This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?

Go down 
+32
Media
Lanced Jack
umad
lightlamp
day walker
Stoney
Alice
zinc
Madtoker
atari_g33k
optimusprime
Doominator99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
arnt god of war
Blackou7
Stigma
Invincible
GeneralMLD
micheal82
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
gamer4life
Master_Chief
Pickles
Alan1994
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Stoicwalker
daveMastaKill
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:08 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
It wont surpass Halo, but I think this one will do much better then 2. I will definetlly pre order this.

even if killzone 3 is better it will still be killed because of halo reaches sales
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:10 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I'm not agreeing with Bluenose, however MLD even said on that vid where he convinced a customer at his store to get a 360 for his kid instead of PS3 becuase it had more games that are suitable to a younger audience and his pro PS3 colleague couldn't argue that fact.
All that means is that 360 has a wider variety of games and has something for every demographic. Surely youre not trying to imply that the 360 is a kiddie console are you? PS3 has its share of games for a "younger audience." LBP and Mod Nation Racers for example.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:30 am

the 360 is a kids machine is another part of the agenda. why is it xbox is known across the board as the "hardcore" console why playstation was always known as "mainstream"?

the kids machine jibe is a attempt to put people off buying it, i was playing split second the other night and it was full of adults apart one or two kids crying because they kept crashing their car Laughing

you see xbox 360 is more online orientated, its got more of a vibe its also got a more reflective look on gamers due to the fact a headset is bundled with every machine so if you have another online service which is inferior and has games where only one or two speak (this is just speaking from experience not fact) via bluetooth its not going to reflect that person who is playing.

i'm in my twenties and a lot of adults i know play xbox, a lot of people i speak to on live are adults, a lot of people forums profiles show they are adults who have 360 gamercards so what is it? more propaganda from the sony looneys.

dont forget one of their most ignorant turds on youtube - truthsettingufree or whatever the fuck his name is, is over 30 years old yet he acts like a seven old so what does that tell you?
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:43 am

i think its too early to start this debate because there is not gameplay for killzone 3 other that a few screenshots
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:28 pm

optimusprime wrote:
the 360 is a kids machine is another part of the agenda. why is it xbox is known across the board as the "hardcore" console why playstation was always known as "mainstream"?

the kids machine jibe is a attempt to put people off buying it, i was playing split second the other night and it was full of adults apart one or two kids crying because they kept crashing their car Laughing

you see xbox 360 is more online orientated, its got more of a vibe its also got a more reflective look on gamers due to the fact a headset is bundled with every machine so if you have another online service which is inferior and has games where only one or two speak (this is just speaking from experience not fact) via bluetooth its not going to reflect that person who is playing.

i'm in my twenties and a lot of adults i know play xbox, a lot of people i speak to on live are adults, a lot of people forums profiles show they are adults who have 360 gamercards so what is it? more propaganda from the sony looneys.

dont forget one of their most ignorant turds on youtube - truthsettingufree or whatever the fuck his name is, is over 30 years old yet he acts like a seven old so what does that tell you?
he tells to all his subscribers "fuck you" and spews the same line "industry whore" and he is sensetive as a chibi from a anime!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm

it probaly wont, but it will probaly also be AAA imo
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:03 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
KZ3 scores sooooo good..........and only sells 2 million justlike KZ2.

and ps3 fanboys want us to believe the game is worth our money Razz
You have to consider the population of 360 gamers are kids, which have more time and are careless when it comes to their parents money.
Ps3 owners are USUALLY older which they have to pay bills support family etc.
No proof. How could you even tell when most ps3 users don't have mics

Actually a lot of users do. They just don't use them in games like CoD and such. But I was playing Free Roam in Red Dead Redemption the other day and I started a lobby and when it filled up every user had a mic (except for 1 I think). So I find that a majority of users bought headsets, they just dont use them.
1 game? play a couple more and then come back. and you still have no proof. alien
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
gamer4life wrote:
each console has there fps. ps3-killzone, xbox 360-halo, wii-the conduit, pc-counter strike. why cant people just enjoy there games and STFU!

Lol QFT
but still, just asking if people reckon the next killzone will stand a chance against Halo Reach.

I agree with you QFT, Demon how can you ask this question on this kind of site (360 Fanboy site)
Your going to get one sided opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
It wont surpass Halo, but I think this one will do much better then 2. I will definetlly pre order this.

even if killzone 3 is better it will still be killed because of halo reaches sales

Because sales mean that the game is automaticly good. yes that makes sense. One game doesnt kill another just because it sells more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You have to consider the population of 360 gamers are kids, which have more time and are careless when it comes to their parents money.

Actually a lot of users do. They just don't use them in games like CoD and such. But I was playing Free Roam in Red Dead Redemption the other day and I started a lobby and when it filled up every user had a mic (except for 1 I think). So I find that a majority of users bought headsets, they just dont use them.
1 game? play a couple more and then come back. and you still have no proof. alien

I find quite a few in KZ and UC2. And no, I am not gonna film a game to show people with mics just to show you that you are wrong, especially in this pathetic and pointless argument.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:38 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I find quite a few in KZ and UC2. And no, I am not gonna film a game to show people with mics just to show you that you are wrong, especially in this pathetic and pointless argument.
yes im not saying no one im just saying the majority maybe that changed but i doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:58 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

yes im not saying no one im just saying the majority maybe that changed but i doubt it.

It did change. Maybe no one uses them in CoD, but in games where they matter they use em, or atleast thats from my experiance. And I would say the majority does have em
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killzone 3 has about as much chance of killing Halo: Reach as Killzone 2 did at killing Halo 3.

