This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DS vs. PSP

Go down 
+21
Bluenose
s2000Joker
Invincible
Stoney
3DO Teabagger
Superkingz2
miroforlife
Pickles
DarkSwarm85
Pein
Lt Xplosi
the RPG guy
Arbiteris
Stigma
joe11
3DO Was Something
xjosh360s
DemonWolf
Angel In Black
ghost23
Kendo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Jk I love you all really lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:59 pm

^--lol but anyway..DDD im a psp supporter,but you have to understand that DS beats psp in sales,but the psp has better games,for me i prefer the psp,and ds is also good,but i hate the newest games from nintendo like mario
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
^--lol but anyway..DDD im a psp supporter,but you have to understand that DS beats psp in sales,but the psp has better games,for me i prefer the psp,and ds is also good,but i hate the newest games from nintendo like mario
Really. How come on my PSPgo the PS Store has less games, when it should have a ton of games? At this point I will take any game coming to the PS Store. Hell I will take those Star Ocean (1 and 2) and Final Fantasy (1 and 2) remakes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
@DDD

I've already addressed the gameplay situation *Copy and Paste*

Gameplay? Gameplay? You wanna talk about Gameplay? PSP has one, ONE analog stick, no R2 or L2, what do you get? A Limited Console Gameplay Experiance? LMAO! The DS has a stylus for touch motion, and it is used ALOT! It also has a built in mic which some games use, but not many. DS has more gameplay options than the PSP. The stylus is like a mouse hommie.

PC controls on DS
Limited Console Controls on PSP
LMAO!

DS has linear level design? *sigh* Have you ever even touched a DS? LMAO!

How is the DS basic? It's control scheme is completely different than the PSP or Consoles, it plays like a handheld PC. Hell there have been rumors of a Command and Conquer on the DS. It can be made, if a PSP version was made it would be a train wreck.

Multimedia - You are correct it doesn't matter so why mention it? Same with Graphics and number of players.

The online for both plays very differently. On PSP you have the very basic deathmatch type scenarios. On the DS many online games require strategy like in Crono Trigger, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc. But there are racing ones like Mario Cart and shooters like Metroid.

The DS is a great option for classic gamers who liked the NES and N64, and is also great for PC gamers who like the stylus.

And in addition with the game library the DS has more quality titles, not simply more games. And this is the most important.

DS wins overall.

DS has more and better RPGs, RTS, Platformer, Puzzle, Strategy, Side Scrollers, and innovative type games like Ace Attorney and Trauma Center.

Meanwhile the PSP has better shooters and stealth. And wins in downloadables, but only by a bit. And the online is more easily accessible, but altogether isn't that much better than the DS.

But racers and Action/Adventure are about the same on both.

lol analog sticks are for CONTROL. Gameplay is not about control. They're two different categories.
The touch screen & mic are novelties. Mic's only useful when playing an online game and in that case, some online games for psp have mics provided. Anyway, you'd look like an idiot talking to a handheld device. lmao
Plus, touch screens suck. You're poking a bloody stick into your screen. How can you get immersed into a game when you're pressing against the screen dividing you from the character? Razz On psp you never touch the screen so you can feel fully immersed into the experience.
Fine, psp has a lack of control but it's far more comfy and pleasing to use an analog stick than a control pad and a lame touch screen. Seriously, I hate using touch screens. I gave up on gaming with my Ipod Touch a week later after getting it. My brother stopped playing his ds when I got a psp and when he realised what he was missing out on, he bought one too and hasn't touched his ds since....oh wait he does, as an alarm clock!!! Very Happy I'm being serious. He's given up on it. It's just so boring to play ds's compared to psp.
But anyway...I've strayed from my point.

You can only mention control.
I'm talking about gameplay. I'm talking deep within the game.
What do you feel when playing a game on ds?
The best the ds can do is give you an addictive game but with very basic mechanics and gameplay that could've been done on a fooking snes!! It can't give you a playstation 2 experience.
PS2 is considered today as one of the, if not THE greatest system of all time.
Why? Games. It was considered revolutionary against previous systems.
Psp has games that perform to it's standards. God Of War, Resistance, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, Soul Calibur, Tekken, LittleBigPlanet, Jak N Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

The best the ds can do succesfully is a top down game. How immersive is that?!
When pushed to it's limits it can give you a free roam game but one that lacks awfully in gameplay. I mean, broken mechanics, sloppy animation, awful movement, and just painfully repetitive gameplay in repetitive level design and shaky environments.
I'm not exaggerating. Check out COP: The Recruit.

Perhaps we have a different taste in games. Well that clearly is the case. But imo, I'm right. The psp is a superior gaming system.
If the ds were to get a game that matched Ocarina Of Time, then cool. It may begin to meet psp's standards but it can't even get that. It's only got a bloody isometric legend of zelda game.

PSP wins in:
Racers

oh wait.... everything EXCEPT rts'

Example, let's take a look at multiplatform titles!

TOMB RAIDER LEGEND
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Tomb-raider-legend-20060823110359044_640w
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Tomb-raider-legend-20060619071447456

ASSASSINS CREED
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Assassins-creed-2-discovery-ds_s_003_stealthDS vs. PSP - Page 6 Assassins-creed-bloodlines-20090924002123475_640w

HARRY POTTER
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 18567_thumbzoomDS vs. PSP - Page 6 Img_15881_s30224_psp_7

FINAL FANTASY DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Final_fantasy_III_ds_20051028
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Images%3Fq%3Dfinal%2Bfantasy%2Bds%26start%3D54%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Crisis%20Core%20(2)

Understand now? Razz
Omg DDD ownage eight their
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Isn't it obvious that the GameGear wins.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:04 pm

ds pwns psp u guys are comparing multiplats but ds shines in all its exclusives franchises
ex: all types of mario series including:rpg,adventure,action,racing and sports,sonic series,zelda series,castle vania,metroid, guitar hero(ds lite),nintendogs,tony hawk,pokemon and more that aren't in famous series like those and all its features, honestly i never bought a multiplat game for the ds when i had a ds lite dude thats how much exclusive titles it has seriously and i wasnt even trying to buy exclusives only i choose the better games and it turned out that they were all exclusive to ds
and then on top of that ds has way more features than psp too there no point in even arguing about this ds wins
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
ds pwns psp u guys are comparing multiplats but ds shines in all its exclusives franchises
ex: all types of mario series including:rpg,adventure,action,racing and sports,sonic series,zelda series,castle vania,metroid, guitar hero(ds lite),nintendogs,tony hawk,pokemon and more that aren't in famous series like those and all its features, honestly i never bought a multiplat game for the ds when i had a ds lite dude thats how much exclusive titles it has seriously and i wasnt even trying to buy exclusives only i choose the better games and it turned out that they were all exclusive to ds
and then on top of that ds has way more features than psp too there no point in even arguing about this ds wins

The only reason you think that is because you say that you hate sony. I mean over half those games you listed are Multplat, or they really aren't that good of games.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
@DDD

I've already addressed the gameplay situation *Copy and Paste*

Gameplay? Gameplay? You wanna talk about Gameplay? PSP has one, ONE analog stick, no R2 or L2, what do you get? A Limited Console Gameplay Experiance? LMAO! The DS has a stylus for touch motion, and it is used ALOT! It also has a built in mic which some games use, but not many. DS has more gameplay options than the PSP. The stylus is like a mouse hommie.

PC controls on DS
Limited Console Controls on PSP
LMAO!

DS has linear level design? *sigh* Have you ever even touched a DS? LMAO!

How is the DS basic? It's control scheme is completely different than the PSP or Consoles, it plays like a handheld PC. Hell there have been rumors of a Command and Conquer on the DS. It can be made, if a PSP version was made it would be a train wreck.

Multimedia - You are correct it doesn't matter so why mention it? Same with Graphics and number of players.

The online for both plays very differently. On PSP you have the very basic deathmatch type scenarios. On the DS many online games require strategy like in Crono Trigger, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc. But there are racing ones like Mario Cart and shooters like Metroid.

The DS is a great option for classic gamers who liked the NES and N64, and is also great for PC gamers who like the stylus.

And in addition with the game library the DS has more quality titles, not simply more games. And this is the most important.

DS wins overall.

DS has more and better RPGs, RTS, Platformer, Puzzle, Strategy, Side Scrollers, and innovative type games like Ace Attorney and Trauma Center.

Meanwhile the PSP has better shooters and stealth. And wins in downloadables, but only by a bit. And the online is more easily accessible, but altogether isn't that much better than the DS.

But racers and Action/Adventure are about the same on both.

lol analog sticks are for CONTROL. Gameplay is not about control. They're two different categories.
The touch screen & mic are novelties. Mic's only useful when playing an online game and in that case, some online games for psp have mics provided. Anyway, you'd look like an idiot talking to a handheld device. lmao
Plus, touch screens suck. You're poking a bloody stick into your screen. How can you get immersed into a game when you're pressing against the screen dividing you from the character? Razz On psp you never touch the screen so you can feel fully immersed into the experience.
Fine, psp has a lack of control but it's far more comfy and pleasing to use an analog stick than a control pad and a lame touch screen. Seriously, I hate using touch screens. I gave up on gaming with my Ipod Touch a week later after getting it. My brother stopped playing his ds when I got a psp and when he realised what he was missing out on, he bought one too and hasn't touched his ds since....oh wait he does, as an alarm clock!!! Very Happy I'm being serious. He's given up on it. It's just so boring to play ds's compared to psp.
But anyway...I've strayed from my point.

You can only mention control.
I'm talking about gameplay. I'm talking deep within the game.
What do you feel when playing a game on ds?
The best the ds can do is give you an addictive game but with very basic mechanics and gameplay that could've been done on a fooking snes!! It can't give you a playstation 2 experience.
PS2 is considered today as one of the, if not THE greatest system of all time.
Why? Games. It was considered revolutionary against previous systems.
Psp has games that perform to it's standards. God Of War, Resistance, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, Soul Calibur, Tekken, LittleBigPlanet, Jak N Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

The best the ds can do succesfully is a top down game. How immersive is that?!
When pushed to it's limits it can give you a free roam game but one that lacks awfully in gameplay. I mean, broken mechanics, sloppy animation, awful movement, and just painfully repetitive gameplay in repetitive level design and shaky environments.
I'm not exaggerating. Check out COP: The Recruit.

Perhaps we have a different taste in games. Well that clearly is the case. But imo, I'm right. The psp is a superior gaming system.
If the ds were to get a game that matched Ocarina Of Time, then cool. It may begin to meet psp's standards but it can't even get that. It's only got a bloody isometric legend of zelda game.

PSP wins in:
Racers

oh wait.... everything EXCEPT rts'

Example, let's take a look at multiplatform titles!

TOMB RAIDER LEGEND
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Tomb-raider-legend-20060823110359044_640w
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Tomb-raider-legend-20060619071447456

ASSASSINS CREED
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Assassins-creed-2-discovery-ds_s_003_stealthDS vs. PSP - Page 6 Assassins-creed-bloodlines-20090924002123475_640w

HARRY POTTER
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 18567_thumbzoomDS vs. PSP - Page 6 Img_15881_s30224_psp_7

FINAL FANTASY DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Final_fantasy_III_ds_20051028
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Images%3Fq%3Dfinal%2Bfantasy%2Bds%26start%3D54%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Crisis%20Core%20(2)

Understand now? Razz
dude how is gameplay not about controll that makes no sense controll is the number one thing that effects game play for instance the 360 vs ps3 controller the 360 one winds because how much more comfortable it is then the ps3 one and the triggers on the 360 are superior while ps3 controller is small and u need to use the bumpers to drive and shoot on it, what i mean by this is that if ur comfortable with ur controls its going to affect ur gameplay so controls and gameplay are connected in a big way, and dude touch screens do not suck thats how ipod gaming is and its not bad either but ds has both dad and touch screen put together thats difference and on top of that ur a bit confused about the ds's mic the ds's mic is not only for talking its also for playing games thats why blackstigma talked about it theres alot of games for ds and lots of the games for ds have mini games that require blowing and talking so yes that also affects the gameplay in a way unlike the psp's that doesnt have any touchscreen minigames or blowing mini games lol i dont even think it has mini games in general acctually so what im trying to say is that ds has more games a larger viarity of games more features and better gameplay, really what does the psp have left??
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm

3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

The only reason you think that is because you say that you hate sony. I mean over half those games you listed are Multplat, or they really aren't that good of games.
well the fact is that ds is better than psp and no i dont have sony i still like psp all im trying to say is that ds is better and i also have a sony hd tv in my room but i want an lg instead tho
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:25 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

well the fact is that ds is better than psp and no i dont have sony i still like psp all im trying to say is that ds is better and i also have a sony hd tv in my room but i want an lg instead tho
so stop bringing the excuse saying that "i hate sony thats why" its not that i hate sony.. its just that there not very good at making things except laptop hardware vaio is awesome
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

lol I think this versus is bigger than any ps3 vs 360 post ever made on this forum Razz

But anyway, here's my response.

Ok.... ds may shine in it's exclusive franchises but I can say the same about psp!

btw those aren't exclusive franchises lmao

Guitar Hero isn't
Castlevania is't
Sonic isn't
Tony Hawk isn't, etc

If you're talking about exclusive between the two systems, you still haven't got the upper hand because psp has
TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND 2 REMIX - the greatest handheld skating game ever. I'm not just saying that. It is better than Underground 2 on the consoles thanks to the 4 new levels.
Castlevania, well psp has castlevania games including that 3D one.
Sonic, psp has Sonic Rivals.
It hasn't got guitar hero but it has rock band.

So the only thing in your defense is the following:
Pokemon
Zelda - not even as good as n64 version lol
Mario
Nintendogs

Well, psp has:

GRAN TURISMO
MOTORSTORM
SYPHON FILTER
JAK N DAXTER
RATCHET & CLANK
RESISTANCE
KILLZONE
SOCOM
GOD OF WAR
LITTLEBIGPLANET
etc

(omg I'm beginning to sound like a ps3 fanboy lmao, I just need uncharted 2 and blu ray to top it off Razz)

Anyway, that's just a couple of the exclusive franchises. What about exclusive must-have titles...

GRAND THEFT AUTO LCS/VCS
FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE
MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES
DISSIDIA
MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM

and so on.

Well, that was easy pwnage lol!

I mean, I respect your opinion. It's fine to prefer ds but I prefer psp and will defend it any time someone takes a shot at it because it's been one of my all time favourite systems for over 5 years I think it's been now...

anyway yeah... PSP PWNZ

And btw
why play this:
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Phantomhourlass

when you could hack a psp and play this:
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Ocarina-of-Time-001

I'm not kidding!
There are clever guys who are working on an emulator. So far they've managed to get the game working about 90% full speed (with sound) but they're always releasing updates and so I have no doubt that eventually they will get it working 100% with no bugs, crashes or anything.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

dude how is gameplay not about controll that makes no sense controll is the number one thing that effects game play for instance the 360 vs ps3 controller the 360 one winds because how much more comfortable it is then the ps3 one and the triggers on the 360 are superior while ps3 controller is small and u need to use the bumpers to drive and shoot on it, what i mean by this is that if ur comfortable with ur controls its going to affect ur gameplay so controls and gameplay are connected in a big way, and dude touch screens do not suck thats how ipod gaming is and its not bad either but ds has both dad and touch screen put together thats difference and on top of that ur a bit confused about the ds's mic the ds's mic is not only for talking its also for playing games thats why blackstigma talked about it theres alot of games for ds and lots of the games for ds have mini games that require blowing and talking so yes that also affects the gameplay in a way unlike the psp's that doesnt have any touchscreen minigames or blowing mini games lol i dont even think it has mini games in general acctually so what im trying to say is that ds has more games a larger viarity of games more features and better gameplay, really what does the psp have left??

drunken

Errrm, are you telling me that if the 360 had the ps3 controller instead you would suddenly prefer ps3? Are you telling me the controller is more important and takes priority over games?! Who are you, truthsettingUfree?! lol
Dude, control is an important aspect BUT only if it was an extreme case, eg: psp only had 2 buttons.

But in fact, it's just 2 buttons and an analog stick short of a ps3. It's not a serious thing. Some games like GTA have you hold onto the left trigger and use the analog stick to rotate, some games have auto-rotate camera, some games make you use the analog stick to control the character and let you use the control pad as camera control and some games will center the camera by pressing a button.
See, no big deal. As long as you can play these amazing games on psp and nowhere else, it's easy to look past the limited controls.

And you're defending ds for having a pad and touchscreen but attacking psp for having a pad & analog stick?! lol I'd take psp's controls anyday.
ANALOG STICK>TOUCH SCREEN otherwise why doesn't ps3 & 360 have a little touch screen pad on the controller, huh?

And you're not defending yourself very well lol I said you'd look stupid talking to your ds and you counter that by saying you can blow into it too!!! XD

Look, ds has a larger games library and in terms of genre or setting, a bigger variety but in terms of gameplay...as in everything you see as well as do, psp pwns.

Ds may have a range of gameplay styles BUT when a game's trying to be ambitious on ds, it usually fails miserably.

DS has NOTHING on PSP Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

lol I think this versus is bigger than any ps3 vs 360 post ever made on this forum Razz

But anyway, here's my response.

Ok.... ds may shine in it's exclusive franchises but I can say the same about psp!

btw those aren't exclusive franchises lmao

Guitar Hero isn't
Castlevania is't
Sonic isn't
Tony Hawk isn't, etc

If you're talking about exclusive between the two systems, you still haven't got the upper hand because psp has
TONY HAWK'S UNDERGROUND 2 REMIX - the greatest handheld skating game ever. I'm not just saying that. It is better than Underground 2 on the consoles thanks to the 4 new levels.
Castlevania, well psp has castlevania games including that 3D one.
Sonic, psp has Sonic Rivals.
It hasn't got guitar hero but it has rock band.

So the only thing in your defense is the following:
Pokemon
Zelda - not even as good as n64 version lol
Mario
Nintendogs

Well, psp has:

GRAN TURISMO
MOTORSTORM
SYPHON FILTER
JAK N DAXTER
RATCHET & CLANK
RESISTANCE
KILLZONE
SOCOM
GOD OF WAR
LITTLEBIGPLANET
etc

(omg I'm beginning to sound like a ps3 fanboy lmao, I just need uncharted 2 and blu ray to top it off Razz)

Anyway, that's just a couple of the exclusive franchises. What about exclusive must-have titles...

GRAND THEFT AUTO LCS/VCS
FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE
MEDAL OF HONOR HEROES
DISSIDIA
MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM

and so on.

Well, that was easy pwnage lol!

I mean, I respect your opinion. It's fine to prefer ds but I prefer psp and will defend it any time someone takes a shot at it because it's been one of my all time favourite systems for over 5 years I think it's been now...

anyway yeah... PSP PWNZ

And btw
why play this:
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Phantomhourlass

when you could hack a psp and play this:
DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Ocarina-of-Time-001

I'm not kidding!
There are clever guys who are working on an emulator. So far they've managed to get the game working about 90% full speed (with sound) but they're always releasing updates and so I have no doubt that eventually they will get it working 100% with no bugs, crashes or anything.
im talking about game franchises that arent on psp dude
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

LOL how in the world can u play rockband on a psp pressing buttons???
LMAO and the fact that u have to hack ur psp to make it cool isnt really that great out of the box ds is better than psp and dude just because the n64 version of zelda has better graphics than the ds version it doesnt mean that its anybetter than the one on ds i can bet u never had a ds or i u did u never gave it a chance its obvious sinse i dont know what it can do , and again u start talking about the 3d games on psp, ds is better when it comes to 2d thats why it does not need an analog stick man LOL @ the blowing thing i was just trying to prove thats theres many different ways to play a ds and if ur bored i bet u would LOL jk
but anyways if u wanna play ur 3d games on psp with bad cotrols be my geust but i rather play 3d games with good controls for it and i would preffer touch screen over analog on 2d games (which ds mostly has) STOP SIDE STEPPING unlike on game consoles on handhelds features really count like i mentioned b4 in this post:
ds shop
camera
more games
browser
mp3
hackable
photo morphing
recorder
voice changing
built in mic
music changing
wii points compatible
make your own movies
pichto chat
so in hardware clearly ds wins in games ds wins graphics psp wins and in features ds wins feel free to prove me wrong about that
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
LMAO and the fact that u have to hack ur psp to make it cool isnt really that great out of the box ds is better than psp and dude just because the n64 version of zelda has better graphics than the ds version it doesnt mean that its anybetter than the one on ds i can bet u never had a ds or i u did u never gave it a chance its obvious sinse i dont know what it can do , and again u start talking about the 3d games on psp, ds is better when it comes to 2d thats why it does not need an analog stick man LOL @ the blowing thing i was just trying to prove thats theres many different ways to play a ds and if ur bored i bet u would LOL jk
but anyways if u wanna play ur 3d games on psp with bad cotrols be my geust but i rather play 3d games with good controls for it and i would preffer touch screen over analog on 2d games (which ds mostly has) STOP SIDE STEPPING unlike on game consoles on handhelds features really count like i mentioned b4 in this post:
ds shop
camera
more games
browser
mp3
hackable
photo morphing
recorder
voice changing
built in mic
music changing
wii points compatible(but with PSN for PSP)
make your own movies
pichto chat
so in hardware clearly ds wins in games ds wins graphics psp wins and in features ds wins feel free to prove me wrong about that

Highlighted things PSP also has.

But PSP is also a phone, has a more developed online, custom radio, digital comics, downloadable music, usb charge port, remote play with PS3(and you can view your room with a PS3 via a PSeye), GPS, Gamesharing, & UMD movie compatable.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
ds shop
camera
more games
browser
mp3
hackable
photo morphing
recorder
voice changing
built in mic
music changing
wii points compatible(but with PSN for PSP)
make your own movies
pichto chat

Highlighted things PSP also has.

But PSP is also a phone, has a more developed online, custom radio, digital comics, downloadable music, usb charge port, remote play with PS3(and you can view your room with a PS3 via a PSeye), GPS, Gamesharing, & UMD movie compatable.
i know the psp has some of those features but whats tha point of paying for downloadable music on psn when u can download them for free on the internet and i almost forgot ds has gba backwards compatibility photo color changing, emoter lens, merge lens and resemblence lens (u can tell how much alike a person looks like another) photo effects, photo sharing, sd card(dsi) language changing when recording, camera games (like plsystation eye toy ex: wario ware) so now basically when i said camera was a feature i was wrong camera is a feature but it contains alot more features
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 am

joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me your joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP.. PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games", how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chiantown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disgaea, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excelent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
Na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media options, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me you're joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP… PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... Actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games," how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chinatown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disagree, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excellent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.
this is ds vs psp there is no iphone in it. an iphone is a phone not a handheld

our saying im acting like a ps3 fanboy but Ur bringing in the iphone which is not a handheld, like how ps3 fans bring the p.c. so owned

the ds has more games but the psp is a better overall in online, gameplay Imo, mutiplates, dlc, dc, and media options console and ds is like psn while psp is live because psp's online destroys ds

also does ur beloved iphone watch movies, and have umds
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Quote :
What are you talking about?!

It's a rythym game! What else do you need, a gimicky guitar add-on?! don't make me laugh.
In fact, as a real guitarist I'd much rather play by using buttons than play a fake guitar with 4 buttons instead of 20+ frets spanning accross 6 strings.

Quote :
LMAO and the fact that u have to hack ur psp to make it cool isnt really that great out of the box ds is better than psp
That was an extra thing I threw in there to show that even if you hack both systems the psp comes out on top.

Quote :
and dude just because the n64 version of zelda has better graphics than the ds version it doesnt mean that its anybetter than the one on ds
What made you think I was talking about graphics??? I was talking about gameplay!
Example, in the ds zelda games you're not moving forward. As much as you'd like to believe so, you're really just scrolling up, down, left & right.
It feels artificial and isn't immersive in the slightest which is pitiful seeing as the n64 is ollldd technology.

Quote :
i can bet u never had a ds or i u did u never gave it a chance its obvious sinse i dont know what it can do , and again u start talking about the 3d games on psp, ds is better when it comes to 2d thats why it does not need an analog stick man LOL @ the blowing thing i was just trying to prove thats theres many different ways to play a ds and if ur bored i bet u would LOL jk

xD
My brother owns one. He dislikes it more than me. lol in fact I don't dislike ds, I just think the majority of it's games are lame and overrated.
I have played quite a lot of games on it, I've even emulated the ones I've not played but don't enjoy many of them.
And if you're arguing 2D against 3D, it's pointless even having this discussion. You may as well play wii more than 360 and play xbla games more than xbox 360 retail games.
And yeah....the blowing thing's not really a good way to defend ds heheh

Quote :
but anyways if u wanna play ur 3d games on psp with bad cotrols be my geust but i rather play 3d games with good controls for it and i would preffer touch screen over analog on 2d games (which ds mostly has)

Fine, play your 2D games and a couple of 3D games with touch screen controls, blowing, sloppy animation, crap movement, broken game mechanics, bland/linear/empty level design, repetitive missions and bad ai while I play my:

3D
Hardcore
free roam
analog stick controlled games
with amazing animation
breathtaking physics
really immersive, decent level design filled with objects and very realistic too
smooth movement
tight mechanics
diverse and great variety of missions/tasks
good replay value
voice acting & high quality sound
loads of enemies on screen & once
fully animated and lively environments
and basically console standard gameplay!!

Quote :
STOP SIDE STEPPING unlike on game consoles on handhelds features really count like i mentioned b4 in this post:
ds shop<psp shop
camera < Psp has a camera. Buy it! Like you'd buy the wifi adaptor for 360.
more games < better games
browser < BETTER & FASTER & MORE COMPATIBLE BROWSER
mp3 < mp3, mp4
hackable < HACKABLE but BETTER AT HACKING!!!! PS1, N64, SNES, GBA emulators!!! PHONE!!!!
photo morphing < decent demos!
recorder < downloadable flash games &.... PRONZ!!!!
voice changing < Customisation of home page: wallpaper/themes
built in mic < psp 2000 & 3000 have built in mics
music changing < WTF? Ds hasn't even got decent sound quality.
wii points compatible < ????
make your own movies < bigger screen lol
pichto chat < instant messenger & send photos/files wirelessly
so in hardware clearly psp wins in games psp wins graphics psp wins and in features psp wins feel free to prove me wrong about that[/quote] sunny
PROVED 100% WRONG

DEMON DRAGON DUDE DOMINATES DELUSIONAL DS FANBOYS ONCE AGAIN
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:28 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Quote :

It's a rythym game! What else do you need, a gimicky guitar add-on?! don't make me laugh.
In fact, as a real guitarist I'd much rather play by using buttons than play a fake guitar with 4 buttons instead of 20+ frets spanning accross 6 strings.

Quote :
LMAO and the fact that u have to hack ur psp to make it cool isnt really that great out of the box ds is better than psp
That was an extra thing I threw in there to show that even if you hack both systems the psp comes out on top.

Quote :
and dude just because the n64 version of zelda has better graphics than the ds version it doesnt mean that its anybetter than the one on ds
What made you think I was talking about graphics??? I was talking about gameplay!
Example, in the ds zelda games you're not moving forward. As much as you'd like to believe so, you're really just scrolling up, down, left & right.
It feels artificial and isn't immersive in the slightest which is pitiful seeing as the n64 is ollldd technology.

Quote :
i can bet u never had a ds or i u did u never gave it a chance its obvious sinse i dont know what it can do , and again u start talking about the 3d games on psp, ds is better when it comes to 2d thats why it does not need an analog stick man LOL @ the blowing thing i was just trying to prove thats theres many different ways to play a ds and if ur bored i bet u would LOL jk

xD
My brother owns one. He dislikes it more than me. lol in fact I don't dislike ds, I just think the majority of it's games are lame and overrated.
I have played quite a lot of games on it, I've even emulated the ones I've not played but don't enjoy many of them.
And if you're arguing 2D against 3D, it's pointless even having this discussion. You may as well play wii more than 360 and play xbla games more than xbox 360 retail games.

Quote :
but anyways if u wanna play ur 3d games on psp with bad cotrols be my geust but i rather play 3d games with good controls for it and i would preffer touch screen over analog on 2d games (which ds mostly has)

Fine, play your 2D games and a couple of 3D games with touch screen controls, blowing, sloppy animation, crap movement, broken game mechanics, bland/linear/empty level design, repetitive missions and bad ai while I play my:

3D
Hardcore
free roam
with amazing animation
breathtaking physics
really immersive, decent level design filled with objects and very realistic too
smooth movement
tight mechanics
good replay value

Quote :
STOP SIDE STEPPING unlike on game consoles on handhelds features really count like i mentioned b4 in this post:
ds shop<psp shop
mp3 < mp3, mp4
hackable < HACKABLE but BETTER AT HACKING!!!! PS1, N64, SNES, GBA emulators!!! PHONE!!!!
so in hardware clearly psp wins in games psp wins graphics psp wins and in features psp wins feel free to prove me wrong about that
sunny
PROVED 100% WRONG

Very Happy[/quote]
ownage man your a beast..glad you owned those ds defenders LOOL Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me your joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP.. PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games", how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chiantown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disgaea, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excelent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.

Ipod Touch doesn't come into this.

In fact, why are we even talking about multimedia? That's what ps3 fanboys do when they can't win in the games argument. Shows that putting ds against psp's awesomeness is futile. We all know psp is better, so better that you need to resort to mentioning cameras & stuff & bring in other systems lmao!

And wtf!!
Who cares if the games are ports?! Can you bring your ps2 or ps3 on the train with you and play it?!
Come on then, show us!!!!

And ds has NOT got more A,AA,AAA games really. The best ds games would get like 5/10 on psp just because psp standards are set way higher.

Look, Gta CHinatown Wars is improved in EVERY single aspect on psp yet look, it got a LOWER score.

Why?

You expect more from psp.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

xD

Quote :

3D
Hardcore
free roam
with amazing animation
breathtaking physics
smooth movement
tight mechanics
good replay value

Quote :
ds shop<psp shop
mp3 < mp3, mp4
so in hardware clearly psp wins in games psp wins graphics psp wins and in features psp wins feel free to prove me wrong about that
sunny
PROVED 100% WRONG

Very Happy
ownage man your a beast..glad you owned those ds defenders LOOL Razz Razz[/quote]

Haha thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

Ipod Touch doesn't come into this.

In fact, why are we even talking about multimedia? That's what ps3 fanboys do when they can't win in the games argument. Shows that putting ds against psp's awesomeness is futile. We all know psp is better, so better that you need to resort to mentioning cameras & stuff & bring in other systems lmao!
And wtf!!
Who cares if the games are ports?! Can you bring your ps2 or ps3 on the train with you and play it?!
Come on then, show us!!!!

And ds has NOT got more A,AA,AAA games really. The best ds games would get like 5/10 on psp just because psp standards are set way higher.

Look, Gta CHinatown Wars is improved in EVERY single aspect on psp yet look, it got a LOWER score.

Why?

You expect more from psp.
exactly and how kendo brings the iphone e to this like a ps3 fanboy brings the p.c and im acting like a ps3 fanboy hypocrite
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 pm

joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
Na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media options, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
You kinda are acting like a PS3 fanboy (except replace the PS3 with the PSP) with that statement. PSP best media options, tell me you're joking. If you like media options get an iPod, it has superior media options over the PSP… PSP is not Live, not really. You know whats Live, the Windows Phone 7 Series is live. PSP is PSN. DS is Nintendo Wifi Connection. iPod Touch is....... Actually what is the iPod Touch?

Oh and about the "more quality games," how many PSP games are ports (console or different system) or remakes... lets see GTA Chinatown Wars, LBP, Fat Princess, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (great but is a remake), Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Star Ocean 1 and 2 (both great remakes but are still remakes), Ape Escape, Disagree, and so many others. PSP is a good system, but if you wanna talk about games DS has more A, AA, AAA games. If you like great games get a DS. If you like excellent media options get an iPod Touch. If you like ports or remakes of games with some original games get a PSP.

our saying im acting like a ps3 fanboy but Ur bringing in the iphone which is not a handheld, like how ps3 fans bring the p.c. so owned

the ds has more games but the psp is a better overall in online, gameplay Imo, mutiplates, dlc, dc, and media options console and ds is like psn while psp is live because psp's online destroys ds

also does ur beloved iphone watch movies, and have umds
Ok about the iPhone. But I do not even own one. I did not mention the iPhone, I said the iPod Touch, only thing about a phone I mentioned was the Windows Phone 7 Series (which the OS is made by Microsoft and has Xbox LIVE support). So...... yeah. When do you play online on a handheld usually? I dont play online on a handheld. Due to the fact my Wifi sucks in my house. The iPhone/iPod Touch does play movies, you download them from iTunes. Analysts believe the iPod Touch to be a platform, Apple believes the iPod Touch to be a platform, hell even Sony and Nintendo (Reggie Fils-Aime) believe the iPod Touch to be a platform. Im going by what the market thinks when I mention that. Who cares about UMDs? Obviously UMD movies were flawed and downgraded DVD movies with so much content cut out, but now they are irrelevant for movies because they did not do well and are no longer supported. They are only supported for games. I bought a PSPgo to stay away from UMD (also bought it because of its design).

Oh and about the multiplats, multiplats from console to PSP suck tbh, they are downgraded and usually play like a PS2 game (which without the second analog stick does not work as well). Btw Sony rarely puts movies on the stores due to them wanting Bluray to sell.

Btw I was talking about if you like media options get an iPod. When did I mention it being a handheld (using the term handheld)?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.

Also does Ur beloved iphone watch movies, and have umds
Ok about the iPhone. But I do not even own one. I did not mention the iPhone, I said the iPod Touch, only thing about a phone I mentioned was the Windows Phone 7 Series (which the OS is made by Microsoft and has Xbox LIVE support). So...... yeah. When do you play online on a handheld usually? I dont play online on a handheld. Due to the fact my Wifi sucks in my house. The iPhone/iPod Touch does play movies, you download them from iTunes. Analysts believe the iPod Touch to be a platform, Apple believes the iPod Touch to be a platform, hell even Sony and Nintendo (Reggie Fils-Aime) believe the iPod Touch to be a platform. Im going by what the market thinks when I mention that. Who cares about UMDs? Obviously UMD movies were flawed and downgraded DVD movies with so much content cut out, but now they are irrelevant for movies because they did not do well and are no longer supported. They are only supported for games. I bought a PSPgo to stay away from UMD (also bought it because of its design).

Oh and about the multi plats, multi plats from console to PSP suck tbh, they are downgraded and usually play like a PS2 game (which without the second analog stick does not work as well). Btw Sony rarely puts movies on the stores due to them wanting Bluray to sell.

Btw I was talking about if you like media options get an iPod. When did I mention it being a handheld (using the term handheld)?
but still u don't get the point its psp vs ds no ipod

So what the psp can play more movies that the ds and can the ds even do that I don't think so.

when at least the psp mutiplates beat the ds and don't add the consoles to it about mulitpltes keep it psp vs ds this its handheld wars
EX: chinatown wars beats the ds version of the ds in every aspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

DS vs. PSP
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: