This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha

Go down 
+22
kyrtos123
Mr. Project Natal
cannibalshinobi
Zachwon2
MasterChef
Kyrtos213
spartan225
DuDZZ
Arbiteris
arnt god of war
Haelstrome
Zombl337
fonderplague
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
DemonWolf
lightlamp
Blixtstorm
II XShogunX II
343_Guilty_Spark
J77
F2sT
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
and since resistance has a very mediocre online imo i dont see how it payed off

Could you go into more detail on that?
well 1 i feel like im completly isolated because i have no mic second the weapon seem mostly useless now that i think about it i really didnt give it a fair chance you know what ill give it another go
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
where are there commercials on xbl?

My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
No it doesn't. Most games on PSN are peer to peer. The only dedicated servers on PSN are mostly from first party exclusives. Live has some dedicated servers like all EA games (PSN too) as well as Frontlines and Section 8 for example. But yeah most are peer to peer.

I realize, but it's not like XBL gets many multiplatform games with DS. You named two, but how many more can you name? All the big hitters (Halo 3, Gears 2) run on P2P networking.

Plus, it's certainly not a downside that basically all first party games have dedicated servers. It might not be as good as if it had it for all games, but it's still a nice thing to have.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
and since resistance has a very mediocre online imo i dont see how it payed off

Could you go into more detail on that?
well 1 i feel like im completly isolated because i have no mic second the weapon seem mostly useless now that i think about it i really didnt give it a fair chance you know what ill give it another go

Well if that's the reason you didn't like it, that has to do with that game play mechanics themselves, not the networking the game was running on, which was what we were talking about.

Personally, I loved Resistance 2, but I understand that not everyone does. The same is true for every other game, as well.

Last edited by Kyrtos213 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

That's true, my mistake. I forgot they reduced the advertizing with the NXE. My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
right i see your point but you gotta realize p2p is not a piece of shit with shit on top with a side of shit like everyone tries to tell people if you lag it cause your parties connection isnt good but that hardly happens also a lot more people have mics i dont even have a mic for my ps3 because i always think who am i gonna talk to some dumbass 40 year old virgins maybe ill meet a couple cool people but well prolly just end up hardly talking to each other

I didn't say P2P was shit, it's fine, but it can get annoying sometimes with a laggy host, which is a downside.

And yeah, not a lot of people have mics, so you have less people to talk to, but then again, the people that you do talk to usually aren't the mic spammers. They usually buy the mics to have decent conversations with.

There are upsides and downsides to limited mics. As you put it, it's not shit on top of shit like people make it seem. I enjoy having little mics, because I usually keep to myself anyway when I'm playing games.
i know what you mean but once you have a group of friends you like(you can usually fing 50-60) you hardly talk to other people and it makes the expierence more enjoyable imo
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

No it doesn't. Most games on PSN are peer to peer. The only dedicated servers on PSN are mostly from first party exclusives. Live has some dedicated servers like all EA games (PSN too) as well as Frontlines and Section 8 for example. But yeah most are peer to peer.

I realize, but it's not like XBL gets many multiplatform games with DS. You named two, but how many more can you name? All the big hitters (Halo 3, Gears 2) run on P2P networking.

Plus, it's certainly not a downside that basically all first party games have dedicated servers. It might not be as good as if it had it for all games, but it's still a nice thing to have.
My point is that you made it sound like all games on PSN use dedicated servers when in fact its only first party games that do except for EA. And I actually named three. Most multiplatform games on PSN are peer to peer just like on Live. Also with dedicated servers if a developer decides to drop support for a game and shut down their servers youre screwed. Just like EA does with Madden so you'll buy it every year.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

That's true, my mistake. I forgot they reduced the advertizing with the NXE. My point still stands about dedicated servers, though.
right i see your point but you gotta realize p2p is not a piece of shit with shit on top with a side of shit like everyone tries to tell people if you lag it cause your parties connection isnt good but that hardly happens also a lot more people have mics i dont even have a mic for my ps3 because i always think who am i gonna talk to some dumbass 40 year old virgins maybe ill meet a couple cool people but well prolly just end up hardly talking to each other

I didn't say P2P was shit, it's fine, but it can get annoying sometimes with a laggy host, which is a downside.

And yeah, not a lot of people have mics, so you have less people to talk to, but then again, the people that you do talk to usually aren't the mic spammers. They usually buy the mics to have decent conversations with.

There are upsides and downsides to limited mics. As you put it, it's not shit on top of shit like people make it seem. I enjoy having little mics, because I usually keep to myself anyway when I'm playing games.
i know what you mean but once you have a group of friends you like(you can usually fing 50-60) you hardly talk to other people and it makes the expierence more enjoyable imo

That's true, but you can still hear the other people talking, can you not?

It might be a slight disadvantage, but it's not like it's a horrible flaw that makes the PS3 impossible to enjoy. It's nothing like that.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

My point is that you made it sound like all games on PSN use dedicated servers when in fact its only first party games that do except for EA. And I actually named three. Most multiplatform games on PSN are peer to peer.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like all PSN games get DS, I meant to simply say that PSN has dedicated servers.

And browsing through it, I didn't notice the "EA games" part, I simply noticed the two game names (Frontlines and Section 8 ).
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

My point is that you made it sound like all games on PSN use dedicated servers when in fact its only first party games that do except for EA. And I actually named three. Most multiplatform games on PSN are peer to peer.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like all PSN games get DS, I meant to simply say that PSN has dedicated servers.

And browsing through it, I didn't notice the "EA games" part, I simply noticed the two game names (Frontlines and Section 8 ).
isnt frontlines a ea game?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

isnt frontlines a ea game?
THQ
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

No problem bro. BTW This is a great discussion. I'm enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

Yeah, I'm surprised I got banned. I haven't got banned from anything in a while. Last one was at Blackcats, but that was a fuck up, apparently there's some random rule that I broke. Luckily I got unbanned the next day.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:

Yeah, I'm surprised I got banned. I haven't got banned from anything in a while. Last one was at Blackcats, but that was a fuck up, apparently there's some random rule that I broke. Luckily I got unbanned the next day.

Yea,once again srry about that.Before it sounded like you were calling me and idiot.And it sounded like there was a fight.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:44 pm

But anyway...we've gotten a little sidetracked.

I think we can all agree that while Modern Warfare 2 doesn't use dedicated servers (as far as I know), it's a good thing to have for your first party games on PS3.

That being said, I think we can also agree that the performance of P2P on PS3 and X360 is near identical, so the only difference between buying Modern Warfare 2 on X360 as opposed to PS3 is the small features you get with XBL.

So, now that I think we've gotten rid of the stupid people, can we agree that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't "take a dump" on the PS3, as it's on the PS3 as well?

I might agree if the PS3 version looked like a Wii port, but they're near identical. Really, the OP just seemed like he wanted to bash the PS3 unnecessarily with really...really bad logic.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Yea,once again srry about that.Before it sounded like you were calling me and idiot.And it sounded like there was a fight.

Yeah, it's alright. Making a second account is usually pretty painless.

But for future reference, this is exactly what warnings are for; preventing unnecessary banhammers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

I heard that sony delayed MAG because it couldn't compete toe-to-toe with this game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Yeah, it's alright. Making a second account is usually pretty painless.

But for future reference, this is exactly what warnings are for; preventing unnecessary banhammers.

Next time i will,dont worry.MLD should unban your other account by tommorow.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
So, now that I think we've gotten rid of the stupid people, can we agree that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't "take a dump" on the PS3, as it's on the PS3 as well?
the OP was only saying that due to mw2 being multiplatform yet it showed the 360 logo at the end most people found it funny it would of prob pissed of alot ps3 fanboys
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:

I think we can all agree that while Modern Warfare 2 doesn't use dedicated servers (as far as I know), it's a good thing to have for your first party games on PS3.

That being said, I think we can also agree that the performance of P2P on PS3 and X360 is near identical, so the only difference between buying Modern Warfare 2 on X360 as opposed to PS3 is the small features you get with XBL.

I might agree if the PS3 version looked like a Wii port, but they're near identical. Really, the OP just seemed like he wanted to bash the PS3 unnecessarily with really...really bad logic.
right but you cant deny the 360 version has better framrate(if only slightly) bigger population(not debatable) and timed dlc maybe it doesnt take a dump on it but it sure isnt snuggling up to it like it is to the ps3 and now the treybrotherhood is shunning it really though they should put it on a ds for both since they will sell mils of copys on both sides and im sure that it would increase sales
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Exodus2021 wrote:
I heard that sony delayed MAG because it couldn't compete toe-to-toe with this game.

I'm pretty sure that was just rumors. The beta went live not too long ago, so I'm not surprised they're releasing it next year. Gives them good time to tweak according to the feedback from the beta. I don't mind though, I'll be plenty occupied with Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 for the PC if I ever get around to buying it.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Exodus2021 wrote:
it sounds smart enough any game coming out near mw2 will be forgotten
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Exodus2021 wrote:
look up dust 514 could be the mag killer(as in takes the thunder away from mag)

Last edited by arntson on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Exodus2021 wrote:
not likely if it comes out near christmas most people wont just buy 1 game and be done with buying
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm

arntson wrote:
Kyrtos213 wrote:

right but you cant deny the 360 version has better framrate(if only slightly) bigger population(not debatable) and timed dlc maybe it doesnt take a dump on it but it sure isnt snuggling up to it like it is to the ps3 and now the treybrotherhood is shunning it really though they should put it on a ds for both since they will sell mils of copys on both sides and im sure that it would increase sales

Well framereate differences are still too early to tell, as I don't think the game is completed yet. You should wait until all versions are out before comparing things like that so you can get official numbers and stuff like that.

In terms of timed DLC, sure that's an upside, but as with the case of Call of Duty 4, it really wasn't timed for very long (compared to the Fallout 3 DLC). It was what, two weeks to a month? Not much, really.

But just from the small window where the DLC will be exclusive to X360, I would hardly call that "taking a dump on the ps3".

I'm pretty sure it's because he has a mindset where if Modern Warfare 2 is SO good, it will make all other games irrelevant, meaning PS3 won't have a better fall line-up. I'm pretty sure that's the case, except it's a really dumb point because PS3 will get both Modern Warfare 2 and the rest of the PS3 line-up.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Exodus2021 wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure it's being released next year because it isn't quite done yet.

That's usually the case with game delays.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
Exodus2021 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was just rumors. The beta went live not too long ago, so I'm not surprised they're releasing it next year. Gives them good time to tweak according to the feedback from the beta. I don't mind though, I'll be plenty occupied with Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 for the PC if I ever get around to buying it.

Do you even have an Xbox 360? I mean all you seem to want to do is argue on and on and on.

This is a Xbox fan forum, if your here to prop up the PS3 you have wondered into the wrong jungle my friend.

In this forum members are encouraged to show their love for 360 and since we can't stand PS3 fanboys all members are encouraged to use language to piss them off. "Taking a shit on PS3" is meant to be provocative, but the basic statement is valid. Activision puts priority on 360 games becuase that is where their audience is in force.

Why do you even bother trying to subvert? You say the only thing that matters to you is that the game is on both. Well you're right about that, it's on both. That argument is over. Move on, you've posted a ton of comments on it and nobody is backing down. The Xbox Republic consensus is that Activision should just make it exclusive to 360. We'd love that idea and no amount of argument from you is going to change that.

I mean at some point you're just beating a dead horse. Go find another horse to abuse, meaning another forum, if you don't want to support the home team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha   mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

mw2 takes a dump on ps3 on national tv. video here. haha
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next