This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version

Go down 
+16
andes755
Blackou7
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Hivemind
Stoney
Invincible
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
Pein
Sir.Zillah
343_Guilty_Spark
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
Stigma
Master_Chief
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Wow,do all ps3 games use this much memory?i mean,i got like 15-20 xbox 360 games and ive only used 10 gb so far I beleive.3.7 is a hell alot more memory than my xbox games use
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:55 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Well, atleast the smallest HDD the PS3 comes with is 120GB, right? Lol
Except for the millions of people who own older PS3s and haven't bought a Slim yet.

LoLoLoL you beat me first, i was also to say that hehehehehe

Althought i think you can install any HDD into a PS3 right? It doesn't matter they're version.
Thats true although that becomes an added expense just to accomodate all these mandatory installs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Hivemind wrote:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/16/splitsecond-install-size-a-typo/

Calm yourselves.
Thats still bad. Almost 4gigs of space wasted on yet another mandatory install.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:09 pm

One of these days they need to start packing HDD's with the games hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:47 pm

I have about 25 games for my 80 GBs PS3. I installed all of those who needed it and along with patches, pictures, videos, etc. I still have 10 GBs available.

So, even tough installs are a bitch, do not get your panties in a bunch for a game that probably won't make it to the Top 15/20 of 2010.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:28 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
One of these days they need to start packing HDD's with the games hehehehe

Lol, so true. Let's say someone has a lot of games installed on an 80gig and only has 10 gigs left of space. That's only one or two games left before it's full and he has to start uninstalling games and deleting media like pictures and stuff. Sucky choice between being able to play a game when you want or having to reinstall it because you deleted it for another game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Do you really think a person with 25 games plays them all?

I know what you're saying, but let's be realistic here: if you have that many games, you're playing like 5-6 at a time. The others are just laying on the shelf (especially if they're single player only).
And a game install takes like 5 minutes, average. So, if one day, out of the blue, I decide to play that game again for some reason, I really wouldn't mind to install it again all that much. Especially if names like Metal Gear Solid 4 are on the table.

In the end, do installs suck? Yeah, a little.
Are they worth opening a thread to start bashing the PS3 and scream victory? No.

On this issue, it's like the PS3 and 360 are two homeless men and the 360 has a cookie in their hand and the PS3 has bread crums. Congratulations 360, you won! Too bad you're still hungry....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Hivemind wrote:

I know what you're saying, but let's be realistic here: if you have that many games, you're playing like 5-6 at a time. The others are just laying on the shelf (especially if they're single player only).
And a game install takes like 5 minutes, average. So, if one day, out of the blue, I decide to play that game again for some reason, I really wouldn't mind to install it again all that much. Especially if names like Metal Gear Solid 4 are on the table.

Are they worth opening a thread to start bashing the PS3 and scream victory? No.

On this issue, it's like the PS3 and 360 are two homeless men and the 360 has a cookie in their hand and the PS3 has bread crums. Congratulations 360, you won! Too bad you're still hungry....

lol.
I'm guessing blu-ray means nothing to you?
Because if it did then you would complain about how 360 has multiple disks and it takes time to swap them. The fact that you're calling 5/10 minutes every time you want to play a game you've not played in a while, nothing then I take it that you agree ps3 is indeed not superior to 360?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Hivemind wrote:

Apologizing for Sony huh? Do they pay you to do their PR?
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Even though Blu-Ray isn't being used "100% right", as you call it, I'd take it over DVDs any day. Aside from making the PS3 a great media center, it's more reliable and offers more features than the DVD.

On the long run, a 360 user will spend more time swapping discs than a PS3 user will spend installing/unistalling games.

And we have a good example of that from a recent release: FF XIII. I bought it for the PS3, inserted the disc and played, played and played. No disc swaps, no install.

You guys had the same game but had two choices: play disc swap ou use up 18.3 GBs of your HD. 18.3! And we're talking Final Fantasy, a very mainstream title. Award winning game. Not a game like Split/Second, which nobody will remember by the end of the year.

So, that being said, you may not have "mandatory installs", but the disc-swap will always hang around your heads.
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:12 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Does M$ pay you to do those empty little comebacks? Seriously, don't even try with me, kid.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Hivemind wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Does M$ pay you to do those empty little comebacks? Seriously, don't even try with me, kid.

Lol, you're priceless. Did you not read the welcome messages before joining the forum? If you want to defend the PS3 and disparage the Xbox 360, I suggest finding a Sony cock sucking forum. If you're not here to root for the home team, go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Hivemind wrote:
On the long run, a 360 user will spend more time swapping discs than a PS3 user will spend installing/unistalling games.

