This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PSN Threads Combined

Go down 
+32
Rednose
Bullyblazer
343_Guilty_Spark
DarkSwarm85
IcyMeteor
Superkingz2
Alamo456
Stigma
mikenuge
3DO Was Something
GRUNT317
Pein
TrueGamer
raspymanic1
Static103
daveMastaKill
Stoney
Blixtstorm
im-360...xbox360
Kendo
DemonWolf
handkerchief
lightlamp
popjack88
Jamin
ghost23
A7MAD_AU
Angel In Black
Spartan v07
Zombl337
joe11
Master_Chief
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PSN Threads Combined Empty
PostSubject: PSN Goes down and PS3 titles dont work   PSN Threads Combined EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:34 pm

From what I've heard you cant even play your PS3 games offline. Oh well, you get what you pay for.
http://www.n4g.com:80/ps3/NewsCom-483478.aspx?CT=1#Comments
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
From what I've heard you cant even play your PS3 games offline. Oh well, you get what you pay for.
http://www.n4g.com:80/ps3/NewsCom-483478.aspx?CT=1#Comments
fail, sony does it again
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Wow, this happens all to often for PSN.....another reason I dont mind paying $50 a yr for LIVE.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 am

lol this is kind of scary actually.i mean offline games NOT working?that is one reason why digital distribution is trash and won't work[pi know it's not the main problem for this situation]. sony better get it working fast or they can lose customers.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Wow, that is scary. Luckily, I dont seem to be one of the effected. Im logged on to PSN right now. Games seem to work fine too. But none of my 10 friends are online which is a little unusual....
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 am

Yeah I heard that the trophies are messed up too. So if you have a new game you wont be able to earn trophies. Also some random people have lost some trophies and have had their save files corrupted.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 am

yea that happen to me cod won't play
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:15 am

Iron_Patriot wrote:
Wow, that is scary. Luckily, I dont seem to be one of the effected. Im logged on to PSN right now. Games seem to work fine too. But none of my 10 friends are online which is a little unusual....
Do you have a Slim? The Slims seem to not be having the problem according to reports.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am

Sorry guys I made a thread here: https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/other-gaming-systems-f2/psn-ps3-phat-s-screwed-in-the-butt-t3136.htm#40016

I didn't know it could go in here at the time.

Can it be deleted?

Here's my post:

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Only the newer Slim model PS3 seem to be unaffected, all phat's supposedly can not connect to PSN and there's minimal possibility Sony will have some serious issues on their hands.

Any game you try to play offline also, is screwed it seems, any game with trophies that is...

http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation

There are theories still but some are blaming hackers and others a hardware fault that limits the PS3 (phat's) internal clock, the theory is the phat's have an issue with the Feb 28 - March 1 date switching... That's what I could understand anyway.

Quote :
You can change the time and date manually, but it will not count forward at all anymore when the machine is turned off and/or unplugged like it use to.
It appears to be a hardware problem with a few clock circuits in the fat PS3.

http://us.playstation.com/PS3/dearplaystation/

PSN Threads Combined 15qp8y9
Ammunition for you console war guys. Smile

Current solution:

Quote :
Of all the lame things to happen.. but here is a work around...

go into the system settings and tell it to DISABLE your internet connection. Set the date to 3/1/2010, reboot your system. Everything will work fine, 100%, but you just won't have internet access, but can still play your games
Source

Just when things start to get better for Sony with Heavy Rain and GOW 3 around the corner, they go and screw it all up.

My PS3's screwed also at the moment.

Quote :
All the PS3 fan boys who mocked the "unreliable 360" are really going to have to eat some crow.

TXB Forums.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 am

You get a shitty free service. XBOX Live didnt even crash when Modern Warfare 2 was released and there were 2 million simultaneous users logged on.

PSN is a fail.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 am

PSN Threads Combined Cv0089

It's done everything alright and failed.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
PSN Threads Combined Cv0089

It's done everything alright and failed.
Best post on the forum. Hands down. XD I NEARLY WET MYSELF. lol!
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 am

Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:59 am

The zealots were happy someone hacked into XBOX Republic only a few days ago, I wonder if they're still smiling now there's a chance that Sony's going to get its ass handed to it if this error really is a hardware error that needs all our PS3's to be sent back to vendor.

=====

Check out: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

Use Internet Explorer as it seems to only work with IE.

LMAO

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
The zealots were happy someone hacked into XBOX Republic only a few days ago, I wonder if they're still smiling now there's a chance that Sony's going to get its ass handed to it if this error really is a hardware error that needs all our PS3's to be sent back to vendor.
Yeah I bet theyre not laughing now. And if this turns into a global recall then Sony is screwed. Flip the giant crab for massive damage. lol!

Last edited by Master_Chief on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 am

Master_Chief wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
Yeah I bet theyre not laughing now. And if this turns into a global recall then Sony is screwed. Flip the giant crab for massive damage.

Real-time console switching. Smile
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
Yeah I bet theyre not laughing now. And if this turns into a global recall then Sony is screwed. Flip the giant crab for massive damage.

Real-time console switching. Smile
LOL
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 am

Quote :
First Haiti then Chile and now Playstation

Source @ TXB

Whilst I notice the seriousness of the calamities befallen on those nations, it had humor due to the fact that this is Sony's natural disaster.

Remember my PS3 is screwed also! I'm only laughing at the zealots here.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 am

i had the same problem now thank u sony u fucked up again. Fuck the playstation back to xbox playing mass effect 2
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 am

I was going to EB tomorrow to get Heavy Rain too, scratch that. I'd have put up with no online for a while (I don't use PSN as I feel secluded on it) but damn, at least let me play games on my PS3!!!

Back to PlayTV and Blu-ray movies (& BD rips).
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 am

joe11 wrote:
i had the same problem now thank u sony u fucked up again. Fuck the playstation back to xbox playing mass effect 2
QFT!!!!
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

I just watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimPRKfqKGw

ROFLMAO I seriously can't stop laughing, not from the guys weight (no no) but how he carries on.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
I just watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimPRKfqKGw

ROFLMAO I seriously can't stop laughing, not from the guys weight (no no) but how he carries on.
LMAO!!!

Heres another.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZjLB9c61E

Last edited by Master_Chief on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:14 am

What's funny also is the new one from everyone:

Code:
RIP PS3: 2006-1999

ROFL!

How's the University zealots amongst them handling this?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:27 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
What's funny also is the new one from everyone:

Code:
RIP PS3: 2006-1999

ROFL!

How's the University zealots amongst them handling this?

Some guy was like
"At least Microsoft can program a clock"
and he was attacked by ps3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN Threads Combined   PSN Threads Combined Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN Threads Combined
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-