This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time

Go down 
+19
arnt god of war
Zombl337
Invincible
Noelol
Stigma
Superkingz2
Pein
DarkSwarm85
Ozsem
handkerchief
Sonji
Blixtstorm
andes755
igame
ghost23
Madtoker
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
joe11
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:14 pm

people just voted their favorite game, how's lbp their when it's not even a series, whys killzone, guitar hero, and gears here also this makes no sense mario should obviously be on top or higher just because what it has done in gaming, where's the mature gamers who're are in their 40's or 30's. where the fuck is teris this is bs only a few make sense
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:17 pm

also left 4 dead just came out in 2008, also why's smackdown vs raw even their
this list is full of litte kids or teens which disgust me. this list ruins gaming history and why's perfect dark not here
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
The ones that matter to us:

1.Halo > 5.Metal Gear
8.Gears of War > 20.Final Fantasy (they got most of the series) + 27.LittleBigPlanet
28.Saints Row (we got the first game) > 33.KillZone
35.Left 4 Dead > 38.Gran Turismo + 40.Ratchet & Clank

So while the games we have are quite a bit better than theirs, they have more on the list...for some ....reason....
but ddd u got to admit gears being that high is kinda dumb it would of did better 20th, and left 4 dead beating r and c, and gt is weird because i won't say it's one of the best gaming series
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:22 pm

the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Saints Row???
I dont know why that is on the list.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman
Honestly, Halo and MGS shouldn't even be in the Top 10. If it was games that had a significant impact on gaming, then they both would be below the Top 10.

Halo isn't in the top 10 for the most significant impact on gaming?
Are you serious?
Halo set the standard for what console FPS's should be like. The only reason you see games like MW2, Left 4 Dead 2 and even Killzone 2 is because of Halo.
It would definitely be in the top 10 impact on gaming.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:26 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman
Honestly, Halo and MGS shouldn't even be in the Top 10. If it was games that had a significant impact on gaming, then they both would be below the Top 10.

Are you serious?
Halo set the standard for what console FPS's should be like. The only reason you see games like MW2, Left 4 Dead 2 and even Killzone 2 is because of Halo.
he has a point joe and mgs should be their because it made what sleath game r today 4 ex: splinter cell. also set a standard in story telling and has one of the best stories in gaming
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:45 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
he has a point joe and mgs should be their because it made what sleath game r today 4 ex: splinter cell. also set a standard in story telling and has one of the best stories in gaming
Like I said, they still wouldn't be in the Top 10. Halo wouldn't have even been thought of if it wasn't for FPS games like Goldeneye, Battlefield(Codename Eagle), Half Life, I can go on and on. Halo is not the holy grail of FPSs. It's one of the most played games of this generation sure, but ten years from now Halo will be a thing of the past. IT hasn't set a standard for anything, what game is like Halo? Too many kids and not enough adults voted on the games. That's all there is to it.
i dislike you for a number of reasons. but anyways this isnt most innovative or anything its favorites.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:47 am

joe11 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Halo deserves the top spot. Mario and Zelda are old hat.
in today's world yes but mario has been here since the 80's and he's the mascot of gaming. also halo is kinda new it came in 2001 and halo only has 6 games, but i respect your opinion i don't like mario that much but the 6th spot is low 4 what it has done
yes mario deserves the top spot because its getting milked more than a cow with 102 utters yeah...
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:59 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
Like I said, they still wouldn't be in the Top 10. Halo wouldn't have even been thought of if it wasn't for FPS games like Goldeneye, Battlefield(Codename Eagle), Half Life, I can go on and on. Halo is not the holy grail of FPSs. It's one of the most played games of this generation sure, but ten years from now Halo will be a thing of the past. IT hasn't set a standard for anything, what game is like Halo? Too many kids and not enough adults voted on the games. That's all there is to it.
i dislike you for a number of reasons. but anyways this isnt most innovative or anything its favorites.
And I see no reason for you to dislike me. Because I don't like Halo? I know it's not most innovative, I just said if it was then half of those games wouldn't even be on the list.
i have a problem with you 2 (both joes) and a couple of other people here trying to argue a list based on opinions
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:08 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?

Halo has set the standard for console fps. There's no way you can argue against that. You mentioned Half Life, that was a PC title and FPS on PC's were already established but not on consoles. Then theres Goldeneye, it was great for its time but you play it in 2010, it doesn't hold up.
I've have never said that Halo is the holy grail of FPS's in general, but it is definitely the most innovative console fps. I need to emphasis the console part of this statement. You go play Halo CE 10 years later and I guarantee the controls will still hold up.
As for what game is like Halo, Halo set the standard for how console FPS should control like and all FPS's are somehow based on the Halo CE control scheme.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:13 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
and yes halo is the holy grail of fps atm
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:24 am

arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
And I see no reason for you to dislike me. Because I don't like Halo? I know it's not most innovative, I just said if it was then half of those games wouldn't even be on the list.
i have a problem with you 2 (both joes) and a couple of other people here trying to argue a list based on opinions
me what i do i thought we were cool and like i said it's my opinion ok
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:27 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
Based on opinions of a select age group.
link or stfu
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:30 am

joe11 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?
me what i do i thought we were cool and like i said it's my opinion ok
we are its just when i read this list is terrible blah blah blah it gives me the impression that people cant respect others opinions a good way of disagreeing is.

eg: i think [insert game here] should be #

not: omg this list is horrible [game] should be #
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:35 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
I don't need a link.
If Saints Row is ranked higher than Battlefield then you know something is up.

anyways thats no proof so for all you know everyone they surveyed could have been 20+
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:29 am

Joe DeRita wrote:
The poll is a joke, and you are the only one denying that.
And now that I think about it, no Dynasty Warriors? Wtf?
yes because some people dont agree with it its a joke /sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:43 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Halo deserves the top spot. Mario and Zelda are old hat.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Wait a minute...no Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Alive? That's not correct. I'm well aware that Tecmo has rapped and mutilated Team Ninja but those games deserve to be there.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Who actually could decide 50 games of all time? I could never do that. An ok list at best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Kendo wrote:
Who actually could decide 50 games of all time? I could never do that. An ok list at best.
Shigeru Miyamoto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Joe DeRita wrote:
joe11 wrote:
the real top 6 imo is
1mario
2. zelda
3.teris
4.halo
5.mgs
6.pacman

Are you serious?

Halo would be in the top 10 because, as it didn't have a big impact for its gameplay or story telling, but for its MP. It set the standard for all modern online shooters. That isn't opinion, that is fact. Without Halo: CE's MP, online FPS's would be a lot different. A LOT different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Halo, Mario, Zelda, ect would be on the top spots for biggest impact on gaming of all time, but this isnt that list. This is (a very stupid) top 50 games of all time, not biggest impact. Very few of these games would be on the biggest impact list.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:30 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Halo, Mario, Zelda, ect would be on the top spots for biggest impact on gaming of all time, but this isnt that list. This is (a very stupid) top 50 games of all time, not biggest impact. Very few of these games would be on the biggest impact list.

You are correct biggest Killzone wouldn't anywhere near a biggest impact list. The most "impact" it did was show other devs how to shadow cheat and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:45 pm

I love it how all you guys are getting so pissed off over the GWR's top 50 games. It's their opinion so what ever. It is what it is. Hell, If I made a top 10 Xbox 360 Exclusive, I'm probably not going to put Halo 3 as my first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time   Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guinness World Records top 50 games of all time
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next