You sir are unbelievable stupid.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Hivemind wrote:

You sir are unbelievable stupid.

Yeah, how many multi-disc games are there? Forza 3 doesn't count becuase the second disc is an optional content disc kind of like DLC. Mass Effect 2 is I think, but it's so good only butthurt PS3 fantards would care about changing discs half way through. Aren't the rest boring-ass JRPGs like FF13? On the other side it seems like every other game requires an install to deal with the PS3's slow ass Blu-Ray drive. We can choose to install if we want, but the fact is that every game on the Xbox 360 instantly works as soon as you throw the disc in, not so with 20-30 minute installs like the overrated MGS4.
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:42 pm

So, if they're boring or really good, they don't count? Nice argumentation, bro. Except when you say it, you say it like an opinion, not a fact. Therefore, it's invalid. No matter how many games you find "boring" or "masterpieces that shouldn't be regarded". It's there, it counts.

And regarding the comment about MGS4, the 360 wakes up every morning wishing they had an exclusive with the plot quality of MGS4. Says me and the reviews.

Toodles.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Hivemind wrote:
360 wakes up every morning wishing they had an exclusive with the plot quality of MGS4.

LMAO! How pathetic can you get? That post was vomiting of Fanboyism. Halo doesn't have a good plot at all. Exactly the reason that the franchise has branched into Anime, Comics, and Literature.
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Hivemind wrote:
360 wakes up every morning wishing they had an exclusive with the plot quality of MGS4.

LMAO! How pathetic can you get? That post was vomiting of Fanboyism. Halo doesn't have a good plot at all. Exactly the reason that the franchise has branched into Anime, Comics, and Literature.

Thanks for helping me building up my point, I guess...

Ok. Show me a better 360 Exclusive (a real exclusive, not that "it's not on PS3" crap) that got so much praise form both the players and reviewers.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Hivemind wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Hivemind wrote:

Ok. Show me a better 360 Exclusive (a real exclusive, not that "it's not on PS3" crap) that got so much praise form both the players and reviewers.

Wow...you are really stupid. I put down the sarcasm pretty think there.

Forza Motorsport 3

""it's not on PS3" crap"

Cause you know, PS3 fanboys need to hide behind another system.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Hivemind wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Hivemind wrote:

PS3 fanboyism causing you to troll a forum you have no business joining, huh? He was obviously being sarcastic. The Halo universe has spawned countless spin off media becuase IT IS deep and rich with content.

Only a PS3 fantard would think games like Mass Effect don't count. PS3 "wakes up every morning wishing they had an exclusive with the plot quality of" of Mass Effect 2.

Oh and MGS's plot and writing is laughable. It's worse than your average anime. Full of long winded angst and overly melodramatic hours and hours of tedious cutscenes.

Go find a PS3 fanboy forum, this is not the place for you.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Sun May 16, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Everyone Shut up, Wii >>>>> 360 and Ps3. Razz Mhuahahahahahahahha
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Obviously this sucks, but don't you guys install your 360 games to your hard drive? I know I do. Not sure if the mandatory installs for PS3 are as beneficial as the 360 installs are. I love my 360 being quieter than a mouse.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Hivemind wrote:

On the long run, a 360 user will spend more time swapping discs than a PS3 user will spend installing/unistalling games
Not true. Actually there are way more games on PS3 with mandatory installs than there are multi-disc 360 games. And I would much rather take two seconds to swap a disc than watch my precious hdd space get eaten away as I sit there waiting for the game to install instead of being able to just play it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Hivemind wrote:
So, if they're boring or really good, they don't count? Nice argumentation, bro. Except when you say it, you say it like an opinion, not a fact. Therefore, it's invalid.

And regarding the comment about MGS4, the 360 wakes up every morning wishing they had an exclusive with the plot quality of MGS4. Says me and the reviews.

Toodles.
LMAO Yeah because we wish we had a game where we have to sit through 30 minute cutscenes between every 10 minutes of actual gameplay.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:39 am

Hivemind wrote:

I guess it must really suck that the entire Halo trilogy and Mass Effect 2 has a higher metacritic than MGS4. It must also suck that Metal Gear Solid is coming to XBOX 360.
The PS3 wakes up every morning wishing that they didn't have idiots like you on their side.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:47 am

Blackou7 wrote:
Obviously this sucks, but don't you guys install your 360 games to your hard drive? I know I do. Not sure if the mandatory installs for PS3 are as beneficial as the 360 installs are. I love my 360 being quieter than a mouse.

I install all my 360 games. But it's optional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next