This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha

Go down 
+22
kyrtos123
Mr. Project Natal
cannibalshinobi
Zachwon2
MasterChef
Kyrtos213
spartan225
DuDZZ
Arbiteris
arnt god of war
Haelstrome
Zombl337
fonderplague
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
DemonWolf
lightlamp
Blixtstorm
II XShogunX II
343_Guilty_Spark
J77
F2sT
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
There, i requested MLd to unban him.I still dont think its worth it.Srry guys.Ill give out a warning next time.

You might be right and for all we know he could be a stealth troll, but we need to give people the benefit of the doubt. Warning first, day banning next, and perma banning after that. If someone is really being an ass hole that by all means perma ban them on the spot.

Yea,srry.Like i said,ill give a warning next
time.I am new at this.Dont be to mad.

Last edited by Arbiteris on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I banned him.It wasnt worth having him here.He has only caused trouble.

You really should have issued a warning first. In fact I think you should have GeneralMLD unban him. I was going to give him a warning but you banned him before I could.

Srry,i didnt think it would be worth it.Seeing he already has started a fight and sounded like he wasnt oging to give up.Ill ask MLd but i stil ldont think its worth it.

I only do instant banning of trolls who throw insults and scream PS3 crap.

If someone comes here and causes an argument I usualy ask them why they are here and point out that his is a Xbox fan forum. If that doesn't work I warn them in a PM anf if they get out of line I ban them for a day as a warning. IF they come back and pull some kind of crap I go ahead and fully ban them.

We don't want to be known for banning anyone who says something positive about the PS3 or negative about the 360. Instead this forum should be known for fair treatment and banning only those out of line.
words of wisdom i bet i could speakonia all your comments and post it on youtube and get about 1000 subs lol!
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Haelstrome wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MW2 is crap on ps3 compared to 360's version.For one there will be less ppl online.AND psn sucks comapred to LIVE so why play MW online on ps3?
Dear God, you're ignorant.

There were the same amount of people on each system for the original, where was the announcement that X360 is supporting more players? If they are, I assume it's something relevant, like 12 more people, or seomthing.

And PSN is crap?

How is that?

Please try and explain that to me. I have no lag on PSN, so what could possibly make it crap?
well my big reason for xbox live being better is that its more user friendly and the 360's dashboard is nice compared to the ps3's....well it doesnt even have a dashboard its an options menu IMO

So because it's laid out a little nicer, that justifies your monthly payment? Honestly, the UI really isn't worth $50 a year for me. It just isn't. Not when I get the same performance, dedicated servers and no advertisements.
Most games on PSN are peer to peer its mostly the first party games that have dedicated servers. Secondly PSN does have advertisements. Look at the scrolling information bar in the upper right hand corner of your xmb.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
There, i requested MLd to unban him.I still dont think its worth it.Srry guys.Ill give out a warning next time.

You might be right and for all we know he could be a stealth troll, but we need to give people the benefit of the doubt. Warning first, day banning next, and perma banning after that. If someone is really being an ass hole that by all means perma ban them on the spot.

Yea,srry.Like i said,ill give a warning next
time.I am new at this.Dont be to mad.

Nobody's mad at you. Don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Yeah, seriously, man. The banhammer was totally uncalled for.

You said yourself that "psn is crap compared to xboxlive". So I get banned for sparking, but saying stuff like that is okay?

I get it that it's an Xbox forum, but you really should try and be unbiased for things like sparking.

I was only replying in retaliation to your comment, I didn't initiate that whole topic.

If you would like to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the services moire, I'm happy to do that. If not, we can drop it.

But my whole point is that so long as they don't drop the platform, (which has already been the general consensus), why do I care how much is sold of what? I have the opportunity to get the game, and that's really all that matters.

The two services are very similar in terms of performance when playing online (they've improved it quite a lot). Aside from petty things like in-game music or things like that, I really don't see how the 360's side is so much better.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MW2 is crap on ps3 compared to 360's version.For one there will be less ppl online.AND psn sucks comapred to LIVE so why play MW online on ps3?

There were the same amount of people on each system for the original, where was the announcement that X360 is supporting more players? If they are, I assume it's something relevant, like 12 more people, or seomthing.

And PSN is crap?

How is that?

Please try and explain that to me. I have no lag on PSN, so what could possibly make it crap?
well my big reason for xbox live being better is that its more user friendly and the 360's dashboard is nice compared to the ps3's....well it doesnt even have a dashboard its an options menu IMO

So because it's laid out a little nicer, that justifies your monthly payment? Honestly, the UI really isn't worth $50 a year for me. It just isn't. Not when I get the same performance, dedicated servers and no advertisements.
Most games on PSN are peer to peer its mostly the first party games that have dedicated servers. Secondly PSN does have advertisements. Look at the scrolling information bar in the upper right hand corner of your xmb.

No doubt that it's all P2P for third party developers, because they don't want to shell out the extra money to host the servers for a specific platform. It does pay off, though, with first party titles like Resistance 2 and MAG.

And I also have the "What's New" bar turned off; you can turn off the "advertisements" in your System Settings. As far as I know, you can't do that on X360.

But let's not get too much into detail about that.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

And yes, I made a new account in about 30 seconds after reading that you didn't find the ban to be just. (I found it really uncalled for.)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You said yourself that "psn is crap compared to xboxlive". So I get banned for sparking, but saying stuff like that is okay?

I get it that it's an Xbox forum, but you really should try and be unbiased for things like sparking.

I was only replying in retaliation to your comment, I didn't initiate that whole topic.

If you would like to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the services moire, I'm happy to do that. If not, we can drop it.

But my whole point is that so long as they don't drop the platform, (which has already been the general consensus), why do I care how much is sold of what? I have the opportunity to get the game, and that's really all that matters.

The two services are very similar in terms of performance when playing online (they've improved it quite a lot). Aside from petty things like in-game music or things like that, I really don't see how the 360's side is so much better.

Well 1 he was fighting with pretty much everyone here.2 if hes not on xbox's side then why is he on this forum.I mean seriously,do you want me to tell you all of the biased things ive heard on here.Its an XBOX forum.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

well imo 360 is more of a social network while the ps3 has home xbl has a party chat so you can talk to your gaming friends whenever you want
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

And PSN is crap?

How is that?

No doubt that it's all P2P for third party developers, because they don't want to shell out the extra money to host the servers for a specific platform. It does pay off, though, with first party titles like Resistance 2 and MAG.

And I also have the "What's New" bar turned off; you can turn off the "advertisements" in your System Settings. As far as I know, you can't do that on X360.

where are there commercials on xbl?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

And PSN is crap?

How is that?

and since resistance has a very mediocre online imo i dont see how it payed off
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:12 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Haelstrome wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

And PSN is crap?

How is that?

yeah all i see sometimes is just one ad on the inside xbox tab about a movie and it doesn't stick out right in front of you. also 100th post!
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Arbiteris wrote:
Well 1 he was fighting with pretty much everyone here.2 if hes not on xbox's side then why is he on this forum.I mean seriously,do you want me to tell you all of the biased things ive heard on here.Its an XBOX forum.

I thought you would realize I made a new account. It's still me, but at least give me a bit if and before you ban me again.

I was having a debate with the one fellow, but you kind of sparked a flame by saying that the PSN sucks in contrast to XBL. It seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that I was not a 360 fanboy, so it seemed like a deliberate intent to start a flame war.

And to answer your question, I'm on an Xbox forum because most places have tons of PS3 fanboys spewing idiotic shit and it's really difficult to keep a decent conversation going.

I'm here for discussion, and while I will generally be disagreeing with members, I won't be "trolling". I put up logical, supported arguments and don't make personal attacks on anyone.

I also make sure not to directly insult any platform.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I thought you would realize I made a new account. It's still me, but at least give me a bit if and before you ban me again.

I was having a debate with the one fellow, but you kind of sparked a flame by saying that the PSN sucks in contrast to XBL. It seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that I was not a 360 fanboy, so it seemed like a deliberate intent to start a flame war.

And to answer your question, I'm on an Xbox forum because most places have tons of PS3 fanboys spewing idiotic shit and it's really difficult to keep a decent conversation going.

I'm here for discussion, and while I will generally be disagreeing with members, I won't be "trolling". I put up logical, supported arguments and don't make personal attacks on anyone.

I just realized that you made a new account like 5 min ago.Look,srry about the ban.My bad.Your gonna seel ots of insulting on platforms here.Not by me,but by other ppl.You might wana be prepared for it.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

arntson wrote:

That's true, my mistake. I forgot they reduced the advertizing with the NXE. My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I just realized that you made a new account like 5 min ago.Look,srry about the ban.My bad.Your gonna seel ots of insulting on platforms here.Not by me,but by other ppl.You might wana be prepared for it.

Don't worry, I've dealt with my fair share of fanboys...calling me "kid", insulting my social life, what have you.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 pm

arntson wrote:
and since resistance has a very mediocre online imo i dont see how it payed off

Could you go into more detail on that?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Your gonna see many people flaming the ps3 here.I wouldnt suggest fighting with them.I PM MLD to unban your other account.Again srry.I just became a mod.

Don't worry, I've dealt with my fair share of fanboys...calling me "kid", insulting my social life, what have you.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 pm

I Pm MLD to unban you.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

That's true, my mistake. I forgot they reduced the advertizing with the NXE. My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
right i see your point but you gotta realize p2p is not a piece of shit with shit on top with a side of shit like everyone tries to tell people if you lag it cause your parties connection isnt good but that hardly happens also a lot more people have mics i dont even have a mic for my ps3 because i always think who am i gonna talk to some dumbass 40 year old virgins maybe ill meet a couple cool people but well prolly just end up hardly talking to each other
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
No it doesn't. Most games on PSN are peer to peer. The only dedicated servers on PSN are mostly from first party exclusives. Live has some dedicated servers like all EA games (PSN too) as well as Frontlines and Section 8 for example. But yeah most are peer to peer.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I Pm MLD to unban you.

Cool, thanks.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

No it doesn't. Most games on PSN are peer to peer. The only dedicated servers on PSN are mostly from first party exclusives. Live has some dedicated servers like all EA games as well as Frontlines and Section 8 for example.
the demo doesnt run on the dedicated server does it because the demo always lags which is really what i think turns people off
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

right i see your point but you gotta realize p2p is not a piece of shit with shit on top with a side of shit like everyone tries to tell people if you lag it cause your parties connection isnt good but that hardly happens also a lot more people have mics i dont even have a mic for my ps3 because i always think who am i gonna talk to some dumbass 40 year old virgins maybe ill meet a couple cool people but well prolly just end up hardly talking to each other

I didn't say P2P was shit, it's fine, but it can get annoying sometimes with a laggy host, which is a downside.

And yeah, not a lot of people have mics, so you have less people to talk to, but then again, the people that you do talk to usually aren't the mic spammers. They usually buy the mics to have decent conversations with.

There are upsides and downsides to limited mics. As you put it, it's not shit on top of shit like people make it seem. I enjoy having little mics, because I usually keep to myself anyway when I'm playing games.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

arntson wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

No it doesn't. Most games on PSN are peer to peer. The only dedicated servers on PSN are mostly from first party exclusives. Live has some dedicated servers like all EA games as well as Frontlines and Section 8 for example.
the demo doesnt run on the dedicated server does it because the demo always lags which is really what i think turns people off
Thats correct but the retail version runs on dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next