This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?

Go down 
+32
Media
Lanced Jack
umad
lightlamp
day walker
Stoney
Alice
zinc
Madtoker
atari_g33k
optimusprime
Doominator99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
arnt god of war
Blackou7
Stigma
Invincible
GeneralMLD
micheal82
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
gamer4life
Master_Chief
Pickles
Alan1994
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Stoicwalker
daveMastaKill
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:42 am

Media wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Halo 3 was unimanamously reviewed AAA.

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

It has been #1 or #2 on LIVE since launch. Thats gotta mean something.

Sold 11 million. i mean cmon...........bad games dont sell that well.

But that doesn't mean that all good games sell well. There are a lot of games that sold poorly that are really good.

my point is that Halo 3 is good.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Media
Seaman
Seaman
Media

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

no one can argue that

however the main point being argued is that sells =/= quality.

Do you agree with this or not
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:48 am

Media wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

no one can argue that

however the main point being argued is that sells =/= quality.

Do you agree with this or not

agreed

sales = winner, preferability, desirability

A, AA, AAA, online gamers at any given time, replayability years after launch = quality.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:49 am

Well, I'm certainly late to this.

Let me start off by saying I do not care for Halo. And that I LOVE Killzone 2. But I won't let my semi-fanboyism of Killzone to get in the way of what is the truth.

Because the truth is, Killzone 3 will NOT be a "Halo" killer. To add on to that, no exclusive game this generation will EVER be a "Halo" killer. Halo is a household name. Everyone knows what it is. It's all over the media, advertised plenty, and is THE 360's flagship title. Its sales are phenomenal, and there isn't too much "wrong" with the game. I don't like the game (just a personal preference, I find it boring) but I damn well won't deny that it's still good. While sales don't always equate to how good a game truly is, it definitely factors in.

Again, I love Killzone 2. I find it infinitely more fun than any Halo game. But there's no way in hell KZ3 will "kill" Halo.
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
Media

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:59 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

agreed

A, AA, AAA, online gamers at any given time, replayability years after launch = quality.

you are missing the point. Sells don't mean anything. It doesn't mean it wins, it's preferable, or desirable. If a game is good it will do that all of that on its own
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:12 am

Media wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

agreed

you are missing the point. Sells don't mean anything. It doesn't mean it wins, it's preferable, or desirable. If a game is good it will do that all of that on its own
I'm not sure about this, but... Rolling Eyes
Your post reminds me of my dad. When we're trying to decide which restaurant we eat, he always wants to go eat some steak or soup.
I prefer McDonald's. I mean, they sell millions of burgers every day... He usually laughs at my argument, but probably agrees deep inside (and takes me to McDonald's) lol!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:21 am

masterchief1998 wrote:
Media wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

agreed

Your post reminds me of my dad. When we're trying to decide which restaurant we eat, he always wants to go eat some steak or soup.
I prefer McDonald's. I mean, they sell millions of burgers every day... He usually laughs at my argument, but probably agrees deep inside (and takes me to McDonald's) lol!

Well then you can come to the conclusion that McDonald's make very good burgers if millions of people buy them every day. Link it back to Halo 3, it must be a very good game if 11 million people bought the game.
Although the game might not be for you, it is undoubted the general consensus that Halo 3 is a very good game as evident by the 11 million people who bought it.
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 am

ghost23 wrote:
Well then you can come to the conclusion that McDonald's make very good burgers if millions of people buy them every day. Link it back to Halo 3, it must be a very good game if 11 million people bought the game.
Although the game might not be for you, it is undoubted the general consensus that Halo 3 is a very good game as evident by the 11 million people who bought it.
Sure, but in truth... Rolling Eyes

McDonald's doesn't make good burgers. There's just one behind every corner. They have the most heavy adversiting. Their junk is boring, but quick and easy to eat.
If more people took their eating more seriously and wanted quality in every meal, they would be eating somewhere else.

No wonder i love Halo. lol!
Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 1296043203_b2df55e7fc
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 am

no one can really say much since u havnt seen much of kz3 and the Reach single player. if you think either will be better than the other than u are a fanboy
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 am

Madtoker wrote:
no one can really say much since u havnt seen much of kz3 and the Reach single player. if you think either will be better than the other than u are a fanboy

Neither are much different from their previous game, either
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
Media

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:30 pm

masterchief1998 wrote:
Media wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

agreed

you are in a way reinforcing what I'm saying, but to prove it, I need to push the point.

You like to eat at McDonalds just because you like it, right? Or do you like to eat there because EVERYONE likes to eat there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5