This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives

Go down 
+11
Alan1994
igame
DemonWolf
Optimus Lime
xjosh360s
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
-jaz350z-
ghost23
jaykay
day walker
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives Empty
PostSubject: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Part 2 went up. PS3 won the round, leaving it at 4 to 5, with the PS3 leading by one.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:53 pm

The tide will turn. Ps3 has no big exclusives left this year while the 360 still has at least 3 AAA exclusives.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 pm

ghost23 wrote:
The tide will turn. Ps3 has no big exclusives left this year while the 360 still has at least 3 AAA exclusives.
This is true. All PS3 has left is Modnation Racers, which I don't doubt will be good (I'm in the beta, I know it's good), but Microsoft is saving all of their big guns for the fall. I'm particularly excited for Fable III and Splinter Cell: Conviction (even though SC is spring).
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 pm

You're forgetting Socom 4 as well as GT5. Along with Modnation that's 3 AAA exclusives
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 pm

In response to the video, I wouldn't say PS3 wins in games because games go by preference.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:18 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
You're forgetting Socom 4 as well as GT5. Along with Modnation that's 3 AAA exclusives

Socom 4 won't be AAA unless it utilises the Move amazing well, and from all reports at GDC, it wans't at all impressive. GT5 will get delayed. Modnaation Racers? come on is that what PS3 owners get pumped up about? A game that looks like Mario Kart. It won't be AAA.

I can add even more to the 3 that I mentioned before, I was only thinking about Halo Reach, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell. Don't forget about Fable 3, Crackdown 2 and a huge number of amazing XBLA games that will come out.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:41 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
My bad, I forgot about those. I can't believe I forgot GT5, that's going to be one of the biggest launches in PS3 history.

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
In response to the video, I wouldn't say PS3 wins in games because games go by preference.
He's saying that the PS3 has a more diverse library, which I happen to agree with. However, I happen to like the 360 library more.

ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Socom 4 won't be AAA unless it utilises the Move amazing well, and from all reports at GDC, it wans't at all impressive. GT5 will get delayed. Modnaation Racers? come on is that what PS3 owners get pumped up about? A game that looks like Mario Kart. It won't be AAA.

I can add even more to the 3 that I mentioned before, I was only thinking about Halo Reach, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell. Don't forget about Fable 3, Crackdown 2 and a huge number of amazing XBLA games that will come out.
Well, SOCOM 4 is far from finished, so we don't know how it will be. But it honestly doesn't look like AAA material to me. Having played MNR, I don't think that is AAA material either. I'd be surprised if GT5 didn't receive perfect scores considering how much time was spent on it. Nevertheless, they'll all be good games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Halo Reach, SC:C, Fable III, and Portal 2 will probably become AAA, Alan Wake might. I think the 360 will have more AAA titles this year. PS3 has GT5 and MNR that might go AAA, i highly doubt Socom 4 will become AAA. Although there still is Last Guardian.

You think maybe...a Doom 4 and Prey 2 for 360?
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:54 pm

lol just wait until 2010 is finished
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:15 am

BlackStigma wrote:

You think maybe...a Doom 4 and Prey 2 for 360?
I have a feeling Doom 4 will be PC-only. Remember the crappy console ports of Doom 3 we got last gen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:21 am

Sony has yet to announce some of thier 4th quarter games. But really, exclusives are a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Sony has yet to announce some of thier 4th quarter games. But really, exclusives are a personal preference.
That's true, we may get a surprise down the line like The Agency or Final Fantasy Versus XIII, but anything Sony announces from here on out will most likely come in 2011.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:24 am

oh and gears 2 doesnt look better then mass effect 2 lol
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:36 am

xjosh360s wrote:
Did he say that? I recall him saying Gears 2 is one of the best-looking games on the 360, as well as one of his favorites.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:49 am

jaykay wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Did he say that? I recall him saying Gears 2 is one of the best-looking games on the 360, as well as one of his favorites.
lol he said its the best looking game on xbox but i'm saying that mass effect 2 has more graphics than gears
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:55 am

xjosh360s wrote:
jaykay wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
lol he said its the best looking game on xbox but i'm saying that mass effect 2 has more graphics than gears
I couldn't compare. I think both of them are pretty good-looking compared to most 360 games. Gears of War's look is a lot grittier than Mass Effects, but I both think they look alright.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 am

jaykay wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
jaykay wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
I couldn't compare. I think both of them are pretty good-looking compared to most 360 games. Gears of War's look is a lot grittier than Mass Effects, but I both think they look alright.
i think me2 looks better
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 am

What's round 11?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:10 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

He hasn't said it yet but a good guess would be XBLA Games VS PSN games and we all know who will win that one.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

He hasn't said it yet but a good guess would be XBLA Games VS PSN games and we all know who will win that one.
PSN . . . wait, no XBLA. XBLA will win. Razz

I can think of a few reasons why PSN is better than XBLA, but the reasons why XBLA are better than PSN outweigh them. I think lack of downloadable PS2 titles will really hurt PSN.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:54 am

He said there was a "few" rounds to go. So round 11 = XBLA/PSN. Wonder what round 12 and/or round 13 will be.

Could be:

-Value
-Reliability
-XBLA vs PSN games

Can't really think of anything else.... sales maybe? But I don't see how he could factor this into the videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:46 pm

You also have to consider the audience, for example, Xbox has more Western games, and sci-fi, something I praise it for. The PS3 is more Japanese games, which I happen to not like at all.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
You also have to consider the audience, for example, Xbox has more Western games, and sci-fi, something I praise it for. The PS3 is more Japanese games, which I happen to not like at all.

Yeah except you don't get looadss of jrpg's outside of Japan on ps3 so that's a good thing lol.
Jrpgs should stay in Japan where they belong. I sure as hell don't want them here >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Yeah except you don't get looadss of jrpg's outside of Japan on ps3 so that's a good thing lol.
Jrpgs should stay in Japan where they belong. I sure as hell don't want them here >.<

QFT. Japanese games suck and are not worth anyone's time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives Empty

Back to top Go down

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next