This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think the Console war is useless?

Go down 
+23
Pickles
solidsnake63
Invincible
Stoney
Alan1994
Muse2223
joe11
Stigma
GeneralMLD
Rednose
im-360...xbox360
the RPG guy
DarkSwarm85
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Master_Chief
Arbiteris
Kendo
343_Guilty_Spark
Static103
Superkingz2
DemonWolf
Mr. Project Natal
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do YOU think the console war is useless?
Yes
Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 45 ]
No
Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 8 ]
Somewhat
Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 66

AuthorMessage
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:50 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
it is pointless, but fun

its basically a bragging rights war saying "my console/corporation is better then yours".
how you managed to sum up in 1 sentance what took some people a paragraph i will never know. Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I like debating, especially with the ones who eventually resort to petty insults because then you know you've won.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Yes because people resort to personal insults, racism, hate, etc...

Well, there's two things you need to understand about that.

1. PS3 fanboys unjustly insult and are full of racism and hate.

2. PS3 fanboys deserve to be insulted and live a life being hated.
agreed on that

Last edited by joe11 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm

it's useless because this doesn't affect the real world, because in the real world ps3 is dead last, and the 360 is in second place
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 am

The Console War is funny to watch and be a part of. Its for the entertainment of the person in it I think. Im never serious when defending my console (360) on the internet. After the argument I just LMAO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Muse2223
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Yes.

The console war is pathetic, and useless. It's full of people amateur trolls just trying to justify their purchases. To you guys: You don't need to prove that Xbox 360 is the best, mainly because it's an opinion. PS3 has many great games, Demon's Souls, God of War, LBP, Killzone 2, etc. Xbox has its' share of good games as well, and even the Wii does.

Last edited by Muse2223 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
No. PS3 fantards need to be punished for their stupidity. The ongoing last placeness of their console is punishing their brains so hard most of them have lost touch with reality. Hopefully if this persists they will start dieing off.

I dream of a future free of PS3 fantards.

That is why the console ware isn't useless.

Just ignore them. They try to ruin your fun. I recently encountered a fanboy on youtube. He went by "purewolfdog" or something. I replied to him once and he gave me an essay about how he thinks I'm a moron. I just ignored him and blocked him. Sadest part is that he made 2-3 new accounts. Lmao, it was fun blocking them all.

If you ignore them, they feel like they are wasting their time. So they go apeshit crazy. It's the ultimate way to piss a fanboy off.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Muse2223 wrote:
Yes.

The console war is pathetic, and useless. It's full of people just trying to justify their purchases. To you guys: You don't need to prove that Xbox 360 is the best, mainly because it's an opinion. PS3 has many great games, Demon's Souls, God of War, LBP, Killzone 2, etc. Xbox has its' share of good games as well, and even the Wii does.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 am

I think the console war is very childish. It's just weird to me that people watch videos of others who they hate. And then make videos to try to piss that person off. It's like me watching Fox News. They piss me off, so I don't pay them a bit of attention.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 am

Invincible wrote:
I think the console war is very childish. It's just weird to me that people watch videos of others who they hate. And then make videos to try to piss that person off. It's like me watching Fox News. They piss me off, so I don't pay them a bit of attention.

If you think the console war is so "childish" why'd you post in the Console War section of a forum founded on the purpose defending it's side in said war?

And about Fox News. It's no more bias then CNN and MSNBC. The only difference is CNN leans to the left, MSNBC socks liberal pole, and Fox leans slightly to the right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 am

Slightly to the right? lol...thats an understatement. All they do is bash Obama day in and day out. Nothing ever positive. I only watch BBC world news america. I cant stand bias news.

And I dont mind posting in the console wars. But Im not going to watch vids of people who bash the 360.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Invincible wrote:
Slightly to the right? lol...thats an understatement. All they do is bash Obama day in and day out. Nothing ever positive. I only watch BBC world news america. I cant stand bias news.

And I dont mind posting in the console wars. But Im not going to watch vids of people who bash the 360.

Yeah slightly to the right. There are only two commentators who really don't like Obama, and the same can be said about CNN's commentators when Bush was in office. MSNBC's commentators are the most bias in my opinion.

But that's the commentators, not the news. All day long all three channels run news and the only channel that lets it's bias ruin the news is MSNBC. Fox and CNN present the news straight. BBC World News is ok, but if you think they don't have a bias you're kidding yourself.

I think, more then likely, you lean left and therefor dislike Fox for running conservative commentary shows. If you really didn't like bias, left or right, you'd complain about the other networks as well.

I'm a moderate and I can tell you Fox does not "bash" Obama all day long. However I'd even go as far as saying MSNBC is flat out in the tank for the President and that's probably worse. A president should be scrutinized, if the media doesn't question the President's motives and actions then we might as well call him King.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:14 am

MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse, then Fox. I cant stand either one. But I think BBC is about as unbias as you can get. Im actually a libertarian...which is closer to republican then democrat
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 am

Invincible wrote:
MSNBC is just as bad, if not worse, then Fox. I cant stand either one. But I think BBC is about as unbias as you can get. Im actually a libertarian...which is closer to republican then democrat

I agree that MSNBC is terrible, but I really don't think Fox is all that bias. Take Bill O'Reilly for example. Most people I know that hate him never watch him. They base their opinion of him on the distortion and parody of him on The Daily Show and Colbert Report, which they forget is satire. O'Reilly is definitely conservative, but he brings on people with opinions of all types and is really just a watch dog. He gives his opinion of the news, which is his job as a commentator, but he is not in the tank for the Republican Party.

But that's the commentary side of Fox News. Most of the day is devoted to a 24 hour news cycle just like CNN, but unlike MSNBC, Fox doesn't present the news through a bias lens. If you want opinion you can watch the channel's varied personalities. If you want news you can avoid the opinion and stick to the straight news.

As for BBC America World News. All I've ever seen is straight up news coverage. I'm sure the really network broadcast 24/7 in the UK has commentary shows, each with their own bias.

BTW, if there's one show on Fox news I can recommend to everyone, if they care about current events, it's Red Eye. 12 Midnight on weeknights. It's a comedy opinion show with no measurable bias. The guest panel is always stocked with comedians and they basically make fun of the news.
Back to top Go down
solidsnake63
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
solidsnake63

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:31 am

at first it was a bit of a joke and some fun, but now its getting all personal and serious.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

Epic bump. I've been losing a lot of time in this console war. This one time, I was just gonna browse through Cracked.com for a while but instead I argued with a Ps3 fanboy for a whole fucking hour. I've been trying to avoid console war arguments for a while because I waste a lot of my time arguing on the internet.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:09 pm

solidsnake63 wrote:
at first it was a bit of a joke and some fun, but now its getting all personal and serious.

...and sensitive. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Of course its useless. But its also very entertaining. Especially on You Tube.
QFT
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:16 pm

console war is always the same arguements repeated over and over again. waste of time imo.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:38 pm

nalin41 wrote:
console war is always the same arguements repeated over and over again. waste of time imo.
I must admit it's funny reading some of the arguments, people will go to no ends to prove their console is better. Even worst some people eat, breathe, and sleep these console wars and if you show them some moral reasoning they will either call you a fanboy or say you're trolling.

But either way, it's a great laugh.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:57 am

i hate it personally, its designed to manipulate kids/less knowledgeable people all over something that is meant to be enjoyed and this last couple of years its spread big time..twitter/facebook/youtube. i enjoy a good social life but i love gaming, so i usually pick up two consoles per generation and try and fit in some time for both, usually when i have a hangover or a free night away from it all. sure i prefer xbox over ps3 but i still think the playstation 3 is a good console.

i dont like these fanboys, their attitudes stink and all seem to be weirdos, sorry if anyone takes offence here but I feel it needs to be said, if your going to take a snotty shitfaced attitude towards me in person over a games console i'm going to give you a smack in the mouth, you deserve it because if you're an absolute prick over entertainment equipment imagine what you are like over something that is really important?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:07 am

optimusprime wrote:
i hate it personally, its designed to manipulate kids/less knowledgeable people all over something that is meant to be enjoyed and this last couple of years its spread big time..twitter/facebook/youtube. i enjoy a good social life but i love gaming, so i usually pick up two consoles per generation and try and fit in some time for both, usually when i have a hangover or a free night away from it all. sure i prefer xbox over ps3 but i still think the playstation 3 is a good console.

i dont like these fanboys, their attitudes stink and all seem to be weirdos, sorry if anyone takes offence here but I feel it needs to be said, if your going to take a snotty shitfaced attitude towards me in person over a games console i'm going to give you a smack in the mouth, you deserve it because if you're an absolute prick over entertainment equipment imagine what you are like over something that is really important?
Some people really "live" this console war, it's a little scary.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:29 am

Alice wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

true story

i used to work for a web design company, i picked up a 360 on launch day on my lunch break and brought it back to work. this ugly rodent looking motherfucker called wayne used to work for sony as a q/a tester and then came to work here, he was sony mad. he even used to take a big shit on the pc gaming crew for having
"shitty online that doesnt really matter now" Shocked anyway he basically emptied the bin full of nearly empty drink cans etc into the bag where the 360 was so juice was all over the box, dripping into the gaps. i came back from my toilet break and people were giggling, i was paranoid and looked at the bag, it was a disgrace and this wayne guy laughed "shouldnt of bought such a shit piece box should you" in my younger-younger days i had a bit of a temper so i grabbed him by the throat and slammed his head into the desk. i got a two week suspension and lucky not to have lost my job. he just got on my nerves when he shouldnt have, a creepy looking prick who went on and on everyday to people who didnt just have a ps2 but other systems how they were stupid and how sony rules. i hated him at the time and felt embarrassed for doing so, you would just had to have been there to experience the attitude of this cretin.

oh and my 360 was alright...for three years Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:57 am

optimusprime wrote:
Alice wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

true story

i used to work for a web design company, i picked up a 360 on launch day on my lunch break and brought it back to work. this ugly rodent looking motherfucker called wayne used to work for sony as a q/a tester and then came to work here, he was sony mad. he even used to take a big shit on the pc gaming crew for having
"shitty online that doesnt really matter now" Shocked anyway he basically emptied the bin full of nearly empty drink cans etc into the bag where the 360 was so juice was all over the box, dripping into the gaps. i came back from my toilet break and people were giggling, i was paranoid and looked at the bag, it was a disgrace and this wayne guy laughed "shouldnt of bought such a shit piece box should you" in my younger-younger days i had a bit of a temper so i grabbed him by the throat and slammed his head into the desk. i got a two week suspension and lucky not to have lost my job. he just got on my nerves when he shouldnt have, a creepy looking prick who went on and on everyday to people who didnt just have a ps2 but other systems how they were stupid and how sony rules. i hated him at the time and felt embarrassed for doing so, you would just had to have been there to experience the attitude of this cretin.

That guy is pretty disgusting, he should've been let off. But it's great that your 360 didn't get destroyed, but I would've acted like it did.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:29 pm

optimusprime wrote:
Alice wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

true story

F*cking hell, seriously? That guy's a dick! I would've acted the same way as you...only I don't think I would let him live after that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Console war is useless?   Do you think the Console war is useless? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the Console war is useless?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2