This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!

Go down 
+13
Master Chief
DemonWolf
AgentA-Mi6
Mr. Project Natal
spartan225
SeriousSam22
ghost23
Zombl337
Master_Chief
M3A7L04F
Arbiteris
handkerchief
Kendo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:20 pm

Project Natal Informer wrote:
I trust gamestop for buying games just not trading them in. also Games that are old i dont trust getting from them.

I bought Cod Modern Warfare 1 for around 49.99 for used!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in JULY. the shit had sticky stuff on the top and scratched like a cat had a rampage on it! WTF
Thats why I make them let me inspect the disc before I buy it.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 pm

They buy used games because they don't have money anymore because they spend all of their money on their PlayStation, so they need to buy used games because they're cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 pm

pspvampire wrote:
No way lol I buy most my games used. Most people I know buy them used. I don't think the disk scratching thing really makes much difference.

same. the only time i buy new is if its a Day 1 purchase otherwise its used because i always install games to my HDD which then takes care of the disc scratching problem. Also if u want to avoid it, just ask the person at the counter to have a look at the disc and they must let you.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Master Chief wrote:
They buy used games because they don't have money anymore because they spend all of their money on their PlayStation, so they need to buy used games because they're cheap.
Now we have two Master Chiefs. lol
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Why can't people just invent their own name.

scratch
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:49 pm

i thought the reason ps3 fanboys didnt buy games was because off there asses hurting from so much buttsex,
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:57 pm

i won't say they're poor but they keep bragging bout how amazing their exlcusives are b4 they're released but gues WHAT!!!!............... scratch -moment of silence-.......... they go out to those shops and buy 3rd party games for example

Imagine me as ps3 fanboy

I enter a GAME -UK- (Gamestop -US)
I see Uncharted 2 on the PS3 top releases chart
Then I see Modern Warfare 2 on the top releases chart aswell
I gladly ignore Uncharted 2 and pick up Modern Warfare 2
I pay.. go home and have fun
Few hours later...
I log on to my pc then type in
"oh oh...uncharted 2 is the best, MW2 sucks...uncharted 2 rapes modern warfare 2 any day"
Then i log off and go play MW2
-The End-
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Static103 wrote:
i won't say they're poor but they keep bragging bout how amazing their exlcusives are b4 they're released but gues WHAT!!!!............... scratch -moment of silence-.......... they go out to those shops and buy 3rd party games for example

Imagine me as ps3 fanboy

I enter a GAME -UK- (Gamestop -US)
I see Uncharted 2 on the PS3 top releases chart
Then I see Modern Warfare 2 on the top releases chart aswell
I gladly ignore Uncharted 2 and pick up Modern Warfare 2
I pay.. go home and have fun
Few hours later...
I log on to my pc then type in
"oh oh...uncharted 2 is the best, MW2 sucks...uncharted 2 rapes modern warfare 2 any day"
Then i log off and go play MW2
-The End-
LMAO Thats so true.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:47 pm

I think the reason PS3 sells less games is because when their owners go to the store, they also have the option to buy blu ray movies. So while they might be considering getting Brutal Legend, they end up seeing Inglorious Bastards on blu-ray for half the price and getting it instead. I've been in similar situations myself plenty of times.

If Wii owners are casual gamers and 360 owners are hardcore gamers; I think PS3 owners are somewhere in the middle like "casual hardcore" gamers. Every now and then they'll get their Uncharted or Killzone on. But for the most part they're using their PS3's to watch movies and surf the net.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:50 pm

According to this site (link below), 66% of people bought it for Blu-ray. That would explain it if correct, which it seems to be since Blu-ray is the company that researched it.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3561
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!   Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why PS3 Owners Do Not Buy Games!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2