but I do not see how ds has better platformers when most of them are side scrollers lmao. Ds could never run games like Daxter or Jak N Daxter The Lost Frontier. Nor has it got an equivalent.
But even if ds took the medal of those genres, which it doesn't, psp still pwns in:

Racing
Sports
Shooters
Fighting
Hack N Slash
Sandbox games

and
almost ALL multiplats.

Quote :
Like if the PSP got a port of The World Ends With You, there would need to be a complete gameplay overhaul. In fact, the current The World Ends With You would not be possible on the PSP. Not because of power, but because of the gameplay. Likewise, a game like Ace Attorney has a unique story telling style where you hold the DS like a book. This game would not be the same on the PSP.

But psp wouldn't ever get it because it SUCKS! lol Razz ok jk but seriously, a book? That's called a novelty. NOT a game.
You may as well tell me that the wii is better than 360 because that's the way you're heading.

Quote :

In short the DS has better controls and more gameplay options than the PSP. The PSP tries to mimic console games, the DS stays true to the handheld tradition of having many 2D games, but it still has some 3D games. The DS overall has more genres and gameplay styles and Unique gameplay styles not possible on the PSP.

Well 360 hasn't stayed true to the tradition of snes. Are you going to seriously going to tell me that snes is better?
I'm sure you wouldn't.
Quote :

And on a side note most DS games have little or no loading, meanwhile PSP games do have loading. The most loading you do on a DS is during Download play.
Yeah you have load screens. But surely it would be worth it? It takes like 4 minutes to load up Uncharted 2 lol but I'd say it's worth it.
Sometimes in Halo you're in matchmaking for like 15 minutes till u're actually put in a game. Wouldn't you say it's worth it?

The worst load times on psp are about 14 seconds long and that's only on the most graphically impressive games. In games like GTA LCS/VCS the load times between fully free roam cities are only about 6 seconds long and considering ALL the stuff you can do in each island, it's no big deal whatsoever.

Quote :

Thirdly, No DDD, a console is not made for the gameplay. It is made for the GAMES. Some games like Heavy Rain have very limited gameplay, but are heavily focused on the Story. Yet they are still regarded as great games.
LOL! Games are for the gameplay. You are under the illusion that novelties or storylines make a good game. As a gamer I think this is a stupid way to look at it. While I like a good story in the game, what's the point if the gameplay's no good?!
Take BIG RIGS RACING, officially the worst game ever made. If it had a good storyline between the ridiculously crap levels, you would play through it all the way and call it a good game?
Of course you wouldn't.
Because you need good gameplay in order for you to enjoy the story.
Well I think I've dominated enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

DS vs. PSP
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: