This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha

Go down 
+22
kyrtos123
Mr. Project Natal
cannibalshinobi
Zachwon2
MasterChef
Kyrtos213
spartan225
DuDZZ
Arbiteris
arnt god of war
Haelstrome
Zombl337
fonderplague
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
DemonWolf
lightlamp
Blixtstorm
II XShogunX II
343_Guilty_Spark
J77
F2sT
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
F2sT
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha Empty
PostSubject: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
F2sT
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:53 pm

lets be honest this is a undercover exclusive to xbox. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:18 am

lmao....thanks for the vid bro...keep it up!!!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:42 am

MW2 might as well be a 360 exclusive. It sells so few copies on PS3 that the 360 is the default official platform for the game. Why does Infinity Ward even bother making a PS3 version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:52 am

LOKL
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:40 am

I saw the new adds for Fifa 10 (EA sports soccer game) wich is huge in Europe and asia. As a ps3 add.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:50 am

activison probably put the 360 logo at the end to piss of sony since they hate them oh well its a smart move anyway since most people are gonna get it for the 360 there advertising for the biggest audience
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:37 am

haha xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Well yea, when i see MW2 i think xbox right away. This is a really good move for MS because the game will be the biggest this year and adding 360 only will make consoles sell. Seriously though lol IW doesn't care about ps3 at all. I see 402 playing cod on 360 all the time and they only show the 360 version every single time.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah I read somewhere that the preorders from the 360 version were through the roof. Sony is the bitch. lol
Back to top Go down
fonderplague
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
fonderplague

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:46 am

Pre orders are over 1 mill for 360. PS3 is only over 300k...sony is fucking lucky to get this game. Microsoft is feeding sony table scraps
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 am

fonderplague wrote:
Pre orders are over 1 mill for 360. PS3 is only over 300k...sony is fucking lucky to get this game. Microsoft is feeding sony table scraps

Microsoft knows how to back good games and get them to sell well on their console, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Haelstrome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:48 pm

After quickly browsing the forum, I find it a little ridiculous how many people are trying to desperately avoid buyer's remorse by trying to convince others, as well as themselves, that the other console is inferior.

I participate in online discussions because it kills the time and it's good debating practice. But this...this isn't even an argument. Modern Warfare "takes a dump on the ps3"? Are you serious? You DO realize that the PlayStation 3 is also getting the game, right? It's getting the same game day and date with the Xbox360.

I could see the logic if you were talking about an exclusive game, maybe to "counter" the PS3's great fall line-up (2, possibly 3 AAA titles in one month)...but even that isn't the case. Your logic is absolutely horrendous. PS3 owners not only get to play Modern Warfare 2, but they also get to play their exclusives. The only thing Modern Warfare 2 on the X360 counters is the PS3 version of the game. PS3 still has their line-up, even without Modern Warfare 2. The PS3 doesn't even need that game to have a great fall, although it is an amazing addition to an already very successful line-up.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
MW2 might as well be a 360 exclusive. It sells so few copies on PS3 that the 360 is the default official platform for the game. Why does Infinity Ward even bother making a PS3 version.

Was that a serious question at the end? Like...it makes money. Infinity Ward is a business. They profit from it. I really don't know how else to explain it.

And if you're referring to the X360 logo at the end, it's not their preference; the two companies pay for their logo to be put at the end, and the developer sells it to the highest bidder. It has nothing to do with "official" platform or "platform of choice", or however you want to word it.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Haelstrome wrote:
After quickly browsing the forum, I find it a little ridiculous how many people are trying to desperately avoid buyer's remorse by trying to convince others, as well as themselves, that the other console is inferior.
all fanboys are like that except we and everyone else apart from ps3 fanboys know that the 360 is better
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Haelstrome wrote:

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Was that a serious question at the end? Like...it makes money. Infinity Ward is a business. They profit from it. I really don't know how else to explain it.

And if you're referring to the X360 logo at the end, it's not their preference; the two companies pay for their logo to be put at the end, and the developer sells it to the highest bidder. It has nothing to do with "official" platform or "platform of choice", or however you want to word it.

It was a joke, but know that I think about it it's more serious than I though. Look at the preorders for MW2. Xbox 360's version is out preordering it by a ratio of 3:1.

If PS3 owners are going to snub one of if not the best game of the year than why should Activision bother releasing it on PS3. It took time and money for Infinity Ward to port it to PS3 and PS3 owners are basically saying "Pass" like they seem to do with even their best games. Xbox 360 owners apparently support the series in huge numbers. It used to be that publishers could ignore everything else and just release on PS2 and make so much money porting wasn't worth it. Well I contend that that is now true for Xbox 360. The tables have turned. Every multiplatform sells more on the Xbox 360 becuase it's looking more and more everyday that all those Slims that sold and most of the original PS3s that sold are being used to watch Blu-Ray movies and only occasionally a game.

Sure it's going to make a profit on PS3 and so long as it does I'm sure Activision will support the platform, but you have to admit that PS3 software sales pale in comparison to Xbox 360 sales. That's what matters to publishers.
Back to top Go down
Haelstrome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

It was a joke, but know that I think about it it's more serious than I though. Look at the preorders for MW2. Xbox 360's version is out preordering it by a ratio of 3:1.

If PS3 owners are going to snub one of if not the best game of the year than why should Activision bother releasing it on PS3. It took time and money for Infinity Ward to port it to PS3 and PS3 owners are basically saying "Pass" like they seem to do with even their best games. Xbox 360 owners apparently support the series in huge numbers. It used to be that publishers could ignore everything else and just release on PS2 and make so much money porting wasn't worth it. Well I contend that that is now true for Xbox 360. The tables have turned. Every multiplatform sells more on the Xbox 360 becuase it's looking more and more everyday that all those Slims that sold and most of the original PS3s that sold are being used to watch Blu-Ray movies and only occasionally a game.

Sure it's going to make a profit on PS3 and so long as it does I'm sure Activision will support the platform, but you have to admit that PS3 software sales pale in comparison to Xbox 360 sales. That's what matters to publishers.

I don't argue that the PS3 sales aren't the lesser counterpart of the 360, but what I am saying is that so long as they make a reasonable profit, ratio is irrelevant.

Yes, they put time and money into the port - money spent. They not only reimburse themselves, but they also turn a profit. When they don't return a profit, it's not worth their time and money, but as of now, it still is worth it, so I see no reason why Activision should even consider abandoning the platform.

For the record, don't base a game's total sales off of the pre-orders. If anything, pre-orders would show how avid the gamers are, not how much it will sell. I don't think many people pre-ordered Wii Play, but look how that turned out.

On top of that, as of now, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has sold roughly 5 million copies and conversely the Xbox360 version has sold roughly 8 million copies. (Coming from vgchartz.) Assuming those sales are a rough estimate, the 3:1 pre-order is nothing to go off of.

Their time and money may be more efficiently spent while working on the Xbox360 version, but that's completely irrelevant, as they still have time and money to spend on the PS3 version of the game.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Activision has gone out of it's way to express frustration with the PS3 as a gaming platform. They were the ones that called for a price drop becuase they are tired of their games not selling well on the system. If that trend continues the price cut won't matter. Activision will start looking at the PS3 like a Blu-Ray player so may PS3 owners already do.

Will it stop them from making ports. No. But it might stop them from paying for those ports to get polished.

Polish on 360 and PC = high sales
Polish on PS3 = time and money wasted

It's going to be interesting to see how well the game sells on 360 and PS3. You mentioned that preorder ratios show how avid the gamers are. Well it looks like 360 owners are far more avid game players and that's who Infinity Ward makes games for and Activision sells to.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Haelstrome wrote:

I participate in online discussions because it kills the time and it's good debating practice. But this...this isn't even an argument. Modern Warfare "takes a dump on the ps3"? Are you serious? You DO realize that the PlayStation 3 is also getting the game, right? It's getting the same game day and date with the Xbox360.

I could see the logic if you were talking about an exclusive game, maybe to "counter" the PS3's great fall line-up (2, possibly 3 AAA titles in one month)...but even that isn't the case. Your logic is absolutely horrendous. PS3 owners not only get to play Modern Warfare 2, but they also get to play their exclusives. The only thing Modern Warfare 2 on the X360 counters is the PS3 version of the game. PS3 still has their line-up, even without Modern Warfare 2. The PS3 doesn't even need that game to have a great fall, although it is an amazing addition to an already very successful line-up.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

im watching you
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:00 pm

its just in ps3 users are very butthurt and are now bashing this game...wait thats very old news
Back to top Go down
Haelstrome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Activision has gone out of it's way to express frustration with the PS3 as a gaming platform. They were the ones that called for a price drop becuase they are tired of their games not selling well on the system. If that trend continues the price cut won't matter. Activision will start looking at the PS3 like a Blu-Ray player so may PS3 owners already do.

Will it stop them from making ports. No. But it might stop them from paying for those ports to get polished.

It's going to be interesting to see how well the game sells on 360 and PS3. You mentioned that preorder ratios show how avid the gamers are. Well it looks like 360 owners are far more avid game players and that's who Infinity Ward makes games for and Activision sells to.

Honestly, that was one representative who got immediately shunned by most of the gaming community. Many professionals (going off of Shane Sattersfield, here) said that he was just talking out of his ass. Activision has no plans of abandoning the PS3, and if Infinity Ward is really having trouble with the PS3, they need to hire a better PS3 development team. Most developers have caught on by now how to effectively use the PS3; many being hired by Sony to become a first-party development team.

They will only polish a game so much before it's becoming a waste of time. They could sit there for years polishing Modern Warfare 2, but the sales wouldn't be much higher that if they release it it November.

But it doesn't matter how many PS3 owners are avid gamers. They make the games for avid gamers in general, it just so happens that there are more on the X360.

But don't forget that they are a business first and foremost; their goal is to turn as much profit as they can. They will not be dropping the PS3 as a platform for a long time, and that's really all that matters.

Even iff the game suffers slight framerate issues, I really don't care. I'm perfectly fine playing classic games that have much worse framerate than games today. So long as a game looks appealing, I'm happy. I'm in it for the game play, and the game play is always the same between the two versions (excluding additional content, but that isn't the case with Modern Warfare 2.)

arntson wrote:
its just in ps3 users are very butthurt and are now bashing this game...wait thats very old news

Who are you talking to?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Haelstrome wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Honestly, that was one representative who got immediately shunned by most of the gaming community. Many professionals (going off of Shane Sattersfield, here) said that he was just talking out of his ass. Activision has no plans of abandoning the PS3, and if Infinity Ward is really having trouble with the PS3, they need to hire a better PS3 development team. Most developers have caught on by now how to effectively use the PS3; many being hired by Sony to become a first-party development team.

They will only polish a game so much before it's becoming a waste of time. They could sit there for years polishing Modern Warfare 2, but the sales wouldn't be much higher that if they release it it November.

But it doesn't matter how many PS3 owners are avid gamers. They make the games for avid gamers in general, it just so happens that there are more on the X360.

But don't forget that they are a business first and foremost; their goal is to turn as much profit as they can. They will not be dropping the PS3 as a platform for a long time, and that's really all that matters.

Even iff the game suffers slight framerate issues, I really don't care. I'm perfectly fine playing classic games that have much worse framerate than games today. So long as a game looks appealing, I'm happy. I'm in it for the game play, and the game play is always the same between the two versions (excluding additional content, but that isn't the case with Modern Warfare 2.)

arntson wrote:

Who are you talking to?

Be very careful of what your saying.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:11 pm

[quote="Haelstrome"]
Was that a serious question at the end? Like...it makes money. Infinity Ward is a business. They profit from it. I really don't know how else to explain it.[quote]

they're not even worryed about ps3 sales... seeing how there is about 1 mil more pre-orders alone for the 360.... it might as well be a 360 exclusive.. microsoft knows how to back up there content and make it sell ... sony should learn from microsoft
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
Haelstrome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to everything I said, or just the comment at the end about the Admin saying (I think) that I'm "butthurt" and "bashing" the game, even though I've said nothing of the sort. I don't take well to people who claim I said things that I didn't say.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

they're not even worryed about ps3 sales... seeing how there is about 1 mil more pre-orders alone for the 360.... it might as well be a 360 exclusive.. microsoft knows how to back up there content and make it sell ... sony should learn from microsoft[/quote]i agree 360 owners are the better gamers they know how to support games and also we were the first to reach 1 million kills on battlefield 1943 against the ps3 Smile
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to everything I said, or just the comment at the end about the Admin saying (I think) that I'm "butthurt" and "bashing" the game, even though I've said nothing of the sort. I don't take well to people who claim I said things that I didn't say.
no im talking about ps3 fanboys your not a playstation fanboy are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha Empty

Back to top Go down

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: