This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument

Go down 
+9
GeneralMLD
Alex
II XShogunX II
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
daveMastaKill
Mr. Cole Drake
DemonWolf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alex
Seaman Recruit
Alex

"Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:30 pm

II XShogunX II wrote:
It is amazing how badly some people read. Do you know what the word "distinguish" means? It means to draw the line between two things and differentiate them from one another.

Read, slowly. "The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a machine for consumers to buy solely for playing video games from a Personal Computer."

Read it again.
And again.

Do you understand what is being said? Distinguish from.

Also what I said is true, when a guy walks into a store and thinks of buying a PS3, 360 or Wii, he does not check to see if the games are on PC because he wants to buy a PS3, 360 or Wii, not a PC.

This thread was about whether or not the PC was a console in which from that definition it proves that the PC is in fact a console no matter what scenario a person is in such as you said someone go's to the store to buy a console and you say someone wont look to see what games are on what system which is completely false. If someone was going to spend their money on a console, they would research it first. How many people just walk into a store buying a 300$ system without knowing anything about it
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Alex wrote:
II XShogunX II wrote:
It is amazing how badly some people read. Do you know what the word "distinguish" means? It means to draw the line between two things and differentiate them from one another.

Read, slowly. "The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a machine for consumers to buy solely for playing video games from a Personal Computer."

Read it again.
And again.

Do you understand what is being said? Distinguish from.

Also what I said is true, when a guy walks into a store and thinks of buying a PS3, 360 or Wii, he does not check to see if the games are on PC because he wants to buy a PS3, 360 or Wii, not a PC.

This thread was about whether or not the PC was a console in which from that definition it proves that the PC is in fact a console no matter what scenario a person is in such as you said someone go's to the store to buy a console and you say someone wont look to see what games are on what system which is completely false. If someone was going to spend their money on a console, they would research it first. How many people just walk into a store buying a 300$ system without knowing anything about it

OH MY GOD, are you joking, or are you really that stupid? "The term PS3 is used to distinguish it from the Xbox 360" "The term console is used to distinguish from a personal computer." The definition says that the term "console"refers to anything other than PC and Arcade cabinets and handhelds.

Let's start by giving you the definition of the term Gaming Console

Main Entry: game console
Part of Speech: n
Definition: an electronic device for playing video games, usu. requiring connection to a television;

Here is the definition of a PC

–noun

1. Also called processor. an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations. Compare analog computer, digital computer.

And lastly, here is the definition to the word "console"

–noun

1. a television, phonograph, or radio cabinet designed to stand on the floor rather than on a table or shelf.
2. the control or monitoring unit of a computer, containing the keyboard or keys, switches, etc.
3. a desklike structure containing the keyboards, pedals, etc., by means of which an organ is played.

This comes directly from the Dictionary for Gods sake.

Next thing I know you are going to try and tell me that keyboards and mice are controllers, or that apples are pears because they are from the same seedling.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I don't think where it was ported from makes any difference. If you can play a game on PC, then it's not an xbox360 exclusive. You could say it's a Microsoft exclusive, however.

That's total bullshit.

PC is not a gaming console so it doesn't count in this console war. If you can't play it on PS3 than it's exclusive to the Xbox 360. Last time I checked you don't get a $3,000 gaming PC when you buy a PS3.
Bingo! That's my argument when a ps3 fanboy says that to me xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:02 pm

And wow, a lot of intelligent comments from 360 owners here. Wink
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:03 pm

when will ps3 fanboys understand that the pc is not a damn console jesus christ, I hate when they say "ooh but I can get it for PC so its not an xbox 360 exclusive" and I bet most of them only own a regular pc or a laptop and cant even play pc games, not everyone has a damn gaming pc wtf lol
Back to top Go down
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:19 pm

If it's on more than one platform, then it's multi-platform. Simple as that. Sure, you can use terms like "console exclusive" and "multi-platform game not on PS3", but they don't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:22 pm

tehpanterafan wrote:
If it's on more than one platform, then it's multi-platform. Simple as that. Sure, you can use terms like "console exclusive" and "multi-platform game not on PS3", but they don't mean anything.

Yeah it's technically multiplatform but that means nothing. As someone already said, you don't get a $1000 pc when you buy a ps3 and so the "its on pc" argument is flawed. Also, another person stated that 80% of ps3 owners don't own a high-end/powerful pc.
Back to top Go down
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:25 pm

pspvampire wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:

Yeah it's technically multiplatform but that means nothing. As someone already said, you don't get a $1000 pc when you buy a ps3 and so the "its on pc" argument is flawed. Also, another person stated that 80% of ps3 owners don't own a high-end/powerful pc.
It differs with every person. You could argue that most people don't own a high-end PC, but it's technically still multi-platform. There weren't that many PS3 owners when the console was $600. Does that mean that games on the 360 and PS3 are 360 exclusives because the 360 was the cheaper and more-utilized console at the time?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:46 pm

On more time.

You just don't seem to get it. Nonthing you've said matters, you're just wrong and you keep trying to attack it from a slightly different angle like some kind of PS3 fanboy.

Sorry for such an insult, but I'm starting to get fed up with this argument.

Get it straight.

This is a Console War, as in Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. The PC isn't part of the console war. It's not a console and gaming computers aren't handed to PS3 owners with each purchase. EGM never even included PC in their "Electronic Gaming Monthly" magazine.

It doesn't matter if a game is on PC if it's on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 doesn't have it. It's exclusively NOT on the PS3.

Console gamers don't buy PC games. PS3 owners claim they do, but they lie to try to marginalize the Xbox 360. Console gamers buy consoles and games for them. Traditionally average console gamers pick one system and stick with it. That's why it's called a console war.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:39 pm

tehpanterafan wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:

It differs with every person. You could argue that most people don't own a high-end PC, but it's technically still multi-platform. There weren't that many PS3 owners when the console was $600. Does that mean that games on the 360 and PS3 are 360 exclusives because the 360 was the cheaper and more-utilized console at the time?

Nope but those games still matter and 360 still deserves credit for having them. Have you noticed all these mindfucked ps3 fanboys refuse to include those games when comparing the games library? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
On more time.

You just don't seem to get it. Nonthing you've said matters, you're just wrong and you keep trying to attack it from a slightly different angle like some kind of PS3 fanboy.

Sorry for such an insult, but I'm starting to get fed up with this argument.
If it walks like a brownie and talks like a brownie........
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:50 am

If a PC is a Consoles, then a Console is a PC. When you say that a PC is a console, then you are also saying that a Console is a PC, because a PC is a console.

So you are infact telling me that an Xbox 360 is actually a Personal Computer, and that a Personal Computer is actually an Xbox 360............. awesome! I never knew my Console was a PC and my PC was a console, thanks for telling me.
Back to top Go down
iEatYellowCrayons
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:32 pm

all u stfu with "multiplatform". if its on 360 and not on ps3 its exclusive. idc if it was on wii, we have it dey dont EXCLUSIVE. doesnt take a genius 2 figure dat 1 out.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Seaman Recruit
Alex

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:33 pm

II XShogunX II wrote:
If a PC is a Consoles, then a Console is a PC. When you say that a PC is a console, then you are also saying that a Console is a PC, because a PC is a console.

So you are infact telling me that an Xbox 360 is actually a Personal Computer, and that a Personal Computer is actually an Xbox 360............. awesome! I never knew my Console was a PC and my PC was a console, thanks for telling me.

nope, technically a console is a computer not necessarily a PC but could be a computer solely for gaming. "a video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or electronic device" well a PC is an interactive entertainment and it is an electronic device and has a video display signal. Definition of Computer: "A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a set of instructions". So why don't you guys admit it yet that a PC is a console and if your saying that a PC isn't a console than neither is an Xbox 360 or a PS3 since all three are computers that are interactive entertainment and have a video display signal on a TV, Monitor(referring to a PC monitor), etc.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Alex wrote:
II XShogunX II wrote:

nope, technically a console is a computer not necessarily a PC but could be a computer solely for gaming. "a video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or electronic device" well a PC is an interactive entertainment and it is an electronic device and has a video display signal. Definition of Computer: "A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a set of instructions". So why don't you guys admit it yet that a PC is a console and if your saying that a PC isn't a console than neither is an Xbox 360 or a PS3 since all three are computers that are interactive entertainment and have a video display signal on a TV, Monitor(referring to a PC monitor), etc.

That still means by your logic the Wii, 360 and Ps3 are all Personal Computers.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 pm

So I am going to go with your argument for a while, ok, and I am going to severely break it.

Tell me, Mister Alex, how many Pre-orders of MW2 are for PC, and how many are for 360? Or tell me why all games that are on 360 and PC sell double on 360 than they do on PC? Since you are trying to tell us that people would rather buy these games for PC, then why the hell is PC the lowest selling "console" in game numbers?

And don't try to bullshit now, just give a straight answer. Why does 360 sell twice as much games as PC if people would rather play on PC?
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:19 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I don't think where it was ported from makes any difference. If you can play a game on PC, then it's not an xbox360 exclusive. You could say it's a Microsoft exclusive, however.

That's total bullshit.

PC is not a gaming console so it doesn't count in this console war. If you can't play it on PS3 than it's exclusive to the Xbox 360. Last time I checked you don't get a $3,000 gaming PC when you buy a PS3.

Get it straight.

This is a Console War, as in Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. The PC isn't part of the console war. It's not a console and gaming computers aren't handed to PS3 owners with each purchase. EGM never even included PC in their "Electronic Gaming Monthly" magazine

i agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Alex wrote:
II XShogunX II wrote:

You have failed yet again and you have failed so epically I can only assume it is intentional and you're just stealth trolling.

Fact: All machines with a CPU, RAM, etc. are "computers".

Fact: A "computer" designed and released solely for gaming is a CONSOLE.

Fact: A "computer" built for work and a wide array of other uses is a Personal Computer.

Ergo, by definition, a Console is NOT a PC and a PC is NOT a Console.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I think the last system that was built solely for video games was the gamecube. These days they all do a lot of other stuff too.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I think the last system that was built solely for video games was the gamecube. These days they all do a lot of other stuff too.

WTF?

Are you serious? Adding a few features does not a PC it make.

The Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii are video game consoles. The PC is a personal computer.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would seriously consider a home console to be a PC. It doesn't take much contact with the two to be able to see what makes them soooooooooooo different.

Wake up people.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm not saying it makes them a PC. I'm just saying video games are their primary function, not their sole function.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument   "Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Xbox 360 games on pc don't matter" argument
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2