This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering

Go down 
+29
xjosh360s
M3A7L04F
Sydney360
ZaFtxX
SlyDevilHatesYou
Kendo
lightlamp
One-Shot
A.wake
day walker
Arbiteris
TRI-SIX-TEH
AgentA-Mi6
Static103
Mr. Project Natal
raspymanic1
Zombl337
gamerdude
Lt Xplosi
ghost23
Pickles
Slickman
DemonWolf
fuzzywuz
arnt god of war
Stoney
dreadraptor85
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:10 am

As we are all aware PS3 fantards are pretty proud of the facial details of Heavy Rain, (a overhyped interactive movie), and Uncharted 2.

We also know that they can't stop spewing crap about the new Halo Reach awe inspiring preview. It's funny becuase some are claiming it's pre-rendered which would mean they think it looks too good which means they still don't want to believe the 360 is capable of just as much graphical power as the PS3 and in some cases actually superior.

Take a look at these pictures of in game facial details. You'll notice that PS3's best efforts come up short compared to the Halo Reach trailer. Luckily Bungie gave us a good close up of Commander Carter's face. We can see individual pores, small scares, and micro emotive lines on his forehead between his eyes.

Compared to Halo Reach's facial rendering techniques the best efforts of the PS3 fantard's favorite graphical examples fall flat. Heavy Rain's character look especially dead and doll like.

Check it out for yourself. There's a guy and a girl from each game. Sorry about the photo size. It's important to see all the details.

Guys:

Heavy Rain
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Heavy-rain-20090602032024614

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Halo-reach-20091213042705819

Uncharted 2
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014144743

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Halo-reach-20091213042705819

Gals:

Heavy Rain
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Heavy-rain-20091211051558983

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Halo-reach-20091213042440027

Uncharted 2
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014148837

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Halo-reach-20091213042440027

Nuff said.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:54 am

I saw actual Heavy Rain gameplay in motion and wasnt impressed. Alot of the up close facial shots of HR are bullshots imo because the gameplay footage I saw didnt look anything like that. Sony is famous for that.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:15 am

Master_Chief wrote:
I saw actual Heavy Rain gameplay in motion and wasnt impressed. Alot of the up close facial shots of HR are bullshots imo because the gameplay footage I saw didnt look anything like that. Sony is famous for that.

Sony probably forces it's devs to lie about the PS3's abilities and make "Target" videos to overhype their machine's power.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:26 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Sony probably forces it's devs to lie about the PS3's abilities and make "Target" videos to overhype their machine's power.
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 am

Who's that lady in image #5?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm

The ligthinh in Uncharted was fugly in my opinion...although the graphics were good....Im actually really looking foward to Heavy Rain...David Cage is a genius in my opinion...But Halo Reach looks immaculate!!!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:32 pm

about the first pic it looks fugly as hell the face is ok but around it its just FUGLY
Back to top Go down
fuzzywuz

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Where did you get the Halo Reach pictures?
Back to top Go down
fuzzywuz

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Because the Halo pictures does not look like in-game textures, more like they're pictures from a cinematic.. ;S whereas the heavy rain and uncharted 2 pictures are actual in-game pictures.

Last edited by fuzzywuz on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I dunno, I agree that REACH has better graphics overall but it's not so realistic.
I mean, it's way more detailed but still has less of a photo-realistic/lifelike look.

Well maybe it's too early to tell...that's just a trailer pic. They may end up polishing it up even more!!!

As it stands though, I swear Reach has the most graphically impressive character models.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm

fuzzywuz wrote:
Because the Halo pictures does not look like in-game textures, more like they're pictures from a cinematic.. ;S whereas the heavy rain and uncharted 2 pictures are actual in-game pictures.

They are all cinematic screenshots using in game graphics. Heavy Rain is nothing BUT a cinematic and Uncharted 2 is full of them. The Halo Reach trailer is a portion of the opening cinematic rendered in real time using the same assets as the gameplay.

This thread is about rendering power and how PS3 fantards are incapable of admitting to event themselves that the Xbox 360 is just as if not more powerful than the PS3.

fuzzywuz wrote:
Where did you get the Halo Reach pictures?

They are all from IGN so nobody could argue legitimacy. They are all also the same size to show full detail. Halo Reach is far superior.
Back to top Go down
fuzzywuz

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:53 pm

hmm. ok thanks for answers
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Halo Reach wins.
Back to top Go down
Slickman

Slickman

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Uncharted 2 is still king I think, seeing as Heavy Rain is just an interactive movie without much going on in real time.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:59 am

Heavy Rain is an interactive movie? Ewwww......
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 am

wow Halo Reach is just a massive step forwards in terms of the visuals from Halo 3. Hell yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:36 am

ghost23 wrote:
wow Halo Reach is just a massive step forwards in terms of the visuals from Halo 3. Hell yeah!!!

Not just a step up from Halo 3 it outclasses the PS3's best efforts.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 am

Just thought I'd mention this: Kat's outfit is actually appropiate for a female video game character. No cleavage weak spot!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 am

Pickles wrote:
Just thought I'd mention this: Kat's outfit is actually appropiate for a female video game character. No cleavage weak spot!

lol, another advancment in video game technology thanks to Halo Reach!
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 pm

halo reach won (anyone would see it)
Back to top Go down
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 pm

They look kinda of the same to me I dont really care about the graphics im not a graphic whore just as long i can tell what im doing idc
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

Just like they did for Killzone 2 & MotorStorm......I was so excited when I saw those trailers at E3 05 that I wanted a PS3, until I actually played the games and they didnt look or play nearly as good as I thought they would.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 pm

gamerdude wrote:
They look kinda of the same to me I dont really care about the graphics im not a graphic whore just as long i can tell what im doing idc

The whole point of this thread is to discuss the fact that Halo Reach does what PS3 fantards claim the xbox 360 can't do. They are constantly saying Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 can only be done on PS3. We all knew it was horse shit.

Halo Reach shows the Xbox 360 is just as capable or even more so than the PS3.

It's not about being or not being a "graphics whore". It's about destroying the hopes and dreams of retarded PS3 fanboys who refuse to believe the truth that the PS3 is all hype and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 pm

I dont wanna start a flame war....but im not a fan of gamerdudes posts..mods keep an eye out on him.Sorry.GD.
Back to top Go down
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 pm

yeah but whatever they want to believe idc I just know what is right As you can see im not really into destroying PS3 fans dreams lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next