This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 32
Location : Canada

MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Sorry, but thats no excuse.
The DreamCast came out before all the competitors, but, they didn't have faulty hardware.
The DreamCast was in the same position as Microsoft was in 2005. But, their hardware was fine.

Yeah cause the PS2 was so reliable right? I guess it crapping out on me 4 times was just misfortune right?
Sorry, I got my PS2 on launch and it still works.
So obviously the PS2 is reliable and your experiences are irrelevant. Does that make sense to you? Thats what your basically saying to me.
And did I say the PS2, no, I said the DreamCast.

You're talking about hardware, therefore PS2.

Quote :
I got my PS2 on launch and it still works.

Quote :
So obviously the PS2 is reliable

Yeah that totally proves it.
Dude, double standards.
"I guess it crapping out on me 4 times was just misfortune right?"
And I only said that to mimick what you said.
The PS2 is more reliable then the old 360.
Also consider there are 120 Million PS2 sold. Some are bound to break. But they never had anything called Ps2 of death.

It's more reliable than the old 360, but is it reliable? No, DRE plagued the fats, and sometimes they'd shit out and stop working.
Ok, not the point. I said DreamCast because it came out first, like the 360. I'm just saying MLD's excuse is not justifiable if Sega could do it.

your comparing different generations........and are thinking about this from a strict gamer point of view, rather then seeing this from a business sense. Understandable but still........
But, you always go back to different gens. You say the PS2 has unreliable hardware and inferior hardware to the Xbox, but, no one cared..

Let me put it this way. Sure Dreamcast and 360 were each first out. However the dreamcast was built nothing like 360 is. Dreamcast had by far the least graphics power potential, even PS2 could outdo it by a lot. Never mind the slightly more powerful Gamecube and mammoth Xbox. Less power under the hood is perhaps what led them to making the console faster, and since it didnt push the console too hard, overheating issues were no problem. he 360 however has a lot of power, way more then Wii and almost as much as the PS3. Overheating issues are bound to happen unless sufficient quality control was done. But again if you read my article Microsoft simply didn't have the time.
No offense, but, I honestly don't believe that they just couldn't have placed the fans in a better place because they didn't have the time. The fans were flawed and a minor redesign wouldn't take so much time.

If you did your homework it was more then the fans. The 90nm CPU and 90nm GPU simply consumed too much power, providing more strain on the 360 then simple fans could compensate for.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
I was googling and I honestly can't find ANYTHING saying the PS2 has a bad failure rate.
I Guess you never heard about the class action lawsuit that Sony lost because of all the disc drive failures (DDRE).
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-04-27

MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Microsoft:We dont have enough time xbox, the PS3 will be out soon, we have to sell you NOW!

Xbox 360:But im not ready yet! You cant sell me yet!

Microsoft:OPEN YOUR EYES XBOX! Dont you see that if the PS3 comes out first we will be lucky to even sell one one of you.

Xbox 360:But, but just give me a few more months please!

Microsoft:I am sorry xbox *wipes tear from eye* I am sending you to the stores now *presses big red button*


Xbox 360: * Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

THE END.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
Microsoft:We dont have enough time xbox, the PS3 will be out soon, we have to sell you NOW!

Xbox 360:But im not ready yet! You cant sell me yet!

Microsoft:OPEN YOUR EYES XBOX! Dont you see that if the PS3 comes out first we will be lucky to even sell one one of you.

Xbox 360:But, but just give me a few more months please!

Microsoft:I am sorry xbox *wipes tear from eye* I am sending you to the stores now *presses big red button*


Xbox 360: * Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

THE END.

LMAO!

Yes that's exactly what happened. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
I was googling and I honestly can't find ANYTHING saying the PS2 has a bad failure rate.
I Guess you never heard about the class action lawsuit that Sony lost because of all the disc drive failures (DDRE).

After about 10 different google searches this is the only one that I found that wasn't from some random forum:

http://video-games.elliottback.com/sony-settles-ps2-lawsuit/

I think there are a few reasons why it wasn't a big problem.

1. It sold so many, of course there'd be faulty units

2. It only happened in the fat PS2s.

3. This generation already started when this lawsuit happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.    MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
MLD Archives #2: The end justifies the means.
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» FantageHelp - Blog Archives
» What is NNGO?
» math help..
» What Blake Shelton Means To ME
» Creature of the Week 2: Saand

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos :: MLD Archives-
Jump to: