This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering

Go down 
+29
xjosh360s
M3A7L04F
Sydney360
ZaFtxX
SlyDevilHatesYou
Kendo
lightlamp
One-Shot
A.wake
day walker
Arbiteris
TRI-SIX-TEH
AgentA-Mi6
Static103
Mr. Project Natal
raspymanic1
Zombl337
gamerdude
Lt Xplosi
ghost23
Pickles
Slickman
DemonWolf
fuzzywuz
arnt god of war
Stoney
dreadraptor85
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
I don't get it. The faces look better in U2 and Heavy Rain IMO. But the 360 does the anti-aliasing better.

It's cause the 360 GPU does Anti-Aliasing better than the PS3 GPU and i don't think the cells can do anti-aliasing.
It cant. Thats why some games on PS3 use quincux AA which blurs the image in order to soften the edges. Looks terrible too. Gives the game a low rez less sharper look. PS3 version of NFS Shift uses it and same with PS3 version of GTA. Alot more profound in motion than in screenshots though.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55284

Last edited by Master_Chief on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
I don't get it. The faces look better in U2 and Heavy Rain IMO. But the 360 does the anti-aliasing better.

It's cause the 360 GPU does Anti-Aliasing better than the PS3 GPU and i don't think the cells can do anti-aliasing.
It cant. Thats why some games on PS3 use quincux AA which blurs the image in order to soften the edges. Looks terrible too. Gives the game a low rez less sharper look. PS3 version of NFS Shift uses it and same with PS3 version of GTA.
bungies using that technique aswell the blur one, when kat hs her arm out ou can see the edge is very smooth by bungie blurrng it, man AA and the blur effect jaggies what jaggies,
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 pm

day walker wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

It cant. Thats why some games on PS3 use quincux AA which blurs the image in order to soften the edges. Looks terrible too. Gives the game a low rez less sharper look. PS3 version of NFS Shift uses it and same with PS3 version of GTA.
bungies using that technique aswell the blur one, when kat hs her arm out ou can see the edge is very smooth by bungie blurrng it, man AA and the blur effect jaggies what jaggies,
Now that you mention it, I am noticing the blur.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 am

day walker wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

But the 360 use multisampling AA and the PS3 uses quinncux AA.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 am

Master_Chief wrote:
day walker wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

But the 360 use multisampling AA and the PS3 uses quinncux AA.

In English? ....... scratch
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 am

EventGamer wrote:
day walker wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Now that you mention it, I am noticing the blur.

"Blur" is a bad word for what your talking about. Anti-Aliasing or AA "Smooths" the edges of polygons so they don't have that jaggy look. The Xbox 360 has hardware that can do this on the fly without using any other resources all in post. The PS3 has to use one of it's sub processors and it ends up effecting the whole image, that's why you see PS3 games with actual blurry textures.

Now "blurring" effect you see on Lone Wolf's arm as the camera focuses on Kat in the Reach trailer is not an artifact of anti aliasing techniques. It's an intentional effect to give the illusion of depth of field, as if a camera couldn't focus on a near object while it's focused on a far away one. It's actually a rather impressive special effect. Uncharted 2 looks to be using a similar effect on Drake while the camera focuses on the girl.

Speaking of, if you want to see jaggies take a look at the edges of girls face in Unharted 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Speaking of, if you want to see jaggies take a look at the edges of girls face in Unharted 2.
I think that's just the quality of the image, because I don't remember it looking that bad when I was playing the game.
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 am

woah peolpe are becoming hardware no it alls, how the hell did that happen, i wanna join the school, lol atleast we know our consoles specs ps3 fanboys only believe in teh cell.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:49 am

day walker wrote:
woah peolpe are becoming hardware no it alls, how the hell did that happen, i wanna join the school, lol atleast we know our consoles specs ps3 fanboys only believe in teh cell.
PS3 fanboys believe whatever Sony tells them to believe. Or whatever their deluded minds convince them of.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:39 pm

EventGamer wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I think that's just the quality of the image, because I don't remember it looking that bad when I was playing the game.

Jaggies are usually less noticeable in motion, but the fact is that Naughty Dog had to sacrifice AA to bump up other effects and details. Halo Reach's trailer shows highly detailed and artfully animated facial effects without sacrificing system performance or other details. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 have their pros and cons, but the two are about matched in power. That's something PS3fantards never want to admit.
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:09 pm

^ but teh cell is made from Gods left nut, why would sony lie to us we ps3fanboys know all, lol i love it when they say that, and with halo reaches graphics in motion it will look BA, that and seeing a covvie ship landing in a ditch after a nuke goes of would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Uncharted 2 looks like a Tarzan movie.
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm

just a thought wont the faces get better since bungies in what the alpha stage, of development
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:06 pm

day walker wrote:
just a thought wont the faces get better since bungies in what the alpha stage, of development

Bungie developed the gameplay and missions first and then start working on graphics and tech.
The trailer was supposedly only running at 40% of Reach's potential.
In other words the entire game was built at 40% and now they are polishing

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Halo_Reach/5965.html
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 pm

ghost23 wrote:
day walker wrote:

Bungie developed the gameplay and missions first and then start working on graphics and tech.

cool i did notice some halo 3 textures and dodgy terrain in the trailer knew they would get better, i mean kats face my god looks hot lol and shes only 22 or 23,
Back to top Go down
Perditionsghost

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:35 pm

the Halo Reach trailer is CGI rendered does anyone else know this? its not ingame footage..
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
Uncharted 2 looks like a Tarzan movie.

Hahahahahah!! xD That made me laugh so much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Perditionsghost wrote:
the Halo Reach trailer is CGI rendered does anyone else know this? its not ingame footage..

It is.Game Informer and Bungie confirmed it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Perditionsghost wrote:

It's been confirmed to be an in-game cut scene. Game Informer proved it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 pm

day walker wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
day walker wrote:

cool i did notice some halo 3 textures and dodgy terrain in the trailer knew they would get better, i mean kats face my god looks hot lol and shes only 22 or 23,

Why the fuck does everyone keep saying Kat is hot????!?!?!?!?!?
I dont see anything special in here. lol
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:51 pm

ghost23 wrote:
day walker wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
day walker wrote:

Why the fuck does everyone keep saying Kat is hot????!?!?!?!?!?
I dont see anything special in here. lol

She IS hot!!!
Back to top Go down
Perditionsghost

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 pm

where is my post? and CGI rendered graphs lmfao wow i cant believe you guys think these are ingame screenshots now uncharted 2 actually looks like that in-game, throughout the entire game thats a fact.. lame me call me a troll or whatever youd like but i know the truth and you all are not telling it..
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Perditionsghost wrote:
where is my post? and CGI rendered graphs lmfao wow i cant believe you guys think these are ingame screenshots now uncharted 2 actually looks like that in-game, throughout the entire game thats a fact.. lame me call me a troll or whatever youd like but i know the truth and you all are not telling it..

butthurt jealously at its finest. Developers confirmed that it is in-game. You just don't want the 360 still having amazing graphics in 2010 when all you fantards said that 360 would reach its limit in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Perditionsghost

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:09 pm

flame me not lame mistype
Back to top Go down
d1drftgp

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm

i'm not a ps3 owner im a pc gamer and i was just stating that they are cgi rendered graphs i wanted an intelligent debate but you ban me because you assumed i was a ps3 "fantard" well kind sir i'm not an ps3 owner and i think 360 has a good line up for 2010 i was just pointing some things out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next