This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?

Go down 
+32
Media
Lanced Jack
umad
lightlamp
day walker
Stoney
Alice
zinc
Madtoker
atari_g33k
optimusprime
Doominator99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
arnt god of war
Blackou7
Stigma
Invincible
GeneralMLD
micheal82
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
gamer4life
Master_Chief
Pickles
Alan1994
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Stoicwalker
daveMastaKill
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:57 am

Seriously, these games are nothing, and I mean NOTHING alike. Besides the fact that they are shooters. Just because you don't like one doesn't mean it is bad or generic.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:15 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

1. You forgot about that PSP Killzone game. I'm not surprised because nobody cares about Killzone or the PSP.

OY!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:21 am

Killzone 2 didn't even kill Halo CE. KZ3 doesn't stand a chance against Halo Reach. With that said Halo Reach and Gears3 will make sure that my PS3 remains a $300 paper weight.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:25 pm

KZ3 scores sooooo good..........and only sells 2 million justlike KZ2.

and ps3 fanboys want us to believe the game is worth our money Razz
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:28 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

You have to consider the population of 360 gamers are kids, which have more time and are careless when it comes to their parents money.
Ps3 owners are USUALLY older which they have to pay bills support family etc.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You have to consider the population of 360 gamers are kids, which have more time and are careless when it comes to their parents money.

Nah. Thats what they would say to defend that accusation. Truth be told there was a survey that came out................the #1 reason to buy a ps3 was for the bluray. Most ps3 users just dont care for the exclusives, just the movie player.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:45 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Nah. Thats what they would say to defend that accusation. Truth be told there was a survey that came out................the #1 reason to buy a ps3 was for the bluray. Most ps3 users just dont care for the exclusives, just the movie player.
Not really, cause why get a 300$ bluray when you can get a decent or even better one for 150$
Surveys always have relative/absolute errors add that to flaming fanboys = Unreliable.
But I understand its the best we got.

Last edited by Bluenose on Mon May 24, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Not really, cause why get a 300$ bluray when you cant a decent or even better one for 150$
Surveys always have relative/absolute errors add that to flaming fanboys = Unreliable.
And so where did you derive your statistics from then?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Another myth invented by PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Not really, cause why get a 300$ bluray when you cant a decent or even better one for 150$
And so where did you derive your statistics from then?

That survey was from 700 people, when people ask me why i have a ps3 i also tell em that its because it can play bluray movies, but that doesnt mean that its the only reason, its simply a feature that is there and you cannot ignore. And the difference in percentage between the people that said that they have a ps3 for the games and for bluray is very small.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Really how is it a myth please explain because its undeniable. oh for your other reply you can accuse a survey to be flamed by fanboys when it comes to 360 failure rate but not this?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Bluenose wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Really how is it a myth please explain because its undeniable. oh for your other reply you can accuse a survey to be flamed by fanboys when it comes to 360 failure rate but not this?

I want you to explain how most of 360's gamers are kids.most kids I know just own a Wii.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Unless they make the controls more responsive then KZ3 doesn't really have a chance.

Agreed. If they only change one thing about KZ3, I pray to God it's the controls. If they get the aiming perfect like in COD it's gonna be a beast.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I want you to explain how most of 360's gamers are kids.most kids I know just own a Wii.
Since when do we start bringing the Wii into this I thought it was in its own little world, ironic isn't it. I was never comparing anything with the Wii it was strictly 360 vs Ps3 when i said that. Well 1: Have you seen all those kids on youtube.
2: Have you ever been on XBL with mic on cause every time im in a game 75% percent of the people who are talking are kids.
3: ALMOST all the people I know who own a system and are 15 and younger have a 360 not Ps3. While ALMOST all of my friends who are 18 and older have a Ps3.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I kinda agree with you, Bluenose, but also have to counter you slightly. It does seem that the majority of people on the mics on XBL are kids but as for the vids on youtube, fanboys tend to be kids. The mature people, when they grow up are just gamers.

Like, Blunty3000 says 360's the better gaming system. He owns one and obviously isn't a kid but he doesn't do console war vids. He's mature. Same with Lockergnome and probably loads more which I can't think of right now.

Generalmld does console war vids but really because of the reactions. The point is, there are easily just as many or more non-kiddy 360 gamers, they're just not as obvious!

But yeah I think overall there are more "kids" who own 360's but then again, there aren't as many people on psn using mics so how can you tell whether they're kids or not?
Also, even if they are kids in the 360 fanbase, at least they're primarily gamers and not just multimedia lovers Razz

And one thing... as for the excluding the wii thing.... that's a completely different context.
Kids would most likely go for the wii. That's just a statement. It's got nothing to do with console war. It's just a point.
wii is excluded from the console war because it's not relevant in the console war we discuss. But it's also true that kids would most likely go for that system.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Unless they make the controls more responsive then KZ3 doesn't really have a chance.

Agreed. If they only change one thing about KZ3, I pray to God it's the controls. If they get the aiming perfect like in COD it's gonna be a beast.

Well if KZ2 was good enough to the point that DarthQBall sold his 360 to get it, I'm guessing we have serious competition of the controls are sorted out.

Btw is it just me or does anyone here reckon that the guys behind Killzone have a 360 and are analysing Reach to try and perfect the jetpack gameplay mechanics for Killzone 3? Razz lol!

Nah jk...but it's possible XD
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Since when do we start bringing the Wii into this I thought it was in its own little world, ironic isn't it. I was never comparing anything with the Wii it was strictly 360 vs Ps3 when i said that. Well 1: Have you seen all those kids on youtube.
2: Have you ever been on XBL with mic on cause every time im in a game 75% percent of the people who are talking are kids.
3: ALMOST all the people I know who own a system and are 15 and younger have a 360 not Ps3. While ALMOST all of my friends who are 18 and older have a Ps3.

Is MLd a kid?

2:Well,i didnt see many kids when I was playing Halo Reach.and how do you know psn isnt full of kids?No one has mics on PS3 so...

3:honestly,I dont care about what you have experienced in rl.iy barely has any say in this debate
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:57 pm

There are a lot of kids on PS3. They just don't have a mic because it doesn't come with one. And adults can get a lot more games that a kid can.

And there's no way in hell 75% of the people on XBL are kids. It's not even 10%.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm

[quote="BlackStigma"]There are a lot of kids on PS3. They just don't have a mic because it doesn't come with one. And adults can get a lot more games that a kid can.

And there's no way in hell 75% of the people on XBL are kids. It's not even 10%.[/quote
Actually, what system has more kiddy games?
360: Gears Of War, Left 4 Dead, Halo, Alan Wake, Crackdown
Ps3: littlebigplanet, modnation racers...

Lmao jk XD unfair comparison
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

If they decide to change the controls of Killzone 3 to where it doesn't feel like your in 5 feet of quicksand, it may have a shot lol.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:33 am

Bluenose wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Youre a hypocrite because you just got through telling somebody else that surveys can be skewed yet you quote another survey just because it tells you what you want to hear. Talk about double standards. As far as lower 360 failure rates go that was research done by Square Trade not some random internet poll like the one that you quoted.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:58 am

Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

No proof. How could you even tell when most ps3 users don't have mics
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:24 am

I'm not agreeing with Bluenose, however MLD even said on that vid where he convinced a customer at his store to get a 360 for his kid instead of PS3 becuase it had more games that are suitable to a younger audience and his pro PS3 colleague couldn't argue that fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:59 am

arnt god of war wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

No proof. How could you even tell when most ps3 users don't have mics

Actually a lot of users do. They just don't use them in games like CoD and such. But I was playing Free Roam in Red Dead Redemption the other day and I started a lobby and when it filled up every user had a mic (except for 1 I think). So I find that a majority of users bought headsets, they just dont use them.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:33 am

Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

lol.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next