This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering

Go down 
+29
xjosh360s
M3A7L04F
Sydney360
ZaFtxX
SlyDevilHatesYou
Kendo
lightlamp
One-Shot
A.wake
day walker
Arbiteris
TRI-SIX-TEH
AgentA-Mi6
Static103
Mr. Project Natal
raspymanic1
Zombl337
gamerdude
Lt Xplosi
ghost23
Pickles
Slickman
DemonWolf
fuzzywuz
arnt god of war
Stoney
dreadraptor85
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:06 pm

One-Shot wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
That heavy rain trailer was boring. The game is one big cutscene with QTEs. And graphically Alan Wake looks way better. And unlike heavy rain Alan Wake is actually a game.
Indigo Prophecy which was quantic dreams last game and a lot like HR was a very fun and involving game. It is one of the couple xbox original games I still play and decided to keep. HR will be a much deeper experience which gets me excited for the game.

As for the original topic U2 imo beats the screens in the rest, but what point is lost is what it all looks like in motion. We haven't seen a lot with reach, but the facial animations are stiff and admittenly a little bit in HR as well. In Uncharted 2 the characters really feel alive with their emotions.
The only grief i have with U2 graphics is the eyes...everyone especially Chloe looks like they have robot eyes.
Can't say I noticed that. I thought they looked very good on all the characters.

I agree with you about Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.....thats why I cant wait for Heavy Rain.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm

One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
That heavy rain trailer was boring. The game is one big cutscene with QTEs. And graphically Alan Wake looks way better. And unlike heavy rain Alan Wake is actually a game.
Indigo Prophecy which was quantic dreams last game and a lot like HR was a very fun and involving game. It is one of the couple xbox original games I still play and decided to keep. HR will be a much deeper experience which gets me excited for the game.

As for the original topic U2 imo beats the screens in the rest, but what point is lost is what it all looks like in motion. We haven't seen a lot with reach, but the facial animations are stiff and admittenly a little bit in HR as well. In Uncharted 2 the characters really feel alive with their emotions.

If you think the facial animations in Halo Reach are stiff then you must be either blind or retarded. Since you go on to say that Uncharted 2's characters beat what we've seen of Carter's face I'm leaning towards you being both blind and stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 pm

One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

One of the mods from Playstation University has joined the forum. Wow.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

One of the mods from Playstation University has joined the forum. Wow.
I knew that from the start Razz
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:17 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

If you think the facial animations in Halo Reach are stiff then you must be either blind or retarded. Since you go on to say that Uncharted 2's characters beat what we've seen of Carter's face I'm leaning towards you being both blind and stupid.
Hes a mod from Playstation University. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-7BHkSwWQ&annotation_id=annotation_804216&feature=iv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km7jaOiol60

Between these two if you cannot see it I would have the right to say the same to you (except I would be correct). Although it is still pretty early to be bashing much of anything in Reach since it is both early and lacking in released vids. Honestly I would be happy with what it currently has since halo is nothing like uncharted or HR. Halo is a action centered fps and uncharted is a story driven adventure game which cutscenes matter much more.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 am

^ riiiiiiight well alan wake looks better than HR explain that, and well the HR mouths look like there giving out alot of free BJ
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 am

day walker wrote:
^ riiiiiiight well alan wake looks better than HR explain that, and well the HR mouths look like there giving out alot of free BJ
What aspect are you talking about? If you are talking character models I would have to disagree. Look at harry (I think thats his name) in the trailer for example. Now that is not to say Alan Wake looks bad because I do think it is a very beautiful game. Enviroment wise it might beat it, but it depends on what you are looking at. HR's enviroments are very detailed looking at the club scene, house, and store. Alan Wake looks more vast. Kind of opinion there on what a person prefers and looks better.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm

One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-7BHkSwWQ&annotation_id=annotation_804216&feature=iv

Between these two if you cannot see it I would have the right to say the same to you (except I would be correct). Although it is still pretty early to be bashing much of anything in Reach since it is both early and lacking in released vids. Honestly I would be happy with what it currently has since halo is nothing like uncharted or HR. Halo is a action centered fps and uncharted is a story driven adventure game which cutscenes matter much more.

Maybe you prefer the more "realistic" models of Heavy Rain. That's the only thing I can think of to explain your inability to see that Carter's face is much more full of details and micro emotion animations. Bungie likes to give things style. They avoid the uncanny valley by using artistic style. Heavy Rain went for "photo realism" and ended up with creepy doll people with eyes that are windows into hell.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Maybe you prefer the more "realistic" models of Heavy Rain. That's the only thing I can think of to explain your inability to see that Carter's face is much more full of details and micro emotion animations. Bungie likes to give things style. They avoid the uncanny valley by using artistic style. Heavy Rain went for "photo realism" and ended up with creepy doll people with eyes that are windows into hell.
Intresting how you suddenly switched to HR. Anyway HR models have more than enough detail in them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUoXmoFcGWw
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:50 pm

One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Intresting how you suddenly switched to HR. Anyway HR models have more than enough detail in them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUoXmoFcGWw
Looks pretty good although it seams to me all you do is just press a button to chose what action am i right?
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Looks pretty good although it seams to me all you do is just press a button to chose what action am i right?
Well their are some investigative parts as well as shown in a previous demo, and their are a large number of choices on how to go about things in actions and conversation. As I said before indigo prophecy is a good taste on what the game is like although not total replicate. It no doubt is not a game for everyone, but more so for those who want a really good story. I guess a good way to look at it is a modern day point and click adventure game.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:48 pm

One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

You want me to talk about Uncharted 2's faces again. Fine. They look good, but not better than Halo Reach. Naughty Dog did a good job of walking the line between realistic and stylized. That keeps them from falling into the Uncanny Valley. Halo Reach walked that line better and with more detail.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 pm

haloreachftw wrote:
imma let you finish UNCHARTED 2 but REACH MAKES IT LOOK LIKE FUCKING DIRTY HORSE SHITE THAT HAS DIRTY MAGGOTS ON THAT SHIT. Uncharted 2 can eat my hairy penis with a side of GTFO. HALO FOR THE WIN WOO!!! WOOOO!!!!! WOOOOOO!!! CAN I GET A WHAT WHAT FOR MA HALO BITCHES? *HIGH FIVES THA HOMIES* EAT DICK AND DIE PS3 AND UNCHARTED 2. Halo will live forever in our hearts and minds ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY WITH HALO OH WAIT WE HAVE THE GRAPHICS ASWELL!ONE! YEH BITCHES!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOO HALO!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I GET THIS- 3=========D
WEN I SEE HALO!!! ANY1 AGREE? WOOO!!!! FUCK YES!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS YOUS ARE TEH AWEEISOMEIS!!!!!!!!!! PS3 FANBITCHES CRYBABY MOTHAFUCKERS CAN GO WATCH BLURAY WHILE I PLAY MY SUPERIOR SYSTEM.

IM DROOLING ATM OVER A MAGAZINE COVER OR MASTERCHIEF POSING WITH HIS GUN. OO YEH BITCHES WOOO WOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO
Um... ok... (high fives)... :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
SlyDevilHatesYou

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 am

i dont give a shit im buying heavy rain INDIGO PROPHECY RULED
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 am

you forgot about mass effect 2, that looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sydney360
Seaman Recruit
Sydney360

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am

Halo Reach is looking VERY nice.
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
As we are all aware PS3 fantards are pretty proud of the facial details of Heavy Rain, (a overhyped interactive movie), and Uncharted 2.

We also know that they can't stop spewing crap about the new Halo Reach awe inspiring preview. It's funny becuase some are claiming it's pre-rendered which would mean they think it looks too good which means they still don't want to believe the 360 is capable of just as much graphical power as the PS3 and in some cases actually superior.

