This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives

Go down 
+11
Alan1994
igame
DemonWolf
Optimus Lime
xjosh360s
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
-jaz350z-
ghost23
jaykay
day walker
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:34 pm

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

He hasn't said it yet but a good guess would be XBLA Games VS PSN games and we all know who will win that one.
PSN . . . wait, no XBLA. XBLA will win. Razz

I can think of a few reasons why PSN is better than XBLA, but the reasons why XBLA are better than PSN outweigh them. I think lack of downloadable PS2 titles will really hurt PSN.

ps2 titles? wuldnt it take forever to download a ps2 game?
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
You're forgetting Socom 4 as well as GT5. Along with Modnation that's 3 AAA exclusives

Socom 4 won't be AAA unless it utilises the Move amazing well, and from all reports at GDC, it wans't at all impressive. GT5 will get delayed. Modnaation Racers? come on is that what PS3 owners get pumped up about? A game that looks like Mario Kart. It won't be AAA.

I can add even more to the 3 that I mentioned before, I was only thinking about Halo Reach, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell. Don't forget about Fable 3, Crackdown 2 and a huge number of amazing XBLA games that will come out.

hahaha, bro, you can't be serious.

SOCOM 4 getting good reviews will have nothing to do with the Move, GT5 won't get delayed past 2010, I'll put money on that and MNR is essentially LBP on wheels, how can that NOT receive good scores?

SOCOM 4 is developed by Zipper Interactive NOT Slant Six (developers of the crap-fest known as SOCOM: Confrontation). Every SOCOM game they've developed has been AA.

GT5 will get AAA scores even if it's not that great simply because of the hype.

Finally, ModNation Racers will be AAA (I'll put money on that as well) due to the fact that the "Play.Create.Share" genre is virtually non-existent, resulting in, essentially, a monopoly.

And in response to you listing off 360 exclusives: I'm not trying to prove that the PS3 has as many good games coming out as the 360. It doesn't. But to say that it only has 1 AAA game coming this year is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 pm

jaykay wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You think maybe...a Doom 4 and Prey 2 for 360?
I have a feeling Doom 4 will be PC-only. Remember the crappy console ports of Doom 3 we got last gen?

It wasn't a crappy console port, what are you talking about? And it got an 88 on metacritic
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/doom3?q=doom%203

I've noticed however most PC exclusives are generally RTS and MMOs nowadays. People like money, and shooters generally sell really well on 360, i mean Crisis 2 is coming to 360. Not to mention pirating issues. I think a Doom 4 on 360 is likely.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 pm

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

He hasn't said it yet but a good guess would be XBLA Games VS PSN games and we all know who will win that one.

I can think of a few reasons why PSN is better than XBLA, but the reasons why XBLA are better than PSN outweigh them. I think lack of downloadable PS2 titles will really hurt PSN.

The fact that you even have to think about who would win in arcade games scares me. Shocked

haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 pm

@-Jaz350z-

Socom 4 will probably be AA, I mean they just came out with MAG which was only A. It'll be a good game, but i doubt it'll get a AAA meta score. GT5 and MNR are basically guaranteed as AAA. However the 360 has Halo Reach, Portal 2, and SC:C which will very likely be AAA. And Fable 2 got an 89, it could have been AAA if it weren't for troll reviews. So there's a good chance Fable III could become AAA also. There's also Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 and PGR5 (game confirmed, but no official release date, but there is still a good chance it could release this year) which will probably be in the upper AA range. Along with some others.

I think the 360 has a stronger lineup left cause the PS3 came out with it's big guns already - Heavy Rain, Gow 3, MLB '10 The Show, MAG, WKC. And there's not too much left.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
You're forgetting Socom 4 as well as GT5. Along with Modnation that's 3 AAA exclusives

Socom 4 won't be AAA unless it utilises the Move amazing well, and from all reports at GDC, it wans't at all impressive. GT5 will get delayed. Modnaation Racers? come on is that what PS3 owners get pumped up about? A game that looks like Mario Kart. It won't be AAA.

I can add even more to the 3 that I mentioned before, I was only thinking about Halo Reach, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell. Don't forget about Fable 3, Crackdown 2 and a huge number of amazing XBLA games that will come out.

SOCOM 4 getting good reviews will have nothing to do with the Move, GT5 won't get delayed past 2010, I'll put money on that and MNR is essentially LBP on wheels, how can that NOT receive good scores?

SOCOM 4 is developed by Zipper Interactive NOT Slant Six (developers of the crap-fest known as SOCOM: Confrontation). Every SOCOM game they've developed has been AA.

Finally, ModNation Racers will be AAA (I'll put money on that as well) due to the fact that the "Play.Create.Share" genre is virtually non-existent, resulting in, essentially, a monopoly.

And in response to you listing off 360 exclusives: I'm not trying to prove that the PS3 has as many good games coming out as the 360. It doesn't. But to say that it only has 1 AAA game coming this year is ridiculous.

Socom 4 brings nothing new to the 3rd person shooting genre that hasn't been already done before and the only way that I see it reviewing well is if it can utilise motion controls well.

Yes, GT5 will most likely get AAA scores but I still firmly believe that it will not come out this year. Just look at the history of that game, it is really quickly becoming another Duke Nukem Forever. It is also likely that PGR5 will be announced this year and when that game shows off features that are non-existent in GT5, PD will be once again forced to go back and copy other games just like they did with Forza 3 last E3.
'
I seriously still don't understand why people stick to the belief that Modnation racers is going to be some amazing AAA game. I don't know too much about the game, but to me it just looks like Mario Kart on PS3.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm

ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Socom 4 brings nothing new to the 3rd person shooting genre that hasn't been already done before and the only way that I see it reviewing well is if it can utilise motion controls well.

Yes, GT5 will most likely get AAA scores but I still firmly believe that it will not come out this year. Just look at the history of that game, it is really quickly becoming another Duke Nukem Forever. It is also likely that PGR5 will be announced this year and when that game shows off features that are non-existent in GT5, PD will be once again forced to go back and copy other games just like they did with Forza 3 last E3.
'
I seriously still don't understand why people stick to the belief that Modnation racers is going to be some amazing AAA game. I don't know too much about the game, but to me it just looks like Mario Kart on PS3.

Does MW2 bring anything to the FPS genre? Does Forza 3 bring anything new to the racing genre? Does Uncharted 2 bring anything new to the Third Person Shooter Genre? The answer is no, yet we consider these games to be the definitive experience for their respective genres. That's a pretty weak argument.

ROFL! DUDE. GT is the grand-daddy of the racing sim genre: If anything, Forza, PGR and any other racing sims are copies of GT. Even if it was a "copy" of Forza or PGR, how would that result in poor scores?

Well I personally played the beta and from what I played it was a great game. You refer to it as Mario Kart on the PS3 yet it is so much more than that. Even if it was simply Mario Kart in HD, it would receive great scores. Add in a dash of user-created content and you have one heck of a racer.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:43 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
You also have to consider the audience, for example, Xbox has more Western games, and sci-fi, something I praise it for. The PS3 is more Japanese games, which I happen to not like at all.

Yeah except you don't get looadss of jrpg's outside of Japan on ps3 so that's a good thing lol.
Jrpgs should stay in Japan where they belong. I sure as hell don't want them here >.<

QFT. Japanese games suck and are not worth anyone's time.
Final Fantasy? Gran Turismo? Mario, for Christ sakes! Those are not worth anyone's time?

igame wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

ps2 titles? wuldnt it take forever to download a ps2 game?
Considering it takes forever just to download a demo, yes, it would take awhile, but Sony needs to find some way to add backwards compatibility to the PS3.

-jaz350z- wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
What's round 11?

The fact that you even have to think about who would win in arcade games scares me. Shocked

haha Laughing
I'm positive now that it is XBLA. tongue
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:56 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
jaykay wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I have a feeling Doom 4 will be PC-only. Remember the crappy console ports of Doom 3 we got last gen?

It wasn't a crappy console port, what are you talking about? And it got an 88 on metacritic

I've noticed however most PC exclusives are generally RTS and MMOs nowadays. People like money, and shooters generally sell really well on 360, i mean Crisis 2 is coming to 360. Not to mention pirating issues. I think a Doom 4 on 360 is likely.

yes ive heard many times that doom 4 is coming to 360 and ps3, i have my doubts on a ps3 release but you never know.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:

Does MW2 bring anything to the FPS genre? Does Forza 3 bring anything new to the racing genre? Does Uncharted 2 bring anything new to the Third Person Shooter Genre? The answer is no, yet we consider these games to be the definitive experience for their respective genres. That's a pretty weak argument.

ROFL! DUDE. GT is the grand-daddy of the racing sim genre: If anything, Forza, PGR and any other racing sims are copies of GT. Even if it was a "copy" of Forza or PGR, how would that result in poor scores?

Well I personally played the beta and from what I played it was a great game. You refer to it as Mario Kart on the PS3 yet it is so much more than that. Even if it was simply Mario Kart in HD, it would receive great scores. Add in a dash of user-created content and you have one heck of a racer.

No MW2 doesn't bring anything new and was rated high because of hype. CoD is not the definitive game for FPS, its just the most popular. The most definitive is either Battlefield or Halo.
Forza 3 and Uncharted 2 have qualities that make them stand out from the rest of the competition. Forza 3 has the most realistic car physics and the attention to detail to every car is unmatched in the industry. Uncharted 2 has the most impressive technology in the industry.
Those features make Uncharted 2 and Forza 3 stand out from the rest of the competition. That is why we call these the definitive experiences for their respective genres.
Socom 4 however, is yet to have anything that defines it as something special and something that makes it stand out.

Mate, Gran Turismo WAS the grand-daddy of the racing sim genre. I don't doubt that, but it WAS, not anymore.It is greatly evident that it is playing catch up on Forza. And I never said it would result in poor scores, ready my bloody post, I said that it will get AAA, but it wont come out this year.

I'm gonna stop talking about Modnation cause I honestly don't know anymore about it than I have already said.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm

ghost23 wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

No MW2 doesn't bring anything new and was rated high because of hype. CoD is not the definitive game for FPS, its just the most popular. The most definitive is either Battlefield or Halo.
Forza 3 and Uncharted 2 have qualities that make them stand out from the rest of the competition. Forza 3 has the most realistic car physics and the attention to detail to every car is unmatched in the industry. Uncharted 2 has the most impressive technology in the industry.
Those features make Uncharted 2 and Forza 3 stand out from the rest of the competition. That is why we call these the definitive experiences for their respective genres.
Socom 4 however, is yet to have anything that defines it as something special and something that makes it stand out.

Mate, Gran Turismo WAS the grand-daddy of the racing sim genre. I don't doubt that, but it WAS, not anymore.It is greatly evident that it is playing catch up on Forza. And I never said it would result in poor scores, ready my bloody post, I said that it will get AAA, but it wont come out this year.

I'm gonna stop talking about Modnation cause I honestly don't know anymore about it than I have already said.

You're taking things out of context. You said it "...doesn't bring anything new to the table."

Did your grandfather ever stop being your grandfather? Did he somehow become your son? No. That's like saying Doom isn't the grand-daddy of FPS's simply because others have come along.

I don't want to argue with you and I don't mean to sound like a dick.

My point was simply to prove that the PS3 has plenty of good exclusives coming out. I didn't even mention other games like Last Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:04 pm

How could the PS3 win this round?
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
jaykay wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Metacritic-Shmetacritic. That game was crap, even on PC, and the console versions were even worse.
Back to top Go down
PS2 is better than ps3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm

LP is just biased, you can tell he prefers ps3, I mean xbox CLEARLY won the round AND the multimedia round! Just pure fanboy-ism hidden if PS3 wins the whole "vs" then that 100% means that he's biased.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 pm

PS2 is better than ps3 wrote:
LP is just biased, you can tell he prefers ps3, I mean xbox CLEARLY won the round AND the multimedia round! Just pure fanboy-ism hidden if PS3 wins the whole "vs" then that 100% means that he's biased.
Right, because the PS3 is garbage in every single way compared to the 360. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:17 pm

rofl...the PS3 is obviously better for multimedia, where have you been?

As far as your username, if that's supposed to mean the PS3 is trash you probably shouldn't say PS2 considering it's factually the best system ever created.
Back to top Go down
PS2 is better than ps3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 am

-jaz350z- wrote:

As far as your username, if that's supposed to mean the PS3 is trash you probably shouldn't say PS2 considering it's factually the best system ever created.

Best? No online network, bad graphics, ect.

I'm comparing by today's standards.

PS3 = graphics thats the only thing it has rollling. And shitty games that got lucky reviews.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 am

-jaz350z- wrote:

Actually the Dreamcast is the best system ever created. It was god's gift to gamers. Not multimedia fans, gamers. Gamers bought, played, loved, and miss the greatness that was the Dreamcast. So many unique killer games yet people snubbed it in favor of the overrated PS2. It's a shame and a black spot in the history of gaming, gamers who skipped on the Dreamcast should be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Actually the Dreamcast is the best system ever created. It was god's gift to gamers. Not multimedia fans, gamers. Gamers bought, played, loved, and miss the greatness that was the Dreamcast. So many unique killer games yet people snubbed it in favor of the overrated PS2. It's a shame and a black spot in the history of gaming, gamers who skipped on the Dreamcast should be ashamed.

I'm speaking in terms of sheer amount of quality games. Of all people, this forum should know it's all about the games.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 am

-jaz350z- wrote:

PS3 = graphics thats the only thing it has rollling. And shitty games that got lucky reviews.

I understand that you're a fanboy and all but to simply troll the PS3 isn't helping you. What, may I ask, does the 360 have that the PS3 doesn't in terms of multimedia? Excluding last.fm of course
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

I understand that you're a fanboy and all but to simply troll the PS3 isn't helping you. What, may I ask, does the 360 have that the PS3 doesn't in terms of multimedia? Excluding last.fm of course

Dont take the guy serious.Im pretty sure hes just here to mock us
Back to top Go down
PS2 is better than ps3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Windows Media center, duh. Zune market place, 1080p movies. Easy as that just like mld said "RENDERING BLU RAY USELESS", dude it's not even a competition 360 is a better console, even if ps3 was a better movie/music system, its about the games. I'll admit we are limited to only the movies available for download so ps3 could win in that sense. Hell I don't use my 360 for movies, so my opinion isn't even that valid. And no I'm not mocking you guys..
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Windows Media center, duh. Zune market place, 1080p movies. Easy as that just like mld said "RENDERING BLU RAY USELESS", dude it's not even a competition 360 is a better console, even if ps3 was a better movie/music system, its about the games. I'll admit we are limited to only the movies available for download so ps3 could win in that sense. Hell I don't use my 360 for movies, so my opinion isn't even that valid. And no I'm not mocking you guys..
1080p movies hardly render Blu Ray useless. Sure, it may match the resolution, but it won't match the storage medium that a Blu Ray disc brings.

I know we're supposed to be "rooting for the home team", but can I argue against things that I find a little too fanboyish?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm

From what I've seen, these comparisons seem pretty fair. PS3 is only ahead by 1 point so far. I think 360 will comeback and win the final rounds.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:31 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

You do realize that the Playstation Store also has HD movies (not sure if it's 1080p but it is HD) and because Sony is so involved in the media outlet, they have access to more movies then the Zune Marketplace. I understand that you think the 360 is better overall but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about multimedia and multimedia alone. If you want to make this about games then we'll go back to your previous statement:
Quote :
How the hell can you get lucky reviews? I mean really? Of all the things to complain about the PS3, why the games? The PS3 crushed the 360 in games last year. Why do you think MW2 was voted best 360 game? Oh, right, because the only big games released last year were L4D2 and Forza 3. If you were to say, "I think the 360 has better games this year," or "The 360 is my favorite console," I couldn't care less as it's your own opinion. Saying "PS3 = graphics thats the only thing it has rollling. And shitty games that got lucky review," is probably one of the most idiotic things I've heard especially after your comment that Heavy Rain is a "work of art" and deserved better scores than AA. Your logic is a bit interesting. If you could please draw me a map or something that'd be great because at the moment, I'm lost in your web of idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives   Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Techno buffalo console wars round 10, exclusives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next