This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

God of war goty

Go down 
+20
joe11
Lt Xplosi
gamer4life
Stigma
The Freemon34
Master_Chief
Superkingz2
Arbiteris
the RPG guy
Sir.Zillah
Stoney
DarkSwarm85
Invincible
Blixtstorm
Optimus Lime
jaykay
343_Guilty_Spark
AsianSensation
ghost23
arnt god of war
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am

Ok I just got the horrible thought that gow might get goty... I almost threw up really if any sight gives it goty. I will blacklist it same goes for tv channels just wanted to put my opinion out there and was wondering what other people thought
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am

I highly doubt it. It is an amazing game, I don't doubt it. The visuals are spectacular and the action is insane, but it just doesnt stack up to God of War 2 in terms of story and atmosphere. The gameplay also feels a bit too recycled. It's not enough to get GOTY.

There is only one real contender at the moment and thats Mass Effect 2. .
Back to top Go down
AsianSensation

AsianSensation

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 am

It has a good chance of getting the award but 360 has halo bring the competition!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 am

All the website podcasts I listen to, and I listen to a lot of the, are all saying that their favorite game this year is still Mass Effect 2. GoW3 was good, but Mass Effect 2 tops it.

I still think that Halo: Reach will pwn all, but if Mass Effect 2 wins GOTY I wouldn't argue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:21 am

If God of War III won, I wouldn't be upset, it's a fantastic game and is a sure-fire contender for GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

I don't think ME2 will get GOTY, it just doesn't stack up to Mass Effect in terms of story, atmosphere and the general feeling you get whilst playing the game. Mass Effect brought lots of fresh and innovative ideas to the table but Mass Effect 2 just capitalised on this so we have a bad environments, mediocre innovation and it just seems recycled.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:
I don't think ME2 will get GOTY, it just doesn't stack up to Mass Effect in terms of story, atmosphere and the general feeling you get whilst playing the game. Mass Effect brought lots of fresh and innovative ideas to the table but Mass Effect 2 just capitalised on this so we have a bad environments, mediocre innovation and it just seems recycled.

Recycled? Wait what game did you play?

Its called a sequel for a reason... Just look at the God of War games... really innovating.... Mass Effect 1 was to buggy imo, and the story was on par with the story in Mass 2. Its the highest rated game this year (so far), it will probably stay there... The only thing i can see that will put it of its throne this year is if TES 5 will release... Nothing else... Not even Reach or Fable 3...

Again, it sounds like you have never played the game... Bad enviroments.... You mean compared to the excellent generic worlds in Mass 1?
Yes you are entitled to an opinion... but it sounds like you havent played it... Everyone that has says it is an improvement to Mass 1 in every aspect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Ok I just got the horrible thought that gow might get goty... I almost threw up really if any sight gives it goty. I will blacklist it same goes for tv channels just wanted to put my opinion out there and was wondering what other people thought

GOW3 probably won't win GOTY, but it's a great game so I won't be at all upset even if it does. I would only go so far as to boycott a site if they awarded it to something undeserving like Just Dance.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:

wow dude, that sounds like you haven't seen a single gameplay video let alone play the game. Tell me how you can judge a game when you are never seen it?
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm

A sequel is suppose to be similar to the previous game.
It's Mass Effect 2, not "different game 2"
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Bad environments!? Get hell outta hear.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm

i didnt mean to sound like a fanboy or anything but really a 8-16 hour game with limited to no replayablilty should not get goty it would just make a mockery out of the title goty in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I was just twisting what ghost23 said. Most sequels don't redefine the core of the game. Mainly the visuals and the fluidity of the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:25 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
i didnt mean to sound like a fanboy or anything but really a 8-16 hour game with limited to no replayablilty should not get goty it would just make a mockery out of the title goty in my eyes
Have you played the game? Do you know if it has a lot of replayability? From what I've heard, it absolutely does. I know people who have played the game numerous times over and over and over. Just because a game isn't open-world or doesn't have multiplayer doesn't mean it lacks replayability. Who cares how long the game is? As long as it's enjoyable, length shouldn't matter. Portal is only two or three hours long, but it's one of my favorite games this gen. If you're complaining about the length, that means that the game is good, because you obviously want more.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:22 am