Take a look at these pictures of in game facial details. You'll notice that PS3's best efforts come up short compared to the Halo Reach trailer. Luckily Bungie gave us a good close up of Commander Carter's face. We can see individual pores, small scares, and micro emotive lines on his forehead between his eyes.

Compared to Halo Reach's facial rendering techniques the best efforts of the PS3 fantard's favorite graphical examples fall flat. Heavy Rain's character look especially dead and doll like.

Check it out for yourself. There's a guy and a girl from each game. Sorry about the photo size. It's important to see all the details.

Guys:

Heavy Rain
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Heavy-rain-20090602032024614

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Halo-reach-20091213042705819

Uncharted 2
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014144743

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Halo-reach-20091213042705819

Gals:

Heavy Rain
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Heavy-rain-20091211051558983

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Halo-reach-20091213042440027

Uncharted 2
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014148837

Halo Reach
Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Halo-reach-20091213042440027

Nuff said.
faces are good because there being worked on by Metrics that are wonderful at face rendering and the face can only get better, cant wait. and heres more tech info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19273502&postcount=5581

Refined approach to distance and detail

Allows dramatically expanded number of enemies, light sources and other details

Described as "imposter tech"

Level of Detail (LOD) system allows building of bigger and more populated spaces for exploration

Distant objects are rendered at low poly with cheaper shaders, ie "imposters"

Imposter look great at distance and detail increases the closer you get to them

Less
chance of pop-up and stippling as environmental geometry, plants,
buildings, enemies or anything else can be placed into the visual field
at the same extreme distances without profound hit to system performance

At
extreme close range items can be rendered with incredible detail, ie, a
wall was shown from inches away with tiny rivet features in the metal
popped on the screen with perfect clarity

Imposter system indirectly frees up memory which can be devoted to other technical aspects

Lighting being one of those aspects

From Halo 3's 3 or 4 light sources, Reach's engine presents 20 to 40 dynamic lights at the same time

Weapon
effects benefit greatly from the improved lighting, ie Plasma bolts
moving across the screen with their own independent light source,
casting colour and shadow across the environment

More improved lighting examples, a
Warthog gun firing at a wall with hundred of real sparks flying from
the stone, the particles interact not just with the wall geometry, but
with it's normal map additionally, the particles scatter down onto a
nearby vehicle and react with its curves and lines, the sparks bounce
and flow along the tiny textured surface

New weather system bringing rain to many missions, adding to
the atmosphere

The
sky is no longer a sky-box like past Halo games, it's a true space in
the overall environment, ie a ship descends from orbit and towards you,
you can watch it make the full descent as a real object would fall

Motion capture heavily implemented, a majority of the cut-scenes based on captured actions

On-screen
characters exhibit an animation technique known as variable gait
blending, when a character changes speed, ie walking to running and
vice versa, the animation of walking blends seamlessly into running and
then sprinting, also, when turning on a pivot, players no longer stay
still and magically tur

Last edited by day walker on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 am

@ daywalker

im not gonna quote you cause that was a big post.

Thats some pretty impressive tech
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 am

ghost23 wrote:
@ daywalker

im not gonna quote you cause that was a big post.

Thats some pretty impressive tech
I agree. Halo Reach is going to be amazing.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 am

I should make a video comparing this, lol
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
I should make a video comparing this, lol
you should with the specs of who made the faces and what tech level reach has,
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 pm

lol uncharted doesnt even have that much graphics all it has is bright colors
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't get it. The faces look better in U2 and Heavy Rain IMO. But the 360 does the anti-aliasing better.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 pm

EventGamer wrote:
I don't get it. The faces look better in U2 and Heavy Rain IMO. But the 360 does the anti-aliasing better.

It's cause the 360 GPU does Anti-Aliasing better than the PS3 GPU and i don't think the cells can do anti-aliasing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering   Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach graphics PWN Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain: Face Rendering
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next