Killzone has always been a generic shooter with generic character and a bunch of unimaginative bad guys that all look the same.

Halo games only come out around every 3 years or so, but at this rate there's going to be more Killzone games than Halo in another couple years. PS3 fantards like to say Halo is milked, but if they really want to see a desperate attempt to cash in on a popular genre they need look no farther than Killzone.
Theres Halo 1-3, Odst, Halo Wars, and soon to be Halo Reach. Plus a film in the works plus a possible anime unless it was released already I'm not sure. Plus books and the canceled mmo. Meanwhile the Killzone series has Killzone 1-2 plus the psp version with Killzone 3 in the works. I do not know what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killzone 3 has about as much chance of killing Halo: Reach as Killzone 2 did at killing Halo 3.

Killzone has always been a generic shooter with generic character and a bunch of unimaginative bad guys that all look the same.

Halo games only come out around every 3 years or so, but at this rate there's going to be more Killzone games than Halo in another couple years. PS3 fantards like to say Halo is milked, but if they really want to see a desperate attempt to cash in on a popular genre they need look no farther than Killzone.
Theres Halo 1-3, Odst, Halo Wars, and soon to be Halo Reach. Plus a film in the works plus a possible anime unless it was released already I'm not sure. Plus books and the canceled mmo. Meanwhile the Killzone series has Killzone 1-2 plus the psp version with Killzone 3 in the works. I do not know what you are talking about.

lol what are you taking about?

Main Halo games come every 3 years.That is including Halo Reach.Halo ODST is an expansion to Halo 3 and Halo Wars was created by esemble studios,not Bungie.How is that milked?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Main Halo games come every 3 years.That is including Halo Reach.Halo ODST is an expansion to Halo 3 and Halo Wars was created by esemble studios,not Bungie.How is that milked?
The series overall, also if ODST was an expansion, 60 dollars is quite pricey for a short expansion.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm

people want more halo so they get more halo, i dont like the franchise but i respect the fact millions of people do and want more of it, i cant see anything wrong with that, microsoft is a business - so erm...they want to make money dont they? it would be a different story if the
majority of 360 players stated they are sick of halo but they obviously aernt so they get more games, ms makes more money and everyones happy. i dont see that as milking it at all.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:07 pm

optimusprime wrote:
people want more halo so they get more halo, i dont like the franchise but i respect the fact millions of people do and want more of it, i cant see anything wrong with that, microsoft is a business - so erm...they want to make money dont they? it would be a different story if the
majority of 360 players stated they are sick of halo but they obviously aernt so they get more games, ms makes more money and everyones happy. i dont see that as milking it at all.
That I do not disagree with, I just didn't understand the point Ms Spark was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

The series overall, also if ODST was an expansion, 60 dollars is quite pricey for a short expansion.

It was still an expansion.Just an overpriced one.

So just because Halo has lots of novels,comics and an anime means it is milked?Yea right

Novels and comics dont take a year to make.So MS could have 1 novel or comic a year and it wouldnt be milked

if Halo was milked,is quality would be low and MS would still keep producing it.But that isnt the case.Millions of 360 gamers constantly want more Halo.

So your saying MS should deny what we want and stop making Halo?Not to mention that Halo sells very well,and liek all companies,MS want $$$.Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo want $$$

If Mario is milked,then MGS,Mario,Zelda,Metroid,star trek,starwars ect is milked.and I highly doubt you think that
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:55 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

So just because Halo has lots of novels,comics and an anime means it is milked?Yea right

Novels and comics dont take a year to make.So MS could have 1 novel or comic a year and it wouldnt be milked

if Halo was milked,is quality would be low and MS would still keep producing it.But that isnt the case.Millions of 360 gamers constantly want more Halo.

So your saying MS should deny what we want and stop making Halo?Not to mention that Halo sells very well,and liek all companies,MS want $$$.Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo want $$$

If Mario is milked,then MGS,Mario,Zelda,Metroid,star trek,starwars ect is milked.and I highly doubt you think that
No, I'm saying that Guilty Spark is wrong for saying Killzone is milked when it's similar to the structure of the Halo Franchise. Which is why I stated what each franchise has done up to date. Also I spelled Sparks name wrong on my previous post I think
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

No, I'm saying that Guilty Spark is wrong for saying Killzone is milked when it's similar to the structure of the Halo Franchise. Which is why I stated what each franchise has done up to date. Also I spelled Sparks name wrong on my previous post I think

Ah I see.My mistake
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

but the gap between killzone one is big because they ported the engine now the next killzone is coming out a year or 2 later and at that pace if halo doesnt advance its pace then killzone will over run halo in terms of how many games their are.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:10 am

Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

He never said that it is milked. He said that the direction that Sony and the developer are taking this franchise looks like they are trying to milk it and I totally agree with him.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:20 am

They will co-exit. Halo: Reach will appeal to Halo fans and Killzone will appeal to Killzone fans. Vague explanation I know, but its true.

How can Killzone, a game exclusive to another platform, "kill" Halo? How will either game affect each others sales when they are not directly competing.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:17 am

-delete-

Last edited by Alice on Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:18 am

ghost23 wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

He never said that it is milked. He said that the direction that Sony and the developer are taking this franchise looks like they are trying to milk it and I totally agree with him.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
PS3 fantards like to say Halo is milked, but if they really want to see a desperate attempt to cash in on a popular genre they need look no farther than Killzone.
He never said Sony "looks like" they are trying to milk it. He said they are desperately trying to milk it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next