jaykay wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Have you played the game? Do you know if it has a lot of replayability? From what I've heard, it absolutely does. I know people who have played the game numerous times over and over and over. Just because a game isn't open-world or doesn't have multiplayer doesn't mean it lacks replayability. Who cares how long the game is? As long as it's enjoyable, length shouldn't matter. Portal is only two or three hours long, but it's one of my favorite games this gen. If you're complaining about the length, that means that the game is good, because you obviously want more.
yes ive played portal and portal is good but portal isnt a full retail game with years of development. from what ive heard it doesnt and from my expierence with single player games is that once you know the story whats the motivation to watch/play it again which is why i dont buy movies because i watch them once and their never that good again and length does matter if you cant get more than a few hours of enjoyment out of a 60$ game is it really worth it?(also i never beat the game because the story wasnt in my eyes good or maybe it was the charecters idk)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:33 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
I was just twisting what ghost23 said. Most sequels don't redefine the core of the game. Mainly the visuals and the fluidity of the gameplay.

Ahh but you see. Mass Effect 2 totally redefined the combat. If you had played it you would know. Mass Effect 1 shooting felt horrible. Mass Effect 2 shooting is nearly on par with Gears of War 2.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 am

I thought Mass Effect 2 was outstanding. Its a game worthy of GOTY in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:42 am

arnt god of war wrote:
jaykay wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
yes ive played portal and portal is good but portal isnt a full retail game with years of development. from what ive heard it doesnt and from my expierence with single player games is that once you know the story whats the motivation to watch/play it again which is why i dont buy movies because i watch them once and their never that good again and length does matter if you cant get more than a few hours of enjoyment out of a 60$ game is it really worth it?(also i never beat the game because the story wasnt in my eyes good or maybe it was the charecters idk)
I played the Gears of War 2 campaign numerous times . . . touched the multiplayer maybe once. Sometimes the gameplay is good enough or the story is interesting enough that you'll want to replay the game.

I'd honestly rather get a few great hours out of single-player than put hundreds of hours into a mediocre multiplayer or a mediocre open-world game.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 am

ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

Ahh but you see. Mass Effect 2 totally redefined the combat. If you had played it you would know. Mass Effect 1 shooting felt horrible. Mass Effect 2 shooting is nearly on par with Gears of War 2.

Haven't picked up ME2 yet because it's so damn expensive... I don't have $119 lying around just before SC:C and AW
Back to top Go down
ghost23

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:56 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

Haven't picked up ME2 yet because it's so damn expensive... I don't have $119 lying around just before SC:C and AW

LOL do u actually buy games at $119? Don't take the bullshit that EB Games puts out because games shouldn't be retailing at $119. I buy all my standard editions at either $99 for big titles or $79 for smaller titles. The only time i pay more than that is for special editions.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
jaykay wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

- most people was loyal to Halo:odst .........
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
jaykay wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

- most people was loyal to Halo:odst .........
odst does have halos multiplayer on its own though it has firefight 4 player co-op and an open world city
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:26 pm

peoples goty awards dont matter to me. mine is the only one i realy care about.

so far my goty is no more heroes 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Invincible
Invincible

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

LOL do u actually buy games at $119? Don't take the bullshit that EB Games puts out because games shouldn't be retailing at $119. I buy all my standard editions at either $99 for big titles or $79 for smaller titles. The only time i pay more than that is for special editions.

A video game cost $119 where you live? Suspect Holy crap that's expensive! Even $99 brand new is insane. I'll never bitch about paying $50-$60 ever again. God bless America.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Invincible wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

A video game cost $119 where you live? Suspect Holy crap that's expensive! Even $99 brand new is insane. I'll never bitch about paying $50-$60 ever again. God bless America.

Yeh i always find it annoying when people bitch about paying $60 for a game. I'd do anything to only pay $60. Even taking into account import costs and exchange rates, shit it still overpriced by like 50% in Aus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God of war goty Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty Empty

Back to top Go down

God of war goty
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: